Tatiana & Thomas 01/24/2014 (MK Castle/Summer House/Epcot)

I just realized that I never shared the proposal story.:flower3:

Tom and I met in Phoenix - we were living in the same apartment complex. I noticed him few times but never thought of him as dating material - he looked way too much as a player. We talked few times and once he asked me to join him for a swim in the evening. Tom turned to be completely opposite than I thought. After that evening we were inseparable.

We were dating for probably few months when I tried my first wedding gown. I did not really plan on it. I just happened to be in New York and had a chance to stop by Reem Acra. I was very much in love with one particular dress and just wanted to try it on - wedding was not really on my list at that time. But of course I loved it and I decided I am ready to get married - convincing my boyfriend did not seem to be a problem - our relationship was flying from the start. We were neighbors at first and quite naturally started living together on the second week of dating.
Giving hints is not my style, so I just told him that we were planning a wedding. When he did not object I took him to few jewelry stores for a field tip ;) Ever since I found out that Disney does wedding, I knew exactly where mine would be. And again Tom proved to be the most loving person by agreeing that Disney wedding is the most unique and magical. We met with the wedding coordinator in May during out first vacation together to WDW. The meeting went well - we saw lots of pics and were quite excited. When we went to MK right after, Tom managed to get "Just Engaged" buttons by joking about our soon happening engagement. I was very anxious and excited - I thought maybe its gonna happen .. but apparently Tom needed more time to get the ring.
And after that trip things became very slow. I was even getting a little frustrated. I already had two wedding dresses but no proposal, nor ring. Even when Tom told me he is planning a surprise trip for us, I was not very anxious. However, what he has planned exceeded all my expectations!
We arrived in a very nice boutique hotel in Sedona with fantastic views on the red mountains. Tom told me to go sleep early as we have a 5 am sightseeing tour. The tour just happened to be on the hot air balloon!
When were up in the sky, he took my hands and said the sweetest things. He even managed to get on his right knee in a very small basket and then he asked me to marry him. That was the happiest day of my life and it also taught to be just a little patient.

Few more updates..

I decided to do a wedding logo.. Hopefully my web design experience will be sufficient. Here is sketch of what I have in mind. I will try to adjust shapes to look more like us in photoshop:

and out engagement portrait is ready :thumbsup2

All of your plans look super fun! You are very on top of things! I'm excited someone is using the Summer House, it's a beautiful spot! Our consultant (Diane) also said that after the refurb it will be even better so it MUST be true. :goodvibes

What a romantic proposal!

Love the shoes and the scrolls are very nice (surprisingly affordable!)

Looking forward to reading more!

Uf.. paid the dress balance today. That was one of a hefty bill... :worried: My savings account does not look as promising as before. The good thing I still love my dress.:love:
Here are more pics:

Waiting impatiently for the engagement photos... Our photographer promised to upload them today!:cool1: So exciting... It was very windy on the beach, so I hope not all pics have hair everywhere.. So much for paying for nice curls.

Got some new cute stuff in the mail!
I ordered this gorgeous gold shrug for the flower girl(Monsoon) - I hope it will look nice with the dress:

And bought these in Party city yesterday:

I noticed, that I only buy things for the wedding and nothing else( Even gifts make me feel so greedy.. :headache: So I decided to change it .. and ordered dress for New Year party... well, may be i will wear for the Rehearsal dinner too:thumbsup2

YAY! We got our pictures! They turned to be gorgeous... I cant stop looking at them... Here are my favorites (sorry for big images):

Thank you, ladies! I am very happy with how pictures turned out.. Now I have to find a good use for them. We are not doing regular guest book (we use surfboard) so I am not sure where I can put them apart from site. Any Ideas?

I also ordered these shirts for my bridesmaids. I hope we will be able to hit the MK few days before the wedding and take lots of pics.
Each shirt has a little charm which symbolizes one of the disney princesses.

And I need advice!:grouphug: I want to create a logo/picture for the wedding and here are the drafts. Tom complains that there is no similarity between him and picture.. But everybody else thinks differently :cheer2:

Which one do you like? If any...:artist:

Here is the draft for save the dates. Mom thinks that mixing up Vampires and Cinderella...:confused3

CinderALLIE said:
Your draft for the save the date looks awesome.

Where is your Mum getting vampires from?

She thinks its too dark for the wedding.. But the screenshot is from Cinderella.. If it was her way, it would be all pink ;)

I LOVE the draft for the Save the Date! Very romantic and grown up princessy! I don't see vampires or "darkness" at all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter