Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

Rescheduled our spring break trip to June and then moved it to July 15th. I also booked a backup end of August trip but hoping to go in July. Last year, our end of August trip, got cut down short because we flew home before Dorian. Wish we hadn't, as Dorian changed course and parks were empty for a couple of days, sigh...
I was there during those empty times during Dorian - I was the only person in the Emporium 1 hour after park open 🤣

I was there during those empty times during Dorian - I was the only person in the Emporium 1 hour after park open 🤣
Lucky! I was at Disney World in January 2006 or 2007. We have pictures of all of us in an empty Magic Kingdom, wearing big winter jackets, hats, gloves and all. I was in the world with 2 of my kids when Dorian was inching closer, and my husband was begging me to come home, otherwise I would've stayed.

Joining in!
When on a girls’ trip in December, I booked a bounce back for June 7-11 for just me & my nephew for his first ever trip. Not holding out too much hope, but if we have to reschedule, it’s going to hit my pocketbook losing the bounce back AND he’ll become a Disney adult in July. :-/

So, we are still opening for our 4th of July Week Trip...

But we started booking back up dining for the last week of July just in case. It's the only other time we can go until November, and we're very on the fence about going then.
So while we would prefer to go July 4th, we are planning and being prepared for "just in case" for summer.

We HAD a June 13-20th trip for DS's HS graduation but pushed it to December and then when we were faced to having to push the points used for that reservation to RCI I mentioned to DH about going in late August and he went for it!

So we are now booked for Aug 18-22nd for a quick kid-free trip! We've never been in August, we're usually June go'ers...and the December is new to us too....and I've already had a February 2021 trip booked to take my cousin for her first trip!

WAHOO!!! Bring on the Disney!

DH figured out he can come for the full week we're planning on the second week in August (originally he was coming for 4 out of the 7 nights.) It looked like Wilderness Lodge opened up some availability (at the lower rates) for those days, so we switched from ASMo to Wilderness Lodge before we move over to the Fort Wilderness cabins. So excited! He usually has to do long weekends when we travel. And we've never stayed at WL and that was one resort on his bucket list of places to stay.

So we spent part of the weekend booking WL and making a couple of additional ADRs :earsboy:

Agreed! We are switching from Club Level to a standard room too . Whispers of less offered are making us choose to save CL for a future trip.
We have CL in August, we’re waiting to see what the modifications will be before we decide whether it’s worth it. If they take away too many lounge offerings we might be out until next year. I saw some posts about people might be ok with a dining plan in place of the lounge but that wouldn’t work for us we already have dining and use the lounge for convenience.

We are booked July 27-Aug 2 at BC. It's so hard to plan with how fast this situation is changing and not knowing what potential modifications might be in place. We are veterans and go often, so there are definitely some things we could live without. My kids are older so character meets and parades are not important to us. We would also be fine without buffets and possibly some shows closed. Our dealbreakers would be limited dining options, closure of pools/arcades/common areas, and closure of certain rides. We will also be waiting to see what type of social distancing and other safety precautions are in place. Mandatory masks (which I think is about a zero percent change of happening) would be a deal breaker for us.

Joining in!
When on a girls’ trip in December, I booked a bounce back for June 7-11 for just me & my nephew for his first ever trip. Not holding out too much hope, but if we have to reschedule, it’s going to hit my pocketbook losing the bounce back AND he’ll become a Disney adult in July. :-/
You can move a bounce back as long as it is within the original dates. We moved ours from July to December as 2 of us are higher risk. Cast member just has to get with guest services.

You can move a bounce back as long as it is within the original dates. We moved ours from July to December as 2 of us are higher risk. Cast member just has to get with guest services.

Yeah, our problem is with a schedule. My sister lives in a different city, so different school district than my daughter & of course their schedules do NOT mesh well for a time period when they’re both off. There’s Christmas, but I don’t want to take him away from his parents over the holidays. If we can’t go really soon, we’ll have to reschedule for next June (well out of the bounce back days). I’ve accepted that it is what it is, but still makes me sad.

Those of you that have selected your Fast Passes recently.....have you noticed a difference between the website vs. the app?

Well May trip is a no-go and while it's disappointing it didn't really come as a shock. Now we cross fingers for our June 6-13 stay at POR and Monday I make FP's for our July trip :thumbsup2

Anyone with a cancelled late May trip reschedule for later in the summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter