Super Live TR Go! - Day 4: All good things...

JustCor

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the show everyone! After a bunch of buildup and planning, I'm finally back at Disney! I had a lot of fun last time doing a live trip report, so I'm doing it again.

Let's get the quick and dirty out of the way here first:
5nAnEqv.jpg

This is me. Oldish. Childish. Immature. Irresponsible. You've been warned.

I'm currently sitting at DHS. My resort for this trip is All-Star Movies but the room isn't ready. Time to put on some pounds!

Priority stop number one: bathrooms. I have two green apple Gatorades that need evacuating. Is it weird that the lack of mirrors in the bathroom really disturbs me?

Mac and Cheese #1:

eN52Rq3.jpg

Pulled pork mac and cheese at Min and Bills. I have an undying love of the mac and cheese at Friars Nook. How will this compare?

Answer: it's not too shabby. The sauce is a little too sweet for this dish. The mac and cheese isn't as creamy and has a very slight grit to it. Friars Nook wins.

One hour until ToT. Time to wander.

Single rider line for RNRC. About to load. There's a sense of dread, like I'm going to a bad family reunion. Maybe because at some point Steven Tyler has decided to look exactly like my aunt. Living on the edge, indeed.

Reactions: maw

Is that Iliana Douglas? I have an irrational love for her. Why is she slumming it with my aunt and her bingo buddies?

Well Aunt B, you have a pretty rockin' roller coaster. Wah wah.

Time to burn still. Back to wandering.

Hmmm, the Steamboat Willie style Mickey magic band is calling to me. So is the Haunted Mansion band. I'll have to think on that. Time to head over to ToT. Fast pass in ten.

CM is holding a very young kids hand. He appears to be lost by the tears. No parents around. Lost items and children can be claimed at guest services during park hours and the Lost and Found center adjacent to MK on the following business day.

Ok, one more minute until my fast pass time. Standby is 20 minutes. If there were anything else in this park, I'd go standby and do another FP selection. Unfortunately, this is DHS.

ZHjwBLv.jpg

Still the best ride at all of the Disney parks. Good hang time this time around. I was floating above my seat a fair bit.

How do you kill two hours at DHS? Leave.

Q2huLSk.jpg

Hi Captain Stubing, permission to come aboard. Have Isaac mix me up something festive.

Still no room assignment. I would love to take a cool shower before dinner, but it's not looking very likely.

Epcot next.

You know what this boat needs? Air conditioning. And a martini bar. And slots. Somebody get Julie the cruise director on this, pronto.

R7IlE3V.jpg

These two are having a heated debate with the good captain. It's been five minutes and we haven't moved. Lady person seems irate. Deal with her, Cap.

OLrOZEH.jpg

Welcome to the picture that doesn't convey nearly enough information. After disembarking from the mighty SS Minnow, it was time for a quick drink. It's hot out today, and hydration is going to be key. I've already watched one man being attended to for possible heat stroke. I didn't wish to join him.

I stopped at the Refreshment Port for a bottle of water, and what do I spy with my little eye? Something that starts with the letter 'croissant donut'. Give up? It's a croissant donut!

I decided to make this my first ddp snack purchase, if only to see if my plan actually works. I've had a variety of croissant donuts, most of which have been mediocre at best. This one was amazing. The texture is soft and fluffy. It's lighter than the size would suggest. It's also flat out delicious. I could easily eat another two and eyeball a third. By the time I finished, the sugar and cinnamon coated my hands, and the more that I tried to clean it off, the more it turned into a sticky sweet mess. Time to hit up a restroom and clean up.

I've received a text with my room assignment so I'm now on a bus to the resort to settle in and get a shower before dinner.

Room pics to follow!

Q3JsiRO.jpg

So, this is home. It's... Small. This is my first stay in a value resort and I kind of regret not spending more. There's a lot to say about the resort, even though I've only been in the room long enough to shower. I'll expand upon it in my full trip report (see what I did there? Teasing the future report!) but for now it's a place to stay with a nice shower and a bathtub with an eerie coffin-like shape. Sweet. Dinner soon. Back on the bus momentarily.

So: Mighty Ducks building, poolside, super close to ASMu. What I learned from reading Dis is that this is considered good. Hopping over to ASMu to hit that stop is definitely nice. The buses just suck here. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw today, but every bus has been full with people standing. Tons of strollers. Multiple scooters. This is my third bus today and the first time I'm sitting (back of the bus style whuuuuuut).

Incidentally, miss, say goodbye to that selfie stick.

Chefs de France is coming up. ADR is in an hour. I'm ready. Starting to feel some hunger kicking in.

There's a McDonald's right by the Allstar resorts. I may just be stopping there on my way home. I'll probably be craving it, too.

Why do I live in Florida again? I do not handle heat very well. I have just under half an hour until my ADR. I'm sitting in the shade after a brisk walk from the bus. I'm a sweaty boy right now. I have yet to see any character meets yet. So, I'm killing time on a bench outside of Plume et Palette. There are some very strong scents right here. The store must be overwhelming.

Everyone is eating ice cream. I would join them if not for dinner. It looks amazing.

I'm just noticing the huge line by a gazebo looking thing. Princess meet? Some French princess? Here's where my lack of Disney knowledge fails me. Is Belle French? The name sounds French. Belle was under a tree though. This is far more regal of a setting.

Oh well. I have time to burn still.

15 minutes to Chefs.

Large lines are awesome if you aren't in them. It's a people watching paradise. If I, or any of my siblings for that matter, acted anything like these kids, Disney would be over. Not just today. Not just this trip. But over. Period. End of Disney for us. These kids are hellions. They're walking balls of insanity and destruction. They're climbing on fences and lampposts and anything not flush with the ground or wall. There are kids yelling. Not out of joy, but in an animalistic manner. People, your lives are in great danger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter