Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

DH and I have a July 6-12 adults only trip schedule with a split stay at Pop and Beach Club Villas. We've got tickets on 7/6 for Villains AH, and ADRs at Homecomin', Oga's, Beaches and Cream, Topolino's Terrace, and Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno.

I keep going back forth between feeling positive that this trip will happen and then anxious that it won't. This trip is rescheduled from Spring Break and I'm a teacher, so we don't have lots of options for rescheduling in the fall. I'm glad I found this thread, because reading others has only made me more sad an anxious. Glad there are others out there feeling hopeful! Pixie dust to all!
:tinker:

Just for kicks I went ahead and booked some ADRs this morning. We recently changed from July to August, so long past the 180-day mark. Didn't do too badly! My daughter wants 'Ohana for her birthday dinner (sweet 16!) and the only time I could get was 9:05pm :eek: but I took it and will try to modify. Also got Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and Garden Grill breakfast (we like breakfast!). :goodvibes I know people are speculating "no buffets" but these are all family style so I'm hoping they could happen. We also booked a dinner at an Italian place in Disney Springs that I'd never heard of (and now can't remember the name of!) but the menu looked good. We also have left over vouchers for the Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler from our Dec. 2019 trip which are supposed to still be good, so that's our plan for food on our AK day. Now I'm hungry.....

Last edited:
Just for kicks I went ahead and booked some ADRs this morning. We recently changed from July to August, so long past the 180-day mark. Didn't do too badly! My daughter wants 'Ohana for her birthday dinner (sweet 16!) and the only time I could get was 9:05pm :eek: but I took it and will try to modify. Also got Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and Garden Grill breakfast (we like breakfast!). :goodvibes I know people are speculating "no buffets" but these are all family style so I'm hoping they could happen. We also booked a dinner at an Italian place in Disney Springs that I'd never heard of (and now can't remember the name of!) but the menu looked good. We also have left over vouchers for the Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler from our Dec. 2019 trip which are supposed to still be good, so that's our plan for food on our AK day. Now I'm hungry.....
Maria and Enzos?

We arrive 7/3 so I want you to have your July trip BUT! I will say that Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite time to go to WDW :love: We've done it a few times and find it less crowded than spring break and not nearly as "bad" as it's thought to be. Such a fun holiday vibe, great weather, a fair amount of the deluxe resorts are decorated already for the holidays! If you do end up going that time I think you'll enjoy it.

I hope you get your trip as well, and thank you for giving me hope for a Thanksgiving week trip 🙂. We have never seen Christmas decorations at Disney, having always figured the parks would be mobbed during any school break week and I have the odd child who has always balked at missing school (though it is more understandable as he has gotten into the high school years).

I hope you get your trip as well, and thank you for giving me hope for a Thanksgiving week trip 🙂. We have never seen Christmas decorations at Disney, having always figured the parks would be mobbed during any school break week and I have the odd child who has always balked at missing school (though it is more understandable as he has gotten into the high school years).
Welcome! DS14 is the same way about missing school lol so we try to limit our school year visits to only missing a day or two (he complains about that too!) DS18 never cared until he became a sophomore and at that point it wasn't that he CARED so much as he hated to make up a bulk of work. The good thing about the decor being up over Thanksgiving is that touring the deluxe resorts gives you something to do if you do feel the parks are getting too crowded :thumbsup2 plus there's the Christmas Tree Trail in DS if they do it again so another activity outside the parks and my teen boys did think it was neat!

We are scheduled Aug 2-8 at POP for DD 18th Bday. Fingers crossed. She will be moving out the week after and heading off the college. :o Hope it works out especially since DD missed out on graduation, senior trip and all that other fun stuff seniors do. We won’t mind modifications since we visit pretty regularly. The only one that will make me sad is that Boma is our Birthday celebration tradition. And buffets don’t seem very likely.

We are scheduled Aug 2-8 at POP for DD 18th Bday. Fingers crossed. She will be moving out the week after and heading off the college. :o Hope it works out especially since DD missed out on graduation, senior trip and all that other fun stuff seniors do. We won’t mind modifications since we visit pretty regularly. The only one that will make me sad is that Boma is our Birthday celebration tradition. And buffets don’t seem very likely.
Keeping fingers crossed for you! I feel so badly for all kids this year, but what a time for seniors. Proms, touring colleges, graduations all impacted.
I truly hope this trip works out for your family :).

Maria and Enzos?
Nope, I just looked it up: Terralina Crafted Italian. Anyone ever been there? Reviews?
I have a high school senior too, my DD#2. She and DH actually decided not to come on our summer trip so that she can be available to attend anything that might be rescheduled to summer. Last week, Prom was rescheduled to July 30, for example. Senior banquet, graduation, honors ceremony, etc., etc. are all up in the air and she wants to be able to attend anything she can. So she's willing to skip the trip to WDW (if THAT even happens!). She loves our trips, but we are fortunate to be able to go fairly often and these are once-in-a-lifetime things she would be missing and so if they can happen in the summer it's better than never, and she's willing to miss vacation. Besides, this summer's trip is more about my youngest DD who is going for her Sweet 16 & bringing her bestie. Now if graduation is moved to be while we are planning to be in WDW, then we'll postpone the Disney trip.

Nope, I just looked it up: Terralina Crafted Italian. Anyone ever been there? Reviews?

Yes, we've been and enjoyed it. We happened to have a very memorable waitress so that may have skewed my opinion, lol, but we definitely all liked it.

We actually only have a 2-3 ADRs -- I was holding out for Space 220 in Epcot, but even if the parks/Epcot is open during our trip, there is no way it will be ready. :(

Reactions: KSL
DD and I are booked at Pop Century for 7/20/20-7/25/2020 for her 21st birthday celebration. She has been wanting to have her first drink in Epcot on her birthday. Here's to praying this is all over by then!!!
Our trips overlap!! Also staying at Pop 7/23-28th! See you there 😉 My friend & I will buy her a drink at the Petals Pool bar!

I booked two ADRs during our August week this morning! Oga's and Ohana breakfast (this was a rebook to include DH who can now come a day early!), DD26 really wants to do this one. I'm still hoping to nab a couple of others :)

Edit: Just got Topolino's Terrace breakfast. Not the ideal day, but I'll take it!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter