The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

DW and I are working on costumes for the two MNSSHP nights. I have 3 options in the works, she is trying so hard. Getting to be crunch time, just over two weeks left....
Chris if you are going twice to MNSSHP be the 2 younger sisters form DESPICABLE ME

Okay all you lucky September people. I've posted the movie calendar just now
Thanks Ed.

I wasn't sure when it came out. I may have to go up and see Lion King on the 22nd. Sorry I'm going to miss the Golf Cart Drive-In. That sounds fun.

j

2 weeks and a day and I'll be on my way.

Ordered some battery packs. DW and I have new phones with good batteries, but it never hurts to have a backup.

I think I'm going to play the Loop Roulette. I have always been by the Settlement (Preferred sites) except for our first trip long ago when we landed in 1400. I liked 1400 and being a short walk to the campfire and pool. Having to walk out to the bus stop and wait for a bus to go anywhere got old by the end of the week when you're carting a 4 year old with you. I'm planning on seeing what is open when we arrive around 8 am and taking whatever is open. The thought of being somewhere different besides close to the Settlement is kind of exciting.

j

2 weeks and a day and I'll be on my way.

Ordered some battery packs. DW and I have new phones with good batteries, but it never hurts to have a backup.

I think I'm going to play the Loop Roulette. I have always been by the Settlement (Preferred sites) except for our first trip long ago when we landed in 1400. I liked 1400 and being a short walk to the campfire and pool. Having to walk out to the bus stop and wait for a bus to go anywhere got old by the end of the week when you're carting a 4 year old with you. I'm planning on seeing what is open when we arrive around 8 am and taking whatever is open. The thought of being somewhere different besides close to the Settlement is kind of exciting.

j

Just got new batteries for our phones, I have an Anker battery pack for the parks. Should probably order one for DW.

We were in 1400 our first stay and it was nice. But remember they have to keep space between us, don't want Disney to turn on it's side from too many big rigs in one spot.
Waiting to hear from dealership on warranty work, and then have to go pick up our trailer so we can pack it.
But for now it is time to end my night, have to get up in the am and finish prepping for an interview at work. Send me some pixie dust folks, I could use it.

Also had some work done to our FW today. Ours rides quite nose high mostly due to the size tires that are on my truck They are 20" wheel/tires, factory equipped. I have lowered the hitch as low as it will go, raised the pin box as high as it will go and still run quite nose high. The FW has the axles on the bottom of the springs and 15" wheel/tires. Jayco, in their infinite wisdom and knowledge, knew that this was an issue since all of the newer trucks are high to begin with ... so, they made the spring perches with an "extra" hole lower than the standard attachment.

I have a RV repair place about a mile from me and took it by last Friday while we were headed out of town for a quick weekend glamping adventure. They took a look and said they could drop the axles to the lower hole for 150 bucks ... I said, you got a deal and when should I bring it in. Well, took it to them this morning around 9am ... they called me about 11am and told me it was done. Ended up being 125 bucks since they were able to do it in less than an hour ( they get 125 bucks an hour labor ).

Moral of story ... if you are ever in the Valparaiso, FL area ( near Ft. Walton Beach/Destin ) and need RV repair, I highly recommend RV Solutions : http://www.4rvsolutions.com

Tripleb isn't Valparaiso closer to Niceville or is my memory of my time at Eglin playing tricks on me

Tripleb isn't Valparaiso closer to Niceville or is my memory of my time at Eglin playing tricks on me

FtW Mike, you're correct, Valparaiso and Niceville are twin cities ... I always mention Ft. Walton Beach/Destin since most folks don't know where Valparaiso/Niceville are :)

Well, could put up an out building, but that would require cancelling this upcoming trip to Disney and probably the GSP trip. Not happening, building can wait. Oh and I was not the winner of the 700 million dollar lottery, so as a break my back warehouse worker, will have to save and one day can put up a pole barn.

Seesh!!! And you think you're special about the working part. LOL j/k Besides your trailer parking area is about 1/4 of the size of my entire lot! As for affording the whole thing, I look at it this way. Do it like the idiot at work did several years ago. CC fraud and swipe stuff off the shelves in our warehouse. We installed more cameras at work cause of this person. Oh add in some insurance fraud to the mix. He magically inured himself just outside of the range of the one camera "opening up a van door" That's the most I will get into it. He was a real character. We found out after the fact, he had a rap sheet a mile long when he got popped for the ins fraud.

Seesh!!! And you think you're special about the working part. LOL j/k Besides your trailer parking area is about 1/4 of the size of my entire lot! As for affording the whole thing, I look at it this way. Do it like the idiot at work did several years ago. CC fraud and swipe stuff off the shelves in our warehouse. We installed more cameras at work cause of this person. Oh add in some insurance fraud to the mix. He magically inured himself just outside of the range of the one camera "opening up a van door" That's the most I will get into it. He was a real character. We found out after the fact, he had a rap sheet a mile long when he got popped for the ins fraud.

We had a fellow at my last job, who did not like to work, his family had money (car dealerships). He came in one day and boss told him he needed to work, next thing you know he gets hurt by a manual pallet jack. They sent him to HR for a drug test, and low and behold, he had been having fun with his friends on the weekend. So he was let go.

The parking area is just about 1/4 the size of my acreage here also. There is no real ground on the other side of the house as the garage is there. But oh well.

Disney prep was on hold this week, as I was prepping for an interview at work, that is today. Still waiting to hear about our trailer work being done.....and when we can pick it up.
So will be packing and storing in the living room until the trailer comes home. Still have a project or two for Disney to get done, but time is getting tight. Gonna be busy this weekend and next, so I can have it all ready. Time has just really flown these past few weeks.:hourglass

Chris, How'd the interview go?

And I think our next 2 weeks may have just got much busier than yours. My dad, who is 87 (a very active 87, works full time), announced that he is getting married on September 10th, 200 miles from me. He also said he finally sold his house at the lake (he has lived with his girlfriend for the last 5 years or so). I am now spending this weekend driving to the lake, 210 miles away, to get things out of his house. Then, the group home where we have been trying to get my brother placed called and said he can move in on September 12th, 2 days before we leave for Disney. Not now when I have time because they all take vacation the whole week after Labor Day. He has been living with me since Christmas Eve while we were finding placement by me instead of my dad. He wasn't going to Disney with us, so nothing like pushing it to the last minute.

Nevermind I'm crazy busy the next week and a half at work.

I'll need 10 days at the Fort to recover.

j

Chris, How'd the interview go?

And I think our next 2 weeks may have just got much busier than yours. My dad, who is 87 (a very active 87, works full time), announced that he is getting married on September 10th, 200 miles from me. He also said he finally sold his house at the lake (he has lived with his girlfriend for the last 5 years or so). I am now spending this weekend driving to the lake, 210 miles away, to get things out of his house. Then, the group home where we have been trying to get my brother placed called and said he can move in on September 12th, 2 days before we leave for Disney. Not now when I have time because they all take vacation the whole week after Labor Day. He has been living with me since Christmas Eve while we were finding placement by me instead of my dad. He wasn't going to Disney with us, so nothing like pushing it to the last minute.

Nevermind I'm crazy busy the next week and a half at work.

I'll need 10 days at the Fort to recover.

j

Well, glad my schedule is not as busy as yours.
Interview, went, guess some time in the future we will find out if it went well. Tomorrow it is up early to get the trailer, then off to work. So I am off to bed for a few hours sleep.

Well, picked up our baby and she is in her new home. Not centered up quite the way I want, but have to get ready and head to work. So it will have to do for now.

20170901_124306[5719].jpeg

20170901_124328[5720].jpeg

Time to start packing and getting ready for the Fort !!!!

Ok September Diser's, it is our turn to shine. We have been pinned to the top of the board. Everyone packed and ready to go ? Do you have your travel buddy ? Time for our early in the month arrivals to get us warmed up with some pictures. Oh yea and someone keep an eye on that hurricane in the southeast.

Yep, were are packed and ready except for the refrigerator, and adult beverages. We will be leaving our Min-Pin at her "other" home on this trip. The wife's final day at work was today ... her retirement party had a traveling theme which included a Minnie piñata :-) She already has me making reservations for future glamping adventures so, were are booked for Oct., Nov., and Dec. :yay:

Ok. I just got accidentally woke up by my wife packing clothes, well 30 minutes ago. Puppy is at my brother's house, Mom's van is packed with everything except the food, and I am about to knock out again to wake up around 2 AM to leave by 3 AM. We should be down there by 9 AM at the latest (really should be 8 but the ladies like to stop a lot, especially when they wake on the road) and we will have fun until I check into our one night hotel. Then I wake up Sunday to check in to our cabin, meet Kenny or the cart around 12, and begin our Disney time in earnest. I will be posting updates. And to anyone worried, I was a second shifter (ran a late night pizza place) for almost 20 years and I am a night owl so I will be good. I love AM driving. See you guys there and nighty night. :teeth:

2 more weeks and I'll be sitting at Lake Louisa. Well, likely driving around to see the WDW entrance because I won't be able to wait, but we are getting close.

Well, picked up our baby and she is in her new home. Not centered up quite the way I want, but have to get ready and head to work. So it will have to do for now.

View attachment 266359
Chris, You pulled the trailer in backwards. The door should be towards the house. :D

The wife's final day at work was today ... her retirement party had a traveling theme which included a Minnie piñata :-)
Tell your wife congrats. My DW and I were just discussing today that we only have... 10 more years before we can retire and hit the road.

I am about to knock out again to wake up around 2 AM to leave by 3 AM. And to anyone worried, I was a second shifter for almost 20 years and I am a night owl so I will be good. I love AM driving. See you guys there and nighty night. :teeth:
Have a safe trip. I completely understand the 2nd shift thing. I did evenings for about 5 years and then 12 years on nights. I used to do the same thing, but I've been on days long enough now that staying up past 10 is too taxing. :-)

Post when you can and enjoy!

j

It looks like quite a few of us are going to be at the Fort at similar times. If anyone is interested in getting together for a mini- DIS Meet let me know. It looks like the days with the most overlap for everyone is Wednesday September 20th or Saturday September 23rd. Quite a few are coming in on the 23rd. Right now, I have Wednesday as an Epcot day, but I have nothing booked for Saturday. I've met several DISers on prior Fort trips and a bunch at the Gulf State Park meets the last 2 years. It's always fun to put a face to the typing.

I added TRS to this. Not sure how the rehab has been going or if you're up to a visit, but we'd love to have you join the crowd. I've seen you posting on here more, so hopefully that's a good sign.
  1. @PaHunter (Chris)- September 18-30- Premium
  2. TeamUBR (Jim)- September 16-24- Premium
  3. @tripleb- September 17-25- Full Hook Up
  4. @Disneypeach - September 23-October 1
  5. @JayJay8 - Sept 17-27 - Premium
  6. @brad813 - Sept 21-25 - Off site
  7. @harriettbrawner - Labor Day Weekend, Sept 16-22
  8. @PatriciaH - Sept 22- 30
  9. @Random Ninja - Sept 23-27 - Tent Camping
  10. @Sarubo - Sept 23- Oct 8
  11. @grumpyaggie - Sept 20 - Oct 7
  12. @Rxdr2013 - Sept 17 - 21 - Tent Camping
  13. @babynursedawn - Sept 13 - 21 Full
  14. @TheRustyScupper

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter