The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynne- there are no newbies here. We don't have a pecking order so never worry. I wish that I had used a cheat sheet like Kathy's, I just mixed up everyones names :rotfl:.

It's going to take awhile for me to learn names! :)

:welcome:
Welcome to the thread! Post often with us, this is such a nice group of DISers.

No worries about remembering names. I still have trouble. That's why I stick with the user names - just to be safe. :ssst: :blush:

I see you are from PA - my dh is from Neville, Island, PA.

Let us know how they came out. I'm gonna try to make them next week. :banana:

I'm also planning on doing them sometime soon. Notice how we go in waves on certain dishes? The velvet shrimp was one I remember a lot of us did. NOW Glynis' pot roast is in a whole other category!!;)

Last night's dinner was SOOOOOOOOO yummy. Here's the recipe - I still have some cheese left so I make it again soon.

Dubliner stuffed chicken

8 oz. Dubliner Cheese
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz. fresh bread crumbs
1 oz. pack fresh Italian herbs, finely chopped
2 medium size eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grate 3 1/2 oz. Dubliner Cheese and cut the remainder into thin slices. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and insert the slices of cheese. In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, herbs, seasoning and grated Dubliner Cheese. Place the beaten eggs in a shallow dish and dip the chicken breasts into it, until evenly coated, then press firmly into the crumb mixture. Place on a buttered baking sheet and bake for
35-40 minutes or until cooked through.

Tonight we're eating out; no idea where!

We are going today to see DH's dad who is back in the hospital. His cancer treatments were going well, but they have discovered it in a new place so we are now back to wait and see. Anyway, we will probably have a late lunch after the hospital. We will probably go to a restaurant located on the water in Mt. Pleasant (technically Shem Creek) - Vickery's. They have some of the best burgers in Mt. Pleasant or one of my favorites, Cajun popcorn which are fried crawfish tails. They also have a lime marinated grilled grouper sandwich that is out of this world. I guess I'll have to decide when I get there.
:hug: I'm so sorry about your FIL.

I'm also planning on doing them sometime soon. Notice how we go in waves on certain dishes? The velvet shrimp was one I remember a lot of us did. NOW Glynis' pot roast is in a whole other category!!;)
I think I'm going to get on the band wagon and try Glynis's pizza meatloaf muffins too, thanks to Zilla's picture. ;) I have a question for those of you who've made them before... since there's no place for the grease to drain, are the muffins greasy? With my stomach problems, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to eat them.

DH forgot to order my grilled mahi sandwich last night and had to go back and get it. :sad2: I'm glad he did because it was sooooo good.

WFD? We have lots of leftovers in the fridge so that's what"s for dinner - pizza, wings, a hamburger, a chili dog, a rueben sandwich, sushi, baked beans, and fries. I actually wanted to cook tonight, but there wasn't any room for me to put groceries in the fridge, so I didn't go shopping, again.

Can someone help me figure out how to post a picture? I have a couple in a photobucket album, but for some reason I can't get them to show up here.

My co-worker is hooked on the Velvet Shrimp. She made it again recently due to her dh's request for it! :)

I think I'm going to get on the band wagon and try Glynis's pizza meatloaf muffins too, thanks to Zilla's picture.

::yes::

WFD? Today we went for a late lunch to my favorite local Thai restaurant and I had my favorite, Spicy Red Curry Shrimp. We always stuff ourselves when we go there so we'll just have room for dessert later.

We just finished dinner- ham steak, steamed asparagus and corn on the cob. Oh yeah, some sparkling wine! We'll have some strawberries and ice cream later.
Tomorrow will be seafood because I am clearing out the freezer- it may take a month or so but it is time. I have 2 full salmon in there that I am taking to the wildlife shelter Monday for them to use. What was I thinking? I tried a hacksaw and nearly got frostbite= just buying fillets from now on.

Sandy - I wish I could help you, but I'm a novice, it would be like the blind leading the blind.:laughing: I would think Zilla, Sheryl or liamandcaili could surely help.;)

Last night's dinner was SOOOOOOOOO yummy. Here's the recipe - I still have some cheese left so I make it again soon.

Dubliner stuffed chicken

8 oz. Dubliner Cheese
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz. fresh bread crumbs
1 oz. pack fresh Italian herbs, finely chopped
2 medium size eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grate 3 1/2 oz. Dubliner Cheese and cut the remainder into thin slices. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and insert the slices of cheese. In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, herbs, seasoning and grated Dubliner Cheese. Place the beaten eggs in a shallow dish and dip the chicken breasts into it, until evenly coated, then press firmly into the crumb mixture. Place on a buttered baking sheet and bake for
35-40 minutes or until cooked through.

Tonight we're eating out; no idea where!

This sounds great, but I've never heard of Dubliner cheese.:confused3 Can you tell me where it can be found, and if it's not available here, can I sub any other cheese for it?

I have successfully stuffed myself on those Meatloaf muffins from Glynnis.

Sandy I took them out of the pan and drained them a few minutes on a paper towel. I didn't think they tasted greasy at all.

I have a question for those of you who have done the pizza muffins. DH hates pizza, I am taking a cue from Nancy - who cares!!:lmao: Kyle and I crave it - will this satisfy my craving for pizza at least a little??

Kady and I joined my former MIL, SIL and their cousin for dinner. I had macadamia nut encrusted grouper, risi bisi and a salad. Kady had spaghetti and sausage, and crackers. It was good, but my fish was a little over done. We did not get dessert so Kady is having some sort of soy fudgsicle. I'll find some ice cream later.

She has been really good about her diet restrictions and won't touch any thing she is not supposed to have, but the other night when we were at Friendly's she thought she was going to have her scoop of vanilla ice cream. She is a creature of habit and her Mom did not see this coming. Poor little thing just burst into the most heart wrenching tears :sad1::sad1::sad1:. I was not taking any chances tonight and waited until we got home.

Kathy, Did I misunderstand you on the Nola thread? Is the recipe for the Garlic & Wine Grilled Shrimp Recipe listed here? I can't find it.

Sheryl

I have a question for those of you who have done the pizza muffins. DH hates pizza, I am taking a cue from Nancy - who cares!!:lmao: Kyle and I crave it - will this satisfy my craving for pizza at least a little??

Once again................I have done my job :surfweb:.

I think I'm going to get on the band wagon and try Glynis's pizza meatloaf muffins too, thanks to Zilla's picture. ;) I have a question for those of you who've made them before... since there's no place for the grease to drain, are the muffins greasy? With my stomach problems, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to eat them.

Hey Sandy!

I am not sure if I will explain this right but the "muffins" kind of shrink and the fat winds up on the outside...when you take them out the muffins will look like mine did. I guess it also matters what % of fat the beef has when you make them. Does that make sense??? :)

Lauren- DO you think ground turkey will work? Should I add anything extra to "beef" up the flavor? Marisa won't touch beef so I try to use turkey, but I need to punch it up sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter