Specialty souvenir question

I have several things I get every year, things that I use throughout the year and don't just sit on a shelf. Usually get a mug or tumbler of some sort, or tervis type glass, and maybe something else for the kitchen. I usually get a new pack of pens that I use throughout the year, even coworkers have started using them, too, lol. Usually get a Christmas ornament, too, or even a Xmas stuffed Mickey or Minnie.

But, how about a nice big fluffy beach towel? I get at least one each year and use them for the shower! Love my beach towels with the cute pics on them and like that I'm using my souvenirs on a daily basis in my everyday living! Oh, or I also recommend a nice throw, either the fleece ones or the woven ones. Love them!

Have a great first visit, your gonna love it!! :mickeyjum

Also at the shop at the airport, I saw little metal model like things of the Haunted Mansion and a couple of other Disney icons. I don't recall seeing them in any of the parks but perhaps I missed them.

Those are the Metal Earth kits. They are sold in parks, but also elsewhere. They are very cool, but a warning to anyone who is interested, they are not easy to assemble. Patience will be your friend. I have never done one, but my friend has, and he's quite well versed in crafts and such. He says they're tough.

Few things we do -
*Popcorn bucket to use at home (we have Disney movie night & run to target to get their small bag fresh popped popcorn that fits exactly in the bucket!)
*Sorcerers Magic Kingdom game cards (free at Magic Kingdom guest services)
*Walt Disney World playing cards ♣️ (we found ours at Mouse Gears in Epcot)
*Alex & Ani bracelet (great daily reminder of trip)
*Photo Pass shots every park (we do Memory Maker each time so I can be in Photos too and add all the borders & greetings to print out later)
*Pressed Pennies (my two girls love this & the hunt for machines leads us to places in parks we might normally skip so it's fun collection)
Hope you have great time!!!

We always get a silhouette cut of DS. Inexpensive, quick and a great keepsake
I got silhouettes of my daughters when they were little. A few years ago I got silhouettes of my 5 grandchildren. They are all hanging in a bedroom and make me smile every time I see them. Be sure to purchase the oval frames. The frames are impossible to find anywhere but Disney!

My daughters love their names in Disney characters. Has anyone see these in Star Wars characters?

Just a hint, the art is often in an odd size so buy the frames there. It's cheaper than having it framed elsewhere, even with a coupon. Learned by experience.

That's correct - the Fire House at Magic Kingdom to pick up Merlin's Map and cards. I believe you can stop by again on separate park days for additional cards. The portals are really neat to see the interaction!

I'd keep them in the paper and boxes they'd wrap them up in and then put them in my carry on bag. All though last time we flew, I just put everything in a Disney bag and carried it on with my carry on bag and no one said anything. I saw a ton of people carrying on Disney shopping bags full of stuff. Everything has made it home safely except my Stitch ornament from the first trip, he lost a finger :laughing:

My favorite Souvenir was a small (4 or 5 inches) plush Mickey Mouse I picked up at Epcot one year. I think he was with the Christmas Decorations at one of the gift shops in Epcot. He had magnets in his hands and feet and I used them to attach him to the strap of my purse. He was small, light weight, and non-breakable. I enjoyed having him with me in the parks and I have used him as a Christmas Ornament ever since. I could see some kids loving this. They can enjoy him in the parks - without it being a pain to lug around - and he packs away very easily for the trip home.

I have Disney ship anything fragile or breakable because if it is damaged they will replace it. Shipping fees are based on the total cost of the items, but I don't live in Florida so sales tax is waived which helps offset the shipping fee.

How is everyone getting glass ornaments home safely if you're flying?
They have always packaged my ornaments well, wrapped in a ton of tissue and put into a box, when I buy them. I bring them home in my carry on. I have also bought a large ceramic owl that was packaged very well be the shop. I was concerned about that being in my checked bag for our flight home but had no other option as it wouldn't have fit in my carry on with the other items I needed to put in there. It made the trip safely. Not a single scratch, break or even so much as a hairline crack...until DS knocked a picture off the wall right into it, chipping it

I like to get kitchen items, I have a Mickey trivet, cutting board, wine cork, Mickey bottle opener, etc.. My brother always likes to get something in Japanese shop. I also like the kitchen linens in France and the ornaments in Germany.

I get the silhouettes done in France, their location is across from Chefs de France.

Real inexpensive option - one year for my birthday I bought a pad of paper, went to each country in WS and had a cast member write happy birthday in their language and sign it. Bought a pin from each country and took a picture of the country. Made a shadow box when I got home. You wouldn't have to have happy birthday, just something in their language. Some of the CMs really got into it and wrote more and talked for a while.

Watches, I'm addicted, I get one every trip. You can get some inexpensive ones in every gift shop.

I made a charm bracelet of all disney charms. I buy a new one every year (I actually have three, one sterling silver, one gold and one inexpensive one. You can get inexpensive ones in every shop, I'm guessing not more than $10 each, some have the ones with at least one Mickey charm already on a chain.

Love the charm bracelet, I have the inexpensive silver-tone one. I bought it years ago and go to World of Disney or the shop at the Grand Floridian to pick out a new one or two each time. Look for the bins full of charms with lobster clasps, easy to attach. I'm on the search for Eyore this time as I have Piglet and Tigger and Pooh.

Just about all of the World Showcase shops have Christmas ornaments themed for the country. Even the countries that don't celebrate Christmas, like China and Japan and Morocco, often have something that could be hung on a tree, even if it isn't exactly an ornament . I think I have something from every country on my Christmas tree. As mentioned previously, Germany has beautiful blown glass ornaments, and, during the holiday season, there's a glassblower at a kiosk outside whom you can watch as he makes the ornaments. He'll even make one especially for you with colors that you pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter