• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something strange at POP

Also this is almost a month later? If I were that concerned about what someone else was doing or not in their hotel room, I would have stopped by the front desk to express my concern. But honestly? I would have minded my own business and trusted the security checks to take care of any issues. Unless I saw blood or a body - then I would have called 911. But not waited until a month later.
A month later for what? The OP didn't say they were going to report it now. And the OP did mind their own business at the time, but you're implying in subsequent posts they should have reported it if they were concerned? I don't get it.

The OP seemingly found it weird enough it is still bugging them a month later, but reportedly never asked the front desk to check on that room.
Maybe I’m weird, but if I am still thinking about something as random as an empty room a month later enough to mention it, I would say I was concerned/worried. If I wasn’t concerned/worried I would have made like Elsa and let it go.
To these points, not everyone on here is a daily DisBoards poster or visitor. Perhaps this the first time OP has been on the boards since then, or perhaps they read something else that reminded them of the situation. I don't think the late post about is a gauge of the level of concern/worry of the OP. JMO.

They were actively looking onto someone else's room. They had to have stopped and looked into the room. This is strange.
This is very presumptuous. You're jumping to big conclusions based on something we don't even know.

I am judging when it appears a crime is being committed.
I don't think any DA would indict the OP for glancing in an open window while passing by at a Disney resort.

Seems odd to me that we cannot expect privacy in a hotel room even though the curtains are open.
You can't expect privacy at all when staying in a room that's on private property. Its best to either keep the shades shut or don't sweat the small stuff.

I guess where I am different is if it didn’t bother me enough to report it then, I would not think about it later. Definitely not enough to post about it.
Well, yes ppl. are definitely different. I'm not sure the point of questioning why someone would post a question when their process was different than yours. Happens every day. There's nothing wrong with the OP posting a question and/or being curious.

This thread is really something else. Wow. I have stayed in values and moderates many times. The open windows are directly in your field of vision (especially if the lights are on and the curtains are wide open at night). The curtains are the only things that stop people from seeing into your room constantly. To assume people casually passing by won't see into your room, especially at night, is just silly. I guess anyone who assumes that would be totally comfortable fully naked in front of the open window? Please. Having your window open is putting whatever is happening in your room on stage for everyone to see at least in a brief moment as they pass by. Now, should people be watching you? No. But OP wasn't watching anyone. He specifically said he saw no person. In today's world, being vigilant is important.

And let's remember, mousekeeping is not making beds right now. Maybe the guest(s) staying in the room got up early and returned late. Maybe the guest departed early for a family emergency, never checked out, and the room was left as it was. There could be a number of explanantions but the least likely is that OP is a criminal lol.

Seems odd to me that we cannot expect privacy in a hotel room even though the curtains are open. Do we know if this is actually true?
I would expect others to respect privacy of people in rooms that are not traveling with them.
The OP did not know if the room was empty, that is why they looked into it.
If you want privacy, you close the shades. This isn't complicated.

You sound like one of those people who think it's illegal to video tape them in public.

Peeping is a crime. If you trespass on someone's property and attempt to look in a window where the coverings are closed to normal outside view.
If you leave your coverings open so that the interior can be seen from a common area it isn't a crime.
If you are in a hotel room that has a common walkway and you want privacy, close the coverings so the casual observer can't look in to your room.

Let's stay away from personal attacks or one of the Moderators will be along to close this thread.

My personal view is that the windows have drapes or shades that may be closed for privacy. It is really up to the guest in the room as they have complete control. It is more of an issue at the Values and Moderates with walkways / exterior hallways that go directly past the type of windows in question.

Dave

Again, agree to disagree.

Noticing and glancing as you pass a room is a bit different than seeing how the room was or not made up or whether there was luggage in the room. That was stated by the OP.
It is your choice to ignore the possible criminal behaviors.
My perceptions are valid even though you do not agree; no need to disparage. If saw someone window peeping into my room I would call security.

We'll have to let the Disney masses know that lots of people are peeping into their rooms to check if it meets their idea of what is acceptable. LOL.

Just stop with the "crime" thing. These Disney "hallways" are open, not private property of the occupant of the hotel room, one is passing by a huge window with the curtains open. No crime has been committed to look inside. And yes, I am a lawyer.

Let's stay away from personal attacks or one of the Moderators will be along to close this thread.

My personal view is that the windows have drapes or shades that may be closed for privacy. It is really up to the guest in the room as they have complete control. It is more of an issue at the Values and Moderates with walkways / exterior hallways that go directly past the type of windows in question.

Dave

It probably should be closed. The OP was called a criminal over and over.
I doubt they’ll be back and I wouldn’t blame them for not coming back.

Just stop with the "crime" thing. These Disney "hallways" are open, not private property of the occupant of the hotel room, one is passing by a huge window with the curtains open. No crime has been committed to look inside. And yes, I am a lawyer.
Hahaha, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a retired LEO. So, I posted the same answer with less schooling! ;)

And at what point would you go to the front desk to express concern about Room XXXX?
I'd be curious. I might even find it weird but I would never go to the front desk to express concern because I saw an empty room that had not been cleaned by housekeeping for several days in a row.
That is what I find puzzling. The OP seemingly found it weird enough it is still bugging them a month later, but reportedly never asked the front desk to check on that room.
I, too, find it puzzling that woody377 brought it up on the boards.

Please the Florida law.....

Please the Florida law.....
I'm genuinely confused. Are you asking for the Florida law (linked and quoted earlier in the thread)
OP's action appears not to be a crime in Florida: Peeping Tom "A Peeping Tom is a person who watches another individual without their consent or knowledge. In Florida, engaging in such behavior is a chargeable offense and a conviction could result in jail or prison time and fines. Peeping Tom offenses are governed by Florida’s statute on burglary and trespassing." There seems not to have been a person in the room, therefore no crime.
Or scoffing at it?

So you’ve never posted about an observation or experience you had after a trip?

Share what I did on a trip? Sure.
Share something I found interesting or strange and ask on a message board about it? Not a month later.

Share something I found interesting or strange and ask on a message board about it? Not a month later.
It's crazy how different people do different things isn't it? Kind of puzzling sometimes.

It's something I like about message boards. This one in particular - so many different people with so many different interests even though we all share at least one interest.

I'm curious; you said "Not a month later." Would you share something you found interesting or strange and ask about here sooner than a month?

To be fair, it sounds like the OP returned about two weeks ago.
But really, why does it matter anyways?

Your posts seem to indicate it was a matter that should have been reported right there and then, when really it was probably not that big a deal to the OP. We’ll probably never know. My guess is it was just a question.

We are all curious about different things.

I think you’re reading way too much into this.

I’d probably notice a room with curtains wide open and a light on If I walked by a room multiple times a day several days in a row, especially at night.
Same here. You walk by it and notice things no one trying to be peeping Tom’s😂

To be fair, it sounds like the OP returned about two weeks ago.
But really, why does it matter anyways?

Your posts seem to indicate it was a matter that should have been reported right there and then, when really it was probably not that big a deal to the OP. We’ll probably never know. My guess is it was just a question.

We are all curious about different things.
I agree what if something happened to the people in the room. Probably not, but who knows. They may have just let it sit If someone had signs of sickness?🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter