Team 8 Jessica's Rabbits Bios and Info

Amy - I hope you had a great time at WDW! I haven't been to WDW since before I started running so I'm looking forward to running around the Boardwalk area too. We're staying there for four days after a cruise in May.

Howard - PF can be a real pain in the...er, foot. ;) I hope the anti-inflammatory and stretching help you get back to normal quickly.

Craig - I hope you are well past your bug and feel great now!

I'm happy to report that as of this morning's weigh-in, I finally back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. :cool1: Yes, I'm a guy but I was a little too supportive with indulging in my wife's Mexican food cravings!

I've lost the last 12 lbs since joining the Rabbits so thank you all so much for your inspiration! :thumbsup2

I still probably have another 15 lbs to go to get down to a healthy weight.

Here are my numbers for Nov. 10-16:

Running
13.9 miles
2:33 hours

Other (mostly biking)
71.1 miles
8:20 hours

-steve

I had a great long run today. I watched a movie while I ran on the treadmill, and it made the time go by really well. I watched "We Are Marshall" which I found inspirational to keep me going. I'm actually starting to believe that I can do this half-marathon thing in January! :laughing:

Week of Nov 15-21
miles: 25.6
hours: 5.0

Hello Everyone

I am caught up to here. Right now we're above 18,200 miles, which is an amazing reflection on our little group. We have a core that just keeping motoring along, month after month. The big mile people like Rich, Steve and Amy are putting up amazing numbers, and the entire roster is getting solid weekly and monthly numbers.

I am looking forward to hearing how Howard did this morning in Philadelphia. It is unbelievably cold here this morning, so I assume they had the same there.

I did 14 this morning at 9:54 per mile and was strong the entire distance. Since I'm focusing all my energy on the Disney half, it's nice to have an overdistance training run in the log. I hope to get 2 more 14's in 2 and then 4 weeks, and then sharpen and come down for January 10. I came back to running 5 years ago, and for that first Disney half I had only one 10 and one 11 mile training run. My body pointed this out to me in January of 2004, as when I hit the 11 mile marker my legs had had enough and I struggled in. It's nice to know I've been past the race distance in training, so at least my legs will hold together.

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone. Our one truly unique holiday.

Craig

Numbers for Nov 15-21

Running
52.5 miles
8.5 hours

Biking
120 miles
9.0 hours

Have a great holiday and don't eat to much Turkey. Have fun and be safe out there and those of us in the snow already watch the ice. I had my first fall of the season try to keep it under five fall for the winter. Not a good start first week of snow and ice one fall.:lmao:

Craig, you're going to have great results at the half. Great job with your training and comeback. How you felt in 2004 is how I felt at my first half last month. I hope to someday be in as good of shape as you are now. You are very inspiring! :thumbsup2

I just got my new Garmin Forerunner 305 and am having a lot of fun with it. It's giving me a lot of incentive to brave the weather and get out to run when I would otherwise just do the treadmill.

This will be a light week for me as we are traveling to LA to visit the in-laws for Thanksgiving. I'm doing a 15K trail race in Topanga State Park on the 29th. I'm pretty excited as it will be my first trail race and first race dealing with any kind of altitude or significant elevation changes.

After that, it's four days at Disneyland so I won't be posting until the first weekend in December.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! :grouphug:

Nov 17-23

Running
12 miles
2:16

Other (mostly biking)
64.9 miles
7:45

-steve

Sorry for the delay team! I have been mainly out of commission due to the PF issues and haven't run much at all. That was not the plan leading up the Philadelphia Marathon last weekend. More details below.

First, my numbers:

November 10 - 16

Miles: 6.14 miles
Time: 52 minutes

November 17 - 24

Miles: 58.4*
Time: 5 hours, 11 minutes

*includes double miles for Philadelphia Marathon 11/23/08.

I finished the Philadelphia Marathon with a time of 4:18:49 with an overall pace of 9:52 for the 26.2 mile effort. Between the Marine Corps Marathon on 10/26 and the Philadelphia Marathon, I ran a total of 4 times. My longest run was just 7.34 miles (on 11/3). Pretty pathetic, huh? :confused3

I have been on anti-inflammatories for the PF issue. It wasn't much of a factor on race day this past Sunday. I took the Anti-inflammatory in the morning and went out to do the race come what may. I have to be honest and say I was worried about it and how I could cope with major pain if it flared up during the race. Whatever pain I had in the PF area, it wasn't a deal breaker. I ran with it and it wasn't too bad. That said, I developed some major blood blisters (one on each foot) and one under the nail on my pinky toe (left side) that were enough to make me wince in pain throughout the last few miles of the race. I had to pull up and walk off and on during the last few miles and muster up the strenght to run with the pain.

Here are my splits: 10:09, 9:13, 9:07, 9:09, 8:43, 8:38, 8:23, 9:08, 8:36, 9:22, 8:56, 8:57, 8:47, 8:48, 9:41, 11:39 (includes a pit-stop), 9:20, 9:14, 10:23, 10:33, 10:16, 11:03, 10:54, 10:35, 11:19, 12:14 and 12:16.

It was really cold, so cold that the water/gatorade at the water stops froze the ground over and it was dangerous to do more than a tip-toe through the water stops. Some volunteers went to buy icemelt and throw it out on the black ice in the water stop areas. It didn't help much. For the first time ever (for me), I was handed water and/or Gatorade with a thin film of ice on the top of the liquid in the cups. (That's cold! :headache: ) There were runners with perspiration visible on the outside of their jackets and hats/ear covers that were frozen in frost. Mine did the same. Despite the cold, once I was running I felt pretty good. If I slowed down and cooled down, I felt very cold. Post race, I cooled off rapidly and was absolutely frigid. I layered up but the wet clothes underneath kept my core very cold.

The course was a good one, enjoyable and challenging with not many hills. It was crowded for the first 5 or 6 miles, then it opened up a bit. I was never "alone" during the run though. There were 7,278 marathon finishers. I finished 4,320 overall. The half marathon runners started with us and simply cut out at the half way point. There were 5,324 half marathon finishers.

I would recommend the race, no doubt. I do not like the variability of the weather though. It was unseasonably cold for this race (39 degrees) when it is typically around 50-54. I guess I need to be happy it didn't rain. We had snow the few days leading up to the race.

My next race is the 5K, half and marathon in Walt Disney World. I need to get my feet/PF/blister issues solved quickly and get back into a training groove. I am going to my local running store for a recommendation on new shoes that won't give me blisters and toe issues. Steve Sinko, one of the owners of the Delaware Running Company where I shop from time to time, came in 8th in Philadelphia. His time was 2:27:58 with an overall pace of 5:38. :scared1: I saw him on the way in near mile 24 when I was just passing mile 16.

Have a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

Howard

Howard...CONGRATS on a great marathon!!!!!! I had a few friends running and they were right behind you :).

Steve...have fun in Disneyland! I love it there :)

Craig...great job on your 14 miler. So glad to see you coming back strong :).

Rich...Another solid week!!!

Numbers for 11/15-11/20:
Miles: 69
Hours: 10

Hope everyone has a wonderful THANKSGIVING!!!!! :goodvibes

I will report back tomorrow with this weeks efforts...trying to bump my numbers up with a few more runs :). Unfortunately I strained my back after my 12 miler this weekend and was on the IRL for a few days ;). I still got on the bike though so the numbers aren't too dismal.

Amy

It always makes me smile to see your name on the thread as the most recent post. Thank you for your numbers, and take care of your back. And have a great day today.

Also thanks Scott for putting his numbers into the board. I assume he is keeping his blog up to date, but sadly I'm hard pressed to keep up with all I need to do, so I haven't seen it in a long time. Please give him my best as well. I look forward to seeing both of you again one of these days.

I am caught up to this point with everyone's miles and hours. We just keep motoring along. I appreciate everyone's posts.

Best

Craig

Amy - :hug: hope your back is feeling better.

Howard - hope your feet/PF/blister issue is improving. It was fun spending time with you, Cam and Andrew last weekend. Looking forward to seeing all of you in Jan. :yay:

Steve - hope the trail run was fun and that you enjoyed :mickeybar Disneyland!

Rich - :headache: Ouch! Be careful on the ice!

Craig - I'm glad you were able to get an overdistance training run on the log. That was my plan too for this year - has not quite worked out for me :sad2:

I injured my ankle 8 weeks ago and it still is not cooperating with me. I've been trying to keep up my endurance with biking and strength training but it's just not the same. This week I did get in two 4.5 mile walks at a great pace but my ankle is quite sore now. I think I'm back to the bike for a few days. I'm going to make an appointment to visit a new doctor this week to reevaluate my situation. Mike actually found me an orthopedic doctor who ran the Disney marathon last year. Hopefuly he'll have some good advice for me.
Right now I'm a little discouraged because I wanted to PR in Jan. As it looks now I'll be happy to finish and not be in too much pain:worried:

My numbers for the last two weeks...

11/15 - 11/21
Miles = 56.88
Hours= 4.93

11/22 - 11/30
Miles = 57.0
Hours= 6.75

:santa: Happy December to everyone!

Kathy

Amy hope your back gets better still solid numbers with an injury

Kathy hope your ankle heals and is alright no fun running in pain

Howard hope those blisters heal up soon.

Heres some pixie dust pixiedust: for you all to heal all these wounds.

Numbers from nov 22-30

Running
52.5 miles

8.50 hours

Biking

120 miles

9 hours

Have fun be safe and heal up Rabbits before all your Races. Rich

I am a bad, bad Bunny. Kept meaning to post numbers and kept forgetting. Here's everything for Nov and I promise to stay up to date for Dec.

Nov 1-7
Miles 13.55
Hours 1.9

Nov 8-14 (hurt my shoulder and had to rest longer than I wanted)
Miles 9.6
Hour 2.5

Nov 15-21
Miles 16.6
Hours 5.6

Nov 22-30
Miles 30.53
Hours 5.5

We also had an icing incident on the Turkey Trot. They were standing all around the large ice spot and shouting warnings as you approached. No ice on the cups but they appeared to only be pouring little more than needed. Start temp was 23.:scared1:

Hope everyone heals up and that training continues to improve for all of us!

Hi Bunnies!
Sorry for the lack of posts, but has been a stressful couple months.
Am scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on a torn meniscus in my left knee this Friday.
Was trying to keep up with Liz's training, but just could not.
Then I went and had a motorcycle accident on Black Friday, and i sit here in tons of muscle pain, hoping it will pass soon. Seems like half teh Bunnines are nursing some kind of injury...
Still going to Donald in January, or die trying!

On to the numbers:
Nov 1-7: 19.08 miles 2.1 hrs
Nov 8-14: 3.94 miles .9 hrs
Nov 15-21: 25.28 miles 4.9hrs
Nov 22-30: 18.23 miles 1.75 hrs

Hope everyone heals up in time for Marathon Weekend FUN !

Patrick

I hope everyone down in the US enjoyed their Thanksgiving. We are in the midst of government turmoil up here, and there is a good chance our government will be toppled by the opposition parties. (all done legally of course - we are Canadians after all :laughing: ) I guess we'll wait and see if we end up with a new Prime Minister, a new election, or if the current PM will just call for a Christmas recess. popcorn::

Anyway, my numbers for Nov 22-30

hours: 5.95
miles: 30.7

I was hoping to go over 100 miles in November, and adding it up with a few days to go showed it would be close. The final tally... 99.993! I have 2 months this year with 99.9 miles now (Jun & Nov). In December, barring injury, I will finally break 100 officially.

Hi Team...

Thanks for all the well-wishes :). My back is all healed up! I chose to not run the Turkey Trot though as I didn't want to aggrivate anything. So no double miles for me this week :(.

Patrick...OMG...hope you heal up quickly. Thank goodness you weren't injured worse!

Rich...as always fantastic numbers. I don't know how you do it!!!!

Kathy...I'm sorry you are still struggling with your injury. I'm so impressed that you've continued to exercise though...it's so easy with an injury to back off and still you kept at it!

Blizzard...great numbers....99.9 is pretty awesome! :)

Liz...23 degree start temp. ICK! Brrrrrrr That's chilly!!!

Here are my final week plus two days numbers:

Hours: 11
Miles: 64.5

Hello Everyone

I am caught up to this point, and we are at 19,295 miles as a group. We've had some good folks slip away during the year, and wonderful replacements appear, and throughout it all we've been amazingly consistent, +/- 2000 miles each month. Congratulations to everyone.

I'm glad your back is better Amy. Don't you and Scott have a race someplace soon?

Carol, your November number comes in at precisely 100.00 miles in the master spreadsheet, so in my opinion, you made the 100.

Patrick, ouch and ouch. Good luck with the meniscus surgery, I had the same thing done in 1999, known in our house as "the year of the 2 knee surgeries," both of course were on me. Best wishes for a minimum of swelling and a quick recovery.

Liz, remember you're not bad, just drawn that way :rolleyes: . 23 is pretty cool for a turkey trot, but you never know this time of year.

Thanks as always for those amazing number Rich. Without you, well we'd be a long way from the 20,000 miles we'll hit some time in December.

I'm sorry about the ankle Kathy, and hope it improves. You can hold your CV fitness with weight work and high intensity biking, so perhaps that PR isn't out of the question. Oddly enough my best 10K ever was done on a dodgy ankle. I spent the 2 weeks before the race pounding hard minutes and miles on a bike, and my quads were quite fit for a high intensity race.

I'm doing fine, or better than fine. I did an 8 miler at 9:09 pace Sunday, precisely what I need to go under 2 hours for the half on January 10. If I can get a bit more distance training and speed work, and a decent day for the race, maybe I'll make it.

Best
Craig

Numbers, yes the numbers....

November 25 - December 1

Miles: 10.36
Time: 1 hour, 2 minutes

The miles include a 5K (double miles) I ran on Thanksgiving Day (Time: 25:01, Pace: 7:52). I missed my PR by 38 seconds.

:wave2: to all of my Rabbit friends!

Craig~ It was great to see you and Martha in NY. We are looking forward to Disney with considerable excitement and good times in mind. Great 8 miler... I am envious. I'll be getting out there soon though!

Howard

December 2 - 7

Miles: 14.0
Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes

Have a great week team!

First, my numbers:

Nov 24-30
Just running
22.8 miles (including a 15K)
4:48

Dec 1-7
Just walking at Disneyland
46.5 miles
44 hours (the park hours)

I came home with a pretty nasty cold but I hope to be able to get back to running and biking soon.

I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Thanksgiving. I hope Blizzard, our Canadian bunny brethren, had as dandy a Thursday as possible! ;)

We just got back today from a ten-day trip to Los Angeles to deal with, I mean to spend time with the in-laws. We had a fantastic time at Disneyland with some good friends for four days in the middle. The crowds were light and we were able to really enjoy the holiday offerings. :santa:

I wore my new Garmin 305 GPS to the parks. At the end of each day, it said I consistently walked between 11-12 miles. I came home and uploaded my settings to my Garmin software and MotionBased website and they say I walked between 15-20 miles each day which seems a bit high. I viewed the satellite maps to check out where we walked and it picked up the movement on the indoor rides. It said it lost signal when I went into Pirates, Small World, etc. but it shows me floating along on the map so that must account for some extra mileage. I'm just using my initial 11-12 miles for my numbers.

Two days before Disneyland, I ran in the XTERRA Topanga Turkey Trot 15K in Topanga State Park. It was my first trail race and it really humbled me! It was part of a trail race series that had a lot of die hard locals running in it. I hadn't even run more than a mile or so off-road so I definitey wasn't very well prepared.

The first thing that caught me off guard was that the first three miles were up hill and gradually climbed from 1200 to 2000 feet. I made it about a mile before I had to start walking. I was very close to my max heart rate and was having a hard time breathing.

I didn't feel too bad as there were countless other people walking that stretch as well. The next two miles were downhill but through a very windy, extremely narrow path through the brush. It was literally only 2' wide and had numerous rocks, potholes, and roots to worry about tripping over. If that wasn't enough, there were low-hanging branches that were beating people up who weren't paying attention or watching their feet.

I was running close behind a nice 70 year old marathoner I had a chance to chat with. I twice saw him unfortunately hit his head hard on thick branches, both times knocking his hat off his head. I quickly learned to duck two seconds after hearing him swear! :lmao:

It was a neat feeling running through these tiny trails through the forest. I sort of felt like I was running from "the monster" in the first season of Lost!

We came back up hill for a bit and then it opened back up to a wide trail again where we climbed back up to 2000' again before a long downhill stretch to the finish.

My legs and arms have quite few scratches from brush but the scratches were nothing compared to the pain I felt in my thighs for the next two days.

I knew I woudn't be able to run this anywhere close to my best pace as I looked at last year's times and saw my average pace would have put me near the top of the list. I ended up finishing at 1:59:04, a 12:47 pace, about 3:00behind my recent half. I felt pretty good about the time though considering I probably walked (or hiked) about 1/3 of the race. I finished 168 out of 201 which isn't too bad for one of the heavier people there who was new to running and never leaves the pavement or treadmill.

As hard as it was, it got me hooked and I'm really eager to do my next trail race. We only have one race near me so I will have to do some traveling to get to one but I'm looking forward to it.

-steve

Airtime always wondered about trail runs. It should dangerous and fun I'll was looking into maybe running one. Congrats on your finish and I'm jealous have been to DL in a while.

Miles for Dec 1-7

Running
52.5 miles
9 hours

biking
130 miles
9.5 hours

Have a great week and be safe out there

P.S Anyone considering either the Nashville or Cincinati half. Trying to decide between the two Cinci 4.5 hour drive Nashville about 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter