Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess right now, through the lens of maximizing market size, I'd guess somewhere between "light saber battle in the stairwells" and "palpatine frittata".

It'll be a delicate balance between "wide enough" appeal and not turning off the truly die hard cosplayers et al.

I personally draw the line at palpatine frittata -- deal breaker.

How about "Mon Calamari with Jar Jar Buerre Binks reduction"?

I agree...seems like the plan is for sometype of exclusivity...

But if you read these threads...it's already being portrayed as 35 year olds from the 501st playing lazer tag in the hallways and having light saber battles in the stairwells...

You know...it is possible instead there'll be a character breakfast with storm troopers and "palpatine frittata"...

We are expecting disney to do a 180 and change all their spots on this.

They didn't say "adults" only and this could be designed as an add on like a DCL land and sea...as has been suggested...and marketed to families.

With the exception of some fan dreaming, I think a lot of us have been sticking to the cruise line idea. I posted hallway and room interactions as something I would like to see. But such interactions will be site limited like Stormtroopers asking to keep an eye for a bounty when you enter the cantina or a Rodian inviting you to play a hand a Pazaak when getting a drink. Maybe Kylo Ren shows up at the end of lightsaber training, etc... The personal story will probably be a scavenger hunt/escape room style that incorporates the site activities.

The 501st was mentioned for the audience that will be waiting to get into this place, with an emphasis on the number of members such a group has and what they spend.

You quoted Facebook likes?!?

The Facebook like is the most frivolousness "tracking" mechanism In history. A better number is data from the analysts that track licensing agreement and demographic sales (where Star Wars is the juggernaut).

The same Facebook type stats were used to defend the avatar build when announced..."most likes on Facebook"

...but avatar has ZERO franchise power because it has generated nothing in licensing agreements.

...using Facebook as definitive as akin to me saying coal power plants are good. Sure somebody will find a statistic to support it...but I'm lying in the end and only the fools don't recognize that.

I Would say (don't shoot)...That the Star Wars revenue generating audience is still 70/30 +/- 5%...and that's not a radical stance.

We keep saying its like a cruise on land. I wonder if they might take that design and essentially build a cruise ship layout as if its in dry dock and theme the exterior similar to one of the capital ships. Then you could literally board the resort and see the ship take off from your window. Using a similar layout would make sense.

We keep saying its like a cruise on land. I wonder if they might take that design and essentially build a cruise ship layout as if its in dry dock and theme the exterior similar to one of the capital ships. Then you could literally board the resort and see the ship take off from your window. Using a similar layout would make sense.
SOLD!! I'm all for it!

The Facebook like is the most frivolousness "tracking" mechanism In history. A better number is data from the analysts that track licensing agreement and demographic sales (where Star Wars is the juggernaut).

The same Facebook type stats were used to defend the avatar build when announced..."most likes on Facebook"

...but avatar has ZERO franchise power because it has generated nothing in licensing agreements.

...using Facebook as definitive as akin to me saying coal power plants are good. Sure somebody will find a statistic to support it...but I'm lying in the end and only the fools don't recognize that.

I Would say (don't shoot)...That the Star Wars revenue generating audience is still 70/30 +/- 5%...and that's not a radical stance.

I must agree with you - as a woman (who was that *right age* when the original movie came out) - I am a huge fan and will spend hours debating the plots, motifs, camera angels etc, but not likely to spend money on it other than a movie ticket. I don't buy Star Wars merchandise. I have Dooney bags, but not star wars etc. I am persuaded to by cra*p for my kids tho.

Our speculation is mostly from the survey. Which states:

I notice it says: Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort

Does that mean perhaps the lands will be closed to other guests at some points? Or at least they would have access to early morning or after hours times? That alone would drive up the value and make it worth it in some peoples minds

I notice it says: Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort

Does that mean perhaps the lands will be closed to other guests at some points? Or at least they would have access to early morning or after hours times? That alone would drive up the value and make it worth it in some peoples minds

I would assume it's gonna be early or after hours access

Possibly...didn't really notice the exclusive. Some think access before or after hours, some think before or after the resort stay, some think in the middle of the stay. It does sound like its not a DHS ticket, just access to Galaxy's Edge which leads me to think FP included if the park is open.

I posted earlier that I was thinking late EMH -- seems like night would be cooler. Could be early EMH.

If it's just something like anytime FP -- meh. Not cool enough. Especially not at a really high price.

I posted earlier that I was thinking late EMH -- seems like night would be cooler. Could be early EMH.

If it's just something like anytime FP -- meh. Not cool enough. Especially not at a really high price.

yeah, if it is supposed to be so immersive, just being out for a few hours with the rest of the peons, er, resort guests would seem to break it - so it seems like they would have to have access to the land (or at least part of it) for just the hotel guests at some point

Man, really feels like there could be a ton of uniqueness not just to this hotel but all of Galaxy's Edge as far as a theme park experience

I didn't see yours first - just getting back to the computer - but I couldn't like this more than once.

I'm a member of the SW community, my FB has 0 hint of my nerdness, outside of Disboards FB which I've only joined in the last couple of months thinking it was pretty muted. I use social media for non-geeky, mostly political/music snob stuff.

If they're smart, they'll do evening hours, charge $40 a drink and just have a cantina open. The fans will spend until their cc gets cut off and will love it:)

What I would like to see is for them to build in the park specific facilities that you can only get in to via the hotel or other exclusive events...making it truly unique/an upsell worth having

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter