Surprise Swap 4~ Completed~

I tried VERY hard not to give anyone duplicates back. As I said I couldn't guarantee it and I'm sorry if you were disappointed. This swap was enourmous. People who were in multiple groups were harder to swap out due to the size. I had to lay everything out and look over and over at each piece. Again, I'm sorry but I did the best I could.

Kat

I got my box the other day. Went through it rather quickly. I got some duplicates and 2 of mine back (which I don't need). So if anyone wants to exchange with my duplicates - I'll take pictures of what I have to offer and post later this evening.

Hey, I made a Roo. I wonder if it's mine - he's wearing a blue shirt, with blue stickles around the edge of the shirt. If it's mine, then great, I'm happy to hear you liked it. If it's not mine, then oh well, but happy for you anyway. :goodvibes

AWM is hosting a pass it forward thread with sign ups on 9/4. You may want to consider waiting until then - -it should be more cost effective.:thumbsup2

I tried VERY hard not to give anyone duplicates back. As I said I couldn't guarantee it and I'm sorry if you were disappointed. This swap was enourmous. People who were in multiple groups were harder to swap out due to the size. I had to lay everything out and look over and over at each piece. Again, I'm sorry but I did the best I could.
Kat

Kat, I'm sorry that you took my comments as criticism. I know you did a great job with this monster swap. Like I mentioned, I signed up for the maximum available spots in all the groups (except for the photo mats and the stitch groups) - so I can imagine settling my stuff was difficult. I don't need the duplicates I received - and everyone did such great work that I want to share their work with someone that didn't receive them. :goodvibes And as far as receiving back a couple of my things, well... what can I say... I just want to share my good work too! :lmao: I don't see receiving duplicates as a bad thing or disappointment - but rather on opportunity to share the wealth! With all the lovely things we all received in this swap, how can anyone be disappointed??? :confused3 It was better than Christmas day in my house when I opened up my box. Hugs to you, Kat, and good job on the hardwork! :grouphug:

AWM is hosting a pass it forward thread with sign ups on 9/4. You may want to consider waiting until then - -it should be more cost effective.:thumbsup2

Ooooohhh! What's a Pass It Forward swap? Is there a previous sign-up that I can see for details? Thanks!

Kat

I really appreciate all your efforts Kat and can't wait to get my box back.

Ooooohhh! What's a Pass It Forward swap? Is there a previous sign-up that I can see for details? Thanks!

I'll have to see if I can find the thread where AMW talked about it. There wasn't one that I can remember but I think she is going to base it on a point system -- just like the point system in the pass it forward sticky. The main difference is on the pass it forward sticky, you can be specific. i.e. I have a stitch paper piecing to trade. I am looking for a Tow Mater, Mickey Pirate or Santa Mickey.
For AWM's swap I think the plan is to prepare a bag of stuff worth a certain number of points -- the items in the bag do not have to match. You will get back an equal number of points, but you really have no choice in what you will get.

I have a few duplicate items from spots I angeled in various swaps over the past year and some items I just won't use (Mickeyteacher made an absolutely stunning set for the candlelight thing in Epcot -- I can't let it go to waste!) I also made extras of some of my own things - -this is what I intend to send in for this swap. (That is, if I get myself organized enough to find it)

I'll have to see if I can find the thread where AMW talked about it. There wasn't one that I can remember but I think she is going to base it on a point system -- just like the point system in the pass it forward sticky. The main difference is on the pass it forward sticky, you can be specific. i.e. I have a stitch paper piecing to trade. I am looking for a Tow Mater, Mickey Pirate or Santa Mickey.
For AWM's swap I think the plan is to prepare a bag of stuff worth a certain number of points -- the items in the bag do not have to match. You will get back an equal number of points, but you really have no choice in what you will get.

I have a few duplicate items from spots I angeled in various swaps over the past year and some items I just won't use (Mickeyteacher made an absolutely stunning set for the candlelight thing in Epcot -- I can't let it go to waste!) I also made extras of some of my own things - -this is what I intend to send in for this swap. (That is, if I get myself organized enough to find it)

Susan,

Did I get one of MT's Candlelight sets that you are speaking of? I have reservations for the first night of it this year.

Susan,

Did I get one of MT's Candlelight sets that you are speaking of? I have reservations for the first night of it this year.

I'll check. I got it in one of the element groups in the most recent Epcot swap. Funny, I was just thinking that the piece is too nice, the event too specific -- it should really be traded.

I'll check. I got it in one of the element groups in the most recent Epcot swap. Funny, I was just thinking that the piece is too nice, the event too specific -- it should really be traded.

I think I got it.

Is AWM still hosting that swap even with what happened to her house?

Kat, are we still on for Sunday? Let me know time.:flower3:

I think I got your bottle cap flowers - they were piglet-themed right? - I'm fine with them. I don't see why you think you cheated anyone. They are very nice. Actually, I received 108 items from this swap - and your bottle cap flowers are the only thing I can definitely remember I received!

The more I think about them, the less I like them. They are Piglet themed. I just feel I should have done better work.

VickiV

Is AWM still hosting that swap even with what happened to her house?

Kat, are we still on for Sunday? Let me know time.:flower3:

Yup we are still on :) I leave for Kansas City early Monday morning, (which that time of day should be outlawed) for a week for work. So if we can meet about 11:00 that would be great and it gives me time to finish packing and getting DH & Raine set for a week without me. I really hate these short notice trips. But at least this time i had a couple of days notice. The last few trips I've been on I had to leave the next morning. Plus I'm fighting another cold which is going to awful if I can't nip it before Monday. I think children should be covered in bubble wrap or something when they go to school so they don't get all these germs and bring them home to the parents.

I'm preparing a bunch of scrapbook things to work on in the evenings.

Susan,

Thanks for the compliment... The Candlelight pieces where from the Epcot swap. You should have recieved one in your Epcot box. If not, let me know I will sned you one of my extras.
S :)

I received my package the other day and let me just say....WOW. Ya'll are the bomb! Everything is great. I can't wait to sit down and use these in my books!

Thanks for all the hard work Kat! You did a fantastic job!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Vicki, I just wanted to say that I think the Piglet bottle caps are cute!
I go to Kats tomorrow and I have no idea what surprises she has for me but if I got your caps I already have a couple ideas how to use them.
On the other hand I understand how you feel because my TNT are sooooooboring compared to everyone else's and I think my pet swap is cuter.
:flower3:
Rita

My box is here! Probably sometime during the week. We extended our trip-thanks to Fay! Haven't had time to look through it all. DH is on vacation. DFIL is moving in, etc. Hopefully time to look later.
Thanks Kat!
Vicki

Coolcat was short a Halloween item too. I'd give her one of mine, but I wasn't in the Halloween group. If anyone has an extra, I'll pay for shipping. Thanks.

I just wanted to say thanks Kat for the great "surprises". Banana and I sat down and we took turn picking! I got the Dumbo, Snow white shilouette and the Disney Magic topper. Now I have to decide which of the layouts I want what with. But Im saving Dumbo as a keepsake aof my first swap!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter