The dad's panel???

baseballmickey

DDC #644
Just putting this out there for any of you guys that might be interested. I have applied for the Panel the past two years, making it to the second of three rounds last year.

What is the panel? The short answer is that it's people who volunteer their time to answer questions about WDW and planning trips to WDW via a website set up by Disney. (supposedly panelists are compensated for this work with a trip for 4 to WDW)

How do you apply? Well, the past couple of years I did it, they had an application you filled out online. Aside from your basic info, they asked a few questions to weed out people from the next round. Some were yes or no questions, some true or false. Other questions were essay types with word limits. Example: in 200 words or less, tell us your favorite WDW resort and why?

Last year they introduced specializations such as DL, rundisney, DVC, and DCL panelists. So they will ask you which you want to apply for. From the info below, there are some new specializations.

They will require that you took a disney trip recently, (within the past year??)

If you answer the objective questions correctly, and they like your essay answers, you can make it to Round 2. Last year, this happened a month later, and in addition to a couple of essay questions about advice to give first timers and whatnot, I had to record a video of myself sharing my favorite WDW memory.

If I had made it to round 3, I would have been interviewed over the phone.

The whole process takes until about the end of november, when they announce the panelists and then arrange for those new panelists to attend "training" down in WDW.

The application dates have not officially been announced on the site, but someone in the community board posted this:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5120350-Apply-for-the-Disney-2013-Moms-Panel-9-10-9-14

"Apply for the Disney 2013 Moms Panel 9/10-9/14
Have a passion for planning Disney Vacations? ¿Habla español y le gusta vacaciones de Disney? Apply for the 2013 Moms Panel this September!

Mark your calendar! Disney Parks will launch the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search this September, inviting anyone with a passion for Disney vacations to apply for a spot on the panel. Learn more at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/

New for this year, Disney Parks is seeking a first-ever Sports Team Mom. The best match for this position will have experience planning team travel to ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex and know how to combine athletics with a dash of Pixie Dust for a fun-filled family vacation.

Disney is also seeking bilingual panelists and international travelers who have experienced Disney vacations around the world to share their smarts on the site.

The Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online resource for families planning a Disney vacation, offering insights and advice from real Disney fans who are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with others.

Interested? Apply September 10-14 at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/

I know there's a couple of other DDC members who've applied. I think there was even a dad on the panel who was a registered member of our little club (though i don't think I've ever seen him post here since I joined)

Anyone else want to give it a shot?? If the dates are to be believed, the application will post to their site on monday, and probably be up all week long before they close it. (they say they'll close it earlier if it reaches so many applicants, but that didn't happen the last two years)

Just figured I'd throw it out there. If it isn't me, I'd love to see one of you guys do it!

Thanks for info. I'm not pretty enough for a video, do I know they wouldn't pick me.

The last couple years my wife said I should try this, but when I look at the dates they go for training I just can't get off or I can and my wife and son have school:confused3, Also I told here being a Commando I would probably be labeled as a target for the rest of the panel, since I have a aggressive planning nature, and most people asking questions might be newbies:confused3

I keep telling my wife that one day Disney will contact me and want my view on how to improve things:confused3 Man, if I could get a 2 year (good paying) job with Disney and they were willing to listen and maybe try a few of my ideas I think I would have a good career with Disney, and they would make a ton of $ :confused3

Thanks for info. I'm not pretty enough for a video, do I know they wouldn't pick me.

i suppose you could always hire an actor for your video and then after you get picked and you show up in person, just say you "had a little work done". :rotfl2:

The last couple years my wife said I should try this, but when I look at the dates they go for training I just can't get off or I can and my wife and son have school:confused3, Also I told here being a Commando I would probably be labeled as a target for the rest of the panel, since I have a aggressive planning nature, and most people asking questions might be newbies:confused3

I keep telling my wife that one day Disney will contact me and want my view on how to improve things:confused3 Man, if I could get a 2 year (good paying) job with Disney and they were willing to listen and maybe try a few of my ideas I think I would have a good career with Disney, and they would make a ton of $ :confused3

I think I would suddenly become "sick" and call out of work for those days, if need be.

how many times have we all said that to ourselves?? "If only Disney would listen to ME?"

baseballmickey said:
I think I would suddenly become "sick" and call out of work for those days, if need be.

how many times have we all said that to ourselves?? "If only Disney would listen to ME?"

haha... I think I feel a cold coming on. I glanced at the program last year when RunDisney was recruiting to fill the mom panel spot. I may look again.
I think we should ask Disney to get a Moms panel DisDad and then we could just pass the torch around with in this group.

I looked last year maybe I will look again.
I know a few dads that are planing trips with their families or kids and would rather hear it from us then a mom.

I think it would be great to have a permit ate DisDad position on the moms panel to help those dads that would rather talk to a dad than a "Mom" when planing their trip. We have a great community here and I think one of us on the panel would be a great accent to the panel.
I will have to look again this year and see I it fits my schedule.

Great all of my responses posted, it kept timing out and not showing when I return to the post.
Sorry for the triple post.

I needed to edit this because the iPhone App double posted my reply.

All About You

When was your last vacation to Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort?

Do you work in an industry or engage in activities mentioned above that would pose a conflict of interest with or would benefit from your participation on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel or that would potentially or appear to be in conflict with or be damaging to Disney family friendly brand? *See Eligibility RequirementsPlease selectYesNo

Are you 18 years or older?Please select YesNo

Are you fluent in any language other than English. Check all that apply.
Chinese
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Polish
Portuguese
Spanish
Vietnamese
Other:

Disney Knowledge

Where did the attraction "It's a Small World" debut before making its home in Disney Parks?
Disneyland Resort
The 1964 Olympic Games held in Tokyo, Japan
Before a "The Wonderful World of Disney" movie telecast with an announcement by Walt Disney
The 1964 World's Fair held in New York City
During a town fair in Marceline, Missouri

Ariel has attractions at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. Name her sisters.Please select
Aaliyah, Adalia, Adine, Aleta, Alethea, Aldora
Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, Alana
Adria, Abela, Alexandra, Alisa, Anastasia, Althea
Alyssa, Allegra, Adianca, Abigail, Airlia, Ailsa
Andromeda, Ada, Alina, Amara, Amber, Andrea
Annabelle, Angelica, Ariana, Armilla, Athena, Aurelia
Augusta, Antonia, Astra, Astrid, Antoinette, Anthea

Who is Margaret Kerry?Please select
The voice of Cinderella in the Disney movie of the same name released in 1950
The wife of Walt Disney (before she changed her last name)
The artist's model for the character of Tinker Bell
The first female Imagineer on Walt Disney's early team

What are the first names of the Sherman Brothers?Please select
Thomas B. and Harold L.
Ellis, Bailey and Rupert
Richard and Robert
Felix and Beauregard

Disney Planning

In 100 words or less, tell us about your own Disney Park planning experience and how you help others plan.

I am interested in being considered to be a panelist for (choose one below). I represent that I have experience with this vacation product.
Walt Disney World Resort
Disney Cruise Line
Aulani/Adventures by Disney
Disney Vacation Club
Disneyland Resort
runDisney
ESPN Wide World of Sports Competitions

Your Pixie Dust

Where do you recommend parents go for formula and other baby needs while on vacation at Walt Disney World Resort?Please select
First aid stations at the four theme parks
The Guest Relations area near the lockers at each theme park
Baby Care Centers at the theme parks
The Transportations and Ticket Center

Out of the list below, which attraction is found at Walt Disney World Resort?Please select
Big Thunder Railroad
Mickey's Philharmonic
Space Mountain
Main Street Electrical Neon Parade

How would you recommend a guest staying at Disney's Boardwalk Resort looking to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios?Please select
Disney's horse drawn carriages
The Walt Disney World Railroad
Take the boat or walkway
Take the resort's bus to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then a 5 minute walk to the theme park

When did you first learn about the Walt Disney World Moms Panel?Please select
choices range from 1971-2012.

What ingredient makes the Dole Whip so special?Please select
Whipped cream
Strawberries
Pineapple
Soft serve ice cream

Wow, yeah I'm out and if I peruse travel agent on the side I am out for good so carry on and make the DidDads proud. I still think Disney should give DidDads there own Mom panelist.

i suppose you could always hire an actor for your video and then after you get picked and you show up in person, just say you "had a little work done". :rotfl2:
?"

Well, DW told me to submit an application so I did yesterday. I won't make it to the video, so not much to worry about.

I've applied every year, and never made it past round 1. I (foolishly) applied for the runDisney one this year - and I know that I won't get it. I'm fairly certain that my last runDisney event is too far in the past, and the marathon in 2013 won't count. Plus, it's the Moms Panel, and runDisney seems to be more and more focused on female runners.

SAHDad said:
I've applied every year, and never made it past round 1. I (foolishly) applied for the runDisney one this year - and I know that I won't get it. I'm fairly certain that my last runDisney event is too far in the past, and the marathon in 2013 won't count. Plus, it's the Moms Panel, and runDisney seems to be more and more focused on female runners.

I have to agree with that, I hope they have more for men in the coming years. Maybe RunDisney could do a prince run.

I have to agree with that, I hope they have more for men in the coming years. Maybe RunDisney could do a prince run.

I don't think they will ever do anything tailored specifically for men. I think MW, the DL Half, EE Challenge and Wine and Dine are all gender neutral but the primary shirts are mens fit and so I'd guess they count them as mens events.

I am trying to get DW to run the princess in 2013 and will run it with her as a prince if she runs.

IamTrike said:
I don't think they will ever do anything tailored specifically for men. I think MW, the DL Half, EE Challenge and Wine and Dine are all gender neutral but the primary shirts are mens fit and so I'd guess they count them as mens events.

I am trying to get DW to run the princess in 2013 and will run it with her as a prince if she runs.

True, but I can dream, good luck with DW. Finally got mine to join me for ToT and W&D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter