Things I wish I knew about Cabana Bay - List Here -

Linden Lady

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at CB for the very first time in September. It's a new resort so I've found some info on TIPS and TRICKS but I'd like to know more!!
Does anyone have great info that they found out AFTER their stay but wish they'd have known prior ???
For example, floats are not provided for lazy river. They have fire pits and you can bring s'mores to use. ... Etc.

1.) bring your own pool floats for lazy river
2.) bring goodies for s'mores at the provided fire pits
3.) .....

We was there in March and on the day we checked out I saw a sign in the lobby for
the pedi-cabs(bikes), with a # to call and they will come and pick you up .

That's a good one!

We found out that poolside rooms does *not* mean pool view. We were on the first floor next to a pathway. The pool was on the other side of a giant boulder/wall. We couldn't even see a hint of a pool and people kept looking into our room when they passed by. Next time, no poolside!

The pathway to City Walk is too long on a hot day or with someone that doesn't have good walking stamina.

... how awesome this place is! I would've booked an extra night (or two) :banana:

I recommend Courtyard pool view suites. Outer corridors add to the retro theme :thumbsup2

Know that the music from the pool area is pumping until at least 11pm. It's so festive, though. Really a fun resort!

Have fun!

Did anyone happen to run into any characters during their resort stay? Like at check in or in the lobby area?? Or maybe around the pool area??

We were there four nights last week.

I did bring my own floats (but couldn't find someone to give them to when we left, so they were left on a table with hopes that a family would take them). They fill them for you at the stand where they sell them.

We would have liked time to Bowl, and use the fitness center.

The food there is good (better than a lot of park quick service).

Request a room close to the lobby or you may find yourself walking 1/4 mile to your room at the end of the hall like us. (Two rooms from the end of Americana Wing). Elevators are really fast (7th floor room).

(they sell s'mores things in the Bayliner Diner)

Standard rooms are fairly small without room for a blow-up mattress (important when we travel with both boy/girl children) so we'd need a Suite if the whole family of four went back.

We had pretty good luck with buses in the morning and mid-day. We did do the walkway home after park close one night to avoid the hordes. It is well lighted and clean, but long.

We had pretty good luck with buses in the morning and mid-day. We did do the walkway home after park close one night to avoid the hordes. It is well lighted and clean, but long.

Yes it is a walk. Actually I think its better if you want to RPR if you want to get something to eat there or just to check out that resort. I wouldn't do the walk in the heat of the summer or if you are in a hurry. On the plus side there are a lot of benches on the walk if you want to take a break.

Are towels provided near pool area? If so, where are they located?
Just trying to decide if I should pack any? I'm running out of luggage space! LOL

Can we drop off luggage, etc. early and then head to the parks? We are doing WDW first then will be taking a cab/Uber/Mears over

Yes, valet services will give you a ticket and hold your luggage for you. They will bring it to your room as well if asked.

Yes, valet services will give you a ticket and hold your luggage for you. They will bring it to your room as well if asked.
Thanks so much.
Would we also be able to take advantage of the early hours that day?

Did anyone happen to run into any characters during their resort stay? Like at check in or in the lobby area?? Or maybe around the pool area??

We saw Homer Simpson - he came into the lobby for photos as we were sat with our luggage waiting for our taxi ride to the airport.

We thought the floats for the pool weren't expensive but do plan to take them back when we return (hopefully next year) - will the guys in the little shack where you buy them from pump them up for us (would tip them of course) - as we did originally buy them from there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter