***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Had our first stay here. One bedroom value at Jambo. Amazing resort. If get the time, be out at a savannah viewing area just before sunrise (6:30am for my trip) for all the animal interactions as gets light. Noticed it’s quiet and peaceful. The theme music turned on at 8:00am.
The walk between Jambo to Kidani is short distance between Jambo entrance and the ‘Zazu’ elevator of Kidani. Take elevator to 2nd (lobby floor). Walk the south trail, being air conditioned and with savannah viewing windows along the way.
Took a walk all the way up the north trail hallway too, to experience the distance. Viewing windows were great. That Pembe savannah may be the hidden gem. I’d love to have a room there. The Okapi, large vultures and many other animals. Went up to 5th floor for the walk back toward the lobby for those upper views. Great viewing up there at the ‘north’ elevators where you go back down to the lobby.
Kidani community center is as good or better as OKW. TV area, tables and games, pool table, foosball, computer station, plus a full length balcony overlooking the savannah.
When staying must experience the restaurants and amazing food. We had dinner at Jiko, a lunch at Sanaa, and did the morning Boma buffet. (Had the Boma dinner last visit staying at OKW).
Along that Jambo value villas, pool side wing, at midway point, is a single elevator, you can take to 1st floor with quick access to the pool area.

Had our first stay here. One bedroom value at Jambo. Amazing resort. If get the time, be out at a savannah viewing area just before sunrise (6:30am for my trip) for all the animal interactions as gets light. Noticed it’s quiet and peaceful. The theme music turned on at 8:00am.
The walk between Jambo to Kidani is short distance between Jambo entrance and the ‘Zazu’ elevator of Kidani. Take elevator to 2nd (lobby floor). Walk the south trail, being air conditioned and with savannah viewing windows along the way.
Took a walk all the way up the north trail hallway too, to experience the distance. Viewing windows were great. That Pembe savannah may be the hidden gem. I’d love to have a room there. The Okapi, large vultures and many other animals. Went up to 5th floor for the walk back toward the lobby for those upper views. Great viewing up there at the ‘north’ elevators where you go back down to the lobby.
Kidani community center is as good or better as OKW. TV area, tables and games, pool table, foosball, computer station, plus a full length balcony overlooking the savannah.
When staying must experience the restaurants and amazing food. We had dinner at Jiko, a lunch at Sanaa, and did the morning Boma buffet. (Had the Boma dinner last visit staying at OKW).
Along that Jambo value villas, pool side wing, at midway point, is a single elevator, you can take to 1st floor with quick access to the pool area.
I'm so excited for the refurb to happen. Jambo 1BR values as AKV owners is going to be amazing once they drop those sofa beds and put in some murphy's. Amazing theming, no 5 stop internal bus loop, low point charts, the only real negative is the lack of park proximity but I think that's easily overcome by the other pros of the resort.

For the refurb, are they starting in Kidani or Jambo house. I thought I say something about them starting at Kidani first???

I'm so excited for the refurb to happen. Jambo 1BR values as AKV owners is going to be amazing once they drop those sofa beds and put in some murphy's. Amazing theming, no 5 stop internal bus loop, low point charts, the only real negative is the lack of park proximity but I think that's easily overcome by the other pros of the resort.
The busses are a big deal for some people and it is nice to be able to walk to your room for sure rather than relying upon transportation, but for me personally that concern is overblown. Sure, it takes a bit of time to get around to the parks, but the busses have been great for us so far and dedicated busses going to AKV on a regular schedule makes them pretty easy to deal with. Everything else about AKV makes up for the transportation for me for sure.

That community hall with the arcade across from it was the main reason why I always stayed in Kidani over Jambo as my kids were growing up. There were days we'd spend most of the day at the resort, and we burn easy so staying at the pool was out of the question. My kids could camp out in the community hall making buttons or playing video games for hours. It was always the first and last place they hit every trip.

DVC at Animal Kingdom Villas seems focused on Kidani Village. Currently when looking for DVC merchandise, it was available only in the Kidani gift shop. This shirt can be found there. (Was $29.99 before discount).IMG_2700.jpeg

If the planned Animal Kingdom Villas refurbishment is executed similarly to the recently completed Boulder Ridge Villas refurbishment, then we will be delighted. The accents, carpeting, and wallpaper in their villas keep true to the theming of the resort. When walking into the villa, the Pacific Northwest design cues are apparent.

Do we know when they have the refurbishments of the DVC villas at Kidani and Jambo scheduled? I know 2025, but I don't know when. Will they do Kidani and Jambo at the same time? Has anyone noticed blocks of rooms being taken out of service? We are hoping to stay at Jambo in March 2025.

The busses are a big deal for some people and it is nice to be able to walk to your room for sure rather than relying upon transportation, but for me personally that concern is overblown. Sure, it takes a bit of time to get around to the parks, but the busses have been great for us so far and dedicated busses going to AKV on a regular schedule makes them pretty easy to deal with. Everything else about AKV makes up for the transportation for me for sure.
It's really not that bad of a bus ride to Epcot/HS. The only one that's kind of long is MK but it's really not bad and can act as a nice break in the middle of the day. Then you add the food and savanna *chefs kiss*

Do we know when they have the refurbishments of the DVC villas at Kidani and Jambo scheduled? I know 2025, but I don't know when. Will they do Kidani and Jambo at the same time? Has anyone noticed blocks of rooms being taken out of service? We are hoping to stay at Jambo in March 2025.
I haven't heard anything so if they keep it for 2025 I have a feeling it'll be later in the year but who knows. I hope I'm wrong and they get it done early but I doubt it.

Just booked a 5-night stay at Kadani in October 2024. We haven't stayed here in years. How far of a walk is Kadani to the main building?

Just booked a 5-night stay at Kadani in October 2024. We haven't stayed here in years. How far of a walk is Kadani to the main building?
It depends where you are at Kidani. If you take the Kidani lobby as a starting point, which is about the middle of the Kidani building, it's a 10-minute walk to the Jambo lobby (approx 0.4 miles). There are sections beyond the main building (those by the Pumba and Rafiki elevators) that are longer. There are sections nearer to Jambo (those by the Timone and Zazu elevators) that are shorter. Enjoy your stay - amazing resort!

Be aware there is bus that runs continuously day and evening between the front entrances of Kidani and Jambo. As noted for walking it depends on where your room is. The Kidani building end to end is near 2/3 mile long. Front entrance Kidani to front entrance Jambo is close 1/2 mile, but if you have an end room on the north wing of Kidani (front entrance faces west, pool and Pembe savanna are outside the north wing), it is about 1/3 mile just to get to the lobby. If you are on the south wing, not close to the lobby, you can go to the Zazu elevator (last one on the south wing), take it to bottom, garage floor, and walk from there to Jambo lobby, which is only about 1/4 mile.

Hi. Which Savannah is the best to request while staying jambo DVC? Arusha Savanna or Sunset?

Thanks
Jambo is shaped like a horseshoe - in the aerial below it’s labeled Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Arusha is the savanna in the middle of the horseshoe & savanna view villas on both Kudu & Zebra trail overlook Arusha savanna.
Sunset is the savanna on the left of the horseshoe (sort of west) & villas overlooking Sunset savanna are on Kudu trail. Sunset is the largest savanna, but because of the design of Jambo most Kudu trail Sunset view villas overlook part but not all of the savanna.
You don’t mention it, but there’s a 3rd savanna at Jambo - the one on the right side of the horseshoe (sort of east) beyond the pool on Zebra trail called Uzima savanna, it’s actually the same size as Arusha savanna.
Which animals are located where depends on husbandry needs & changes through time.
These days, I personally don’t think there’s a ‘best’ savanna, the animals roam throughout their savanna & you’ll not see animals 24/7 from any villa, it very much depends on how often you look, the routines of the animals, & where on the savanna your villa is located. The 3 savannas you can see from Jambo - Sunset, Arusha, & Uzima - all have giraffes, usually have @ least a pair of zebras, etc..
IMG_0085.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter