The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Dropping in with some photos from our October 2016 stay (better late than never, right? :o )

This is our villa from Fountains 1, building 35 (3rd floor with vaulted ceilings and skylight):

14900601_10155141373356416_6685729994647386605_n.jpg

14907117_10155141372796416_7927478947928794489_n.jpg

14937381_10155141366851416_1360149998259161051_n.jpg

14907169_10155141367181416_7170206470152795869_n.jpg

14925645_10155141367201416_2677456772433304785_n.jpg

14639723_10155141367386416_7823292885502365321_n.jpg

14908253_10155141367391416_1559492604716120670_n.jpg

14568055_10155141367526416_3727801760382318494_n.jpg

14915209_10155141367571416_4965858364476748309_n.jpg

Does anyone know if I book a week from Skyauction if I have any chance of a request for the Fountains section? (It's a 2 bdrm, sleeps 8 villa).
We stayed in Cascades last time, and I would really like to be in another section and Fountains seems like where we would enjoy being.
I believe I asked last time and it was no dice. I wondered if that was because I had gotten such a deal ($420 for the week in December). I could be wrong though, I might have just asked for a top floor. It was a few years back now.
I wouldn't be miserable in Cascades, but I do really want to try something different.

We're going back and forth and back and forth on onsite vs. offsite for this trip, so I'm exploring all my options. :)

Does anyone know if I book a week from Skyauction if I have any chance of a request for the Fountains section? (It's a 2 bdrm, sleeps 8 villa).
We stayed in Cascades last time, and I would really like to be in another section and Fountains seems like where we would enjoy being.
I believe I asked last time and it was no dice. I wondered if that was because I had gotten such a deal ($420 for the week in December). I could be wrong though, I might have just asked for a top floor. It was a few years back now.
I wouldn't be miserable in Cascades, but I do really want to try something different.

We're going back and forth and back and forth on onsite vs. offsite for this trip, so I'm exploring all my options. :)

When we booked a one bedroom via Skyauction a year or so ago, we requested Lakes (because it is adjacent to our beloved Fountains) and received it no problem. We only paid $300 for the week and even was upgraded to a one bedroom premium (when only a standard one bedroom was guaranteed). I would think, as long as they have available inventory, you should be fine :thumbsup2. In your shoes, I would definitely ask.

Our son has booked a week at SVR in September.....he picked up a two bedroom for $321, all-in, via Skyauction. He too is hoping for Fountains, so he'll be submitting his Diamond Lane request two weeks ahead of his arrival and crossing his fingers that they can accommodate him there.

When we booked a one bedroom via Skyauction a year or so ago, we requested Lakes (because it is adjacent to our beloved Fountains) and received it no problem. We only paid $300 for the week and even was upgraded to a one bedroom premium (when only a standard one bedroom was guaranteed). I would think, as long as they have available inventory, you should be fine :thumbsup2. In your shoes, I would definitely ask.

Our son has booked a week at SVR in September.....he picked up a two bedroom for $321, all-in, via Skyauction. He too is hoping for Fountains, so he'll be submitting his Diamond Lane request two weeks ahead of his arrival and crossing his fingers that they can accommodate him there.
Thank you Gina. I would LOVE to see those prices. Cheapest I can see for the last week of August is $749. That's still a steal at $100 a night, but not the screaming deal Jake is getting!
I guess it can't hurt to request right?

Thank you Gina. I would LOVE to see those prices. Cheapest I can see for the last week of August is $749. That's still a steal at $100 a night, but not the screaming deal Jake is getting!
I guess it can't hurt to request right?

Absolutely!! If they can't put you in Fountains, you might be placed in Lakes....and that's right beside Fountains. Both Lakes and Fountains offer two bedroom villas that have a bit more square footage than the Cascades units, too.

A week for $749 is a VERY good price :thumbsup2. That's less than owners pay for maintenance fees (at least, that's less than our 2017 fees for the Fountains section) so you'd be making out really well. Jake's price was just CRAZY low.....I could not believe how cheaply we snagged it for! He was so unbelievably excited!!

What are your specific dates for August again? I would be happy to run them through Interval International to see if SVR is available as a getaway, and at what price, so you can compare against what Skyauction is offering.

@pigletto .... Interval's prices for check-in on August 26th, 27th or September 1st are $697 + the guest certificate fee ($59, I think). So almost exactly what you are looking at through Skyauction ::yes::.

Thank you for checking that for me Gina :)
Yes, a little over $100 a night for such a beautiful resort is a steal. Lakes sounds great too! The Fountains pool would be fantastic on an August trip. We would be checking in on the 25th, so it's good to hear that the Skyauction price is right in line with what you are seeing.

Thank you for checking that for me Gina :)
Yes, a little over $100 a night for such a beautiful resort is a steal. Lakes sounds great too! The Fountains pool would be fantastic on an August trip. We would be checking in on the 25th, so it's good to hear that the Skyauction price is right in line with what you are seeing.

Interval has the 25th still showing, same price as the other dates ($697).

Lakes buildings are similarly styled to Cascades: larger box-style buildings with elevators.

11150839_10153860049186416_8192876597995780827_n.jpg

10660236_10153860049086416_6212091120212182983_n.jpg

11229381_10153860049031416_6857166404657765939_n.jpg

We find the Fountains/Lakes side of the resort quieter, though, than the Cascades/Courts/Spas/Palms/Falls/Springs side......that's a bonus in our opinion but not everyone appreciates the quieter vibe.

The Fountains pool is awesome because it has a wonderful waterfall (like Cascades), in-water volleyball (like the Super Pool) but also has 6+ foot depth in the center (so good swimming for adults). The Tiki Bar adjacent is super nice and offers some great beverages (as well as a decent selection of food). My favourite part of the Fountains pool, though, is the placement of the two hot tubs. It's nice to have them set up behind the waterfall and away from all the hullaballoo of the pool fun.

What an awesome place. Checked in Friday (3/31). Sent our diamond lane form in about 10 days before with a few specific requests trying to get in Spas. But also indicated a townhouse in Courts would be perfect for us. Heard back from Diamond Lane a few days before check in indicting has our requests. Ended up getting the townhouse in courts (even though as I understand it, it is a Saturday check-in phase). Amazing room. My 3 kids were so excited when they saw all the space with the separate upstairs for them. Really looking forward to our week here.

What an awesome place. Checked in Friday (3/31). Sent our diamond lane form in about 10 days before with a few specific requests trying to get in Spas. But also indicated a townhouse in Courts would be perfect for us. Heard back from Diamond Lane a few days before check in indicting has our requests. Ended up getting the townhouse in courts (even though as I understand it, it is a Saturday check-in phase). Amazing room. My 3 kids were so excited when they saw all the space with the separate upstairs for them. Really looking forward to our week here.

Have an amazing magical trip!
Love the upstairs with kids; it's like they can have their own world up there.

Hello! New to the boards. I booked a 11 night stay through Sheraton for the Vistana Resort. I also booked the stay with Caribe Royale. Has anyone stayed at both and willing to give me pros and cons between both. I need to cancel one reservation. The pricing is about the same for both places...both are two bedroom, two bathroom, full kitchen.... the Caribe Royale does have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom...I believe SVR just has 2 twins or doubles...

A little back ground. This is our first stay off site, otherwise we always stayed at Disney Port Orleans Riverside...and LOVED it. But we have just outgrown the room now and two rooms is way too pricey. We are a family of 6. Our children are 14, 11, 10 and 5. We will be doing Disney parks 5 of the 11 days. The other 6 days will be resort/swim days, Disney Springs... My 10 year old has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (a joint disorder) and while he can walk, run, he falls easily and tires easily.

I look forward to your suggestions, input, advise... Thanks in advance!!

I have maybe an odd question ~

If I show up around 4am on the day of check in, will the resort hold my bags until a room is ready? I know that the answer is usually yes, but 4am is pretty early and I want to make sure. Also, I'm not the one who made the reservation, so would I need some kind of proof my group is staying there in order to leave our bags? Like maybe the person who made the reservation could forward me a confirmation email?

For some context - I'm going with a group of five other people to Star Wars Celebration. One person in the group booked us a stay at the resort (I think her parents own a timeshare), but our check in day is unfortunately the same day the convention starts (April 13th) and we are all arriving on the 12th. We've got a room for the first night at the Holiday Inn down the road.

Star Wars Celebration technically doesn't open until 10am, but people are allowed to start lining up at 5am. At least one other person and I want to try and get there when the line opens, but we don't want to leave our bags in the car at the convention center. We also don't want to leave them with our friends who won't be getting up early because they would have to make multiple trips to get everyone's belongings over to the Vistana.

Thanks for the help!

We are going in May for our first stay at Vistana and am so excited. We have a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8). Would love to get an elevator building as my dad is going with us and he is in his 80's, or a first floor.

The timeshare we stayed at last October - can't remember the name - had nightly entertainment a few nights a week. One night they had Luau style music and one night they had 2 guys playing music at one of the bars/restaurants. I was wondering if Vistana had anything like this going on during the week. Also, some places have movies by the pool and other activities. We are just trying to plan some of our days.

As we are check in April 30, is there an April or May calendar that they provide.

Thanks all.

I have maybe an odd question ~

If I show up around 4am on the day of check in, will the resort hold my bags until a room is ready? I know that the answer is usually yes, but 4am is pretty early and I want to make sure. Also, I'm not the one who made the reservation, so would I need some kind of proof my group is staying there in order to leave our bags? Like maybe the person who made the reservation could forward me a confirmation email?
This is specific enough that I would call the resort to inquire (direct to Vistana Resort, not the 800 reservation number).

I have checked in at midnight, and do not recall SEEING a bellhop team member, but that could mean (s)he was just napping in the back at that time of night. You really have two questions here; can I check my bags at 4:00am, and can I check them without checking in. Only the person on the reservation or guest certificate can actually complete the check-in. Another option is to have HI hold your bags in the morning, and you stop in to get them just before proceeding to SVR. Most hotels would be fine with holding baggage on your departure day while you tour the parks. It might also be easier considering you will be leaving there at OMG o'clock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter