"There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again! UPDATE 1/13

MAELSTROM FASTPASSES?! I mean the fact that you were able to attain those is just... I need to recover.

Ok I'm good! Omg as SOON as you said "we walked to the animal puppets" I was like THEY FOUND A DEER PUPPET. Oh Norman! :lovestruc

I want a Duffy too! I think he's just so cute. I mean why shouldn't Mickey have a teddy bear? So cute! I want to meet Duffy next trip.

THE PRE-ILLUMINATIONS MUSIC. It's so much fun. So dance-able. It's like Irish jiggy-like. I love it.

Oh the school bread frumpiness. It's all so beautiful. What I wouldn't give to be deliriously happy at Epcot right now!

YAY for the videos! I'm not gonna lie since you mentioned we had the same ME bus driver I went over and watched some of your January vids again! I love them. I am excited to watch the new ones tomorrow sometime! :cool1:

hahahaha YOU'RE WELCOME! always glad to provide frumparific new words!

I love that you guys did the Kidcot Fun Stop!!! I want to do one!

Wow, now that I know the story of Duffy I like him so much more! I didn't get it before haha.

Kristen seriously cracks me up. I quote Full House all the time. There's this one episode where Stephanie drives Joey's car into the kitchen and Michelle sees and goes around telling people "THERE'S A CAR IN THE KITCHEN!" and no one believes her. So me and my friends, whenever something crazy/big/unbelievable happens, we say, "THERE'S A CAR IN THE KITCHEN!!!!" before saying what actually happened. We're cool. LOL

Can you believe I have never had School Bread!?!?!?!!?

Your videos are so great as usual. You are inspiring me to do that next time! but holding the camera is annoying! I need a videographer. And OMG your reaction when Aladdin asks for your arm hahaha I LOVE IT. You're like YES OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN HAVE MY ARM, AND MY HAND IN MARRIAGE, SORRY JASMINE.

Oh my gosh those puppets are so funny!
You guys were particularly frumpy tonight :laughing: but I would be too after going non-stop down there. The school bread and cream puff look so yummy right now! I wish WS opened earlier so I could eat foreign baked goods for breakfast. :)

I love the Duffys! That is something I would do because I love to color.
Can't wait to catch up on the videos later!

Why yes, yes it is. Speaking of which, did I see something on Twitter about a possible frumpy recreation of the Stacey show? Because that is going to be mindblowingly awesome.

Haha it definitely would be!

I love the little puppet stand. I doubt anyone ever buys 'em, but they sure are fun to play with. Norman the Deer is adorable.

Oh, I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to color a Duffy!

I have noticed how fantastic the Illuminations pre-show music is. I like to call it THE PRE-ILLUMINATIONS TECHNO DANCE PARTY because once the beat drops, I don't stop. :cool1:

I'm cracking up at the fact that the 'Sorry, we're not showing this lame, er, majestic movie today' says 'Sorry for the inconvenience' at the bottom. Who would find that to be an inconvenience? The fact that the movie even exists is the true inconvenience.

I secretly want a Duffy too. With Lederhosen. Katie bought a Duffy in July and he has a little Woody costume and it's pretty much the most adorable thing ever.

Sarah's so brave for trying (and enjoying) Mission Space. It's one of my 'I REFUSE' rides. It's basically just a panic attack waiting to happen.

The videos are excellent as usual. You do a great job! :thumbsup2

The sad thing is that when I went back in December, Norman was GONE. So I don't know if someone bought him or what.. but I need to do an investigation and find him!! Those puppets are too fun.

I always have too! So I did. I have no shame. I am 5 years old.

YEAH RIGHT!? Oh my God I just want to dance like a maniac when that comes on. It's like my favorite music in the world. I have this one loop on my iPod of IllumiNations PreShow music, but I don't think they play this one specifically anymore. However, it's my favorite loop of all time. I love it!

True that, sister! My Mom is always like "don't you want to stay and watch the movie just this once?" NO I DON'T! Sorry, norvay.

That is SO cute. My Jungle Cruise Skipper friend has a Duffy with a Jungle Cruise Skipper outfit and I just about died because that's probably the cutest thing I've ever heard. I must get a Duffy next time, no exceptions. Do you know how much he costs!

Yeah, you would not be a fan of Mission: SPACE. I didn't go on it until this past January and I was pretty much freaking out. The green side is fine but that orange side is crazy business.

Oh thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them! That nighttime one is VERY frumpy LOL

I love your frump-date. It puts a smile on my face to see such deliriousness! :rotfl2:

And I'm being a very good girl and not watching the videos in advance, just waiting for you to post them. :littleangel:

Oh thank you. We were a little nuts haha
I give you credit for waiting! All of them are up now on youtube, but I haven't finished posting them on the trip report. But if you want to watch them all in a row they are FINALLY all there!

MAELSTROM FASTPASSES?! I mean the fact that you were able to attain those is just... I need to recover.

Ok I'm good! Omg as SOON as you said "we walked to the animal puppets" I was like THEY FOUND A DEER PUPPET. Oh Norman! :lovestruc

I want a Duffy too! I think he's just so cute. I mean why shouldn't Mickey have a teddy bear? So cute! I want to meet Duffy next trip.

THE PRE-ILLUMINATIONS MUSIC. It's so much fun. So dance-able. It's like Irish jiggy-like. I love it.

Oh the school bread frumpiness. It's all so beautiful. What I wouldn't give to be deliriously happy at Epcot right now!

YAY for the videos! I'm not gonna lie since you mentioned we had the same ME bus driver I went over and watched some of your January vids again! I love them. I am excited to watch the new ones tomorrow sometime! :cool1:

Oh I know. It was a miracle that any where available at such a late time of the day!!!

Haha YES. We did. We would, right?

I think he's so cute! I'm definitely getting one next time. I need one!

I agree! Dance party yeah yeah!

Same here. I miss it!

I'm so glad!! I love when people watch the videos, old or new! I hope you like the new ones too!

hahahaha YOU'RE WELCOME! always glad to provide frumparific new words!

I love that you guys did the Kidcot Fun Stop!!! I want to do one!

Wow, now that I know the story of Duffy I like him so much more! I didn't get it before haha.

Kristen seriously cracks me up. I quote Full House all the time. There's this one episode where Stephanie drives Joey's car into the kitchen and Michelle sees and goes around telling people "THERE'S A CAR IN THE KITCHEN!" and no one believes her. So me and my friends, whenever something crazy/big/unbelievable happens, we say, "THERE'S A CAR IN THE KITCHEN!!!!" before saying what actually happened. We're cool. LOL

Can you believe I have never had School Bread!?!?!?!!?

Your videos are so great as usual. You are inspiring me to do that next time! but holding the camera is annoying! I need a videographer. And OMG your reaction when Aladdin asks for your arm hahaha I LOVE IT. You're like YES OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN HAVE MY ARM, AND MY HAND IN MARRIAGE, SORRY JASMINE.

LOL your brilliance is probably going to be mentioned several times throughout this trip report. :rotfl: You are a great frump!

Those Kidcot Funstops are the best. I honestly would probably do one even if I was by myself. They're just too cute!!

I know I was glad that lady explained!

THERE'S A CAR IN THE KITCHEN!!! Oh my God I can hear her little voice in my head. I used to be OBSESSED with full house. Like, I knew every episode, what season it was in, every title, story line, actor, etc. When I was in 6th grade Full House was my life. It also helped me survive those horrible times at college. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

AHHH Don't tell Kristen! I told her I didn't have any on my December trip and I almost got slapped! :rotfl:

Thank you! And oh I know. Nobody wants to ever be the videographer... so that's why I'm not in the videos as much as the others. :laughing: But thankfully we were pretty good about sharing it in August. It's a lot of work but it's fun. And then watching it over and over again is ridiculously fun haha

And AHHH YES ALADDIN YOU MAY MARRY ME. :love: That is exactly how I felt. *swoon* Move over, Jasmine, there's a new girl in town. :lmao:

Oh my gosh those puppets are so funny!
You guys were particularly frumpy tonight :laughing: but I would be too after going non-stop down there. The school bread and cream puff look so yummy right now! I wish WS opened earlier so I could eat foreign baked goods for breakfast. :)

I love the Duffys! That is something I would do because I love to color.
Can't wait to catch up on the videos later!

Haha why yes we were. It was pretty insane.
I totally agree!! Kringla should be open for breakfast it would be perfect!
Thank you! It was super fun to make those! I love duffy!
I hope you enjoy the videos!

It was pretty frumpy to get a FP for Maelstrom hahaha. Love that! Yum to Norway; I love their cinnamon rolls. My mom likes the school bread...gotta try it again though. I don't really remember it. Not a fan of coconut though. The night before you leave is always a sad one...goes too quickly!! Oh and, yay for Sarah going on Mission Space! I remember my first time; it was an AP preview before the ride was officially opened. There was only the one side then; the intense one. Boy was I nervous about that! It was fun though but honestly it's not a ride I NEED to go on every trip!

Just watched your videos....oh my gosh Kristen sounds just like Sweetums! So funny!!! Love it!

That is SO cute. My Jungle Cruise Skipper friend has a Duffy with a Jungle Cruise Skipper outfit and I just about died because that's probably the cutest thing I've ever heard. I must get a Duffy next time, no exceptions. Do you know how much he costs!
I think that is the most adorable thing I've ever heard omg.

The bear itself was like $30, I think. The outfits were another $15ish each.

What a fun day!!! I love that you found a deer puppet!!! Ha!

You girls are so fun!!! I love that you did the Kidcot, and colored Duffy's! My daughter who is 7 bought a Duffy while we were there in September, and she loves him! Santa even brought Duffy some outfits from around the World for Christmas! :thumbsup2

Warning, I think I am about to write a lot:laughing:

First off, I love all the pictures! Such craziness! You and your friends honestly remind me of me and my friends and I love it:goodvibes

Second, your Duffy's made me laugh so much! My cousin and I have an on-going joke about Duffy since he brought one for his friend a few years back (his friend's last name is Duffy). Of course when he brought one Duffy was not big in WDW yet so now he gets such a kick out of how big its gotten. Whenever we see Duffy outfits we always start laughing because its crazy how they have EVERYTHING for Duffy now. This past trip we started joking that Duffy was created because Mickey Mouse stuffed animal sales were down so they needed somethng new to make money off of:laughing: And we said that when we bring our kids back to WDW in 20 years they wont even knoe Mickey, they will only know Duffy...Walt Disney World will become Walt Duffy World!:rotfl:

Third, on my past trip I actually tried school bread for the first time because I remember reading about it in your previous TR's! Honestly, I hated it:lmao: The topping was really good but the bread itself was dry. Maybe it was just an off day though:confused3

Ok, I think that's it:laughing: Cant wait for more!

It was pretty frumpy to get a FP for Maelstrom hahaha. Love that! Yum to Norway; I love their cinnamon rolls. My mom likes the school bread...gotta try it again though. I don't really remember it. Not a fan of coconut though. The night before you leave is always a sad one...goes too quickly!! Oh and, yay for Sarah going on Mission Space! I remember my first time; it was an AP preview before the ride was officially opened. There was only the one side then; the intense one. Boy was I nervous about that! It was fun though but honestly it's not a ride I NEED to go on every trip!

Just watched your videos....oh my gosh Kristen sounds just like Sweetums! So funny!!! Love it!

Hahaha expect nothing less of us! ;)
I never had their cinnamon rolls, but I bet they are delicious! You should definitely try some school bread!
I know right?! You always want to savor the moment and before you know it it's time for bed!
Wow you're lucky you went on it for the preview! (and survived!!) And I totally agree.. I only go on it on friend trips. My family won't step foot near it!
LOL Yeah she does!! Most people would be offended by a comment like that, but I guarantee you Kristen will be honored. :lmao: She's a muppet.

I think that is the most adorable thing I've ever heard omg.

The bear itself was like $30, I think. The outfits were another $15ish each.

Yeah, right!?
And oh boy haha. Well... it's worth the investment. I am a child, I know. Build a Bears are only like 10 or 15 bucks. Come on, Duffy.

What a fun day!!! I love that you found a deer puppet!!! Ha!

You girls are so fun!!! I love that you did the Kidcot, and colored Duffy's! My daughter who is 7 bought a Duffy while we were there in September, and she loves him! Santa even brought Duffy some outfits from around the World for Christmas! :thumbsup2

Hahaha I'm glad you enjoyed that!
Thank you! LOL of course we did! That's so cute that she got one!! And those outfits had to be an awesome present!

Your trip reports are so fun to read!

Aww thank you! :)

Warning, I think I am about to write a lot:laughing:

First off, I love all the pictures! Such craziness! You and your friends honestly remind me of me and my friends and I love it:goodvibes

Second, your Duffy's made me laugh so much! My cousin and I have an on-going joke about Duffy since he brought one for his friend a few years back (his friend's last name is Duffy). Of course when he brought one Duffy was not big in WDW yet so now he gets such a kick out of how big its gotten. Whenever we see Duffy outfits we always start laughing because its crazy how they have EVERYTHING for Duffy now. This past trip we started joking that Duffy was created because Mickey Mouse stuffed animal sales were down so they needed somethng new to make money off of:laughing: And we said that when we bring our kids back to WDW in 20 years they wont even knoe Mickey, they will only know Duffy...Walt Disney World will become Walt Duffy World!:rotfl:

Third, on my past trip I actually tried school bread for the first time because I remember reading about it in your previous TR's! Honestly, I hated it:lmao: The topping was really good but the bread itself was dry. Maybe it was just an off day though:confused3

Ok, I think that's it:laughing: Cant wait for more!

No problem! I'm used to long comments :thumbsup2

Thank you! Hahaha yeah we're a bunch of nuts.

LOL that's super funny. I know, Duffy has practically taken over Epcot. I wonder what he will conquer next! :laughing:

Aww did you? That's sad :( It is definitely better on some days than others. But maybe you aren't a fan of the coconut or something. I don't know. School bread (most of the time, anyway) tastes delicious to me!

Thanks for reading!

Chapter 32: DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!!
August 24th, 2011

Good Morning.

It's our last morning of the trip. Such a sad, sad day.

We slept in on this day until 8 O'CLOCK AM! I know, we're maniacs.

I got up, took a shower, and packed up my suitcase. I felt like I was moving so slow. Packing on that last morning is the WORST. Even though you have a little more time to do stuff, it's hard to get ready to leave.

Kristen and her whole family came down to say goodbye to us this morning. They were going to Animal Kingdom and we were going to Magic Kingdom. So we said our goodbyes.

dsc00329je.jpg

The last time I said "goodbye" to Kristen before she went to Disney, we basically had a sob fest because she thought she wasn't going to see me until after I started college. Of course, this time it was sad, but we were just so thankful to have had this wonderful, unexpected trip together. We knew we'd be together again real soon!

After our last hugs, we called bell services and they picked up me and Nat. We got to take a little ride in a golf cart.

On our drive to El Centro, our driver stopped to dig out a paper. While he was stopped, this Mom and her daughter came up to the cart and was like "are you going to the main area? Can we have a ride?" LOL it was super random! I didn't know you could do that. But hey, whatever. He gave them a ride. No big deal, apparently.

We got to El Centro and dropped off our bags with Magical Express.

Then what's the best thing to do right before you are forced to leave Disney?

GO TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM IMMEDIATELY!

That's right - we weren't done yet! Time to soak up our last bit of magic!

It took FOREVER for the bus to show up. And when it finally did, it was some weird, random, knock off bus. We were very confused.

busw.jpg

Nevertheless, we hopped on and it took us right to the Magic Kingdom!

DOESN'T THIS LOOK LIKE A HIDDEN MICKEY PUDDLE!? I thought so.

dsc1077u.jpg

We arrived and wanted to get some breakfast! So we went to the bakery, but the line was WAYY out the door. We didn't feel like spending half of our morning waiting there, so we kept walking.

My feet and ankles and right side of my right foot were KILLING me on this trip. I'm pretty sure I was limping through the Magic Kingdom. BUT NOTHING WAS GONNA STOP ME!

We walked over to the Enchanted Grove and got some food. They had a VERY limited menu. I got fruit loops:

dsc1082y.jpg

And Nat got a Muffin:

dsc1081vf.jpg

Woohoo.

Really, the Main Street Bakery is the way to go if you're eating a Magic Kingdom Counter Service Breakfast. Trust me.

We ended up eating inside of Cosmic Rays because it was air conditioned, had tables, and there was no one in there. Perfect.

We looked over at the counter and people were actually ordering burgers at 10:30 am!!! That's kind of insane. I mean, I would probably do something like that. But I still find it odd!

We ate and then got some Space Mountain fastpasses!

Then we started heading towards Adventureland! While we were passing through Fantasyland, a Photo Pass guy saw Nat's Birthday Button and made a big deal out of it. He went to give her a high five but kept pulling away. He saw another group of 3 girls with Birthday Buttons and did the same thing.

Then he told us to follow him to the Alice topiaries and he took our pictures posing like Minnie and Alice.

augustt.jpg

He was kind of strange... but you know. Whatever. I mean, that's cool. We thanked him and went over to the Tiki Room!

dsc0967vd.jpg

We only waited 2 minutes until the next show began! This was my first time seeing it as the "old" version.

dsc0968u.jpg

OH MY GOD IT WAS SO CUTE. Like seriously, I love it SO much more. I just got this extremely happy feeling while watching it - it was so classic. It made me feel like I was right back in that "beginning of the Disney theme parks" era. It's SO precious. Thank GOD those original birds are back!

dsc1087s.jpg

Afterwords we went over to Splash Mountain. The wait time said 20 minutes, so we hopped in line! We didn't have to wait very long which was great!

dsc1091u.jpg

We were in the third row. The ride still wasn't completely working. The little sweeping bunnies weren't talking either! They needed to fix that. Splash Mountain was falling apart on this trip!

dsc1092f.jpg

We got off Splash Mountain and then went on the Walt Disney World railroad.

LOOK WHO WE SAW!

dsc1095z.jpg

AND LOOK WHO ELSE!!!!

dsc1098z.jpg

I promise you, there are deer EVERYWHERE in Disney. Just keep your eyes open!

We got to the new Fantasyland area and I got SUPER excited!! It's going to be UNBELIEVABLE! I just can't even describe how much I am looking forward to all of these new things!

This is your last look at Toontown right here:

dsc1101p.jpg

dsc1102g.jpg

I am EXTREMELY excited for The Little Mermaid part. And the Beauty and the Beast part. EEEEEEE!

dsc1083i.jpg

(This picture was taken from near the tea cups, but I wanted to display what I meant! Amazing, right!?)

The beast's castle, the rock formation for Ariel, and the tents for Dumbo were visible at this time. The Toontown Hall of Fame sign was still up, but Mickey and Minnie's houses were gone. RIP.

dsc1103of.jpg

The train started up again, and we got off at the Main Street Station. The wait to meet Mickey and Minnie was only 10 minutes so we got in line.

These people had "I ♥ Mickey M°o°use" shirts on. (They looked like "I ♥ NY" shirts.) I LOVED them. Oh my gosh. So cute.

As a side note, I also need to learn how to make those cool tie dye mickey shirts. I can't believe I have never done that!

After our little wait, we were loaded in the room you wait in before you meet Mickey. The Cast Member did some "bad" magic tricks for the kids to pass the time. Then the other Cast Member came and got us to come meet Mickey! The CM magician wanted to go too but the other CM wouldn't let her! LOL

We met Mickey and Minnie and they were precious!

dsc0001ha.jpg

They gave us great big hugs! WAHH DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!!

dsc00022sf.jpg

We exited Town Square and headed down Main Street. We were headed to our lunch destination when someone came up from behind me and hugged me! I was caught by complete surprise and definitely did the stunned deer face for a minute. But it was VICKIE!!!

dsc0007jpx.jpg

Dan was there too!

dsc0018hd.jpg

We wanted to see them before we headed out, so it worked out perfectly that they were at the Magic Kingdom that day, too! They also had someone else with them...

dsc00042ml.jpg

dsc0008ayc.jpg

TIM!! Who is Vickie's brother! If you read the Bathrobe Princess Trip Report from January, you may remember Tim. He came and spent our last full day with us at the Magic Kingdom and went with us to our 1900 Park Fare Dinner! It was really nice to see him again! It was like a reunion!

We chatted while Dan kept clicking some pictures of us:

dsc00122a.jpg

dsc0009qhf.jpg

We were all sad that Nat and I had to leave that day. But it was nice to see Vick, Dan, and Tim before it was really time to go!

After a little bit, we really had to run to our reservation! So we said goodbye and hoped we would see them again later!

Continued in Next Post

Ah! Another amazing day! (I've missed so much, good thing I caught up now!)
I know what you mean about all the boys kinda just flocking, I had always gone with a group of people including 1 or 2 boys, but this past trip with just Sylvia & I, it was flirting galore! Insane!

I *really* need to eat at Via Napoli, it just looks too good! You guys really had a blast at Epcot, that's for sure! I understand needing to take the nap during the day too! I always hit a mid day slump during the trip, I usually fix it with carrot cake, or a ride on the biggest thrill of whatever park I'm in. One thing I've noticed; it's incredibly hard to find energy drinks in the parks, which is what I would use normally, it's just too hot for coffee!

So sad that you're almost done your TR, but hey! There's another one in the works! :banana: Now the next question is, do you have a next trip planned? :laughing:

:sad1: for going home. What a fun trip!! We're off the the world in 2 weeks with some friends...you girls make me want to take some time to ditch the husbands and kids and frolic with my friend! :yay:

It is never any fun leaving :sad2:. At least you knew you would be back for Christmas :banana:.

Your dress is SO cute. You got that when you and your mom went to Disney - didn't you? Love it.

Yes that puddle does look like a hidden Mickey. Isn't it funny how even when you are not looking that you can start seeing them everywhere.

How was the Tiki Room? That is my ringtone (well one of them). In The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room :rolleyes1. It was closed the last time I was there.

I had to do a double take at the deer. They looked REAL.

I saw those deers on the train as well. The first one I just caught a glimpse of it, and at first I was sure I had seen a real live deer. But then I saw more of the fake deers, so the first one must have been fake as well. Oh well.

I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers the Tiki Room under new management than the new-old version. I found it a bit boring. :confused3 I would, however, love to see the Tokyo version with Stitch!!!

The last day is always so sad, but it's a great surprise that you got to see Vicky again. :)

First, I love, love, LOVE the hidden Mickey puddle! How cool was that? Second, your "deer" video made me laugh so hard, too funny!! Third, can't wait to read your next trip report on your Christmas trip, you're so good at TR's...and lastly, I really like your black flip flops! I'm a flip flop maniac!!! What kind are they and are they comfy enough for the parks? I'm always looking for a cute and comfy new pair ;)

Ah! Another amazing day! (I've missed so much, good thing I caught up now!)
I know what you mean about all the boys kinda just flocking, I had always gone with a group of people including 1 or 2 boys, but this past trip with just Sylvia & I, it was flirting galore! Insane!

I *really* need to eat at Via Napoli, it just looks too good! You guys really had a blast at Epcot, that's for sure! I understand needing to take the nap during the day too! I always hit a mid day slump during the trip, I usually fix it with carrot cake, or a ride on the biggest thrill of whatever park I'm in. One thing I've noticed; it's incredibly hard to find energy drinks in the parks, which is what I would use normally, it's just too hot for coffee!

So sad that you're almost done your TR, but hey! There's another one in the works! :banana: Now the next question is, do you have a next trip planned? :laughing:

Yay for catching up!
Hahaha I feel like when you're in a group of teenagers/young adults, the boys just flock. But if you're with family, they admire from afar. :laughing:
Via Napoli is DELICIOUS you definitely need to eat there.
And yeah a midday energizer is necessary - I agree!
Yes, the trip reports never end! hahaha and NO I DON'T!!!! I have some potential ideas but nothing is set is stone yet. I will let you all know once I figure it out. :laughing:

:sad1: for going home. What a fun trip!! We're off the the world in 2 weeks with some friends...you girls make me want to take some time to ditch the husbands and kids and frolic with my friend! :yay:

It was a wonderful trip! I still have a few more updates but this is basically the end! You should definitely have some girl time with your friend - it's a LOT of fun to just go around and act crazy in Disney! I hope you have a magical trip!

It is never any fun leaving :sad2:. At least you knew you would be back for Christmas :banana:.

Your dress is SO cute. You got that when you and your mom went to Disney - didn't you? Love it.

Yes that puddle does look like a hidden Mickey. Isn't it funny how even when you are not looking that you can start seeing them everywhere.

How was the Tiki Room? That is my ringtone (well one of them). In The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room :rolleyes1. It was closed the last time I was there.

I had to do a double take at the deer. They looked REAL.

Exactly! I had that to look forward to and it made leaving a lot easier!
Thank you! Yes, I did! I got that one at Island Mercantile!
I KNOW RIGHT!? I see hidden mickeys all over the place in Disney that are just accidental. That's just the way the world works. :laughing:
I LOVED the Tiki Room. It's so classic. You'll have to see it next time!
LOL I know don't they? Ah deer. Love them.

I'm so glad to hear you liked the Tiki room. I just love the theme song :goodvibes

It's SO cute! Such a classic.

I saw those deers on the train as well. The first one I just caught a glimpse of it, and at first I was sure I had seen a real live deer. But then I saw more of the fake deers, so the first one must have been fake as well. Oh well.

I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers the Tiki Room under new management than the new-old version. I found it a bit boring. :confused3 I would, however, love to see the Tokyo version with Stitch!!!

The last day is always so sad, but it's a great surprise that you got to see Vicky again. :)

Hahaha don't they look real!? They are awesome.
Wow, you're the first person I've ever heard say that! :laughing: I just like this one because it's a classic, nothing can replace the classics in my hear!
I know, it was sad. But yes, seeing Vick was awesome!

First, I love, love, LOVE the hidden Mickey puddle! How cool was that? Second, your "deer" video made me laugh so hard, too funny!! Third, can't wait to read your next trip report on your Christmas trip, you're so good at TR's...and lastly, I really like your black flip flops! I'm a flip flop maniac!!! What kind are they and are they comfy enough for the parks? I'm always looking for a cute and comfy new pair ;)

I know right!?
HAHAHA oh thank you. I thought that would be an appropriate way to end the movie.
Thank you so much! That's so nice! It's started so I hope you enjoy what I have done so far!
And thank you! I actually can't recall the type of flip flops they are. But they do end up giving me blisters. :headache: So I don't know if I would recommend them anyways haha​

Hey everyone! So I'm starting up at my new college on Sunday, and having two trip reports going would probably be a terrible idea on my part since I am about to get very busy!
So I am going to speed up the end of this one so I'll be able just to focus on the Christmas TR for the next few months.
So don't miss the update from yesterday! I'm speed writing here, so feel free to read at your own pace. I just don't want you to miss an update!
We only have this one and one more update/final thoughts post to go! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 33: Celebrate A Dream Come True!"
August 24th, 2011

After talking with Vickie and Dan, we headed over to Liberty Square to check in for our lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern!

dsc00202wz.jpg

We checked in, started coloring a picture, and then we were seated! It was very quick!

Our server's name was Raymond and he was from Puerto Rico. He was a little bit of a frump and slightly forgetful (he brought me iced tea instead of water at first!) but he made sure everything was fixed! He was efficient and cared about getting his job done!

We were seated in the Betsy Ross Room:

dsc00322ti.jpg

Nat caught a cold (due to our intense commando touring and not sleeping) so she ordered some of the Pomegranate Lemonade to soothe her throat. It tasted really good to her, so that's a plus!

dsc0023rg.jpg

I colored some more because I am a child:

dsc00242oi.jpg

Nat went to the bathroom while I was doing that, and before she even came back, our food was there! Hooray!

I ordered the Pot Roast which was AMAZING. My friend Alicia told me to get it, and although I never had pot roast before, I just went for it.

IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE. It tasted so good. I didn't even need a knife to cut the meat. There was a little bit of fat on the ends, but nothing I couldn't avoid. It was SO GOOD. And those mashed potatoes? AHH. Divine.

dsc00222yq.jpg

Nat got the Turkey Dinner, which was great as well! She absolutely loved that and I think she ate almost all of it. I think the turkey didn't need a knife either, it was that good!

dsc00212z.jpg

For dessert I ordered the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake which I had been eyeing up on the DIS for MONTHS. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint! It reminded me of that one chocolate chip dessert at Red Lobster that I LOVE, but even better than that!! Oh my gosh. Yum.

dsc00312ps.jpg

But I'm telling you right now, the real winner was Nat's Chocolate Terrine. We thought the description was funny. "A SLICE of liberation" - said in a very patriotic voice. Picture like... Sam Eagle reading that description. HILARIOUS.

dsc00262yy.jpg

That was absolutely delectable. I can not describe how amazing it was. It was like fudge... but it was cake. It was mindblowingly good.

dsc00302we.jpg

Now, before you all get too excited about it and put it on your "Must TrY' list, I have some TERRIBLE news. THEY TOOK IT OFF OF THE MENU. I am SO devastated, I can't even tell you. Like... it's just not fair. I wanted to get it SO bad when I went in December, but it was gone. Major letdown.

While we were eating dessert, the waiters were fooling around and making jokes with eachother. Raymond and this other waiter said that they were brothers, however we don't really know if they were haha.

Whenever Raymond would walk away, he would come back and ask us what the other waiter, who he referred to as "Fat Santa," told us when he was gone.

Then the other waiter told us to tell Raymond "Thanks Rory!" and that he would understand. Which he did, but I still don't get that joke. All I know is that Rory was my waiter in February at Liberty Tree Tavern so it must of had something to do with him!

Anyways, after our food and that little comedy show, we said goodbye and headed out.

Overview of Liberty Tree Tavern
Food: AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC! Everything was SO good. I was very pleased and impressed. 5/5
Service: Good! The waiters were goofy but quite efficient! 4/5
Overall: Wonderful experience. Very enjoyable and a great last meal. It didn't take long either which was perfect since we had a plane to catch! I'm glad I took Nat there - she really liked it!

After Liberty Tree Tavern, we headed to Tomorrowland!

dsc00332o.jpg

We went to Space Mountain and used our Fastpasses. The line wasn't bad at all and we asked if we could sit in the front! Nat sat in the first seat and I sat behind her.

dsc00352vd.jpg

And then the full flat escalator YAYYY! I love that thing.

dsc0037lq.jpg

Here's Nat and some random lady. Hahaha I don't know why I take pictures of these things.

dsc00382dm.jpg

After our ride, we exited and went over to that little gift stand with the Green Aliens on top. They had a Toy Story shirt there, and Nat just HAD to buy it. She had been looking for one all trip!

There was ONE Kids XL left, and she snatched it right up! I have never seen that girl so happy!

dsc00392d.jpg

As you can probably tell from Nat's picture, we went on the People Mover for our last ride of the trip. I was talking like Mickey the whole time and kept saying "ITSA-MICKEYMOUSH!" and "OH BOY!" throughout the entire thing. And we waved to people. Ahh what a great time. The frumpiness never ends.

dsc00335aa.jpg

We got off of the ride and went over to the Emporium to do some shopping. I barely bought anything on this trip so I wanted to grab a few last minute souvenirs before we left!

I got a Magic Kingdom Beach Towel:

dsc0082lq.jpg

2 Magic Washcloths, which they have REALLY downsized. I am so disappointed in those. I have so many from when I was little and they are a lot bigger. What a let down.

dsc0072pn.jpg

Some Gummies for my Brother:

dsc0066vl.jpg

A Wallet for myself:

dsc0073rz.jpg

And a Charm Necklace!

dsc0086tq.jpg

We checked out and then headed BACK to Liberty Tree Tavern because Vickie and Dan were eating their lunch there. We stood on the steps in front of the restaurant and said goodbye to them. That was the last time I would see them before college. How sad!

After our final hugs, we left and walked down Main Street.

"Celebrate a dream come true, and you might just find a wish for you. When you close your eyes and you realize... any dream is possible!"

dsc00402jr.jpg

The parade was going on as we were leaving.

I'm telling you right now, this was like a MOVIE. Our whole walk down Main Street felt like it was in slow motion. We just listened to the song, looked at the floats, and just started CRYING! The sentimental music, reflecting back on our trip, and knowing I had to go to college when I got home was just all adding up. It was SO SAD! But Main Street felt so incredibly magical.

I didn't want to leave. Tears were running down my face. I had never been that sad to leave before!

"So believe in all you wish, believe in all you wish, believe in all you wish will come to you!"

dsc00422pq.jpg

Tiana saw Nat's birthday button from the float, waved to her, and mouthed "Happy Birthday." That was absolutely adorable.

After our crying fest, we finally made it to the end of Main Street. We exited the turnstiles, and OF COURSE "Woody's Roundup" was the Main Gates music that was playing as we left. That was ALWAYS playing for us that entire trip. It was our Magic Kingdom entrance/exit song, seriously.

The Coronado Bus was there when we arrived, so we climbed aboard.

LION KING ADVERTISEMENT! Oh my God I saw that when it came to theaters, and it was AMAZING. I cried my eyes out. I'm going to see Beauty and the Beast on Friday - SO EXCITED!

dsc00432lh.jpg

We had to stand on the bus, but we were back at Coronado in no time. WAHH!

Continued in Next Post

I have never even thought to try LTT. Really never crossed my mind. BUT after your food pictures I may change my mind for our spring trip. Hope they have ADR's available.

Love all your purchases. The Wallet is so cute. I have a few like that (not MM but that style).

Now that song Celebrate A Dream is in my head. Its a good thing I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter