Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Afternoon

It has been raining here since yesterday and I believe we are in for another day. The weather is cooler so it feels a little raw out. Everyday trying to get a little more of the rooms organized and packed so Brian can paint them. House remodeling will be going on for the next 6 weeks or so. I am not use to my house upside down but I know it is for a good cause!!

I made meatloaf, with cauliflower mashed potatoes and cream corn last night. Tonight probably will be broccoli and pasta. Tomorrow night Charlie will be helping with cooking he makes a nice chicken stir fry. I hope we will be celebrating him passing his driving permit.

Robo Happy Birthday party: I hope you have a great day! It sounds like you have some nice weather coming in, enjoy it. Congrats to your granddaughter and enjoy her visit.

KY07 I am so sorry about losing your mom.

Pumpkin I hope you have a nice weekend going to the NHL game. I use to go to some many years ago. Just getting away sometimes is a good thing.

Mkrose I hope you are feeling better! Chicken soup is such a good cold remedy. My mom use to boil chicken for it (not so good) I use the bones from rotisserie chicken gives it a good flavor.

Charade I hope your work days go smoother. It is ridiculous that people take a job that they don't want to do the work for. Krispy Kreme was here for a short time then left. My family loves burssel sprouts. I sautee them with lots of spices.

Lynne your breakfast dinner sounded good. I love breakfast any time of the day! I love french toast grilled in oil (nice and crispy) or as a casserole. Thanks for the pistacio day reminder, I love them. I thik the kitten pic says it all about hump day!

Disxuni Enjoy your weekend with your friends. Good luck on the job search!

:wave: to Mac, Schumi, Tink, Patty, Monykalyn, DLPN, Sue and all the rest of the SANS family! Have a great day!

Had to get another stitch removed that was hiding last Thursday. Let me saw ow, ow & ow again. Admit things felt much better after it departed :). Today pasta day here in deference to Ash Wednesday. Mac & Cheese for some of us and pasta oglio for the mr. Easy peasy :)

Good morning homies and i know it's really early but unable to sleep cause I got heartbreaking news tonight.
My mom has been battling lung cancer since October of last year and it spread throughout her body and last night she lost her battle but I will miss her very much but I take comfort in knowing she's no longer in pain and my faith tells me this is not good bye but I'll see her on the otherside.
So so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing woman!
I'm coming down with a cold here, so not posting a lot today. I made a chicken for dinner so I'll have the bones for some good chicken soup tomorrow. :sick:
Oh no, that RX is the best one for a cold IMO
Granddaughter flew in last Thursday. We have been having some beach, shopping and pool time. She graduated in December with her MBA and has been taking her time looking for the right job. She landed her dream job at a global financial firm so this was the window of time she could make the trip. I can’t believe she is all grown up. Seems like yesterday she was a little girl.
How proud you must be :)
Look what was waiting for me when I got home.
View attachment 476964
My mouth is hanging open, that is so cool...build a bear?

Last edited:

Just heading to the big city to catch an NHL hockey game. Going to watch the Oilers plays the Jets
I meant to comment on this yesterday.... So excited for you! I LOVE hockey!
Sorry to hear you are coming down with a cold, McK. Well wishes of mummy dust sent.
Feel better real soon Mrose
You have my sympathies. I am still trying to shake a cough.
Hope McK is feeling better, and any other homie not feeling well, well wishes sent.
Feel better soon @mckennarose!
@mckennarose I hope you get better soon. Those colds can linger for so long.
Thank you everyone for the warm get well wishes! You're all such nice people! My throat is a little less sore today, which is good. That's the part about being sick that I hate the most. I am still coughing and stuffy but hopefully it won't last too long. I did have a flu shot in the Fall, and this feels just like a regular cold so far. There are a lot of people sick with the flu around here now.
Mkrose I hope you are feeling better! Chicken soup is such a good cold remedy. My mom use to boil chicken for it (not so good) I use the bones from rotisserie chicken gives it a good flavor.
Oh yes, chicken soup is so good when you're sick. I use the pressure cooker for my broth and it comes out really nice.
Had to get another stitch removed that was hiding last Thursday. Let me saw ow, ow & ow again. Admit things felt much better after it departed
Oh, ouch! I'm glad they got it out and it feels better!

@Charade67: That bear and Tardis are the cutest!

I've not been very busy or productive the past two days, I'm afraid. But I guess it's ok to rest for a bit when you're not feeling well. I am Lysol-ing EVERYTHING. I'ts been a little warmer out so I had some windows open to air out the house.

Thanks again for the well wishes! I'm off to sip more soup and lay down.

:wave2:
Life got busy again (still??). This past weekend was chili cookoff=looks on track for another good year (>$125K net). Which is good as we just got news the Boys&Girls Club will be partnering with another school and doing an integrated program with a brand newly built school building in an underserved area of town. Our one integrated unit here is a huge success (this is the one that Sertoma raised the capital for and is named the Sertoma unit) as the kids go to school then shift to the B&GC part of the building for before/after school activities. No bussing needed. The goal is to have a B&GC in every part of town, serve all kids/teens regardless of need.
Had MiL, SiL, dh's oldest and her sisters/fiances/mom and her husband, DH's cousins all in town for the cookoff too. For the first time though, I went home to bed after dinner. Usually we all go out but this year I was wiped-and no wonder-urgent care today and sinus infection!. Ugh so ready for winter to be done. And it is wednesday and yep-snow AGAIN this wednesday-think it is now like 5-6 weeks in a row?

Ooh super sci-fi/marvel/ST/SW nerd here. But the Best Star Trek series so far was Deep Space Nine (haven't seen Picard yet)
My mom has been battling lung cancer since October of last year and it spread throughout her body and last night she lost her battle but I will miss her very much
So sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is hard no matter your age.
Today is my birthday
Happy Birthday!!
Got to see the college kid briefly as she came home to fly out to SEattle from our airport. Middle kid is off to ARizona to check out the college there in a couple weeks, then Minnesota at end of March to check that campus. Trying to plan for August and HHN and Thanksgiving is proving difficult as I don't know what kid will be where by then.

Did someone say then needed eggs for French toast?? have 2 dozen in fridge with another dozen hard boiled and peeled (think only a couple left now) and 2 dozen in bowl on counter. Girls are laying with well now-blue, bluey-green, brown eggs so pretty in a carton. Guess the neighbors will be getting some deliveries.
Puppy tucked in beside me, he is getting big. Too smart for his own good. And cute.
Cold med kicking in, may be time to snooze.

Hello to all the peeps!! I've been trying to keep up even when I don't have time to reply!:wave2::wave2::wave2:

Monyk
Very happy you updated us on how you are and what you have been up to
I was counting noses here yesterday and wondered how you were doing

You stay so busy all the time and accomplish a lot!
Good that you were able to get checked out and on meds for your sinus infection
Hope it clears up and you feel better real soon!

You need some vacation time soon
(Not that you will get a lot of rest on them but boy oh boy, it is nice to get away from home and be carefree)

If we ever can get a homie meet up with all the gang here, I know we can count on you to bring the egg salad... your hens have really been busy laying eggs!

Oh yeah, MonyK, I'd take some eggs. My neighbor chickens are now too old to produce. Your family sounds so busy. And sending some well wish mummy dust to ya. Sinus infections are not fun at all. Hope you get some time to relax, and sleep. And very happy so much money was raised for those kids at the chili cookoff. If I'd live closer, I'd be there, as I do like a good bowl of chili.

Well, those severe storms stayed mostly South and East of me, but we were rocking and rolling with what sounded like icy rain, or sleet, pounding the windows in the wee hours. Puddles and wet road commute. And oh my, wind, sustained around 20 to 25 mph, was pushing my car, and ooh, was pushed strongly from behind as a went around the building. Oh, and gusts of 40 to 45 mph today. Yeah, hair tie now in, and tea in hand. Still so dark out. But weather guy on the radio said may even see some sun today. Ah yes, I'd be ready for some brightness on these last couple of gray skies days.

So, since we have wind chills in the the high 20's, and the car said the outside temp was over 10 degrees lower than yesterday's temp at morning commute time, time to drink tea. Yes, ladies and gents, it's Thirsty Thursday today!

477095 oh yes, 477096

So, good thing I didn't see a cow fly buy, hope your weather is warmer and nicer than mine, homies.

Off to refill my tea cup. Have a fabulous Thursday, and drink up, that means tomorrow is Friday, and you know, I really think a 3 day weekend is appropriate, as 2 day week next week, as NYC is the rest of the week days. :)

Keisha, hoping that stitch removal site is feeling better now. Ack, to have one to still pull out.

And ooh, I have a bag of that vegetable mashed taters, as older one wanted to try it. Maybe we'll have it tonight, Bobbie, with some steak, instead of meatloaf. I rarely make meatloaf as I am not a fan, and little one will not eat it. I should make it, as the men in my house, tend to enjoy any kind of food.

Neat bear, Charade, even nicer it's now available, and you got one.

Good Morning all!

Good Thursday morning homies!

When when my boys were littles, Mr Mac and I enjoyed meatloaf
For the boys I told them it was square hamburgers and put a slice of it on a bun w/ ketchup
Eventually they caught on but not until they were older

6A669C1B-E865-414B-80E3-67C7B5E354C2.jpeg

Hello, winter...staying long? Just say no...please!

Monyk - congrats on that haul for charity. Don’t think our area has B&G clubs, perhaps in the city. Lots of after-school programs in place for low income though.

57FE06DF-DA2E-47AE-AB71-4CB7C67E8A32.jpeg I’m partial to Ferengis :)

Mac - if truth be known i was focused on whether the Derm would be charging me for another procedure. Kept my mind occupied while the nurse dug for gold

I’m only one who enjoys (cold) meatloaf in family. One DS will eat if its all I have in the fridge. have had this version in my online recipe box for ages.

B9B7D9BF-7100-45ED-A9B3-1AA1F8C7BF8F.jpeg

And it is wednesday and yep-snow AGAIN this wednesday-think it is now like 5-6 weeks in a row?
Ugh! We woke up to some on the ground today too.
I hope your sinus infection clears quickly!
And oh my, wind, sustained around 20 to 25 mph, was pushing my car, and ooh, was pushed strongly from behind as a went around the building
Lynne, we lost power from the winds this morning! Just for a little while, but some areas are still out. They had to close one of the schools here because of no power.
I rarely make meatloaf as I am not a fan, and little one will not eat it. I should make it, as the men in my house, tend to enjoy any kind of food.
I like meatloaf, but I make a turkey meatloaf. I like ground beef but I rarely buy it so I started making turkey meatloaf.
When when my boys were littles, Mr Mac and I enjoyed meatloaf
For the boys I told them it was square hamburgers and put a slice of it on a bun w/ ketchup
Eventually they caught on but not until they were older
Mac, LOL! The things we do to trick our kids into eating when they're little! I used to mix juice with seltzer water for my kids and tell them it was soda-juice. :rotfl:

Keisha, I appear to be following you around the boards today!

I'm still sick, but ok. Trying to be a little more productive today now that the power is back on.

Ack, that's a shame power went out for some time, McK. Yeah, my phone gave me warnings about road hazards today. Thank goodness our trash was the other day, so no trash cans out in my neighborhood, though I saw some as I commuted. Airborne fun. Hope you get better soon. Rest a cold, and feed a cold, so hope you get both today.

Kiesha, cute way to have meatloaf in your cookbook picture. Yeah, would still not get me to eat it, probably. I do make pigs in blanket sometimes. Has to be beef hotdogs though.

Pizza for lunch. Yay! No packing required. And eh, with the wind, may not do my lunchtime walk. Well, maybe a short one.

And boo, shoo! For those getting snow again, like you MonyK. Hope it melts fast.

With that have a perfectly good Afternoon. Well, almost evening for Schumi and those across the pond.

Keisha, I appear to be following you around the boards today!
Lol i see you
Kiesha, cute way to have meatloaf in your cookbook picture. Yeah, would still not get me to eat it, probably. I do make pigs in blanket sometimes. Has to be beef hotdogs though.
I’m going with pigs in the blanket ur side of the state is a wrapped hot dog?

Here, if you say pigs in the blanket it equates to halupki. Yet another thing most of my family won’t touch. Recipe makes so much, usually have some sitting in the deep freeze. Of which i’m Still trying to empty out so i can defrost it.

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in this morning.

I think we are all tired of winter. It is time for it to GO AWAY!!!! My feet are seriously irritated by socks now. I'm constantly adjusting them, taking off y shoes/slippers and adjusting them. My feet are soo ready for flip flops again.

Meatloaf...I love it every once in awhile. It is not a family favorite...but when they don't have to think of things to change up our meals, and they are not planning, purchasing or preparing it...then they don't get a choice lol :duck:I may have to duck when they ask what's for dinner though lol

Tonight we are having Korean beef tacos. We will see how this works. Tossing them into the instant pot, so hoping it goes alright.

I'm thinking it might be a 2 cups of tea day today. Hitting the mall for a quick stop over my lunch. I was doing some online snooping one boutique I like to go to. I seen there were a couple of new blouses I would like...so I'm going to pick them up for our little get away this weekend. It's not beach wear...but at least it's something new to wear to work!

Have a good day everyone!!!!

Did you read of our new rule that anyone with a name starting with letter P is the one that brings donuts on Mondays?

Ok got it! But you guys will have to trek to Buffalo(BRRRRR) to enjoy them! We have a donut shop here that makes HUGE delicious donuts!!

NYC will be our fun, short vacation. Highly thinking of taking Friday off.

Enjoy!!

Patty so nice to hear from you.

Thanks, Robo!

Hope he finds the job of his dreams.

Yes, we do too! Praying every day!

Cat picture for the cat lovers here. I particularly like this one...LOL

Love it!!

Stuffed cabbage?
Growing up in the Midwest pigs in a blanket was what we called the hotdog/sausage wrap

Polish girl here- we call them golabki!

Having a snow storm today!! Most schools are closed- many flights canceled. But thankfully, we only got about 4 inches so far. Winds are supposed to ramp up to over 50 mph later so we're not done yet. Snow will continue all of today and tomorrow!

Have a great afternoon all!! Planning to leave work early to beat the traffic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter