Talk DVC with the Dis Dads

And, I may be wrong on this one. If you have 2 BLT contracts, you'll still need to borrow from the 180 contract to book at 11 months. Or, call MS and book 5 days with one contract, two days with the other contract, and then link them. Or, call MS each year, transfer points, and then book the BLT stay. If those are correct, then would it matter what UY BLT contract? Resale would be cheaper.

Since SSR rarely sells out, couldn't you just book a split stay using 2 different contracts for your rooms? Like 6 days at BLT then 2 at SSR(or whatever)?

What UY are your 50 SSR points? Inquiring minds wanna know….. :rolleyes1

Timeshare Store seems to be fairly busy with resales and their prices are higher than other brokers- good for sellers. Small SSR contracts are selling in the 70's. (however there have only been 2 50&90 posted on the ROFR thread since January)

Good advice Norm. ::yes::
I thought that I replied back to this but apparently had not.
We bought an additional 75 points at BLT. So now we have a grand total of 255 at BLT and 50 at SSR.

My points are all a September UY.
I did inquire with the Timeshare store. It's almost not worth it to sell. I owe like $2,500 on the SSR contract.

Re: a split stay, I'm not fond of moving once I'm settled. My view on the split stay is a microcosm of my wife's POV. She is adamant about not doing a split stay. She'd have us say at a resort that we don't want versus moving.

Regarding having 2 contracts, there's no borrowing. The way it works is that you got to book and it simply looks at what resorts are your home and the eligibility.

I thought that I replied back to this but apparently had not.
We bought an additional 75 points at BLT. So now we have a grand total of 255 at BLT and 50 at SSR.

My points are all a September UY.
I did inquire with the Timeshare store. It's almost not worth it to sell. I owe like $2,500 on the SSR contract.

Re: a split stay, I'm not fond of moving once I'm settled. My view on the split stay is a microcosm of my wife's POV. She is adamant about not doing a split stay. She'd have us say at a resort that we don't want versus moving.

Regarding having 2 contracts, there's no borrowing. The way it works is that you got to book and it simply looks at what resorts are your home and the eligibility.

I learned something new about the two contracts, thanks. I don't like split stays either, although DW is ok with them. That is why we are doing BWV/VBR this trip.

I didn't get much for the small contracts I sold, but I did break even counting DVC stays. I just didn't want to deal with the multiple UY headache. Also, I needed the cash to buy DW a car. I'm ok with financing my house, but I didn't want to finance a car.

I learned something new about the two contracts, thanks. I don't like split stays either, although DW is ok with them. That is why we are doing BWV/VBR this trip.

I didn't get much for the small contracts I sold, but I did break even counting DVC stays. I just didn't want to deal with the multiple UY headache. Also, I needed the cash to buy DW a car. I'm ok with financing my house, but I didn't want to finance a car.

Yeah, I need to look at the numbers again to decide what my next move is. My wife's van is paid off but somehow that payment has not made it's way to pay off any other debts like I had planned.:scratchin I was planning to apply the car payment to our DVC debt and then hopefully come bonus time, pay off the contracts.

We bought an AP this year so we need to fit a trip in before November 2015. We're thinking October during the the week of Columbus Day. I'd like to take my in-laws, but we'll have to see how well my FIL is feeling (Leukemia is in remission). So any points will help us to get a 2BR.

For the next trip, we're planning to take a stroll over to Universal since my oldest DD is a big Harry Potter fan.

I think we'll plan on booking BLT at 11 months and then switch or wait list VWL.

I just saw on another forum that the DVC site has a new availability tool. It's much better then the way that we previously had to search for availability. With this tool, you choose your dates, the resorts and room types. It comes back with what's open.

I just saw on another forum that the DVC site has a new availability tool. It's much better then the way that we previously had to search for availability. With this tool, you choose your dates, the resorts and room types. It comes back with what's open.

I think that will be a great tool when booking at 7 months or less. I'm dealing with the WDW/ beach split stay, but I really don't like the split stay at WDW. With this tool, I could get the most consecutive days at once.

Yep. The enhanced search makes it much easier and efficient. For our next stay (2015, not the planned November one) we'll book at BLT with the plan to change at the 7 month mark. We'll target VWL, then the BCV or BWV. If we get "desperate", we might try to get into GF. :lmao:

We generally like to try the different resorts but want to be near the Parks. :confused3

So, it's for DVC members only?

Yep. The enhanced search makes it much easier and efficient. For our next stay (2015, not the planned November one) we'll book at BLT with the plan to change at the 7 month mark. We'll target VWL, then the BCV or BWV. If we get "desperate", we might try to get into GF. :lmao:

We generally like to try the different resorts but want to be near the Parks. :confused3

Since we've tried all the DVC at WDW except VGF, we'll try for that one at some point. BLT is my favorite, and we own at BWV, my 2nd favorite. We stay in the standard view rooms at BWV, some of the cheapest on property. We get more vacation days that way.

So, it's for DVC members only?

Yup, for cool kids only. :lmao:

And, b\c we're DVC, we generally just get treated better for the royalty that we are.
:rotfl2::lmao:

I find it amusing when I read posts on here that people were disappointed they only had a 4th floor room instead of the 5th floor room requested, they had to settle for square ice cubes, and they had to wait in a line. That's not just DVC. I pre-paid for 30 years of vacations, and those are my expectations.

Thanks guys, someday I'll be a cool kid like Norm

As the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be, it will be difficult to ever be as cool as me. :lmao:

But, you too can be a DVC member. :thumbsup2

Norm & Brent are having way too much fun here by themselves so I'll post to break up the monotony….. :rotfl2:

I posted this on the DVC occupancy thread, but feel I'll get a quicker answer here:

We are thinking of booking (or trying to book) a 2 BR BVC for next summer. Are we allowed to have 10 people in the room 4 adults, 4 kids 9,9,8,4, and 2 kids, 2 yrs old, in pack & plays?

If not would a 2BR at AKL (or somewhere else) be more fitting for our situation?

Norm & Brent are having way too much fun here by themselves so I'll post to break up the monotony….. :rotfl2:

I posted this on the DVC occupancy thread, but feel I'll get a quicker answer here:

We are thinking of booking (or trying to book) a 2 BR BVC for next summer. Are we allowed to have 10 people in the room 4 adults, 4 kids 9,9,8,4, and 2 kids, 2 yrs old, in pack & plays?

If not would a 2BR at AKL (or somewhere else) be more fitting for our situation?

I have no idea. Technically, I think BCV 2 BR is 8 + 1. But, since there are two children under 3, you are at 8 adults. If it is a dedicated, then there may only be one pack n play. I think it is silly to have a studio & 1 BR only sleep 4. All 1 BRs should sleep 5.

I have no idea. Technically, I think BCV 2 BR is 8 + 1. But, since there are two children under 3, you are at 8 adults. If it is a dedicated, then there may only be one pack n play. I think it is silly to have a studio & 1 BR only sleep 4. All 1 BRs should sleep 5.

I was told that it was possible by one mod and not possible by another… so I guess I'll have to call to ask my question to a CM.

I'm not worried about a pack n play… we could always bring one or borrow one from Melody's cousin who lives about 20 minutes away from WDW.

I don't understand how the 1 BRs only have a king bed. It makes more sense to me to have 2 queens… but what do I know?popcorn::

I was told that it was possible by one mod and not possible by another… so I guess I'll have to call to ask my question to a CM.

I'm not worried about a pack n play… we could always bring one or borrow one from Melody's cousin who lives about 20 minutes away from WDW.

I don't understand how the 1 BRs only have a king bed. It makes more sense to me to have 2 queens… but what do I know?popcorn::
<insert standard DISDad legal disclaimer here>
Occupancy-wise, a few of the resorts can accommodate up to 9 in a 2BR.
1 King, 2 Queens, 1 Queen sofa sleeper, 1 sleeper chair

Not sure if the DVC powers that be would permit a 10th. :confused3

You could do it, without question, by getting 2 x 1BR reservations.
1 Queen, 1 Queen sleeper sofa, 1 sleeper chair

I've been reading different posts where 5 (over 3) are getting into 1 BRs other than OKW, BLT, or AKV. They have to provide own bedding. But, DVC point charts still only list 5 at those 3 resorts. So, who really knows.

Even if they wanted to keep the King Bed in the 1 BR, it still makes no sense why there cannot be a trundle bed in the other room. It is simply way too much square footage differential between a studio and a 1 BR that they cannot accommodate a 5th person. I know they have to limit it somewhere, and I'm even fine with going 5 with just 1 bathroom, but to have kept it at four with double square footage and double points just doesn't make sense.

<insert standard DISDad legal disclaimer here>
Occupancy-wise, a few of the resorts can accommodate up to 9 in a 2BR.
1 King, 2 Queens, 1 Queen sofa sleeper, 1 sleeper chair
BLT, SSR, AKL, & OKW permit 9 +1 in a 2BR. That is well and fine but we were going to try and get BCV- mostly to have access to the pool since we are going in August.

If we can't fit 10 in the 2 BR BCV, I'd probably just head to AKL.

You could do it, without question, by getting 2 x 1BR reservations.
1 Queen, 1 Queen sleeper sofa, 1 sleeper chair
I could but I'd use a crap load of points. 2BR @ BCV for a week is 313 points. 2 1BR is 255pts. That's a big difference since I only have 250pts/yr.

I've been reading different posts where 5 (over 3) are getting into 1 BRs other than OKW, BLT, or AKV. They have to provide own bedding. But, DVC point charts still only list 5 at those 3 resorts. So, who really knows.
True… most just say no bedding supplied or something like that. I just don't want to show up and get denied because we have too many.

Even if they wanted to keep the King Bed in the 1 BR, it still makes no sense why there cannot be a trundle bed in the other room. It is simply way too much square footage differential between a studio and a 1 BR that they cannot accommodate a 5th person. I know they have to limit it somewhere, and I'm even fine with going 5 with just 1 bathroom, but to have kept it at four with double square footage and double points just doesn't make sense.
I agree. ::yes::

BLT, SSR, AKL, & OKW permit 9 +1 in a 2BR. That is well and fine but we were going to try and get BCV- mostly to have access to the pool since we are going in August.

If we can't fit 10 in the 2 BR BCV, I'd probably just head to AKL.

I could but I'd use a crap load of points. 2BR @ BCV for a week is 313 points. 2 1BR is 255pts. That's a big difference since I only have 250pts/yr.

True… most just say no bedding supplied or something like that. I just don't want to show up and get denied because we have too many.

I agree. ::yes::

Ouch, yeah,,,that's a ton of points to use for 2 x 1BR. Good luck. I hope you work it out. BCV would be great.
BCV is one of target resorts for the future b\c of their pool. We checked it out when we were at BWV last October.

Ouch, yeah,,,that's a ton of points to use for 2 x 1BR. Good luck. I hope you work it out. BCV would be great.
BCV is one of target resorts for the future b\c of their pool. We checked it out when we were at BWV last October.

We finally stayed in BCV last trip. And, while I did enjoy SAB, it wasn't enough for me to stay there again. The pool has great theming and cool current effects, but it is chopped up. It is a long walk to the water slide entrance. I'm just as happy at BWV Luna pool, especially with the lower number of standard view points.

I think BLT is my favorite with the use of two feature pools, and that large quiet pool as well.

We finally stayed in BCV last trip. And, while I did enjoy SAB, it wasn't enough for me to stay there again. The pool has great theming and cool current effects, but it is chopped up. It is a long walk to the water slide entrance. I'm just as happy at BWV Luna pool, especially with the lower number of standard view points.

I think BLT is my favorite with the use of two feature pools, and that large quiet pool as well.
I could save 33 points on a 2BR staying at BWV… but I doubt I could get a standard view at 7 months out… plus that clown is scary. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter