There'’s Nowhere To Go But Down...…To The Utilidors! NEW TR LINK 6/4

Chapter 2: This Must Be POP!

We checked in, Kylie got her birthday button, and then we headed to our room…

14683029651_24e4137dee_c.jpg

IN THE ’60s SECTION! Cue “Welcome to the ‘60s” from Hairspray.

14499547410_7679763871_c.jpg

We found this awesome towel surprise in our room!

14499577728_ef1b8d345d_c.jpg

14663214506_dd54ff55bf_c.jpg

More towel surprises:

14499760157_b672450deb_c.jpg

14683028401_b41fd51f20_c.jpg

It's not a Disney trip until you see this:

14686210355_244a60455d_c.jpg

Full view of the room:

14706097833_3a271eae21_c.jpg

STACEY!!!!

14683027781_e996b8482c_c.jpg

Mom told Kylie and Emily to go explore the resort. Once they left, we started decorating!

14499545590_4589d83435_c.jpg

The Disney Florist stuff was way out of my budget, so I bought my own decorations from Party City and iParty. Unfortunately Kylie and Emily came back while we were still decorating so it wasn’t quite the surprise I wanted…ah well.

People loved these window decorations, we would hear people talking about them all the time haha:

14663212966_e1a87e8dcb_c.jpg

14683830384_bd5c34ea12_c.jpg

14685920862_5d34a4f8ff_c.jpg

14499758217_46003a782c_c.jpg

Then, the man, the myth, the legend showed up…UNCLE DAVE/FUNGUS! Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick were still a ways away touring retirement homes, but they told us to go on ahead. So we went to tonight’s destination…Downtown Disney!

Continued in next post

Chapter 3: You Can Always Go Downtown

Our first stop was for FOOD, so we headed to one of my favorite QS restaurants, Wolfgang Puck Express!

This was a restaurant I didn’t know existed until I started reading TRs on the DIS, and now I go there every time I’m at DTD. We didn’t have to wait at all and were able to snag a table right away, which was amazing considering it was a Saturday night.

BFFs reunited and it felt so good:

14685920222_26aa0a53c2_c.jpg

I got the mac and cheese and it was delicious! Emily got it as well.

14499574468_a8b4123782_c.jpg

Dad and Uncle Dave got the bacon-wrapped meatloaf.

14706096433_258e31881e_c.jpg

Mom got a turkey club sandwich.

14499757047_00f2ddb233_c.jpg

Kylie got chicken noodle soup.

14499573928_b0e7a9d2a4_c.jpg

Next, Dad and Uncle Dave had some bro time at Splitsville. They really liked it and would recommend it for your special broccasion.

While they were off bro-ing out, Kylie, Em, Mom, and I decided to do some shopping. First, we headed to Once Upon A Toy because Linda Rick was there! Linda designs the Precious Moments dolls for Disney. Kylie collects them and we’ve met Linda before. She’s an absolute sweetheart so we were very excited that she would be in WDW while we were.

We looked at the collection of dolls, and I saw one right away and told Kylie she had to get it or I would be very mad at her.

14499573798_f5f557cd57_c.jpg

For real, how perfect is this? Right down to the white streak in the hair. Linda signed a very sweet Happy Birthday message to Kylie on the doll.

14499542990_f849329170_c.jpg

14663210136_d7a43cd45a_c.jpg

This was also where Emily had her first pin trade, and it wasn’t even with a CM! Another guest asked her to trade! She was a little overwhelmed at first but soon got hooked.

Next we checked out Tren-D, but I was much more excited to get to the new shop next door…Marketplace Co-Op!

I had been excited for this store since Disney announced it. We scanned the Beautifully Disney section briefly, but then headed over to Cherry Tree Lane to look at Vera Bradley and Dooney bags. I decided against splurging and moved on to the next store, Centerpiece! I LOVED all the Disney home things they had in there. I could have decked out my house in Tiki Room stuff. PLEASE JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

14683827864_a3f5edcfa2_c.jpg

Finally, we headed to the DTech section. They had just released new Frozen phone cases, and since I just upgraded my phone I wanted to get one! I ended up deciding on this one:

14706092343_26464ee8f4_c.jpg

I went to a cash register, paid, and then saw it printed out right in front of me! Pretty cool.

14683827514_a89c37b163_c.jpg

After that, we headed to World of Disney. It was overwhelming and glorious.

Oooooo Lego Dwarfs.

14663209136_4789e7b28e_c.jpg

We went to the pin store to see if we could do some trading…and then we saw this beautiful sight! (No, not the back of that lady's head.)

14499572298_3642ffa42f_c.jpg

I’VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY PINS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! (Up until that point at least…ooooo foreshadowing). We were each allowed to trade two but I easily could have traded 10 or more. It was amazing for a pin fanatic like me.

Our next stop was Goofy’s Candy Company. My mom had made these cute coupon books and each of us had a coupon for a treat at Goofy’s. I got my delicious Rice Krispie treat and Emily got one as well. Kylie got some taffy.

14499754587_6a99aa0915_c.jpg

14663208176_af18e62c98_c.jpg

SO GOOD.

14663207896_cc3780cc49_c.jpg

Finally, we checked out the Art of Disney store, and I cried because I can’t afford any of the beautiful art.

We met Uncle Dave and Dad at the bus and we headed back to Pop. When we got there, Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick had arrived! Uncle Rick went to bed right away but we got to visit with Aunt Patti for a bit.

Then we went to bed. Our first real day was tomorrow!

Pin haul for the day. Funny story, Emily found the Doom Buggy Minnie pin first and I checked every pin lanyard at DTD because I wanted one. I found it on the pin board...and then saw it every day we were in a park. LOL the life of a pin fanatic.

14499753647_be583e7dbe_c.jpg

Continued in next post

That pin board was amazing! We go there every trip and have never seen that. It was certainly a high security area, only 1 person allowed inside the rope at a time.

I was so happy that Kylie got to see Linda Rick again. I knew she was there that day but I thought after our big delay, she might already be gone.

You know now I regret not just spending the money and getting a phone case where you did, cuz I never found one I liked after that. Oh well.

They did a nice job for us all around at Pop this time. I'm glad I listened to Patti and got the preferred rooms. And I was also glad they put us on the back side and not pool side. I think it was a lot quieter.

Very nice job on the decorations!!

Now I want a rice krispie treat!!!

Hello! I've read your prior trip reports, but this is the first time I'm actually posting on one! I love to read trip reports from someone around my age!
Those pins you got the first night are awesome! I always look at pins, but I don't buy them because I know I could never stop. I already collect Vinylmations.

I love the Frozen birthday decorations for the room. I hope Kylie appreciated how much work you did. :)

Did your DTD bus share with any of the other resorts?

I'm here to subscribe, but I'll have to come back & get caught up soon! Loved the intro!! From that impressive list, I have to imagine Kylie had a pretty amazing birthday. I lol'd at your quote of the trip...sounds like something I'd say, especially in Disney in the middle of July!!! :lmao:

LOVE the Frozen decorations!! :)

Your food at Wolfgang Puck's looks great! I haven't ever been there but need to try it.

That's awesome that Kylie got to see Linda Rick. The dolls are adorable!! Especially the new Anna one. :)

The cell phone case is really cool! Especially because you got to see them print it out.

I've seen pictures like yours inside Centerpiece and oh my, I could spend a lot of money in there!! :eek:

That pin trading board is awesome! I just recently start collecting them and just love so many!

The rice krispie treat looks so yummy!!

HI KAELA! Super glad you're here! I was going to eventually send you the link because you are a guest star haha but that comes toward the end of the trip!

I didn't really think that part through haha especially on the last day when it was just Snow White's head on the door :eek:

hehehe oh yay!! looking forward to that ^_^

YAY for an update! omg I LOVE Pop so much, I don't care what anybody says that resort is so much fun haha. and omg your towel surprises are the bomb diggity and your room decorations are such a cute idea! I dig it.

I've never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I think we're planning to go there on our next trip! I've only heard good things...especially about that mac n cheese (and I am a mac n cheese connoisseur, after all) so I'm very excited :hyper:

I LOOOOVE THE CO-OP. OMG. IT IS SO DANGEROUS. I've only been there a few times since it opened and already my apartment has all the "land" plates, the Splash Mountain plate, the Mr. Toad statue and 3 mugs. idk what happens, I just get in there and lose control of my wallet :rolleyes:

great update!! excited for more :3

Birthday button first thing!!! Good Call!!!

And Good Gawd that is some serious towel swag going on there. Nice!

STACEY!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Isn't it amazing how many people start their trips at DTD? it's like a rite of passage now.

I'm so excited for Day 1 (it's really only Day 1 when you wake up there).

Such a cute birthday cake towel!!

ooooh, I wanted to try Wolfgang Puck Express on my first trip! We ended up choosing Earl of Sandwich when we were in DTD, so I'm really hoping we stick to the plan and go there this time! The macaroni looks amazing

Can't wait to check out Marketplace CoOp and love your new phone case :)

HIiiiii :cheer2: so cool I've found you!! Lol i have been seeing you on Rob's Trs so it's nice to be along on yours now.I'm excited to hear about your trip and give you extra brownie points for your love of Duffy and Cop those are faves in our family :D

Okay, all caught up!

Your princess countdown chains are AH-MAZING! What an adorable idea!!!!

Love all the Frozen room decorations!! What a cute idea, and definitely cheaper than Disney Florist. Seriously, they are SO expensive!

The food at WPE always looks so good, but we always end up at EoS instead. Maybe one of these days we will try WPE.

Great start so far!!!

Alright Courtney, I've finally made my way here. Sorry I'm late :( But I am super excited! Sweet 16 at Disney?! Sounds awesome.

But your start sounds no fun at all. I'm sorry. Delayed flights are the worst.

Yay for the 60s! And your decorations are super cute. Window clings are always a good choice.

Mmmm WPE. So yummy.

Ooh the pin board! The first time we went it was open and so we'd assumed that it always was, we didn't know how lucky we'd gotten.

And good trades. Marie and I own all three of those :)

Ok, that mac and cheese looks like heaven. I am starving right now. Actually, it all looks good.

I can't wait to get to Co-op. I am sure I will leave there with less money then what I walked in with!

that was very sweet to want to decorate the room as a surprise

And that "coupon book" sounds like a really neat idea - maybe when my kids are a little older to get it better

And I am not a super pin person but I like the ones you got - especially the E Ticket one - love the retro/classic reference

That pin board was amazing! We go there every trip and have never seen that. It was certainly a high security area, only 1 person allowed inside the rope at a time.

I was so happy that Kylie got to see Linda Rick again. I knew she was there that day but I thought after our big delay, she might already be gone.

You know now I regret not just spending the money and getting a phone case where you did, cuz I never found one I liked after that. Oh well.

They did a nice job for us all around at Pop this time. I'm glad I listened to Patti and got the preferred rooms. And I was also glad they put us on the back side and not pool side. I think it was a lot quieter.

Very nice job on the decorations!!

Now I want a rice krispie treat!!!

That pin board is going to have to be a priority on future trips. It was amazing!

I was really happy too. Those Precious Moments dolls are amazing and Linda is so sweet.

Oh well. You will find one! You could check out Etsy for Disney ones.

I really loved Pop this trip! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Though I was biased because I just loved having my own bed hehe :)

Hello! I've read your prior trip reports, but this is the first time I'm actually posting on one! I love to read trip reports from someone around my age!
Those pins you got the first night are awesome! I always look at pins, but I don't buy them because I know I could never stop. I already collect Vinylmations.

Hi!!! Welcome and thank you for commenting!!

Thanks! I've seen some Vinylmations that I really like but my pin addiction is already too much hahaha.

Ahhh!! Wolfgang puck!!! Love!!
That frozen case is AMAZING
I have the yellow Disneyland fastpass (it is a fast pass right?) pin!! #disneytwins

SO GOOD.

Thank you! I liked it because it was subtler than a giant picture of Elsa and Anna haha.

It's an E-Ticket pin! And we are definitely #disneytwinning all the time :goodvibes

I love the Frozen birthday decorations for the room. I hope Kylie appreciated how much work you did. :)

Did your DTD bus share with any of the other resorts?

Thank you! She really liked them :goodvibes

Nope! We actually never had to share a bus with any other resort, which was SO nice.

I'm here to subscribe, but I'll have to come back & get caught up soon! Loved the intro!! From that impressive list, I have to imagine Kylie had a pretty amazing birthday. I lol'd at your quote of the trip...sounds like something I'd say, especially in Disney in the middle of July!!! :lmao:

Hi!!! It was definitely an amazing trip with tons of new experiences! And that is EXACTLY what made me say my quote...specifically, baking in the sun in the World Showcase haha.

LOVE the Frozen decorations!! :)

Your food at Wolfgang Puck's looks great! I haven't ever been there but need to try it.

That's awesome that Kylie got to see Linda Rick. The dolls are adorable!! Especially the new Anna one. :)

The cell phone case is really cool! Especially because you got to see them print it out.

I've seen pictures like yours inside Centerpiece and oh my, I could spend a lot of money in there!! :eek:

That pin trading board is awesome! I just recently start collecting them and just love so many!

The rice krispie treat looks so yummy!!

Thank you!!

I love looking at all the dolls! Kylie has a nice collection going.

It was such a cool part of the Co-Op!

Ugh I know! I held back and only bought one plate but I seriously wanted everything. One day when I have my own apartment and a larger paycheck I will definitely be back.

Pin collecting is SO addicting. I have two big canvases filled with pins.

It was delicious! I should have bought some to bring home haha I'm craving one now!

hehehe oh yay!! looking forward to that ^_^

YAY for an update! omg I LOVE Pop so much, I don't care what anybody says that resort is so much fun haha. and omg your towel surprises are the bomb diggity and your room decorations are such a cute idea! I dig it.

I've never been to Wolfgang Puck Express but I think we're planning to go there on our next trip! I've only heard good things...especially about that mac n cheese (and I am a mac n cheese connoisseur, after all) so I'm very excited :hyper:

I LOOOOVE THE CO-OP. OMG. IT IS SO DANGEROUS. I've only been there a few times since it opened and already my apartment has all the "land" plates, the Splash Mountain plate, the Mr. Toad statue and 3 mugs. idk what happens, I just get in there and lose control of my wallet :rolleyes:

great update!! excited for more :3

I LOVED Pop on this trip oh my gosh I only have good things to say about it. I just want to live and work there and do the twist all the time.

Definitely go to WPE!!! I forget if you are on the dining plan but it's only a CS credit yet it's like a full-service restaurant because they bring the food to you. It's soooo good and the mac and cheese is my favorite!

I KNOW! I got the Splash Mountain plate because it's my favorite. I was thinking about a Fantasyland wine glass too but I talked myself out of it...I will definitely be back though!

Thank you!! I'm glad you're reading along even though there's so much Frozen hehehe.

Birthday button first thing!!! Good Call!!!

And Good Gawd that is some serious towel swag going on there. Nice!

STACEY!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Isn't it amazing how many people start their trips at DTD? it's like a rite of passage now.

I'm so excited for Day 1 (it's really only Day 1 when you wake up there).

Disney was ON IT and Kylie wore it every day. It paid off, too (oooh foreshadowing).

It was awesome! So creative.

THE QUEEN!

We've been starting our trips at DTD forever...I like to think we're trendsetters hehe.

Day 1 was a doozy. I'll be starting on that soon!

Such a cute birthday cake towel!!

ooooh, I wanted to try Wolfgang Puck Express on my first trip! We ended up choosing Earl of Sandwich when we were in DTD, so I'm really hoping we stick to the plan and go there this time! The macaroni looks amazing

Can't wait to check out Marketplace CoOp and love your new phone case :)

It was such an awesome way to start the vacation!

I hope you go there too! Like I told Kaela it's really nice because it's a counter service restaurant but they bring the food to your table so it's sort of like full service. Plus it's all amazingggg!

Thanks!! The Co-Op was AMAZING, I was overwhelmed with all the great Disney merch!

HIiiiii :cheer2: so cool I've found you!! Lol i have been seeing you on Rob's Trs so it's nice to be along on yours now.I'm excited to hear about your trip and give you extra brownie points for your love of Duffy and Cop those are faves in our family :D

HI! Of course I've heard a lot about you from Rob's TR haha I'm so glad you found me and joined in! And I'm happy you love Duffy and the COP too, some of the very best of Disney!!!

Okay, all caught up!

Your princess countdown chains are AH-MAZING! What an adorable idea!!!!

Love all the Frozen room decorations!! What a cute idea, and definitely cheaper than Disney Florist. Seriously, they are SO expensive!

The food at WPE always looks so good, but we always end up at EoS instead. Maybe one of these days we will try WPE.

Great start so far!!!

Eep thank you! They were so much fun to do!

Thanks!! Yeah, I was looking at Disney Florist and I cannot believe how much they charge for balloons and a banner...

I really like WPE, but EoS is so good too. You can't go wrong with either!

Alright Courtney, I've finally made my way here. Sorry I'm late :( But I am super excited! Sweet 16 at Disney?! Sounds awesome.

But your start sounds no fun at all. I'm sorry. Delayed flights are the worst.

Yay for the 60s! And your decorations are super cute. Window clings are always a good choice.

Mmmm WPE. So yummy.

Ooh the pin board! The first time we went it was open and so we'd assumed that it always was, we didn't know how lucky we'd gotten.

And good trades. Marie and I own all three of those :)

YAY! Welcome, Amber, and thanks for joining in!!!

The delayed flight was brutal, I just wanted to get to Disney!!!

Thank you! They were a big hit, both with my sister and random passersby.

WPE is amazing. Besides Be Our Guest it's probably my favorite CS restaurant.

I am SO glad the pin board was open! It was overwhelming and amazing seeing so many pins!!

Ok, that mac and cheese looks like heaven. I am starving right now. Actually, it all looks good.

I can't wait to get to Co-op. I am sure I will leave there with less money then what I walked in with!

It was so good! Everyone was really happy with their meals.

That's how it went for me. Thankfully I held back and didn't get a Dooney otherwise Co-Op would have been a huge hit to my wallet :rotfl:

Soon to be following along, I remember loving your last TR! Now to get caught up!

Yay, thank you for following along!

that was very sweet to want to decorate the room as a surprise

And that "coupon book" sounds like a really neat idea - maybe when my kids are a little older to get it better

And I am not a super pin person but I like the ones you got - especially the E Ticket one - love the retro/classic reference

Aw, thanks :)

My mom actually found the designs for the coupon books here on the DIS! They were really sweet, I had coupons for Mickey bars, cupcakes, Rice Krispies, etc.

I collect the WDW and Disneyland E-Ticket pins! We actually have some E-Ticket magnets on our fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter