Something About Nothing............ #14

@ky07, We haven't met yet, but I wanted to add my condolences to you and your family. I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. ((hugs))

I'm coming down with a cold here, so not posting a lot today. I made a chicken for dinner so I'll have the bones for some good chicken soup tomorrow. :sick:

I'm back. I needed a little down time after work.
Yesterday, just before i left work, I took a message for one of our therapists. This morning I noticed it was on the counter near her inbox. This morning she came in and asked about the message. I asked her if she called the client back yesterday and she said no, because she was just now seeing the message. When I told her I left it yesterday afternoon she said, "Oh, I didn't see it." I wrote it on a 4x6 bright yellow sticky note and stuck it to her phone! My theory is that she took it off the phone yesterday, placed it on the counter and promptly forgot about it.
Later in the morning I discovered that another therapist hasn't checked her voicemail since August. I got her permission to access her voicemail and found 2o messages that she had never listened to. I wrote them all down for her, but most were deleted since they were so far out of date.
This is why I need a vacation.

And well, time for a doughnut to. I always grew up with today being Fastnacht Day. My father's family has German roots, so mom made donuts many a year, when I young.
I like the donut tradition. I have an Irish background, so apparently we are supposed to eat pancakes today.

Also, I bet B is excited, @Charade67. It would be nice if they roomed together, but at least they'll be at the same campus which will be awesome!
I don't know if rooming together would be a good idea or not. Sometimes that is a good way to end a friendship. It would be nice if they were on the same hall.

Now I want to make a run to Krispie Kreme
Sadly, our nearest one is an hour's drive.

Just heading to the big city to catch an NHL hockey game.
Sounds like fun. I have never been to a professional hockey game. I have only seen a couple of college games.

I'm coming down with a cold here, so not posting a lot today.
You have my sympathies. I am still trying to shake a cough.

Almost time to start cooking dinner. Nothing too exciting tonight. Just ham, mashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts.

Ooh we ended up with breakfast for dinner. Bacon and peppers in an omelette, and French toast. Seems the white bread was getting old, so use up rest of eggs, and dinner is served.

Still misty out, but not that cool feeling. Got gas for the car, not much of a line, so was a good time to go. Had to wait for the train both ways, so I guess it took me 20 or so minutes from the crossing on the way back.

Ack, older one left this odd movie on the TV, but remote is here, as he is playing online and yapping with his friends that are online too.

Good thing Mac left that light on, as foggy out commute. Waiting to hear the fog horn. LOL It might be call calling the camel or a girl here. 476787 Oh yes, homies, another happy Wednesday is upon us, and happy to know, my hoping day off is 2 days away. Yes indeed, Friday will be here soon enough. But let's get over this hump of a day, middle of the week, and smile knowing another month will pass us by at the end of this week.
476776 no silly cat, a camel. Like this: 476777 and a minion saying it is always cute: 476783

Ah, oh yes, not really feeling cool outside, with all that rain around, but oh my, heater is nicely pushing warmer air inside. Tea, why thank you. Second cup coming up soon.

So Good Morning homies. Hope McK is feeling better, and any other homie not feeling well, well wishes sent. And more hugs to KY.

:wave2:

Good morning. Foggy and rainy here. Today we are supposed to have a high of 63. Tomorrow will have a high of 43. I hate these drastic changes in temperature.

Not really a fan of pistachios. I will wait for Friday and celebrate national chili day.

Feel better soon @mckennarose!

I agree with you there, @Charade67. There is a lot to consider when you try to room with someone.

@macraven I have been on schedule and been doing good with my grades so far.

I'd say "yay" for Spring Break coming up soon. However, it won't be that much of a break. Considering it will be right after the point in which I told myself I'd start my availability for employment. The weekend right before Spring Break starts I have a weekend planned with my friends. I didn't want to apply right away and ask for time off, so holding off until afterward. So, if I don't have something lined up right after that, I'll be definitely applying a lot during that time, as well as will probably try to get class work done as well to get ahead.

Hope the homies have a good Hump Day!

Morning Sans family :wave2:

4D8B66A2-C9AE-4CA2-9876-47F0060DA87E.jpeg

FE0B149A-FD54-4C4D-BF53-6FF39A1E9611.jpeg

D13FE334-88ED-4125-8440-58FB6EFCA210.jpeg

0CD080F0-71E3-4D8E-B1C0-F5284C78AEEE.jpeg

19FAA175-9A94-420D-B47F-664D3F2965BC.jpeg

Cat picture for the cat lovers here. I particularly like this one...LOL

921F8F3B-99F0-4753-B245-F9CBC6A86825.gif

7249A28B-C3A5-4757-AB65-1FD59BE8A054.jpeg

Walking Dead one for Mac....LOL

05B948BF-9ABA-4257-9EF6-8E3211953AF8.gif

This little guy is so cute......all the animatronic ones on preorder have sold out. This is going to be the hot Christmas must have toy. Disney hit a gold mine with this one. They are going to make millions on this little fella above.

I have to say that Robo is always very good to acknowledge all of us here
No one can feel neglected as she goes back to see who has posted and has something to say to all
She’s a nice homie!

Thank you Mac....you have made a wonderful home for everyone here on the Sans thread.

Congrats! Enjoy

Thanks Keisha......hope you and your hubby had a great time on your vacation and celebrating your anniversary.

Robo......always good to see you......and belated Happy Anniversary.......glad you had such a lovely visit with family......always the best!

Thanks Schumi....sounds like you are all doing well and enjoying good food, friends and drink. Sending some Florida sunshine your way :sunny:

My Sweet Bride and I do have a little break scheduled for the first week of April though...headed to our 1st stay in our Copper Creek DVC. (after two years of ownership!) First time to spend my birthday in Orlando! :cake:

Great to hear you and your wife are going get a nice vacation on your birthday.

DLPN.......yes, what folks on the ships have had to put up with is awful.....there’s a British couple been on a ship for four weeks and are going out of their mind being stuck in tiny cabins all day every day! And no signs of any virus!

I saw on the Internet an older couple who were posting. I wonder why the British government is not doing something to bring them home. If they could get them home to an airbase with a quarantined mini hospital at least they would be close to home. They have done that with some American off that ship. It’s all very frightening.

I have heels, but nothing like the good old days.......not sure I’d be able to walk in them let alone for any time!! I keep telling her she’s doing her back no favours..

I have not walked in heels for years and never will again. They are very nice to look at, but not comfortable at all. It would be hysterical to watch me even try....LOL

Robo- oh no. I missed the post but saw now you got into fire ants. How awful. I got bit I don’t know how many times years ago when my mom lived in N. Miami Beach. I was standing in line at the kiosk to get a soda, when I felt stinging on my ankle. Looked down and fire ants were all over my feet and ankle. Luckily the beach shower was close by so I ran for it to wash them off. Awful. I loaded up on Benadryl but couldn’t wear shoes at all. Flip flops for rest of trip.

Ouch!!!!!! They are pesky painful devils for sure.

Robo- nice you had some family time and enjoyed Portofino and Harry Potter! Happy Anniversary! :love:

Thanks Sue. Grandson and family really had a great time.

It is really sad to see what's happening in China. I've been keeping an eye on it and watching video from people who are in Wuhan. I'm wondering what the status in the US will be when we travel in May.
There was a suspected case in a hospital south of us. A college student who returned from winter break. Thankfully, he tested negative.

We have a Canadian retired college professor who travels to that province to teach 2 to 3 times a year. He was supposed to go back in May......needless to say he is not going.

It is really frightening.

I love lemon meringue pie, but have never been able to make it. I can never get my meringue to set properly.

I found a lemon meringue pie recipe on line and tried it and it set properly. Don’t bake a lot so was glad to stumble on it.

For us that love photobombs...….:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

LOL....CUTE PIC

First batch of cherry and coconut scones cooling.....

WOW.....looks delicious.

Today I’m going to start laying out clothes I want to pack for Mexico.

Have a great trip to MexicoSue.

I was browsing for me then decided to look for Brian. I couldn't believe it I found a job that would be perfect for him and he had just about all the qualifications. He quickly applied and yesterday he got an email that he passed the first round and will now send his application to a hiring manager:woohoo:, we are so excited. Just keeping every part of our body crossed.

Great news bobbie68......sending every good wish that Brian gets the job.

Robo that was so nice that they invited you to go with them and score PBH even better. It sounds like they had a nice visit at your home too. Happy Belated Anniversary I hope you had a great night.

Thanks bobbie68.

I can honestly say we don't have those here. in Santa land :rotfl: I guess when you live somewhere that has great temps all year...your going to have some other " things " to deal with. I would take the fire ants over the cold. I'm sooo done with winter already. My feet silently cry when I put socks on every morning :sad:

LOL......after a bite from a fire ant 🐜 you might change your mind.

Mani-pedi done. She did a light blue with a touch of sparkles. Said it will be nice ocean/beach colour! First I picked out a colour and she sad no! That’s not a good Mexico vacay colour, lol. So I said fine, you pick. You can tell I’ve been going to her for years.

Yeah for mani and pedi always nice to have a salon foo foo day.

And so, the cold weather has arrived. Weather guy said, it will be a winter day feeling. Sigh. 32 out said the car. And with an almost happy voice, the weather guy said, and tomorrow, the temperature will be 12. Sigh. And he said, mostly cloudy day, with bits of sun. Hey, I am hoping a bit of sun comes during my lunchtime walk. Enough cold wind, and it felt chilly this morning. Hence, properly doing the thirsty Thursday.

Sending some :sunny: your way Lynne.

I think I have been getting mammograms since I was 40. Lucky me also got to start getting colonoscopies earlier than normal because my mother had colon cancer in addition to the breast cancer.

Early mammograms here too and colonoscopies every 3 or sooner as needed. I have UC so necessary. So thankful we have such testing for early detection of cancers and other maladies.

Funny that picture kind of reminds me of our dogs!!!
cute pic of the doggy’s.

DH & I both got stitches removed at derm yesterday & good results on the testing. A good day:)

Glad to hear good results on your tests. Always sets the minds at ease for sure.

My dad and a friend came over for dinner and pie for my late birthday.

Happy late birthday bobbie68

24793085-30EF-4D4E-A711-FD27BC13A7FF.gif

Liv is doing a little better at work. There are a few people who trigger the anxiety more, but she has come home a little less stressed. She is doing good this semester with school. Thanks for asking about her.

Glad to hear Liv is doing better.

Afternoon all :). Waiting for the mr to try to install the ring doorbell. Wish us luck lol

We have talking cameras all over outside of homes. Some guy came to the door and the camera alarmed me and I spoke to him through the camera......LOL he was looking for the camera.

You will have to let us know how you like your ring camera.

Slow day, getting ready to take ham out of oven. Making ‘real’ mashed taters, greens, yellow beans, corn, pineapple chunks, dinner rolls & pumpkin pie for dessert. Haven’t eaten yet, wanted to save room :)

Sounds yummy.

Long lost stranger checking in! Had some not so great times lately so I've been MIA!

Patty so nice to hear from you.

But checking in from the HRH club tonight! Troy has officially moved to Orlando. Right now, he is working at Disney. Looking for a job in his field! Missing the boy so we hopped on down!

Glad to hear you got Troy settled in. Hope he finds the job of his dreams.

My mom has been battling lung cancer since October of last year and it spread throughout her body and last night she lost her battle but I will miss her very much but I take comfort in knowing she's no longer in pain and my faith tells me this is not good bye but I'll see her on the otherside.

Ky07 my condolences to you and your family.

Granddaughter flew in last Thursday. We have been having some beach, shopping and pool time. She graduated in December with her MBA and has been taking her time looking for the right job. She landed her dream job at a global financial firm so this was the window of time she could make the trip. I can’t believe she is all grown up. Seems like yesterday she was a little girl.

It’s 79 right now supposed to be 84 here today. It’s a bit cloudy right now.

Today is my birthday and my neighbors are having us over to celebrate. I have received some nice cards and calls. So thankful to be remembered.

I have a dental appointment today. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but only day I could get in.

Need to get scootin on some trip plans for grandson when he gets out of school and of course looking forward to another HHN this year.

B1C9910B-510B-4733-97F0-84166D69B7E6.gif

Shout out to Tink....hope you are doing well dear lady and things are calming down for you.

Disxumi hope your transition is easing some.

To all the other Sans family I missed quoting :wave:

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

:wave2: doing another quick stop in. I don't have any papers on my desk yet ( I know they are coming ) It's a sunny day here today. The weather has warmed up a bit finally ( warm to those of us here ) and winter seems to loosening it's grip on us. It's one of those crisp cold mornings...but the sun is shinning and the energy just feels good!!!! You know those certain days where is energy just feels good...it's one of those days. The sunrise this morning was beautiful pinks and yellows....so I'll take it! I'm hoping that I can maybe not have to pull out the big heavy winter coat anymore. Today it was just my cool weather coat lol.

@mckennarose I hope you get better soon. Those colds can linger for so long.

@Charade67 I can see why you need a vacation. That sounds like taking care of children...or herding cats! That would be exhausting imo

@Disxuni ...that sounds like a great plan!!! Enjoy your weekend with friends. I hope the job hunting goes good

@Lynne G I'm just finishing up my tea. It went down really fast this morning. Either that or there is a hole in my cup!

@Robo56 Happy birthday :bday: I hope it's a good one, even with the dentist appointment. And all the trip planning sounds like fun!

Well...the dreaded pile of paperwork has arrived. It doesn't look too bad today. Hopefully I can check in a little later.
I hope everyone has a good hump day!!!!!!!!!!

476897 Have a very happy birthday, Robo. Nice to celebrate with your granddaughter and neighbors. Congratulations to your granddaughter finishing her MBA and getting a great sounding job. Yeah, they do grow up. And also happy to hear grandson and you had some fun too.

Yeah, you'll see a wahoo from me today. Close to 60 again. Walk is on. But then of course, the colder weather is starting to arrive by tomorrow. May not see a wahoo from me in the cold windy day they are saying for Thursday.

Happy birthday Robo!!! So sorry you have to spend part of it with the dentist.

Pumpkin - Funny you should mention herding cats. Last night I dreamed that a bunch of cats were in my backyard. A couple of the managed to get into my house. I had to put one back out because she was clawing my recliner.

Almost time for lunch. I’m thinking Chick-fil-A.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 476848

View attachment 476855

View attachment 476853

View attachment 476854

View attachment 476856

Cat picture for the cat lovers here. I particularly like this one...LOL

View attachment 476850

View attachment 476847

Walking Dead one for Mac....LOL

View attachment 476852

This little guy is so cute......all the animatronic ones on preorder have sold out. This is going to be the hot Christmas must have toy. Disney hit a gold mine with this one. They are going to make millions on this little fella above.

Thank you Mac....you have made a wonderful home for everyone here on the Sans thread.

Thanks Keisha......hope you and your hubby had a great time on your vacation and celebrating your anniversary.

Thanks Schumi....sounds like you are all doing well and enjoying good food, friends and drink. Sending some Florida sunshine your way :sunny:

Great to hear you and your wife are going get a nice vacation on your birthday.

I saw on the Internet an older couple who were posting. I wonder why the British government is not doing something to bring them home. If they could get them home to an airbase with a quarantined mini hospital at least they would be close to home. They have done that with some American off that ship. It’s all very frightening.

I have not walked in heels for years and never will again. They are very nice to look at, but not comfortable at all. It would be hysterical to watch me even try....LOL

Ouch!!!!!! They are pesky painful devils for sure.

Thanks Sue. Grandson and family really had a great time.

We have a Canadian retired college professor who travels to that province to teach 2 to 3 times a year. He was supposed to go back in May......needless to say he is not going.

It is really frightening.

I found a lemon meringue pie recipe on line and tried it and it set properly. Don’t bake a lot so was glad to stumble on it.

LOL....CUTE PIC

WOW.....looks delicious.

Have a great trip to MexicoSue.

Great news bobbie68......sending every good wish that Brian gets the job.

Thanks bobbie68.

LOL......after a bite from a fire ant 🐜 you might change your mind.

Yeah for mani and pedi always nice to have a salon foo foo day.

Sending some :sunny: your way Lynne.

Early mammograms here too and colonoscopies every 3 or sooner as needed. I have UC so necessary. So thankful we have such testing for early detection of cancers and other maladies.

cute pic of the doggy’s.

Glad to hear good results on your tests. Always sets the minds at ease for sure.

Happy late birthday bobbie68

View attachment 476887

Glad to hear Liv is doing better.

We have talking cameras all over outside of homes. Some guy came to the door and the camera alarmed me and I spoke to him through the camera......LOL he was looking for the camera.

You will have to let us know how you like your ring camera.

Sounds yummy.

Patty so nice to hear from you.

Glad to hear you got Troy settled in. Hope he finds the job of his dreams.

Ky07 my condolences to you and your family.

Granddaughter flew in last Thursday. We have been having some beach, shopping and pool time. She graduated in December with her MBA and has been taking her time looking for the right job. She landed her dream job at a global financial firm so this was the window of time she could make the trip. I can’t believe she is all grown up. Seems like yesterday she was a little girl.

It’s 79 right now supposed to be 84 here today. It’s a bit cloudy right now.

Today is my birthday and my neighbors are having us over to celebrate. I have received some nice cards and calls. So thankful to be remembered.

I have a dental appointment today. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but only day I could get in.

Need to get scootin on some trip plans for grandson when he gets out of school and of course looking forward to another HHN this year.

View attachment 476851

Shout out to Tink....hope you are doing well dear lady and things are calming down for you.

Disxumi hope your transition is easing some.

To all the other Sans family I missed quoting :wave:

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Happy Birthday!!! :bday:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter