Southwest April Price Drops

In the past 2 days my SW flight from BOS to MCO has gone down twice. Yesterday was $17 and today was $16. Every little bit helps to the next trip.

Check those flights.
ours went down too.
Are you making a connection in BWI? Have flown Jetblue non stop from Boston last couple of trips but prices were so high. A little nervous about having to make a connection.

ours went down too.
Are you making a connection in BWI? Have flown Jetblue non stop from Boston last couple of trips but prices were so high. A little nervous about having to make a connection.

Yes we are connecting through BWI. Didn't have a choice as there are no SW non stop/direct flights on Thursdays and as you said JB prices were so high. Even though SW was more expensive then I have ever paid for a OW to MCO it was at least $200pp for JB for the times we needed.

We flew SW from BOS to SJU last April through BWI and didn't have any issues but we connected in the same terminal but had a 90 min connection. Crossing my fingers it happens again this time as our connection time is 55 min. I did EBCI so hopefully we can snag seats close to the front from BOS to BWI

Yes we are connecting through BWI. Didn't have a choice as there are no SW non stop/direct flights on Thursdays and as you said JB prices were so high. Even though SW was more expensive then I have ever paid for a OW to MCO it was at least $200pp for JB for the times we needed.

We flew SW from BOS to SJU last April through BWI and didn't have any issues but we connected in the same terminal but had a 90 min connection. Crossing my fingers it happens again this time as our connection time is 55 min. I did EBCI so hopefully we can snag seats close to the front from BOS to BWI
good luck, I hope all goes well for you.

we have a 2 hour layover on the way down and 1 hour 50 minutes on the way home, seems like plenty of time. I also bought EBCI.

good luck, I hope all goes well for you.

we have a 2 hour layover on the way down and 1 hour 50 minutes on the way home, seems like plenty of time. I also bought EBCI.
Thanks. Barring a delay you will be more then fine with those layovers even if in different terminals.

It will be me and my 14yo DD. Luckily she is a seasoned traveler with about 15 flights, 11 WDW/DL trips, and a few cruises under her belt. This past December we booked within 14 days did JB Blue Basic and were not able to purchase seats at time of purchase and did not get seats assigned at check in on the way back. At the gate they kept asking for any parties of 3 that wanted to upgrade to and Even More emergency row for free but there were no takers (at 14 she's too young for that row). At the end of boarding they called us up and the gate agent apologized that she could not get us together and gave us Even More middle seats about 2 rows apart. I thanked her and told her I appreciated her trying to keep us together. DD had already told me she would be fine by herself. When booking this trip she asked if we would be sitting together. I told her most likely and she said it would be fine if we didn't as she liked sitting by herself :)

For this trip we are flying to MCO and will spend 2 days in the parks before heading to Miami for a 7 day cruise. The AP's aren't going to use themselves. :) We are flying JB back out of FLL and did the Blue fare as it was cheaper the Basic and paying for seats. Hoping the return flight goes down in price so I can get a JB credit but it's already up just over $100pp

What is the easiest way to check? I don‘t fly very often so I’m not familiar with doing this.

Go to their website and select book a flight. Enter your travel plans and the options come up.

Go to their website and select book a flight. Enter your travel plans and the options come up.
Thank you. I couldn‘t find the prices I paid for my tickets on the SW site, only the flight dates & times.

I finally find the total in an email but each flight wasn’t listed separately, only the total for round trip.

It looks like my flight prices went up, or at least 1 did, based on the total.

Thank you. I couldn‘t find the prices I paid for my tickets on the SW site, only the flight dates & times.

I finally find the total in an email but each flight wasn’t listed separately, only the total for round trip.

It looks like my flight prices went up, or at least 1 did, based on the total.
For future reference there is a resend receipt link on the screen with your flight information. However you are correct it doesn’t break it out.

What is the easiest way to check? I don‘t fly very often so I’m not familiar with doing this.
If you are signed in on the SWA website up near the top will show you your booked trip. Next to it will saw "View, Change, Cancel."

Click Change.

The next page will show you the travelers name(s) and below that will show a box saying "Departing", the date, and the airport you are traveling from and too. Check the box and then below where it says "Make updates to the selected flights" 4 boxes will pop up with the airports, dates, and an optional place to choose the time of day you want to fly.

Click "Explore Options."

On the next page a matrix of available flights with the any difference in price will appear. If you flight is cheaper click the box and 'Review Changes" follow what it says to get the lower price. Any amount you save will be placed in your travel bank.

On the app it's similar.

If you are signed in on the SWA website up near the top will show you your booked trip. Next to it will saw "View, Change, Cancel."

Click Change.

The next page will show you the travelers name(s) and below that will show a box saying "Departing", the date, and the airport you are traveling from and too. Check the box and then below where it says "Make updates to the selected flights" 4 boxes will pop up with the airports, dates, and an optional place to choose the time of day you want to fly.

Click "Explore Options."

On the next page a matrix of available flights with the any difference in price will appear. If you flight is cheaper click the box and 'Review Changes" follow what it says to get the lower price. Any amount you save will be placed in your travel bank.

On the app it's similar.
The “explore options” choice doesn’t appear anywhere when I look at my upcoming trip

The “explore options” choice doesn’t appear anywhere when I look at my upcoming trip

You have to click “Change” first. First screen:

IMG_6134.jpeg

The second screen is select the passengers. The third screen is select flight. Once you do that, the “Explore Options” will show.

IMG_6135.jpeg

This is all from the opening page. You can also go to My Account & all your flights will show there. You can do the same thing from there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter