Tell me ONE thing you do every trip!

Hubby and I just started adults only Disney this year as our kids are teenagers. We finally get to ride the slow, dark rides! And enjoy the shops, landscaping, and Disney details like the hidden Mickeys.
I LOVE looking for hidden Mickeys. I mean: I really SUCK at it, but I love it. My favorite is gone, I guess -- the Viking in the mural at Norway. Boo!

I LOVE looking for hidden Mickeys. I mean: I really SUCK at it, but I love it. My favorite is gone, I guess -- the Viking in the mural at Norway. Boo!
I didn’t know about that one! Lol. We had so much fun finding the cute little Olafs that were out around Christmas. Aaron showed me Rapunzel’s tower.

The one thing that I absolutely, without fail, do every visit is go home when it's over. Everything else is whatever strikes me at the moment while I'm there.

I didn’t know about that one! Lol. We had so much fun finding the cute little Olafs that were out around Christmas. Aaron showed me Rapunzel’s tower.
I guess the mural was remioved when they put in that Frozen thing at EPCOT where the Norway ride was [haven't been in ages], but there was an itsy-bitsy Viking with Mickey ears. Brilliant!

Planning our next trip and looking for ideas. I haven't been in 6 years and my partner hasn't been in 26 years!!
I just thought of something else: we get fudge on Main Street. You can get pre-packaged fudge a million places at WDW, but the stuff they make fresh on Main Street is ambrosia. The Rocky Road or just the plain fudge ... OMG. I used to buy giant boxes of it & eat half of it while still on vacation - not much made it home! I judge all other fudge by Main Street. In fact, I make a cinnamon fudge to bring to brunches, the office, etc. that is always an enormous hit & I say, "I'm so glad you enjoyed it! But if you REALLY want good fudge...." 😋

I do what ever I want when solo, I love it. Enjoy walking from place to place, shop when I want. I always watch Philarmagic twice, do the trails and safari at AK. Not leaving Disney worn out is the best part of going solo (unless you only go for 2 days) lol.

Eat something Mickey-shaped. Ice cream bar, Rice Krispies treat, waffles, coconut patties, beignets, Goldfish crackers, giant pretzel . . . it is a scientifically verifiable fact* that everything tastes better when it’s shaped like Mickey!

*probably

Last edited:
Eat - create your own popcorn mix from Main Street Confectionary as a snack during fireworks
Ride - buy the ILL at every park
Restaurant - Steakhouse 71 lounge in Contemporary Resort

I get a new magic band, pin, ears and a Christmas ornament to celebrate my trip :love: not that I've had many but....

Eat something Mickey-shaped. Ice cream bar, Rice Krispies treat, waffles, coconut patties, beignets, Goldfish crackers, giant pretzel . . . it is a scientifically verifiable fact* that everything tastes better when it’s shaped like Mickey!

*probably
My mother had to have a Mickey waffle maker & she swore it made them taste better!

My mother had to have a Mickey waffle maker & she swore it made them taste better!

I mean, what is a good taste but electrical signals sent to your brain . . . and the delight you feel at seeing a Mickey-shaped waffle is also electrical signals sent to your brain . . . hence Mickey-shaped waffles do actually taste better.

Eat - Poutine...it's the only place I ever get it
Ride - Avatar: Flight of Passage...unbelievably awesome experience
Restaurant - Baseline Tap House...a simple concept perfected by DHS

I always take time to sit and listen to the music in Epcot. Unwind for just a few minutes and listen. Otherwise, I have to hug Goofy. He gives the best hugs.

Rope Drop Magic Kingdom but wander Main Street and the Hub while everyone else lines up to enter Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

MK: Philharmagic, Sleepy Hollow fruit waffle
AK: Gorilla Falls Trail, Nomad Lounge bread service and strawberry Sprite mocktail
Epcot: Soarin, Festival food booths fancy desserts
HS: Beauty and the Beast show, Funnel cake with soft serve ice cream and Strawberries

MK: Pirates, Peoplemover, Skipper Canteen
AK: Safari, Rainforest Cafe
Epcot: Soarin, School bread
HS: Toy Story Mania!

Last time I was at MK, I took a walk outside the park for a minute to Grand Floridian and back. I was with my (napping) daughter at the time, but man was that relaxing. No one on the trail and still great views. A great minute to step away.

Did something similar at Epcot -- walked out international gateway, down to Boardwalk, and walked the lap a few times. Absolutely will do again. It's a great midday break, and an easy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter