The State of Georgia vs Justin Ross Harris

: Cathy @courtchatter
now
#RossHarris - In Search Warrant Murphy listed to search the laptop for any searches on hot car deaths, testified Harris searched for that

Cathy @courtchatter
9s
#RossHarris - Def: The state is obstructing the jury from knowing this information.

a: Cathy @courtchatter
now
#RossHarris - Judge dismisses jury for the weekend. Defense moves for a mistrial, again. Judge denies. Court is adjourned.

a: Cathy @courtchatter
now
#RossHarris - Judge dismisses jury for the weekend. Defense moves for a mistrial, again. Judge denies. Court is adjourned.

How many times is he going to try for a mistrial. haha. I shouldn't laugh because this is a murder case but he seems incompetent to keep trying.

I guess the point of this is supposed to be that he wasn't just going to the car to check on Cooper?

I think this will work against the defense in that the man could remember to buy lightbulbs at lunch, couldn't remember his kid was dying in the car.
This in MHO , everyone may have a different view. He did not look into the vehicle when he threw the bulbs in. I think he went there to see if Cooper was still living. He normally drove to lunch, this round he went with everyone else. For most people I would hope it would always be a mistake and forgot the child. But there is so much that went on that morning and all the other things he did , he did not forget Cooper at all. Did you see pages back with the pictures of the car with the doll? The scans were excellent with the doll in the car.

How many times is he going to try for a mistrial. haha. I shouldn't laugh because this is a murder case but he seems incompetent to keep trying.

It would be incompetent for the Defense to not move for a mistrial, these issues are going to come back up in appeals. If they succeed in having probable cause thrown out, there goes the evidence of the sexting with kids.

It would be incompetent for the Defense to not move for a mistrial, these issues are going to come back up in appeals. If they succeed in having probable cause thrown out, there goes the evidence of the sexting with kids.

Ah. It just seems silly from the outside looking in. I do know there is that whole part where you can appeal saying your lawyer wasn't doing their best so I guess trying for mistrial would be apart of trying their hardest.

This in MHO , everyone may have a different view. He did not look into the vehicle when he threw the bulbs in. I think he went there to see if Cooper was still living. He normally drove to lunch, this round he went with everyone else. For most people I would hope it would always be a mistake and forgot the child. But there is so much that went on that morning and all the other things he did , he did not forget Cooper at all. Did you see pages back with the pictures of the car with the doll? The scans were excellent with the doll in the car.

I don't think the scans helped the State at all, they helped the Defense. Those side views showed the car seat much further back than one would think given all the testimony as to how the car seat was right there next to Harris, doesn't show that in the scans.

We hope not , good grief we don't need him back out there texting these teens again. Can't do anything about the adults. I think this judge is pretty spot on. But anything is possible.

I don't think the scans helped the State at all, they helped the Defense. Those side views showed the car seat much further back than one would think given all the testimony as to how the car seat was right there next to Harris, doesn't show that in the scans.
I don't know, but I am usually wrong.....but that one juror walked away with her hands over her face. Not something they will forget. They were allowed to lean into the car. All it takes is one juror. I can't wait for Leanna to take the stand.

Ah. It just seems silly from the outside looking in. I do know there is that whole part where you can appeal saying your lawyer wasn't doing their best so I guess trying for mistrial would be apart of trying their hardest.

It makes me kinda sick when law enforcement embellish evidence when they should just let the evidence speak for itself. The premise of justice is we make the State prove guilt, not the defendant prove innocence.

It makes me kinda sick when law enforcement embellish evidence when they should just let the evidence speak for itself. The premise of justice is we make the State prove guilt, not the defendant prove innocence.
This whole warrant issue may come up again at some point. He was told to get warrants on hearsay not truth. This one baffles my mind.

A thousand times this!
Use the evidence you have, if it's not enough, sorry, then it's just not enough. No one should be convicted that way, but it happens.
Take away all of the suppositions and the wishful thinking of the prosecution, and I don't feel they have proved intent by a long shot.
Yeah, I don't like Harris, glad they'll get him on the texting charges, but the warrant issues, the embellishments, not right.
Let the truth speak for itself.

Sometimes the police and other parties get over zealous and make accussations before they get it right. I say bring in the magistrate, sp? But everything needs to be the truth and nothing that is not involved or based on hearsay.

Sometimes the police and other parties get over zealous and make accussations before they get it right. I say bring in the magistrate, sp? But everything needs to be the truth and nothing that is not involved or based on hearsay.

If they bring in that magistrate (not gonna happen), that testimony would only prove any evidence seized from those warrants is fruit of the poisonous tree. Google that and see what happens to all that evidence of his sexting with the kids. And then give this some thought, you're one of the jurors and you find out all this embellishment after you've deliberated and decided his verdict.

If they bring in that magistrate (not gonna happen), that testimony would only prove any evidence seized from those warrants is fruit of the poisonous tree. Google that and see what happens to all that evidence of his sexting with the kids. And then give this some thought, you're one of the jurors and you find out all this embellishment after you've deliberated and decided his verdict.
\

I'm sorry I mean to put a laughing thing there..... about the magistrate....

He is very guilty of all those texts as I call them. For a long time I have been going back and forth with this case. He will be found guilty of those things. As for the jury I would not want to be on this one for a million dollars.

I really hope things are straightened out by the defense going forward, so the assumptions and heresay are debunked. I'm sure they'll go point by point to separate what is factual and what is not. The jury will have to really separate their emotions from their deliberations, even if certain things are cleared up. Harris was villianized (even more of a villian then he actually is, maybe?) and it will be hard to unring that bell...

A question, do you think this was deliberately done by the prosecution (the warrants based on heresay, for example?) Or did they not investigate further to uncover the real truth about Harris' activities because the heresay worked for them? (Malicious vs sloppy investigating?)

I really hope things are straightened out by the defense going forward, so the assumptions and heresay are debunked. I'm sure they'll go point by point to separate what is factual and what is not. The jury will have to really separate their emotions from their deliberations, even if certain things are cleared up. Harris was villianized (even more of a villian then he actually is, maybe?) and it will be hard to unring that bell...

A question, do you think this was deliberately done by the prosecution (the warrants based on heresay, for example?) Or did they not investigate further to uncover the real truth about Harris' activities because the heresay worked for them? (Malicious vs sloppy investigating?)

I totally agree with your first thought and in regards to your questions in your second paragraph, I think the State (including law enforcement) was as focused on convicting Harris (based on his dramatics, real or perceived) as Harris was focused on sexting. Persinger's testimony concerning the "search" for jury selection/psychology was detrimental to the integrity of the forensic examination of Harris' computer/phone. And Stoddard, I wanted to trust his testimony because he conducted the Harris interrogation so well, but his lack of professionalism on the stand made me doubt him.

I have to admit Harris' text about Cooper draining his paycheck was somewhat shocking to me, but then my personal experience (and the jurors will bring in their own experiences) I said the same damn thing when my kid was in his senior year of high school.

All in all, at the close of the State's case, I'm not convinced they proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt despite the fact Harris was not that great a father as he claims to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter