Talk DVC with the Dis Dads

Cruises are getting expensive. Just added more points at VGF. Learned a lot about "used points". They did not fit in with our plans. However I was amazed that you could get those points at any resort. You might have to wait list to get the resort or uy that you want. They were much cheaper and still had all the benefits of new points.

And I wonder what division of DVC looks at those ROFR on resale offers, compares it to wait lists at those "sold out" resorts, and then exercises the option.

Congrats on the new VGF points. I've always wanted to stay there, but those point charts are really high.

So here is my time frame thus far for my SSR 250pt contract:

Update...

12/19 Made offer
12/20 counter offer received
12/20 counter offer accepted
12/20 contract received
12/22 contract returned
12/31 sellers contract received
1/2 Sent to ROFR
1/27 Passed ROFR
1/31 Closing Doc received
2/4 Closing Docs returned

And now we need to close and get these points loaded up/ get member # from Disney.

Update...

12/19 Made offer
12/20 contract received
12/22 contract returned
1/2 Sent to ROFR
1/27 Passed ROFR

And now we need to close and get these points loaded up/ get member # from Disney.

Oh I see, having a DISDad number just isn't good enough for you!

12/19 Made offer
12/20 contract received
12/22 contract returned
1/2 Sent to ROFR
1/27 Passed ROFR
2/7 Closed!!!!

Told our info from Disney should be arriving in about 3 weeks. If that is true, I should be able to book our September stay right past the 7 month window. :banana:

12/19 Made offer
12/20 contract received
12/22 contract returned
1/2 Sent to ROFR
1/27 Passed ROFR
2/7 Closed!!!!

Told our info from Disney should be arriving in about 3 weeks. If that is true, I should be able to book our September stay right past the 7 month window. :banana:

Awesome!

Tim, if you know your contract number (it should be on your closing documents somewhere), you can try calling Member Services and press the option for Member Accounting.

I was able to get my Member Number from Member Accounting by giving them my contract number - even before my membership materials arrived in the mail.

It also helps to have the previous owners last name to reference when calling into Member Accounting.

If you need the number to Member Services, let me know. :thumbsup2

Awesome!

Tim, if you know your contract number (it should be on your closing documents somewhere), you can try calling Member Services and press the option for Member Accounting.

I was able to get my Member Number from Member Accounting by giving them my contract number - even before my membership materials arrived in the mail.

It also helps to have the previous owners last name to reference when calling into Member Accounting.

If you need the number to Member Services, let me know. :thumbsup2
Thanks for the info! I will go through and see if I can find the #. Once I have my member # will I be allowed to set up my account on the dvc site?

Thanks for the info! I will go through and see if I can find the #. Once I have my member # will I be allowed to set up my account on the dvc site?

Yes, you can match your MyDisneyExperience or Waltdisneyworld.com website login with your DVC login once you have your Member Number. Everything links all together.

:thumbsup2

And, make sure you use your same email address and password as MDE when creating the DVC account. Lots of people have problems when they are different.

12/19 Made offer
12/20 contract received
12/22 contract returned
1/2 Sent to ROFR
1/27 Passed ROFR
2/7 Closed!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome Home. Now the fun begins.

Kevin

And, make sure you use your same email address and password as MDE when creating the DVC account. Lots of people have problems when they are different.

I can attest to that.....

Mistakenly ended up with two myExperience accounts. One had our DVC reservation, the other had our dining and tickets......

Took Disney tech support guy four hours to move all the items to my DVC account. Hoping we will not have this problem all the time now.

In any event, follow the above advice. You have been warned....

Bob

Looking for some sage advice. I had our name added to a "wait list" for points at BLT using our DVC Sales rep. We have 180 BLT points now with a September UY. We also have 50 at SSR. The issue that we run into is being able to get a resort that we want at the 7 month mark. We have decided that we would like to book at the 11 month mark moving forward and if we don't get the resort that we want, we are completely cool with being "stuck" at BLT.

The intent here is to have all of our points at BLT. So the next step is to sell off our SSR points. Does anyone have advice on which resale group to use?

I would be ok with buying points for BLT at a resale site but not sure how long it would take to get the UY we want, how the financing works, etc. My DVC rep said we'll probably get our points for our UY within 60 days from when we had our name added to the list.

Looking for some sage advice. I had our name added to a "wait list" for points at BLT using our DVC Sales rep. We have 180 BLT points now with a September UY. We also have 50 at SSR. The issue that we run into is being able to get a resort that we want at the 7 month mark. We have decided that we would like to book at the 11 month mark moving forward and if we don't get the resort that we want, we are completely cool with being "stuck" at BLT.

The intent here is to have all of our points at BLT. So the next step is to sell off our SSR points. Does anyone have advice on which resale group to use?

I would be ok with buying points for BLT at a resale site but not sure how long it would take to get the UY we want, how the financing works, etc. My DVC rep said we'll probably get our points for our UY within 60 days from when we had our name added to the list.

We used Timeshare store for all our resale purchases. They were excellent to work with. They used Magic Vacation Title. We had two good experiences with them, but this last time, they submitted the closing contract wrong once (names) and a typo the 2nd time.

How many points do you need? Another option may be to bank/borrow the SSR points and use the 150 every 3rd year. Would that give you enough for a stay at SSR (11 month window)? Then, you could bank/borrow the BLT points from that off year to book what you needed. Does that make sense? Your stays would be BLT, SSR, BLT, BLT, SSR, BLT, BLT, SSR, BLT

And, I may be wrong on this one. If you have 2 BLT contracts, you'll still need to borrow from the 180 contract to book at 11 months. Or, call MS and book 5 days with one contract, two days with the other contract, and then link them. Or, call MS each year, transfer points, and then book the BLT stay. If those are correct, then would it matter what UY BLT contract? Resale would be cheaper.

We used Timeshare store for all our resale purchases. They were excellent to work with. They used Magic Vacation Title. We had two good experiences with them, but this last time, they submitted the closing contract wrong once (names) and a typo the 2nd time.

How many points do you need? Another option may be to bank/borrow the SSR points and use the 150 every 3rd year. Would that give you enough for a stay at SSR (11 month window)? Then, you could bank/borrow the BLT points from that off year to book what you needed. Does that make sense? Your stays would be BLT, SSR, BLT, BLT, SSR, BLT, BLT, SSR, BLT

And, I may be wrong on this one. If you have 2 BLT contracts, you'll still need to borrow from the 180 contract to book at 11 months. Or, call MS and book 5 days with one contract, two days with the other contract, and then link them. Or, call MS each year, transfer points, and then book the BLT stay. If those are correct, then would it matter what UY BLT contract? Resale would be cheaper.
:confused:

LOL. So using your logic, yes, we could theoretically book 11 months out at SSR. For example use our banked point, current year and borrow from next year. Then bank this year's BLT points and use them next year along with the current and future year.

<pause> Only DVC owners would be following us at this point. This must be what it's like when rocket scientists have casual conversations. <unpause>

Reality is, the 150 points combined from SSR wouldn't be enough. We're using around 210 for our Fall trip and would need even more for Spring.

As for the contract, my DVC rep made it sound like it would be one contract. I'll call back and verify that!

:confused:

LOL. So using your logic, yes, we could theoretically book 11 months out at SSR. For example use our banked point, current year and borrow from next year. Then bank this year's BLT points and use them next year along with the current and future year.

<pause> Only DVC owners would be following us at this point. This must be what it's like when rocket scientists have casual conversations. <unpause>

Reality is, the 150 points combined from SSR wouldn't be enough. We're using around 210 for our Fall trip and would need even more for Spring.

As for the contract, my DVC rep made it sound like it would be one contract. I'll call back and verify that!

Yes, DVC communication lingo is its own language. :lmao:

I understand the desire to get everything at one resort. We had two different UYs and points at two different resorts. If Disney can combine them into one contract, then it would be easier. Many people go with two small contracts as it would be easier to sell one.

If the 150 every third year wouldn't work, your other option is to rent them yourself or thru a broker like David's. It might cover your dues. Or,have you ever thought of a weekend studio getaway for adults only?

Since SSR rarely sells out, couldn't you just book a split stay using 2 different contracts for your rooms? Like 6 days at BLT then 2 at SSR(or whatever)?

What UY are your 50 SSR points? Inquiring minds wanna know….. :rolleyes1

Timeshare Store seems to be fairly busy with resales and their prices are higher than other brokers- good for sellers. Small SSR contracts are selling in the 70's. (however there have only been 2 50&90 posted on the ROFR thread since January)

Good advice Norm. ::yes::

I have two contracts at BWV. I would NOT have them combine the contracts. When I book I don't have to do a split stay if I'm using points from both contracts. So no inconvenience there. The big thing is if you ever needed to sell for any reason, smaller contracts are always easier to sell. The larger the contract the smaller the buyer market.

I have two contracts at BWV. I would NOT have them combine the contracts. When I book I don't have to do a split stay if I'm using points from both contracts. So no inconvenience there. The big thing is if you ever needed to sell for any reason, smaller contracts are always easier to sell. The larger the contract the smaller the buyer market.

That is good to know - thanks. Agreed that small contracts are easier to sell. Does it matter if both contracts are direct or resale or one of each? Or if they are different UYs?

That is good to know - thanks. Agreed that small contracts are easier to sell. Does it matter if both contracts are direct or resale or one of each? Or if they are different UYs?

For the purpose of what you are doing direct or resale...doesn't matter. That would only come into play if you were trying to do something out of the system and would be too much to get into for no reason for you.

Different use year only comes into play for when you get your points and when you bank or borrow. You just have to keep up with it a little more because you'll have different times you have to bank for leftovers and you may have to borrow if one of the UYs is later. Does that make sense? DVC is definitely a language of it's own.

For the purpose of what you are doing direct or resale...doesn't matter. That would only come into play if you were trying to do something out of the system and would be too much to get into for no reason for you.

Different use year only comes into play for when you get your points and when you bank or borrow. You just have to keep up with it a little more because you'll have different times you have to bank for leftovers and you may have to borrow if one of the UYs is later. Does that make sense? DVC is definitely a language of it's own.

Yes, that makes sense. Not sure if DVC intended to make all these rules, but it's just something else Disney to talk about until my the trip. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter