Southwest April Price Drops

You have to click “Change” first. First screen:

View attachment 832999

The second screen is select the passengers. The third screen is select flight. Once you do that, the “Explore Options” will show.

View attachment 833000

This is all from the opening page. You can also go to My Account & all your flights will show there. You can do the same thing from there.
Doesn’t show. My flight was modified by SW. I get a message indicating that. Other options appear but my current flight isn’t included. My only option would be to cancel and rebook

Doesn’t show. My flight was modified by SW. I get a message indicating that. Other options appear but my current flight isn’t included. My only option would be to cancel and rebook

Does your flight still show if you were booking a new flight? When was it modified? If it just happened, they might have it blocked for bookings for a time. You might have to call SW for help.

Does your flight still show if you were booking a new flight? When was it modified? If it just happened, they might have it blocked for bookings for a time. You might have to call SW for help.
It’s still showing as available. Less than I paid initially.

It’s still showing as available. Less than I paid initially.

When did SW change your flight? You can change 1 time without penalty within a specified period (might be 2 weeks or around there). I haven’t had it happen, but I have read that during that period, you can change your flight, but you won’t get any credit or points back if the flight price has gone down. If you’re within the change without penalty period, it might be just showing you the options you have to change to. If it’s not that, I have no idea what’s going on & you probably need to call.

When did SW change your flight? You can change 1 time without penalty within a specified period (might be 2 weeks or around there). I haven’t had it happen, but I have read that during that period, you can change your flight, but you won’t get any credit or points back if the flight price has gone down. If you’re within the change without penalty period, it might be just showing you the options you have to change to. If it’s not that, I have no idea what’s going on & you probably need to call.
I understand all of that. Because they won’t show you what you paid for each leg of your trip you have no idea of the cost differential without canceling and rebooking

Same thing happened to me yesterday My current flight was not in the options to make a change for a lower price. So I called SWA and they were able to make the change for me for the lower price.

Same thing happened to me yesterday My current flight was not in the options to make a change for a lower price. So I called SWA and they were able to make the change for me for the lower price.
Just be careful if you booked EBCI. Every time I have to call to make a change somehow my EBCI gets dropped from the reservation and I don't know it until after I didn't check in right at 24 hours. At which point there's nothing they can do except refund the EBCI and I'm stuck with C group.

Yea. I’ll give them a call. But it’s not that complicated to give you the option online.

Just be careful if you booked EBCI. Every time I have to call to make a change somehow my EBCI gets dropped from the reservation and I don't know it until after I didn't check in right at 24 hours. At which point there's nothing they can do except refund the EBCI and I'm stuck with C group.

Yep . I had to call back twice to get the change to be correct. The original call they booked me in WGA and not WGA+ and the second call back they dropped my EBCI . even though I asked them to check that it was WGA+ and that EBCI was still included each time I spoke with them and the change was complete. So it was a total of three calls.

Yep . I Double check the change online to make sure the change is correct . . .

I'm all about doing it myself online but calling SWA was the only method that would work to change it yesterday and one time last month

Last edited:
Southwest tends to offer various sales, you never know when they might do that. If traveling around some major holiday, it tends to work out best if you buy tickets sooner then later. The lowest priced seats/non-stops/more desirable travel times tend to sell out first. Once the lowest fare offered on a specific flight is gone, the fare jumps to the next higher level.

They are unlikely to offer a sale during peak travel days when most have already paid full price and flights are full.

I understand all of that. Because they won’t show you what you paid for each leg of your trip you have no idea of the cost differential without canceling and rebooking

My flights shows when I click change flight. Then it shows a + or - amount for each of my flights. I don’t need to cancel & rebook to see the price difference or get a credit back. I’ve done it many times without cancelling. The problem is your flight is not showing for some unknown reason. Hope you get it worked out.

My flights shows when I click change flight. Then it shows a + or - amount for each of my flights. I don’t need to cancel & rebook to see the price difference or get a credit back. I’ve done it many times without cancelling. The problem is your flight is not showing. Hope you get it worked out.
I’m good. The price savings isn’t significant. I think the issue is that they modified my flight previously and are giving me options to change.

Check the confirmation email they sent you and that should have the price you paid. Not sure if they show points if you paid that way. If you used a credit card you could also check you cc statement.

Check the confirmation email they sent you and that should have the price you paid. Not sure if they show points if you paid that way. If you used a credit card you could also check you cc statement.
Shows the price for the trip but doesn’t break it down by leg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter