The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

We are going in May for our first stay at Vistana and am so excited. We have a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8). Would love to get an elevator building as my dad is going with us and he is in his 80's, or a first floor.

The timeshare we stayed at last October - can't remember the name - had nightly entertainment a few nights a week. One night they had Luau style music and one night they had 2 guys playing music at one of the bars/restaurants. I was wondering if Vistana had anything like this going on during the week. Also, some places have movies by the pool and other activities. We are just trying to plan some of our days.

As we are check in April 30, is there an April or May calendar that they provide.

Thanks all.
I am fairly certain that I have posted a previous activities calendar here somewhere, but can't seem to find it in my photobucket anymore.

Yes, there are evening activities some nights, a magic or comedy night have been offered in the past, and there are movies by/in the pool as well.

The activities calendar does change a bit every visit (they need to keep things fresh for us repeat offenders), so there is no way of knowing for certain what will be offered in April or May. But, I know @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina and @MLG4MSU have been there somewhat recently, if they see this tagged, maybe one of them can shed some light on what has been on the schedule most recently.

We are going in May for our first stay at Vistana and am so excited. We have a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8). Would love to get an elevator building as my dad is going with us and he is in his 80's, or a first floor.

The timeshare we stayed at last October - can't remember the name - had nightly entertainment a few nights a week. One night they had Luau style music and one night they had 2 guys playing music at one of the bars/restaurants. I was wondering if Vistana had anything like this going on during the week. Also, some places have movies by the pool and other activities. We are just trying to plan some of our days.

As we are check in April 30, is there an April or May calendar that they provide.

Thanks all.

I am fairly certain that I have posted a previous activities calendar here somewhere, but can't seem to find it in my photobucket anymore.

Yes, there are evening activities some nights, a magic or comedy night have been offered in the past, and there are movies by/in the pool as well.

The activities calendar does change a bit every visit (they need to keep things fresh for us repeat offenders), so there is no way of knowing for certain what will be offered in April or May. But, I know @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina and @MLG4MSU have been there somewhat recently, if they see this tagged, maybe one of them can shed some light on what has been on the schedule most recently.

I brought mine home after our trip in October, but I literally just took it home to my son this past weekend :headache:. How's that for bad timing? His girlfriend has never been before, and I thought she'd enjoy looking over it before their upcoming stay in September.

However, I did manage to find this one from December on their Facebook page, which might be at least somewhat helpful to @lpizzuro123 .

15107307_10153929642866384_1418075111563673444_n.jpg

15094430_10153929643266384_372677500322670379_n.jpg

We have stayed at the resort at various times during the year (so far, we've covered the months of April, May, August, October and December at least once) and we have found that the activities are generally pretty consistent regardless of the season.

We arrive for our next stay in 24 days :banana: and I'd be happy to post an updated calendar once we arrive.

This is specific enough that I would call the resort to inquire (direct to Vistana Resort, not the 800 reservation number).

I have checked in at midnight, and do not recall SEEING a bellhop team member, but that could mean (s)he was just napping in the back at that time of night. You really have two questions here; can I check my bags at 4:00am, and can I check them without checking in. Only the person on the reservation or guest certificate can actually complete the check-in. Another option is to have HI hold your bags in the morning, and you stop in to get them just before proceeding to SVR. Most hotels would be fine with holding baggage on your departure day while you tour the parks. It might also be easier considering you will be leaving there at OMG o'clock.

Thanks for the response! I wanted to call the resort before replying and finally got around to it.

The person I spoke to confirmed what you said - our names would have to be on the reservation to leave our bags. He said the person who booked it could add our names to it, but we don't want to pester them after they've been so generous.

Personally, I like the idea of leaving them at the Holiday Inn (don't know why I hadn't thought of that) since it would save us an extra trip in the morning. My friend is really reluctant to do that though and since I don't care too much, we'll do it her way.

Thankfully, the daughter of the time share owners has decided to get up at OMG o'clock as well, so it looks like we're covered. :)

Our son has booked a week at SVR in September.....he picked up a two bedroom for $321, all-in, via Skyauction. He too is hoping for Fountains, so he'll be submitting his Diamond Lane request two weeks ahead of his arrival and crossing his fingers that they can accommodate him there.

Hi Gina,
I have the exact same deal, won through Skyauction...we'll be there early September. My confirmation says I'm in Fountains, but, I'm hoping to move so we can be with our friends that are owners in Springs.

Hi Gina,
I have the exact same deal, won through Skyauction...we'll be there early September. My confirmation says I'm in Fountains, but, I'm hoping to move so we can be with our friends that are owners in Springs.

I couldn't believe how cheaply I was able to find a week for him. That price is CRAZY!! Have a great stay! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you're able to be assigned a villa close to your friends :thumbsup2. Be sure to get that Diamond Lane request in.

This is my first post on Sheraton Vistana Resort. Funny fact. We booked in Feb for a May trip. I started doing research about 3 weeks ago and stumbled on this group - started to read and got as far as page 33. Today my husband tells me that we are staying at Sheraton Vistana Villages . . . not Resort. While I was laughing at my confusion, we decided to rebook our trip for Resort because I liked it so much. We also upgraded to the 2 bedroom from 1 bedroom. Just thought we'd have more room - 3 of us - including our almost 9 yr old daughter. We are likely not doing Disney or Universal. Just need a get away that was quick and convenient and I've never stayed off park before so I'm excited. (The last time we were at Disney we had an unfortunate food poisoning incident at Sleepy Hollow in MK and well we haven't been back since. So I'm especially excited to have non park and non Disney food.

I'm confused on the best places to stay at Sheraton . . . I'll have to finish reading the threads. Our top choice would to be near a pool with a waterfall or some kind of tropical ambiance.

Glad you found us Becky and :welcome:to DIS!

You wouldn't have regretted staying at the Villages (aka SVV) either; that's where I got my taste for Sheraton timeshares, and it is every bit as nice as SVR. But your decision to upgrade to a 2BR is certainly a wise one. Generally the extra cost for the 2BR for a week is pretty minimal and the extra space is great.

If you have made it to page 33 already, you've already heard me say that I choose favorites as far as sections go. There are waterfall features at both Cascades and Fountains pools that your 9yo will enjoy. But you don't have to stay in those sections to use those pools, and some villas in other sections (like Spas for Cascades, or Lakes for Fountains) will actually be closer to those pools than villas in that section. We love to pool hop when we are there so we can choose an active pool with music, or a quiet relaxing pool, or a pool where the kids want to play. They are all within an easy walking distance.

The best thing about a timeshare is the options that open up for dining. Stay in, go out, grab a quick ready to eat meal at Publix and bring it back to the villa. If eating in, just remember to keep it simple with quick and easy foods, you are on vacation after all! Introduce DH (or yourself) to the BBQ stations too. A great place to strike up conversations with other guests while preparing your meal.

Most importantly, relax and have a great time! :sunny: days!

Hello all,

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana two years ago and loved it! We're heading back for another visit, and was wondering if there have been any changes at the resort in the last couple of years. We can't wait to be back!

Glad you found us Becky and :welcome:to DIS!

You wouldn't have regretted staying at the Villages (aka SVV) either; that's where I got my taste for Sheraton timeshares, and it is every bit as nice as SVR. But your decision to upgrade to a 2BR is certainly a wise one. Generally the extra cost for the 2BR for a week is pretty minimal and the extra space is great.

If you have made it to page 33 already, you've already heard me say that I choose favorites as far as sections go. There are waterfall features at both Cascades and Fountains pools that your 9yo will enjoy. But you don't have to stay in those sections to use those pools, and some villas in other sections (like Spas for Cascades, or Lakes for Fountains) will actually be closer to those pools than villas in that section. We love to pool hop when we are there so we can choose an active pool with music, or a quiet relaxing pool, or a pool where the kids want to play. They are all within an easy walking distance.

The best thing about a timeshare is the options that open up for dining. Stay in, go out, grab a quick ready to eat meal at Publix and bring it back to the villa. If eating in, just remember to keep it simple with quick and easy foods, you are on vacation after all! Introduce DH (or yourself) to the BBQ stations too. A great place to strike up conversations with other guests while preparing your meal.

Most importantly, relax and have a great time! :sunny: days!

Thanks bankr63! I'm writing down the day icansubmit the Diamond Lane doc. I'm really excited about food choices. We are total foodies - incl the kid - I made reservations at Kona, Bongos and Taverna Opa. Our fav pizza place - Anthony's coal fired - is on the radar and maybe Slate - a newcomer. Planning to hit up Publix and Whole Foods and do breakfast/lunch in the timeshare. Was hoping to get Chef Arts but we were too late for times.

And just hoping to hang out by the pool most days! R&R.

Hello all,

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana two years ago and loved it! We're heading back for another visit, and was wondering if there have been any changes at the resort in the last couple of years. We can't wait to be back!
Not a lot of changes come to mind, and no major changes. I think it would be just about 2 years ago that they were finishing up the makeover of the Welcome Centre. Since then, Zimmies and few other common areas have received a face lift as well. The exercise centres are now all upgraded to Sheraton Fitness by Core. A second firepit has been installed on the Marketplace Back Porch. Pretty sure that all of the sections now have the new gas BBQ stations. Recent maintenance has focused on replacing all soft surfaces in the villas, rotating through the various sections. Those are the ones I can remember from the newsletters, I am sure there have been more!

ETA: One more rule change of note. SVR does now have a 1 in 4 rule for TIMESHARE EXCHANGES only (Vistana owners excluded). If you are exchanging into Sheraton Vistana Resort you need to be aware of this rule. This does not impact on hotel stays or other offers.

Last edited:
Not a lot of changes come to mind, and no major changes. I think it would be just about 2 years ago that they were finishing up the makeover of the Welcome Centre. Since then, Zimmies and few other common areas have received a face lift as well. The exercise centres are now all upgraded to Sheraton Fitness by Core. A second firepit has been installed on the Marketplace Back Porch. Pretty sure that all of the sections now have the new gas BBQ stations. Recent maintenance has focused on replacing all soft surfaces in the villas, rotating through the various sections. Those are the ones I can remember from the newsletters, I am sure there have been more!

ETA: One more rule change of note. SVR does now have a 1 in 4 rule for TIMESHARE EXCHANGES only (Vistana owners excluded). If you are exchanging into Sheraton Vistana Resort you need to be aware of this rule. This does not impact on hotel stays or other offers.

Thanks bankr63! You are correct, they had just finished up the Welcome Center makeover when we last visited. We'll look forward to seeing the little makeovers across the resort...although it was already a fantastic place! And may I say this is a fantastic thread and thank you and the other contributors. There is so much great data and advice here for those who don't know the Vistana as well as you do. Thanks again. :thanks:

I was going to look at skyauction as I put my trip together for September, Do they have Monday or Tuesday checkins or does it need to be the weekend?

I was going to look at skyauction as I put my trip together for September, Do they have Monday or Tuesday checkins or does it need to be the weekend?
Usually the weeks that sell on skyauction or similar sites are for timeshare weeks that always have Friday Saturday or Sunday check in, but read the fine print on the listing to see. If you get a really good deal it can be worth taking a Sunday checkin then burning the first day, and then add on a day or two from Sheraton site directly. Worth checking out.

Good afternoon! We have 3 units reserved at the Vistana in a couple of weeks (2-2bdr, and 1-1bdr). It's been a couple of years since our last visit. I want to do the Diamond Lane check-in again, as I have always done before, but when I click on the link on page 1, it's a different form. It has all of the spaces to put your info, but where to you write your requests? (section, floor,building...) We would like the 3 units be somewhat close together, preferably Cascades. What are the chances of that happening?

Good afternoon! We have 3 units reserved at the Vistana in a couple of weeks (2-2bdr, and 1-1bdr). It's been a couple of years since our last visit. I want to do the Diamond Lane check-in again, as I have always done before, but when I click on the link on page 1, it's a different form. It has all of the spaces to put your info, but where to you write your requests? (section, floor,building...) We would like the 3 units be somewhat close together, preferably Cascades. What are the chances of that happening?

We arrive for our next stay on April 29th, and when we went to submit our request through Diamond Lane, I noticed that same change to the form as well. So, I waited to receive my email confirmation from the Diamond Lane concierge, and when it arrived (about 2 days after the DL form was submitted), I just replied back and asked if she would be able to assist us with the villa requests (for us, top floor and close to the Fountains Pool). I received a response from her the same day confirming she was able to accommodate us.

We arrive for our next stay on April 29th, and when we went to submit our request through Diamond Lane, I noticed that same change to the form as well. So, I waited to receive my email confirmation from the Diamond Lane concierge, and when it arrived (about 2 days after the DL form was submitted), I just replied back and asked if she would be able to assist us with the villa requests (for us, top floor and close to the Fountains Pool). I received a response from her the same day confirming she was able to accommodate us.
Thanks so much! We check in on May 12, so, I should send in the diamond lane now, and then "tweak" it when they reply?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter