Tatiana & Thomas 01/24/2014 (MK Castle/Summer House/Epcot)

tashka87

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I finally decided to start my PJ. So many ideas and I am scared to forget most before the wedding actually happens.

Here is a little info about us:

Myself: My name is Tatiana. I am originally from Russia, but came to US to study. I graduated from BU in 2009 and moved to Phoenix for job. I was very scared of moving to the new city, but little did I know that I would meet my future fiance.:goodvibes

My fiance: His is name is Thomas. He is originally from Chicago. Tom works as Benefits Consultant and we will soon celebrate his 40th birthday!:joker:

Our plans: We started talking about the wedding nearly the next day after our first date. We are together for year and half and its a best period in my life!

I am completely obsessed with Disney, especially princesses - so there were no question where the wedding will be. Tom tried to make me consider "Chicago bears" theme.. well, maybe for vows renewal, ... second vows renewal :cutie:

When I think of Disney - I see Cinderella castle - so the ceremony venue was very easy to determine... The reception was tricky. Given that ceremony will take place in the morning, you want to see more relaxed reception venue.. So ballroom won't work. We had our first appointment with DFTW coordinator (Bill - anybody worked with him??) and he showed us amazing setting for Summer House in Grand Floridian. Its under construction now, but we were promised that it will be done soon and will look better than before.
And of course being chocolate junkies - we could not miss a dessert party. I still did not set up my mind on one particular place - any isola will work so..

The theme is obviously Disney Princesses. I am really trying not to turn it into kid birthday party, but sometimes not very successful.
For ceremony we are using Cinderella theme, including glass slippers, carriage necklaces and pumpkin flower girl basket. More details to come..
For reception we want to make it feel very beachy and use Ariel as inspiration. We want to use surfboard as guest book and small bottles in the sand as place cards.
For dessert party we will invite guests to Jasmine world with candles, carpets and pillows.

MK Castle ceremony date can only be released 6 months in advance, so our tentative date is 01/24/2014. November 2013 did not work (Halloween&Christmas), so we moved the date to 2014. I hate doing that, but I did set up my mind on Castle and don't want to change.

Here is our initial plan/summary:
01/30/2014 Rehearsal, Wishes cruise to treat bridal party and family. We don't plan regular rehearsal dinner, instead we are taking most important to us people for an adventure to see best fireworks!
01/31/2014 Ceremony in MK, Reception in Summer House, Dessert party in Epcot.
02/02/2012 MK Photoshoot
02/03/2014 - Disney Dream Cruise

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement! You two make such a cute couple!

I love the idea of having a different princess theme for each of your wedding events! Looking forward to reading more about your plans! :goodvibes

Thank you!:cool1:

I usually prefer to see pictures than to read, so I will try to put a lot of pics.

Here are my favorite settings for the venues:

New Magic Kingdom location

Summer House

Could not find decorated Isola yet :sad2:

Just wanted to share few cool thing I found for decor/attire. Mostly credit to Etsy ( best shopping place ever).

The colors are tiffany blue and light gold.. I am considering adding purple for flowers...

Ceremony (Cinderella Theme)

Invitations (Indian made - cheap and extremely magical)

Flower Girl dress (ordered in tiffany blue and gold - Juju's tutu @ Etsy)

Flower Girl Tiara (Etsy)

Gift to Flower Girl (Etsy)

Flower Girl Basket (Etsy)

Ring Bearer Outfit (Etsy, will be ordered in blue and white)

Bridesmaids dresses (Jill Jill Stuart)

Boutonniere for Groomsmen

Brides bouquet (maybe)

Charm for the bouquet (Etsy)

Glass Slippers (Ebay - another good spot to shop)

Tiara (OneWed)

Dress (Atelier Aimee - will be arriving very soon)

I hope I wont be banned for posting too many random pictures :confused3

Congrats on your engagement! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding plans. And there's no such thing as too many pictures!

Yay! Thanks :)

Engagement photoshoot is booked for 11/10 ... I am very excited. This time I let Tom decide, so we are taking pictures in his favorite place - Laguna Beach, California.. Now I am in search for a cute beach dress.. White of course:angel:

Here are few more ideas - now for Reception (Ariel/Beach theme)

Guestbook aka Surf ( we both love surfing but not very good in it)

Place Cards - Bottles with the table number inside. (Etsy)

Chair covers (in blue, Etsy)

Garter (Custom on Etsy)

Dress (Allure) I will be changing for reception :yay:

Congratualations on your engagement and good luck with your planning! I love all of the choices you have made, Everything is so whimsical!

Thank you ladies!

I think I am getting obsessed with all Disney stuff:) could not pass on this cutie yesterday:

Now I need to find a user case)

As of update - we may request an earlier date - Aug 2013... I think I prefer take the "rain risk", than to wait so looooong till 2014..

I am madly in love with this cake:

However, it does not match the them at all :confused3

So I was thinking to ask Disney to create something similar with Ariel and Eric. I love this cake topper:

But unfortunately it is awfully expensive. Has anybody seen nice Ariel/Eric cake topper anywhere? If I pay $400 I will probably have no room for cake in my budget...

I was also considering to use fishbowl with fish instead of rose in vase and put this castle inside it:

Real fish might be too creepy so...

I looked pictures today on disney blog and fall in love with this bride's hair style.. Even if I need the whole wig for this look, I will go for it!

I am loving all your inspiration photos! Those wedding dresses are gorgeous! I really love your cake ideas. Have you tried looking for the Ariel and Eric topper on ebay or another similar site?

Hi there! I love all your plans so far! Can't wait to read more!

Love your dress, by the way!

I am so crazy about this veil... Now have to figure out how to get it..

I am looking for cake topper everywhere - on Ebay the one I want is nearly $400. :worried:

Yay.. Finally, I received a confirmation from our coordinator that we are in his calendar for 01/24/2014:cool1:
I did not hear anything from him for two weeks and was very worried..

Our engagement photoshoot was a blast: We were splashing in the ocean, kissing on the beach and even playing with kites.. Can't wait to see the final pictures. Out photographer was also videotaping us and promised to prepare small engagement video. :banana:

And we got out guest book:

It will be hard not try this beauty before the wedding, but I want to keep it new and shiny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter