• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

It should be reported to Disney since they are using their logo etc. I'm glad I checked before I bought anything.

Anyone who has ordered the past couple of days...are your new orders showing in order history on shopDisney? Neither one of mine are, but I did get the confirmation email both times.

You and me both. Those dresses sold out really quick and I’m afraid the site couldn’t keep up.

I ordered mine minutes after they were first released on the site at 3am est. if it’s cancelled I’m going to be maaaad (the new haunted mansion dress shop dress that is)

Anyone who has ordered the past couple of days...are your new orders showing in order history on shopDisney? Neither one of mine are, but I did get the confirmation email both times.
Mine are not either. ☹
Update: I did order some dominoes and while they are not showing on the site, I got an email saying it shipped sooo hope that means things won’t get canceled ...

Last edited:

Attachments

• E399B459-3386-4F14-9636-1252EE51AA7C.jpeg
    E399B459-3386-4F14-9636-1252EE51AA7C.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 34A74996-5F9A-488F-B346-0C7830A5B0B6.jpeg
    34A74996-5F9A-488F-B346-0C7830A5B0B6.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 61F850AF-6487-49E2-812F-98B4A5E2242A.jpeg
    61F850AF-6487-49E2-812F-98B4A5E2242A.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 29
Too bad we can’t have a sub sub thread for pictures LOL! I have a question for those of you who have made your halter dresses into straps. Did you just do a straight line from the front to back or did you angle them slightly? I went to do mine but since I’m not totally confident in my sewing skills i didn’t commit. When I pinned mine straight the strap didn’t lay flat. I wasn’t sure if it was because I just had it pinned or if that’s what would happened. 🤔

Correct - straight they do not lay flat, even angled a bit they dont. I wanted an easy alteration, so I angled mine as much as possible and am ok with the small bump. To get them to lay flat you have to cross them in the back I think, which requires (to me) adding buttons and button holes (or really good hooks?) which was beyond my talents or means.

Or you have to open the dress where the straps starts and adjust there.......*yikes* @FoxC63 could do it though.

Correct - straight they do not lay flat, even angled a bit they dont. I wanted an easy alteration, so I angled mine as much as possible and am ok with the small bump. To get them to lay flat you have to cross them in the back I think, which requires (to me) adding buttons and button holes (or really good hooks?) which was beyond my talents or means.

Or you have to open the dress where the straps starts and adjust there.......*yikes* @FoxC63 could do it though.
Buttons are super easy for me for some reason. That’s what I was going to try actually. I’ve made some very simple shirts and skirts and altered my pants, but just couldn’t pull the trigger on the dress. I wish sewing had an undo button like Excel does LOL!:rotfl2:

Too bad we can’t have a sub sub thread for pictures LOL! I have a question for those of you who have made your halter dresses into straps. Did you just do a straight line from the front to back or did you angle them slightly? I went to do mine but since I’m not totally confident in my sewing skills i didn’t commit. When I pinned mine straight the strap didn’t lay flat. I wasn’t sure if it was because I just had it pinned or if that’s what would happened. 🤔
Here is how I did mine. I put on the dress and tucked the halter so is sat over my shoulders where I wanted. To fix the angle I first tucked and stitched the front. *ETA: I stitched under the front flap so the stitch is hidden. Hope that makes sense. :)
95664F27-1BAF-42F1-B865-7687E69EA3DD.jpeg

Notice the slight angle? That straightened the strap. I then put it back on, lined up the straps and had DH pull tight and pin for me. Then I stitched the back.7A959D17-390A-40E2-BD92-BA895C5800E9.jpeg

I still haven’t committed to cutting anything. LOL. You don’t notice them when tucked. :)

B93D8CBC-571B-4504-8187-5791FA6A73C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is how I did mine. I put on the dress and tucked the halter so is sat over my shoulders where I wanted. To fix the angle I first tucked and stitched the front.
View attachment 518115

Notice the slight angle? That straightened the strap. I then put it back on, lined up the straps and had DH pull tight and pin for me. Then I stitched the back.View attachment 518117

I still haven’t committed to cutting anything. LOL. You don’t notice them when tucked. :)

View attachment 518118

Very clever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter