The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

50 inches of rain, no thank you. Now, 50 inches of snow, :thumbsup2
Everyone down in the Houston area be safe.

Last night I replaced the hard drive in my old Lenovo laptop during the Bama-Florida State game. The unit is 5 years old and although the hard drive was still functioning, it was on old Seagate with disk and arms that would crank, grind, and hum as it booted up each time. Starting it each time meant turning it on then walking away for a while as it did its thing. Mechanical drives will eventually fail and it was only a matter of time.

Replaced it with a larger solid state drive (500GB) and life is good now. The Samsung drive I got came with a cloning program that copied over a duplicate of the data on the old drive. Pretty sweet arrangement.

Bama Ed

Replaced it with a larger solid state drive (500GB) and life is good now. The Samsung drive I got came with a cloning program that copied over a duplicate of the data on the old drive. Pretty sweet arrangement.
Nice. I bought a new laptop at Christmas and gave my old one to Ian. The old one was about 5 years old. It was nice (AMD A8), but 5 year old hardware and Windows 10 weren't a great combination. It took about 3 minutes to boot. My new one is a 7th Gen I7 with a 512G SSD. It cold boots in 34 seconds.

Have fun with yours.

j

Not sure when google updates their maps. I seen one of the google maps cars go by a location that I was at a few weeks ago and I keep checking if it has been updated, not yet.

Not sure when google updates their maps. I seen one of the google maps cars go by a location that I was at a few weeks ago and I keep checking if it has been updated, not yet.

Oh cool! Update if you see yourself.

Tomorrow, Frank (Born 2 Fish) is having shoulder surgery. Please keep a good thought/prayer for him. I'll update on him tomorrow afternoon.

He won't be able to fish...

That's horrible!

Rotator cuff?

He must have been casting with a little bit of a sidearm delivery when he should have been coming more over the top. A torn rotator cuff can cleaned up but at least it's not Tommy John surgery. With the cuff surgery he should have a little more zip on his worm and get an extra bounce or two on his hot dog chunk.

Make sure he does all his therapy, Denise. I want his sinker cast to be as good as it was before surgery.

Bama Ed

PS - <jk> good luck to him

He must have been casting with a little bit of a sidearm delivery when he should have been coming more over the top. A torn rotator cuff can cleaned up but at least it's not Tommy John surgery. With the cuff surgery he should have a little more zip on his worm and get an extra bounce or two on his hot dog chunk.

Make sure he does all his therapy, Denise. I want his sinker cast to be as good as it was before surgery.

Bama Ed

PS - <jk> good luck to him

:rotfl2::lmao:

Yes, rotator cuff tendon is ripped. Also gonna clean out some spurs. 3 months of PT 2 times a week, starting on Monday.

And if he has a very cute lady PT, he might want to add a 4th month of PT - just to be sure he recovers, I mean. :rolleyes:

Better safe than sorry that is.

He'll be good as new when spring is sprung in a couple months.

You know I'm illiterate on the whole fishing subject so I'll just say "best wishes".

Bama ED

Surgery done. All went well. There was more damage than the MRI showed. He has a numbing catheter and is resting now. They gave him a man purse to carry his numbing meds around. LOL.

His PT person is named Mike. WHEW!

Thanks for the updates, Denise. If he hasn't been through a rotator cuff before, the first few days/weeks are going to be pretty miserable. I haven't had it, but have had many patients and friends that have. One of my staff just had his 2nd one (opposite arm) done a month ago. Pain meds and PT, when it's time, are the key.

Here's well wishes for Frank and lots of patience for you.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter