The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

So we wanted to put in a pad to store the RV on, yard has a slight angle to it. Rear area where rv sits is 3 ft lower than the front. So got our quote, called Sat to see when they could do the job. We will start on Monday. Ok then, they are working a smaller job up the street will be down around noon to start and will finish up tomorrow, in the pouring rain ?? Ok they may have to finish on Wed, but then when we get the trailer back from it's warranty work, it will have a place to go where it is out of the way. Yippee. Oh yes, and while down for warranty work, we are getting a cover for it, whoa is that going to be BIG. :scared1:

Packing and shopping for the trip, down to 28 days to arrival.

while down for warranty work, we are getting a cover for it, whoa is that going to be BIG. :scared1:
Mine weighs about 60 lbs. And yes, it is a bear to get up on the roof.

A bit of advice (aka lessons learned). Open it up on the ground when you first get it. Front and Rear are marked, but inside/outside are not. You can probably see where this is going. My first time putting it on, I had it all draped and it looked perfect. Right up until I tried to hook the straps and realized it was inside out.

Once it is on the ground, all opened up. Flip the sides into the middle and fold everything over on itself. Pick and end and roll it up as tight as you can. I put a strap around it. The strap works like a handle and rolling it tight makes it firm so you can handle it. Once on the roof, start at the end you rolled last and just unroll the thing down the center of the roof. Watch out for vent covers and domes (another learning experience).

Getting the front dropped over is generally the hardest part.

j

Mine weighs about 60 lbs. And yes, it is a bear to get up on the roof.

A bit of advice (aka lessons learned). Open it up on the ground when you first get it. Front and Rear are marked, but inside/outside are not. You can probably see where this is going. My first time putting it on, I had it all draped and it looked perfect. Right up until I tried to hook the straps and realized it was inside out.

Once it is on the ground, all opened up. Flip the sides into the middle and fold everything over on itself. Pick and end and roll it up as tight as you can. I put a strap around it. The strap works like a handle and rolling it tight makes it firm so you can handle it. Once on the roof, start at the end you rolled last and just unroll the thing down the center of the roof. Watch out for vent covers and domes (another learning experience).

Getting the front dropped over is generally the hardest part.

j

sounds like if I roll it front to rear on the ground, it may fit in the big military backpack I own to get it on the roof. But good to know I should make sure it is not inside out.

We will be making our second trip to the Fort approx. Sept. 4th -15th. I was wondering if and when people start decorating for Halloween? Last year we were there in October (hubby broke leg, so had to change ressie from Sept.). Anyway, he thought the decorations were awesome and wants to bring our few with us this year to display _ ONLY IF, other people will be decorating, too.. Does anyone know when they start decorating?

We check into the cabins on the 3rd. I will definitely be throwing up so décor around there. SOME of the stuff I am taking is below. Hope to see your decorations proudly displayed.

IMG_3659.JPG

And the work has started.....first the tree, gone.
20170821_123233[4900].jpeg
The stump you see on the right, just at the bottom of the branches, removed also. Don't have to worry about backing into that now.

We are officially a member of the Magic Band Society as of today :yay: We have been to Disneyworld a whole bunch of times but have never utilized the Magic Band system.

We are officially a member of the Magic Band Society as of today :yay: We have been to Disneyworld a whole bunch of times but have never utilized the Magic Band system.

Awesome, mine are being held hostage, by the USPS....or at least they shipped according to the email, but that just sounded boring. So probably early next week. Can't wait, take trailer down for it's warranty work on Saturday, pick it up sometime next week, then pack it up....getting closer.

Awesome, mine are being held hostage, by the USPS....or at least they shipped according to the email, but that just sounded boring.

Hey at least you guys get them in advance. We Canadians have to wait until we arrive!

Love reading about all the things you have to do to get ready for a trip to the Fort!

Hey at least you guys get them in advance. We Canadians have to wait until we arrive!

Love reading about all the things you have to do to get ready for a trip to the Fort!

Why do you have to wait until arrival, is there no mail in Canada ??
Glad someone has been enjoying our pre trip TR we have going on here.

Why do you have to wait until arrival, is there no mail in Canada ??
Glad someone has been enjoying our pre trip TR we have going on here.

Ha yeah we have mail lol. But unfortunately they just won't ship our MB's in advance. We have to pick them up at reception when we arrive at WDW. Probably just costs too much or some such.

But yes, definitely enjoying your PTR, and especially watching how handy you are with fixing and adding special touches to your rig. One day I want to go visit the Fort and see the setups that everyone has...that would be a fun excursion in itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter