That Foo's Boo Is Incredible!!! - Jan 14 TR *THE END 7/19 Pg. 51*

Back from DLR and ready to read along!!

How in the world do you keep more than one TR going at one time? :eek:

I am not such a fan of warm hugs. I prefer stinky reindeer. ;)

YAY! More TR's from you! :) I applaud you for maintaining more than one at at time! :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Maybe it will make me feel warm from this polar vortex!

So excited to read your trip report! I think I might miss the littles a little bit...but excited to see the new stuff you did!!

Joining in! :cool1:
Can't wait to hear everything and Woo! I'm not the only "adult/child-at-heart" who would be more than ecstatic to take a trip with just my parents!

:welcome:

Glad you're here! I love traveling with my parents. We have two more trips planned for the year together. :thumbsup2

I have no idea about the interpretation of your TR title but I'm here and excited to hear all about it. :)

Hi Brenda!

No worries, I'll reveal the definition soon.

Glad you made it home safe!

I was checking instagram on Saturday and saw that you were in DTD, we had just hopped on the boat to Port Orleans about 5 minutes after you posted!

Awww, really?! That's timing for you, right? :lmao:

Subbing! Now to go back and start reading...:thumbsup2

Edited to add: I agree with those who feel it is a mispronunciation of LeFou's Brew.

:welcome: Glad that you're here.

;)

I somehow always miss the start of your Trs, but I'm here at the beginning for this one! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read how this latest trip went with MagicBands and FP+:goodvibes

No worries! I'm glad you're here!

Long time reader....first time poster, I think. Anyway, excited for another trip report. Your instagram pics are fantastic!:banana:

Well :welcome: then! I used to read all of the time and started posting later.

Thanks so much!

Your family's silliness drew me in instantly! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

We are quite silly. :goodvibes

I'm glad to have you aboard. Yours was actually one of the first TR's I read before I started posting and writing my own.

I'm all buckled in and ready to enjoy the ride!!! :drive:

But I am curious ~ now that you've drove it, was it worth the savings??? :confused:

Yay!

I always look at driving from a cost / value perspective. In this case, we were fine with it, because we were really looking at cost savings with the trip being shorter notice. I do prefer to fly, but if I'm really looking to pinch some pennies, I have no problem driving. It also helps that my Dad loves to drive. My Mom and I never have to get behind the wheel.

Back from DLR and ready to read along!!

How in the world do you keep more than one TR going at one time? :eek:

I am not such a fan of warm hugs. I prefer stinky reindeer. ;)

I honestly don't know sometimes. I think it speaks to why I'm so stinking slow!

Hey hey! Stinky reindeer is pretty good too.

YAY! More TR's from you! :) I applaud you for maintaining more than one at at time! :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Maybe it will make me feel warm from this polar vortex!

Seriously, I'm so ready for this winter to be over, as I am sure you are too! I can't take the sub zero temps anymore. I'm going to go batty! :rotfl2:

So excited to read your trip report! I think I might miss the littles a little bit...but excited to see the new stuff you did!!

I know, it's a different kind of trip without the littles. But I'll try to keep it entertaining. :cool2:

Let's get this show on the road, shall we? Since we were driving this trip, I have a whole lot of NOTHING to talk about before we get to Disney. But I'm one of those people that like's continuity, and I have to tell you the story from the start. No skipping.

I also count stairs that I climb, don't step on cracks, and have to begin walking up stairs starting with my right foot. Scared yet? ;)

Ooooooohhh, and before I start, why don't I put everyone out of their misery and tell you what Foo's Boo is.

For all who guessed that it was mis-pronunciation of LeFou's Brew, you are correct!

And it came from my Mom. I don't know what happened, but you would think that the LeFou's Brew had alcohol in it. Because for the life of her, she couldn't spit the words out.

Mom: Man, that foo's boo is awesome!

Me: The what?

Mom: The foo's boo.

Me: The LE FOU'S BREW?

Mom: Yeah......what was I saying?

Soooooooo, the entire trip, it came to be known as Foo's Boo. And I am now the proud owner of two, count 'em TWO Foo's Boo mugs.

Patent Pending on the name...... Foo's Boo ©

Day 1 - January 17, 2014

"Well That Tasted Like Feet....."

If I truly knew what feet tasted like, I think they would taste like something I ingested on our departure day of Friday January 17, 2014. Let's get to that, shall we?

My entire week was a crazy hectic week that I forever wanted a do-over on. It started nice. I had a plan man! Gym Monday, relax Tuesday, gym Wednesday and then a self-pedicure, Thursday finish packing, and Friday hit the road Jack!

Well it went a little like this.

Monday - Gym
Tuesday - Ka-blammo.
Wednesday - Someone kill me now?
Thursday - Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy me???!?!?!?!?!?!

Without boring anyone with stupid details, we had a lot of issues at my work that needed to be resolved starting Tuesday night, with calls to me around 9pm. Let's just say it took 2 1/2 solid days of working on nothing else but this issue to resolve it.

Not something I wanted to relive.

So when Friday came, I bolted out of bed at 5am with absolutely no problem. My friend Amber, who I work with, was picking me up in the morning to take me to work, so I didn't have to contend with the car situation. All my bags were packed and my Dad had responsibility of those.

Amber showed up promptly at 6:15am and we were off to work. I told her to swing through Dunkin' Donuts so I could get breakfast and buy her something as well. So we swung through and headed into work.

If you guys didn't know already, I lurrrrvvvvveeee Dunkin' Donuts.

I ordered a plain bagel with blueberry cream cheese. It's divine if you haven't tried it before. And I was looking forward to immensely.

Got to work, get started on my project that I'd been working on for what felt like 1/2 my life, and start nomming on my bagel.

Except it tasted a little funny. I though "okay, maybe they got another kind of shmear on it by accident, no worries". Kept eating it. Now it was really tasting icky. And I couldn't figure out why. So I turn the bagel over to examine it and figure out what on earth was going on with this bagel.

And I found it.

A ONION piece......staring me in the face from the bagel.

They gave me............an ONION bagel with blueberry cream cheese.

Wanna know what's grosser than gross? My uncle used to say it was hacking a goober into a jar of mayonnaise. Nope. That's not grosser than gross. An onion bagel with blueberry cream cheese. That's the winner of that prize.

For all things good in this world, do yourself a favor and don't try it. Even if you're tempted.

That put a damper on my already bad week though. It was the blueberry icing atop the onion cake.

The good news is, the day went by super fast because of this issue I was still working on. On top of that, I had to give deliverables to my team and reiterate t0 them what they needed to accomplish while I was out of the office. And I was able to be ready to leave at 2:30pm. :laundy:

And, good parents that they are, my Mom and Dad stopped through Dunkin' Donuts (obsessed, remember?) and got me a salted caramel hot chocolate. Now THAT my friends, does not taste like feet and I highly recommend it. Dunkin' has the best hot chocolate on the planet.

After that, we hit the road!

And somehow allowed Yeti to drive.

That's okay, he seemed to be driving fairly straight.

Bye bye Chicago! You're so cold and gloomy.

Let's just say the ride was uneventful. We made it to Matoon (ma-really), and decided to pull through what happened to be the SLOWEST KFC drive through ever. I think we spent like 25 minutes in this drive through. I think they were like plucking the chickens themselves or something.

Best invention ever though? These KFC Go Cups. Literally, for $2.49, you get fries and two honking pieces of chicken. Dinner for the three of us was like $8. No joke.

Yeti enjoyed the chicken too. I mean, it was tasty. I'm normally not a KFC fan (I'm much more of a Popeye's girl myself. It's the bomb-diggity), but this was pretty good.

We're in the drive thru, and I'm chatting with Mom about the obscene quantity of food she packed. See, we thought we would bring some basics along. Oatmeal for breakfasts, bread, peanut butter, jelly, and a few snacks.

My Mom brought:

Oatmeal, 24 hard boiled eggs, 12 jif peanut butter to go cups, a full jar of peanut butter, jelly, carrots, celery, peanuts, little smokies, Oke Doke popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, 6 giant water bottles, microwave popcorn, chocolate....and a turkey....not really, but she may have well brought a turkey.

What was missing?

Bread. For the sandwiches we planned on eating on the road the following day.

Pit stop at a Walgreens at that point to pick up a loaf of bread.

Pit stop.....

NOW we were on the road again. And I pretty much spent the rest of the ride that evening watching Gilmore Girls season 1 on DVD. I miss that show. Man, that was the best!

It was the perfect way to pass the time. Around 10:30pm we started looking for a hotel. We prefer Hampton Inn for our stops. They have nice beds. And they're consistently clean and not super expensive.

We ended up driving all the way to Nashville / Smyrna and stopped around 11:30pm. We made it pretty far I have to say. My Dad is a great driver, he'll just keep going. But Mom was pretty tired at this point.

Yeti was looking longingly inside hoping we would get a bed.

It was time for bed at this point, but not before I share with you a funny story. And this may be TMI for some, but I'm going with it!

My Popadon is famous for many things. Especially on the DIS. And my family, we're not embarrassed by anything. I was not raised to be a super girlie girl, even though you may think so based on my love of makeup and stuff. But we were raised with the mantra of: everybody poops. And everybody farts. And it's funny. And my Pop. He's the king of that.

So we all hit the pillow and you know when you feel like you don't sleep, but you actually did and like hours go by? I thought I had just closed my eyes. In reality, it was 5am at this point.

And my Dad, in his sleep..........

Ppppppppooooooooooooooootttttttttttttt.

Mom: Are you okay?!

Me: *cracking up deliriously*

Dad: Mmmmfffff fine.

Me: Why did you ask him if he was okay?

Mom: Because it didn't sound like his normal sleep fart!

Me: What, were you afraid he was dying and it was his final fart escaping from his body.

That's my family folks. Get used to it.

And the worst part of it? We had to get up at 6am to hit the road again, and now I'm all wound up, cracking up about a poot and I'm afraid I won't fall back to sleep.

Spoiler alert? I didn't.....

Up next: I color!

Editor's note: Sorry it was such a wordy update, but I wanted to get it all out of the way.

ok, so I laughed out loud like at least twice so I think that constitute a good update (note: still laughing about the concept of a "normal sleep fart")

I miss Gilmore Girls too ... also Bunheads, which was like Gilmore Girls with a bit more pressure, and for some reason only lasted one season

and for those of you keeping score at home (and who isn't?) I was way off on what the thread title was referring too

Now way! I love wordy updates!! :goodvibes

Sounds like an awful week, but the best part to come out of is the sweetness of knowing you are going to Disney! :banana:

I bet it made you appreciate your trip all that much more. :lovestruc

Oh, and I was right about what foo's boo was. I thought it had to be that more than anything else that was coming up for me.

And I agree with pposter, Gilmore Girls rocked and so did Bunheads. I hate that it only lasted two seasons. :confused3
The writing was well done, not as good as GMG, but still good. Hopefully they will come up with something else to write together. :thumbsup2

At least going to Disney makes up for a stressful week!

Yes to the friends gif! one of the All-time best TV shows!

and HAHAHAHAHAHAHA The fart joke was hilarious :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:worship::worship::worship:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are off to a great start.

I need a map. I want to figure out how you got to Nashville so quick. Excuse me while I go check my US geography.

Didn't you know that EVERY KFC on the road is SUPER SLOW. Especially the ones that are combined with another FF joint like Taco Bell. Just SO SLOW. :faint:

So, yeah, thanks for sharing the fart story! :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for both Gilmore Girls and Bunheads! I tried watching Parenthood just for Lauren Graham, but couldn't get into it.

:rotfl2: about the sleep fart.

Never fails, right before a vacation things get crazy hectic. :sad2: Least it didn't prevent you from leaving on time...

Ew, onions and blueberry cream cheese? That sounds awful. You have to wonder if the Dunkin Donut's worker thought about what a strange combo that was when they were preparing the order. I think if it was me, I would've doubled checked, because I don't know a soul who would think that would taste appealing. :sick:

This is why I love your tr's so much, even an update with like, 2 pictures is hilarious and perfect!

Crappy that your week prior to disney was so crappy!! AND WHY DOES DUNKIN EVEN HAVE ONION BAGELS?!? TIM's totally doesn't have those, they've got the regular and delicious ones! Lol. eeewwwww

Again, letting yeti drive seems a little sketchy to me, bahaha!

Hilarity at it's best, I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep again after that either, especially if I knew we were on our way to Disney! :banana:

Excited for more!!

Oh Yeah... I also don't step on cracks AND start stairs with my right foot. You can't be too careful.

"THAT TASTES LIKE FEET!!!" :rotfl: OMG I remember that like it was yesterday. But I REALLY enjoy the outtakes of that scene. TOO FUNNY!!

Trust me, I would never eat an onion bagel EVER.

While it sucks that your week well, sucked, doesn't that make leaving for Disney all that much better?? I know it would for me!!

Good God the hilarity that is your family. :rotfl2:

Yay! I guessed right! Lol Foo's Boo. I'm picturing Mr. T. "I pity the Foo's boo!" If I weren't on my iPad I'd totally find you a gif of that.
I think it's like a thing... You can't just ease into vacation. You have to really, really want it! You have to need it! You have to be scrambling to get the work done on time for it!
Onion bagel with blueberry cream cheese. Oh dear lord! That's just yucky!
Sounds like you guys had a good first day of travel! I had a good chuckle about the normal sleep fart. Now I'm going to have to ponder that for the rest of the day... What is normal? :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ewww an onion bagel with jam - yuck!!

And OMG too funny about the fart, what's even funnier though is your Mom knows what his different farts sound like :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter