• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

Fun Friday QOTD: What attraction would you be ok with being on non stop for 4 hours? You are allowed food, drink, and 1 bathroom break of 5-10 minutes.

ATTQOTD: Haunted Mansion. Indoors, air conditioned, relaxing, many small details to look for that you may have missed in single pass rides.

Allow me to propose a Bonus QOTD: What attraction would you like to sentence someone else to have to ride non-stop for 4 hours?

ATTBQOTD: It's a Small World. I enjoy it as a one off now and then, but repeated riding for an extended time would be punishment!

Fun Friday QOTD: What attraction would you be ok with being on non stop for 4 hours? You are allowed food, drink, and 1 bathroom break of 5-10 minutes.

That's a tough one. I love the suggestions of Kiliminjaro Safaris, but I don't want to be outside for that Long.
I'd say Buzz Lightyear. I don't have to play every time, I can just look around sometimes and look for good targets. And maybe I'd finally achieve Galactic Hero...

This weekend we have the following folks with races:

24 - @MissLiss279 - Go Girl Run OKC Half Marathon (2:05:00 / N/A)
24 - @tidefan - Tuscaloosa Half Marathon (2:30:00 / N/A)
24 - @jennamfeo - Carlsbad All Day 20k (NG / N/A)
24 - @cburnett11 - Rodes City Run 10k (48:xx / N/A)
25 - @roxymama - Shamrock Shuffle 8k (44:19 / N/A)
25 - @kleph - Dallas Rock n' Roll Half Marathon (2:00:00 / N/A)
25 - MickeyMomma - Covenant Health Knoxville Half Marathon (2:45:00 / N/A)

Best of luck to each of you this weekend. My sincere apologies for posting the list late this week. DD school was closed unexpectedly mid morning and I had to go pick her and DS. Plus side, we had a great afternoon playing outside)

If you would like to adjust your goal or if someone would like to add a race to the list, just let me know and I will be happy to do so. Good luck again, and let us know how it goes!

Side note: It appears I typed a user name incorrectly again. MickeyMomma is not being allowed to tag.... If you see this please let me know so I can change it. TIA
I am running the Winter Park 10k tomorrow! My goal is under 54 minutes.

Well this summer my then 6 year old and I rode EE 8 or 9 times in a row at the end of the night. Not sure I could handle 4 hours of it, but I'd try. Maybe safari, splash or space. Definitely not IASW.

ATTQOTD: I think People Mover and Kilimanjaro Safaris would be a toss up for me depending on weather. If we are expanding to the water parks, perhaps the Castaway Creek Lazy River at Typhoon Lagoon.

ATTBQOTD: I'd probably stick someone on Journey Into Imagination for 4 hours and see how they handled it.

ATTQOTD: Maybe the railroad? Peoplemover is good too. Some kind of transportation. I would sentence somebody to Star Tours only because multiple go-rounds for that in a row makes me barf.

ATTQOTD: definitely the Safari ride at a very leisurely pace and longer stops so I can get a better look at the animals.

I love IASW. It was a favorite song of mine from a Disney record I had when I was little.

ATTQOTD: People Mover FTW!

I vote for the Gran Fiesta boat ride in Mexico. Floating along with margaritas for four hours sounds like a great afternoon.

If I had to sentence anyone to a ride, it'd probably be the Aerosmith coaster. That video makes my ears bleed hearing it once, let along non-stop for four hours. ;)

Back to the Garmin discussion from earlier in the week ... any thoughts on Vivoactive 3 vs. Forerunner 235?

Side note: It appears I typed a user name incorrectly again. MickeyMomma is not being allowed to tag.... If you see this please let me know so I can change it. TIA

Try adding a space after "Mickey." If that doesn't work, can somebody point me towards a setting I need to change?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter