• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something strange at POP

Hmm....I guess I am judging when it appears a crime is being committed.
Your choice to ignore that and accept illegal behaviors by others; we don't know what the intent is when someone is looking inside of other people's room by looking in the window.

Would you ignore that if someone did that to you and were in the room?
Somebody noticed an empty room near them that hadn’t been serviced for days. I really think you should take a step back and realize that doesn’t necessarily make them a criminal.

Nope, window peeping is a crime. My perception is valid.
It has been proven many times that crime does occur in the Disney bubble.
It is naïve to believe it doesn't.

The window peepers were not outside the room 24/7 so they had no idea what was happening or not happening in that room.
Just being creepy by looking into other peoples room through the window, which they admitted doing.
"Window peeping" is generally defined as going onto someone's private property to look in a window. OP was in a public area and witnessed an empty room through a huge picture window. No one could claim there is any expectation of privacy in that situation.

This is a heads up to everyone to keep their curtains closed, lots of people are looking at you and your room. Otherwise no privacy.
I think this is a given. People do close their curtains if they want privacy. It’s common sense. And that’s why it’s so rare to actually see open curtains with guests inside.

The only time I really notice opened curtains is when maids are servicing the room. And yes, it’s because I glanced in. :)

I think this is a given. People do close their curtains if they want privacy. It’s common sense. And that’s why it’s so rare to actually see open curtains with guests inside.

The only time I really notice opened curtains is when maids are servicing the room. And yes, it’s because I glanced in. :)

Actual footage of @Disneylover99

tenor.gif

I kid :teeth:

I would have looked. Curtains open, light on... I glance.

Day 2: Curtains open, light on... I glance a little longer because I didn't see anyone in the room earlier.

Day 3: Curtains open, light on... I'd take a good look because I haven't seen anyone in the room for 2 days.

By day 4 or 5 I'd be curious.

"Window peeping" is generally defined as going onto someone's private property to look in a window. OP was in a public area and witnessed an empty room through a huge picture window. No one could claim there is any expectation of privacy in that situation.

Seems odd to me that we cannot expect privacy in a hotel room even though the curtains are open. Do we know if this is actually true?
I would expect others to respect privacy of people in rooms that are not traveling with them.
The OP did not know if the room was empty, that is why they looked into it.

Somebody noticed an empty room near them that hadn’t been serviced for days. I really think you should take a step back and realize that doesn’t necessarily make them a criminal.

Again, agree to disagree.

Noticing and glancing as you pass a room is a bit different than seeing how the room was or not made up or whether there was luggage in the room. That was stated by the OP.
It is your choice to ignore the possible criminal behaviors.
My perceptions are valid even though you do not agree; no need to disparage. If saw someone window peeping into my room I would call security.

We'll have to let the Disney masses know that lots of people are peeping into their rooms to check if it meets their idea of what is acceptable. LOL.

I would have looked. Curtains open, light on... I glance.

Day 2: Curtains open, light on... I glance a little longer because I didn't see anyone in the room earlier.

Day 3: Curtains open, light on... I'd take a good look because I haven't seen anyone in the room for 2 days.

By day 4 or 5 I'd be curious.

And at what point would you go to the front desk to express concern about Room XXXX?

That is what I find puzzling. The OP seemingly found it weird enough it is still bugging them a month later, but reportedly never asked the front desk to check on that room.

Do most of us see things out of our peripheral vision? Yes. I cannot remember if it was Music or Pop, but I was walking back to my room one night and someone clearly forgot a) close your curtains when changing and b) lights on in the room when it was dark outside mean anyone passing by can see everything. I only caught it out of my peripheral vision and quickly cut my eyes to the other side of the path and kept right on going.

But IMHO if there was something so “weird” like curtains always open, light always on - and especially if I was nosy enough to stop long enough to examine how the bed was made or not and that “everything looked the same”, I would take the time to go to the front desk and recommend they do a wellness check on that room as nothing had changed in there in days.

Again, agree to disagree.

Noticing and glancing as you pass a room is a bit different than seeing how the room was or not made up or whether there was luggage in the room. That was stated by the OP.
It is your choice to ignore the possible criminal behaviors.
My perceptions are valid even though you do not agree; no need to disparage. If saw someone window peeping into my room I would call security.

We'll have to let the Disney masses know that lots of people are peeping into their rooms to check if it meets their idea of what is acceptable. LOL.
Nobody is suggesting you should ignore criminal behaviours. It’s just that most people in this thread don’t consider what the OP did a criminal act. You have made it clear that you do.

You can feel however you want to feel. If someone stops at your window and peers in or leers at you, by all means, call security. Most people would.

Yikes!!! I always wondered who these kind of people are.
Why were you looking into the window of other rooms? Do you do this often?
Does this mean the rest of us need to keep our drapes closed all of the time because of nosey people?
Seems rude and creepy.
Please stop.

LOL...not sure if you are serious or not...but this was funny. Thanks for the laugh.

No need for personal attacks about my perception of a situation.

You are making many assumptions and inferences. I do not understand why the situation was considered unusual when nothing was happening at all, just a room with a light on.
The lack of any observed activity or apparent changes as you indicated, means nothing. It is not reasonable to infer there is a problem based on their assumptions, without any concrete visualization, that something strange is going on. The people in the room were apparently not on the same schedule as the peepers; which is really a mute point as it shouldn't matter to the peepers.
Curious about nothing going on because you think there should be? Hmmm.....

The OP said they looked into the window and indicated they did not see any luggage so they were not just walking by and 'glancing' around.
They were actively looking onto someone else's room. They had to have stopped and looked into the room. This is strange.

If having a wider view means you can commit a crime, wow.
Now, noticing something that is actively going on should be paid attention to.
Too many people not minding their own business and interfering with unsolicited advice/actions, especially without cause. IMO.

Stay safe.

LOL...I guess this answered my question on if you were serious or not...sadly...you were

The OP said this was noticed over the course of 5 days......what IF....the had looked in, and saw some one collapsed on the floor. If they were just minding their business, this person would have never had help.

OP clearly notice something out of the ordinary that required an extra look. I thank them for taking the time to notice...THAT was the safe behavior. Turning a blind eye to problems is not being safe.

And at what point would you go to the front desk to express concern about Room XXXX?

That is what I find puzzling. The OP seemingly found it weird enough it is still bugging them a month later, but reportedly never asked the front desk to check on that room.

Do most of us see things out of our peripheral vision? Yes. I cannot remember if it was Music or Pop, but I was walking back to my room one night and someone clearly forgot a) close your curtains when changing and b) lights on in the room when it was dark outside mean anyone passing by can see everything. I only caught it out of my peripheral vision and quickly cut my eyes to the other side of the path and kept right on going.

But IMHO if there was something so “weird” like curtains always open, light always on - and especially if I was nosy enough to stop long enough to examine how the bed was made or not and that “everything looked the same”, I would take the time to go to the front desk and recommend they do a wellness check on that room as nothing had changed in there in days.

I didn’t get the vibe that the OP was posting because they were worried about or bothered by something. To me it was presented as a point of discussion, like, I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, I’m just wondering why. Any ideas?

That’s it.

I didn’t get the vibe that the OP was posting because they were worried about or bothered by something. To me it was presented as a point of discussion, like, I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, I’m just wondering why. Any ideas?

That’s it.

Maybe I’m weird, but if I am still thinking about something as random as an empty room a month later enough to mention it, I would say I was concerned/worried. If I wasn’t concerned/worried I would have made like Elsa and let it go.

Maybe I’m weird, but if I am still thinking about something as random as an empty room a month later enough to mention it, I would say I was concerned/worried. If I wasn’t concerned/worried I would have made like Elsa and let it go.
And that’s why I saw the post as not worry, but curiosity. Something you notice on the trip, but probably don’t think much about when you get home and then it suddenly pops back into your mind, so you ask.

Hmm....I guess I am judging when it appears a crime is being committed.
Your choice to ignore that and accept illegal behaviors by others; we don't know what the intent is when someone is looking inside of other people's room by looking in the window.

Would you ignore that if someone did that to you and were in the room?
If I were in the room, unless I was unconscious on the floor, the curtains would have been closed.
There are more people that look into other people's rooms than I thought.
It seems a fair number of people happen to glance into hotel rooms with open curtains.
I am also surprised that lots of people here think this is OK with the excuse of I was just walking by and glanced into the room looking for luggage and how the room looked different from when I looked earlier that day.
Nobody was looking for luggage. OP noticed open drapes which drew their attention to the room interior. They may have realized at that first glance that there was no visible luggage, or they may have realized it on a later walk by the room.
Peeping into a room can happen anytime of day, as evidenced by the OP. It is a crime
OP's action appears not to be a crime in Florida: Peeping Tom "A Peeping Tom is a person who watches another individual without their consent or knowledge. In Florida, engaging in such behavior is a chargeable offense and a conviction could result in jail or prison time and fines. Peeping Tom offenses are governed by Florida’s statute on burglary and trespassing." There seems not to have been a person in the room, therefore no crime.

And that’s why I saw the post as not worry, but curiosity. Something you notice on the trip, but probably don’t think much about when you get home and then it suddenly pops back into your mind, so you ask.

I guess where I am different is if it didn’t bother me enough to report it then, I would not think about it later. Definitely not enough to post about it.

Yikes!!! I always wondered who these kind of people are.
Why were you looking into the window of other rooms? Do you do this often?
Does this mean the rest of us need to keep our drapes closed all of the time because of nosey people?
Seems rude and creepy.
Please stop.
OMG...I always wondered who "these kind of ppl were." Why are you you being over-dramatic? Is this how you live in real-life? Does this mean the rest of us should never post a curious question because of rude ppl.?
Talk about rude and creepy....if you don't want to participate in a conversation...scroll along.

For goodness sakes; it is really not that big of a deal. When you're staying somewhere and you notice something out of the norm...it's pretty common to notice and be curious. OP, I'm sorry some ppl. get such joy out of being ridiculously mean.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter