• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Paul you, Bad Daddy, Bad Bad Daddy Leaving your furchild home while you to to DISNEY. I will be in the same boat as our Cats won't make our trip (Chester and Katie for some reason are having a problem getting along) But we while we are't putting them on ressie (They are still babies ie less than 3 so no band required ) the kids will get 1st buttons

Well, it is almost done, needs one more load to dress the backside. The new resting place for our trailer.

View attachment 263836

Left side is where I back in, had to add 4.5 feet on the right side. So just a bit of fill. But they did a very nice job.

Wait you are not putting up an outbuilding for your trailer? These days it's all about having a covered parking for for these things. Granted they don't build them like they use too.

Paul you, Bad Daddy, Bad Bad Daddy Leaving your furchild home while you to to DISNEY. I will be in the same boat as our Cats won't make our trip (Chester and Katie for some reason are having a problem getting along) But we while we are't putting them on ressie (They are still babies ie less than 3 so no band required ) the kids will get 1st buttons

Well not sure what Paul did to deserve being a bad daddy, but I (Chris) yes will be leaving our little girl home. She doesn't do well left alone, and likes to bark. So the MIL will take care of her and spoil her.

Wait you are not putting up an outbuilding for your trailer? These days it's all about having a covered parking for for these things. Granted they don't build them like they use too.

Well, could put up an out building, but that would require cancelling this upcoming trip to Disney and probably the GSP trip. Not happening, building can wait. Oh and I was not the winner of the 700 million dollar lottery, so as a break my back warehouse worker, will have to save and one day can put up a pole barn.

Well not sure what Paul did to deserve being a bad daddy, but I (Chris) yes will be leaving our little girl home. She doesn't do well left alone, and likes to bark. So the MIL will take care of her and spoil her.
Sorry about that Cerebral Flatulence moment

The pet conversations make me glad I'm a cat person. I have 5. They all stay home no matter where I'm going. None of them like riding in a car and I'm sure a trip like the Fort would traumatize them for months. I have someone come in every few days to check on them, clean up the messes that gravity and cats create and make sure they have food. We come home after a week (or longer) and the cats act like nothing ever happened.

Pretty sure if i tried that with a dog, my home would be shredded when I returned and the dog would ignore me for weeks. :-)

And I won't rub it in, but 3 weeks from right now, I will be on my way to Lake Louisa SP for a short overnight before arriving at the Fort!

j

The pet conversations make me glad I'm a cat person. I have 5. They all stay home no matter where I'm going. None of them like riding in a car and I'm sure a trip like the Fort would traumatize them for months. I have someone come in every few days to check on them, clean up the messes that gravity and cats create and make sure they have food. We come home after a week (or longer) and the cats act like nothing ever happened.

Pretty sure if i tried that with a dog, my home would be shredded when I returned and the dog would ignore me for weeks. :-)

And I won't rub it in, but 3 weeks from right now, I will be on my way to Lake Louisa SP for a short overnight before arriving at the Fort!

j
Jim we have 2 cats and they loved coming with us The cabinet below the washer/dryer was perfect with doors removed for litter box and spare litter. Our bed was elevated but portion is inside slide with a 1ft x 1ft x 18in space on each side that they ride in while we are in motion but are out once we stop and set up. This trip they are staying home as Katie tolerates Chester provided he stays in an other room FYI part of the reason we got a coach was during our second trip to Disney I would sit up in bed every other night or so and call for my big girl ( See My AVATAR or Sky and Kaies first time adventuring in camping forum) while sound asleep, not so much now

May sound crazy, but believe me, it is logistically easier for us to take our cat, 2 dogs, 2 ferrets and a parrot with us rather then someone watching them at our house.
You'd think the animals would wreak havoc by themselves? Try having 2- 20 year olds there.
Kitty gets trapped between the patio doors, dogs chew on shoes, bird wrecks curtains, and all this is happening when the humans are there.

May sound crazy, but believe me, it is logistically easier for us to take our cat, 2 dogs, 2 ferrets and a parrot with us rather then someone watching them at our house.
You'd think the animals would wreak havoc by themselves? Try having 2- 20 year olds there.
Kitty gets trapped between the patio doors, dogs chew on shoes, bird wrecks curtains, and all this is happening when the humans are there.
Right there with you on bringing them. We left the home a few weeks ago to go to a concert and when we got home the Kids had torn apart a throw pillow with brown stuffing I was ready to grab a gun and kill them thinking they had torn My WookieBear apart Happily she came wandering down the stairs when she heard me yelling. Plus WookieBear is pushing 14 I don't want her at CAMP ( What we tell her the local kennel is even though they dote on her as bad as I do ) unless I have no other choice plus they don't have a room big enough for all 3 and they have to be near each other

So today entailed a trip to the dealership to drop off the trailer for warranty work. Will hopefully pick it up next thursday and bring it home. We can then finish loading it up for our trip.
In the meantime, I have some grass to plant, some site decorations to work on, and have to work on my costume for MNSSHP !!!!

We check into the cabins on the 3rd. I will definitely be throwing up so décor around there. SOME of the stuff I am taking is below. Hope to see your decorations proudly displayed.

View attachment 263608
Thanks! My hubby has all this Halloween stuff.. not necessarily Disney.. But he is prepared, so all he needs to do is

Leggings Mama,

:welcome:

And great first post. Glad you found the Camping at the Fort forum just in time. We are just going to miss you. We arrive early on the 16th.

Tell us more about what you have planned. I'm not sure who will have more fun. The 4 adults of the 4 kids under 4, but have a great time.

j

Welcome to Camping at the Fort leggingsmama3 party:Keep us posted on your plans. We love a good trip report :thumbsup2

Leggings Mama,

:welcome:

And great first post. Glad you found the Camping at the Fort forum just in time. We are just going to miss you. We arrive early on the 16th.

Tell us more about what you have planned. I'm not sure who will have more fun. The 4 adults of the 4 kids under 4, but have a great time.

j

Well of course the 4 kids under 4 will have a more fun. After all they don't have to carry the adults around when they get tired.....

So grass seed dropped around new RV pad and watered. Trip to hardware store with stuff for trailer projects....DW "honey the trailer is not here at the house." Yes I know, have a lot to do when we get it back at the end of next week. Well preseason football is over for tonight, I should head to bed for tonight. 45 mins and we will be looking at 21 days to Disney.:yay:

Okay all you lucky September people. I've posted the movie calendar just now so this is where the rubber meets the road. I hope you can find something to watch and enjoy while you sing along with Chip & Dale.

Bama Ed

I'm getting excited to start reading some September trip reports! 37 days for me right now.....

DW and I are working on costumes for the two MNSSHP nights. I have 3 options in the works, she is trying so hard. Getting to be crunch time, just over two weeks left....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter