• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Things I wish I knew about Cabana Bay - List Here -

Thanks for starting this! My hubbie and I are debating staying here in February and were weighing our options. Having a better idea what to expect helps.

If you are assigned a handicapped accessible family room, you will not have the 3 bathroom areas that they advertise, you will only have 1 large bathroom area...so 3 can't really get ready at the same time.

The food portions in the food court are HUGE. If you are with someone that you can agree with, you can save tons by splitting meals.

If you are staying after check-out time (11:00), you'll have to find an open gate to the pool or have someone let you in, your key won't work anymore. It also won't work on the parking gates, so to get your car out, you have to push the assistance button.

I have never seen such awesome bus service. We usually go to Disney, and I was a little concerned about having to rely on the bus service (Disney's can be a long wait) but we never waited more than a couple of minutes. Sometimes they would have multiple busses all lined up ready to go if it was at a busy time.

I can only speak for the lazy river, but they are using a salt water chlorination system...in case anyone in your party might be sensitive to pool water.

Has anyone had issues/luck checking in early? Posted check-in time is 4:00 p.m.

I'm planning a trip down in Feb and want to stay at Cabana Bay the first few days. Our flight would arrive at ~10:00 a.m. and by the time we get our things together, pickup the rental car and make our way, we could potentially get there around 11:00 - 11:30.

It would be great to check in early and be able to start using the pools etc.

Anyone have any luck checking in early and if so, how early have you been able to check in?

You can check in early though your room might not be ready, but they will hold your luggage and your good to
go. We checked in around 10:00 in March and our room was ready.Was not very busy though.

You can check in early though your room might not be ready, but they will hold your luggage and your good to
go. We checked in around 10:00 in March and our room was ready.Was not very busy though.

Awesome. Thanks.

I guess it depends if they have free rooms at the time or not if they'll assign you a room that early.

Going in February the week BEFORE Presidents Day so hopefully it's not that busy.

We saw Homer Simpson - he came into the lobby for photos as we were sat with our luggage waiting for our taxi ride to the airport.

We thought the floats for the pool weren't expensive but do plan to take them back when we return (hopefully next year) - will the guys in the little shack where you buy them from pump them up for us (would tip them of course) - as we did originally buy them from there?

no charge for the TM's to fill your floats for you.

don't you just love free......!

no charge for the TM's to fill your floats for you.

don't you just love free......!
Brilliant - thanks. Would be a shame not to use them again wouldn't it lol. Brought them home in June as DD intended to take them to Majorca (Spain) for herself and her friend to use them but didn't end up taking them.
Now to plan my next trip....

We asked and got a free later check out until 12 midday last October.

There was a guitar player by the Americana pool on the Friday early evening taking requests - good atmosphere. Pool party they had at the other pool on the saturday was fun.

We bought the refill mugs. We stayed a week a mug was $17.99, shorter stays are cheaper. You could use the coke freestyle machines in the foodcourt. There were also normal soda machines by the pool at the bars. You could also use the mugs in the foodcourt for icees, think they had 3 flavours - blue red and cola. They also had normal and french vanilla creamer for the coffee in dispensers.

Stayed here in March and loved it. Got upgraded to a suite without even having to ask. Movies at both pools every night when we were there. Not sure if you are flying but I stopped by the luggage valet and they checked us in for our flight the night before.

We visited the resort yesterday to check out the grounds and use the pool. Both myself and my five year old liked the water slide pool area better. Music was playing loud, but it wasn't as loud as the lazy river side. It also seemed less crowded. We took our own floats from home and has a hard time getting rid of them (no one wanted free floats!)

Thanks for starting this great thread!
We are going in a less than two weeks and really getting excited for everything. Our floats are packed and ready :)

If you want to bowl but they are full and you don't have a reservation...ask to be put on the waiting list. We did this on a rainy weekend day in the middle of summer and got a call that we could bowl within the hour. I think many people make a reservation and just don't show up.

I'm making last minute plants to stay at Cabana at the end of September, sounds great!

We been having a time getting into Cabana bay lately. I have a trip in September when a friend who needs someone to go with her. I tried to get into Cabana Bay and it was booked up. We are not even going on a holiday weekend.

So my advice is book early. Apparently Cabana Bay has become popular.

We stayed there for 2 nights this week
Gorgeous resort. Great feel

All of the pools are salt water which is nice. Plenty of towels and chairs. Kids loved the lazy river.

We reserved a bowling lane using Open Table. That was fun and the food was decent

Food court is well done and the booths are great. Food there was decent

Our room showed some wear and tear but it was clean and comfortable. Sofa bed was very good Lots of space for the price. Great layout

My only complain was the room towels and sheets were small and low quality

My son like the pools better than Stormalong Bay

All of the pools are salt water which is nice.
Salt water? That's a bummer. I'm not sure what you find nice about it, but DH hates the feel of salt water drying on his skin. It's the main reason we hardly ever go to the beach, in spite of living in eastern MA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter