The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Anybody currently at Riveria that can look to see which refillable mugs are currently being sold? We have a couple skyliner ones and a couple pink star wars ones.

If you place a mobile order in MDE app, you can see the cups they have available. For the metal cup, they just had the Star Wars one.

This is great to know. First time ever I have heard this about a Disney hotel lol. I just got a new 5G phone so hoping it's fast enough. I did not know about having multiple people try to make boarding groups - I may do that. My wife and I both have MDE so we've got at least two devices to try from.

I didn't even think to ask, but since could only get a "standard view" villa (and no one on You Tube ever shows you tours of the standard views) is there anything we should request in that category prior to check in ? I generally like higher floors and quiet. I used to scan all of the Touring Plans room layouts before a trip and request specific rooms lol ... I'm getting more casual in my old age.

Note that I had new iPhone 12 with 5G and was on data trying to get the boarding group. And was unsuccessful and had “practiced” from home the most of my family members as an avid follower of the BG thread. My daughter with the iPhone 11 on Wi-Fi was faster - getting BGs 5and 7 On our two days. We had all people logged into my MDE. Oon their phones, two of the people using Wi-Fi and two using data. I recommend looking at the speedtest in Google to compare Wi-Fi and data downloading speeds. We found Wi-Fi faster almost every time we tested. In the parks it is slower in general, but not in our room at The Riv. Even with my 5G phone. Nonetheless we wanted to try for BGs both ways to be on the safe side. And the teenager on wifi beat the older teenager and mom on data.

Good luck!

We requested a courtyard view but we had a preferred view room so that was something more important to me than the floor/location. Elevators on the skyliner side are less crowded without the Topolinos guests so that is a preferred location IMO. Nonetheless we got eighth floor, 8846, which we loved as it provides a lovely vantage of the resort, lake, sunset, etc.

compare Wi-Fi and data downloading speeds

I haven't read through all the threads but I personally thing PING is more important than download. I can't imagine much data is being sent so with needing to click "join" two times I would go with whatever has a quicker ping. Makes sense that Wifi would beat 5G if the Wifi is not congested.

In order to get accurate measurement of Ping I am not sure you can do it on a phone though other than generic ping to a random server but you would want the Ping to the Disney server that does boarding groups.

We requested a courtyard view but we had a preferred view room so that was something more important to me than the floor/location.

Thanks for the wifi tips - we will test it out a bit before our "DHS Day". They bumped our arrival day flights so we aren't going to even get to DHS until about 1pm ... so we're just basically using that day to walk around and do all the little things we like there. We haven't even seen Galaxy's Edge yet, so just walking around checking it out will be fun. Kind of nice to have no pressure to do anything specific.

As for the view, how do you request a specific location / view ? I know with a Standard View we're pretty limited, but if that's the case, I'd at least prefer to be up high somewhere ... just in case we've got 10 minutes to relax on the balcony. Getting very excited ... got to get out of this house soon or we're all going to go crazy.

Just wanted to join the group. My husband and I visited Riviera back in Feb and loved the resort, and have wanted to buy in ever since. We finally decided to take the plunge last week and purchase 125 points. We already own VGC and Poly so we aren't new to DVC. It's a beautiful resort and we love the skyliner! We think the skyliner is Disney's best system of transportation.

I am looking to book a studio next Nov or Dec. The standard view rooms seem to get taken quickly. Do you need to be on at 8am EST (5am here in California!) to get a standard studio? Are the view rooms worth it? What do you have a view of? I generally don't get view rooms because we don't spend that much time in the room. Thanks!

Just wanted to join the group. My husband and I visited Riviera back in Feb and loved the resort, and have wanted to buy in ever since. We finally decided to take the plunge last week and purchase 125 points. We already own VGC and Poly so we aren't new to DVC. It's a beautiful resort and we love the skyliner! We think the skyliner is Disney's best system of transportation.

I am looking to book a studio next Nov or Dec. The standard view rooms seem to get taken quickly. Do you need to be on at 8am EST (5am here in California!) to get a standard studio? Are the view rooms worth it? What do you have a view of? I generally don't get view rooms because we don't spend that much time in the room. Thanks!

Welcome home. I think you should be on as early as possible to book a studio for that time of year. As for the views, take a look at the link below. Standard view can be pretty stunning as well.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/

Honestly right now for the room views its:

Preferred - You know you will have a view of green and blue (grass and water) it could be of the pool area, of the promenade, or of the beach

Standard - You know you will be overlooking the parking lot (although its a nice looking one) and your evening view is likely to include a view to see Epcot

I haven't read through all the threads but I personally thing PING is more important than download. I can't imagine much data is being sent so with needing to click "join" two times I would go with whatever has a quicker ping. Makes sense that Wifi would beat 5G if the Wifi is not congested.

In order to get accurate measurement of Ping I am not sure you can do it on a phone though other than generic ping to a random server but you would want the Ping to the Disney server that does boarding groups.

Yep - that works for a more complex option to do a comparison/check, but it’s quick and easy to do a speed test so I recommended that. If you wish, you can also download the ping app and test this server - we found wifi was faster on this from the Riv as well. The server to check your speed is vqguest-svc-wdw.wdprapps.disney.com

Yep - that works for a more complex option to do a comparison/check, but it’s quick and easy to do a speed test so I recommended that. If you wish, you can also download the ping app and test this server - we found wifi was faster on this from the Riv as well. The server to check your speed is vqguest-svc-wdw.wdprapps.disney.com

Ya I was more hypothesizing why Wifi might be beating a 5G phone.

Its interesting to know that is the server.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter