The Rest of Hollywood Studios

I'm curious why they aren't working on these things NOW, since, really, if they wait until Star Wars open, by the time they get it done, it'll be too late to really be of any benefit. The hoopla will have died down and crowds will have naturally worked themselves out into a new norm.
I am sure they are working on these things. That is why there are rumors right now about them.

I am sure they are working on these things. That is why there are rumors right now about them.

Yes, but Disney doesn't exactly have a great reputation for speed. Rumors are one thing, but if they actually wanted those rumors to be of any benefit, they probably should have been physically working on them by now, and had them ready to open around or near the same time as SWGE, if they wanted the crowd management benefits.

Yes, but Disney doesn't exactly have a great reputation for speed. Rumors are one thing, but if they actually wanted those rumors to be of any benefit, they probably should have been physically working on them by now, and had them ready to open around or near the same time as SWGE, if they wanted the crowd management benefits.
Disney can move on something when they want to. A new stage show could be in development right now and be open for SWGE no problem. More attractions is a different thing. Right now I don't believe Disney wants to take down anymore capacity before SWGE opens. They will need to absorb crowds somewhere.

I'm curious why they aren't working on these things NOW, since, really, if they wait until Star Wars open, by the time they get it done, it'll be too late to really be of any benefit. The hoopla will have died down and crowds will have naturally worked themselves out into a new norm.
I don’t think crowds are ever going to really die down in Star Wars. I can see the rides consistently having hour and a half waits (a conservative estimate) 5 years from now

Look at FoP, a year later it still has lines 100+ minutes long on a regular basis.
I noticed the one time I was in Pandora this week that the river ride had a half hour wait while flight of passage was an hour and a half (it was around 10 at night for the record). So at least the lines there seem to be equalizing out

I noticed the one time I was in Pandora this week that the river ride had a half hour wait while flight of passage was an hour and a half (it was around 10 at night for the record). So at least the lines there seem to be equalizing out
If you don't rope drop, just before park closing is the next best thing.

If you don't rope drop, just before park closing is the next best thing.
I was super fortunate to get a FoP fastpass for late at night when they extended the hours a month or so back. I’d forgotten how incredible that ride is since last time tbh

The thing about Hollywood Studios is, it has four super-popular rides, and it's about to get 4 or 5 more.

Every single comment above, about the problems of HS, is true. But who is going to skip HS on even a short trip, when it means skipping the new Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land, and 4 of the current top-rated rides in WDW?

So the 'problem' Disney will need to address with HS is, how do they maintain guest satisfaction, despite ridiculous crowds and lines?

I would think that the solution is more smaller activities that put a smile on peoples' faces.

But the way Disney is moving, the solution will be to have open upcharge events that will let people ride with shorter lines, as long as they are willing to pay extra.

Yeah I mean look at SDMT, which isn’t a bad ride by any means isn’t an incredible experience. Couple it with the rabid fan base and the lines might be 5 years long

I'm truly curious to see just how bad it's going to be when SWGE initally opens. I'm anticipating capacity closures for sure. But just how long the lines will be - to get in the land, to get on the rides, even the FP+... I'm also curious to see what Disney does to try and control the craziness. I'm also wondering how quickly rooms fill up for Nov/Dec for next year, seeing as how the bookings open tomorrow. I wonder, I wonder....

I'm truly curious to see just how bad it's going to be when SWGE initally opens. I'm anticipating capacity closures for sure. But just how long the lines will be - to get in the land, to get on the rides, even the FP+... I'm also curious to see what Disney does to try and control the craziness. I'm also wondering how quickly rooms fill up for Nov/Dec for next year, seeing as how the bookings open tomorrow. I wonder, I wonder....
Yeah I’ve been incredibly vocal (as have many others here) about how underbuilt that park is. It honestly can’t handle the crowds it’s going to get and needs more just to feed people into things to do

The thing about Hollywood Studios is, it has four super-popular rides, and it's about to get 4 or 5 more.

Every single comment above, about the problems of HS, is true. But who is going to skip HS on even a short trip, when it means skipping the new Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land, and 4 of the current top-rated rides in WDW?

So the 'problem' Disney will need to address with HS is, how do they maintain guest satisfaction, despite ridiculous crowds and lines?

I would think that the solution is more smaller activities that put a smile on peoples' faces.

But the way Disney is moving, the solution will be to have open upcharge events that will let people ride with shorter lines, as long as they are willing to pay extra.

Maybe the upcharge could be the long rumored hard-ticket Halloween event. They could easily do it on off nights of MNSSHP, and I think it would be wildly successful.

If SW meet and greets are moved to GE, Launch Bay could close immediately to begin conscruction on something else and not impact crowds. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, it's large enough to almost be a mini land.

Like Lights, Motor, Action...Indiana Jones has run it's course IMO. It's time for something new.

HS is going to be in better shape than Epcot and AK. Let's be honest, the only thing saving Epcot right now is World Showcase. Take that away and what do you have? Soaring and Test Track and not much else.

If SW meet and greets are moved to GE, Launch Bay could close immediately to begin conscruction on something else and not impact crowds. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, it's large enough to almost be a mini land.

Like Lights, Motor, Action...Indiana Jones has run it's course IMO. It's time for something new.

HS is going to be in better shape than Epcot and AK. Let's be honest, the only thing saving Epcot right now is World Showcase. Take that away and what do you have? Soaring and Test Track and not much else.
I think the only place in AK lacking right now is dinoland. The rest of the park is really good imo. They’ll both be miles ahead of Epcot though until the new additions open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter