• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway cookies, NEVER :) The official Fort cookie thread!

People who stay offsite but want onsite perks (like 60 day FP ressies), have been renting the campsites (the cheapest on-property lodging for the greatest # of people) yet really staying offsite, and thereby keeping those who really want to camp at Fort Wilderness from being able to book a site. Campsites stand empty, and those whose family tradition for years has been to camp at Fort Wilderness on Disney trips have had a hard time getting sites in recent years due to this dishonest practice.

Disney is aware of the problem & gradually working in ways to clamp down on it. Thank goodness.

Wow! I had no idea that was happening. I'm glad then that it's being corrected. I would never even think of doing something like that how do people come up with that? They should put their minds to better use I think. Thank you for the information!

How often do you suppose the cancellations happen at the 30 day or so mark? I would like to take the kids camping there the 27 - 31 of dec but, as expected, no avilability. Any tips for finding a cancelled camp site?

I would like to take the kids camping there the 27 - 31 of dec but, as expected, no avilability. Any tips for finding a cancelled camp site?

You just need to be diligent and call or check online regularly through the day. Tough time of year to score a site but it has been done.

a close 2nd for me would be the white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies.. YUM!

Hhmmm :scratchin

I guess some nutty cookies can't be all that bad.

How often do you suppose the cancellations happen at the 30 day or so mark? I would like to take the kids camping there the 27 - 31 of dec but, as expected, no avilability. Any tips for finding a cancelled camp site?

We had a poster that in the last few weeks (poster name is "love__goofy") in this thread pieced together a Christmas-New Years reservation:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ugh-checking-5-times-a-day.3554989/

Note that she had more success late at night or early in the morning getting dates. Once you get these separate reservation pieced together for the same level of campsite in consecutive dates, you can call the Disney Reservation line and ask for "Guest Services" to combine multiple reservations into one single long/complete one.

So try every night and morning and take what you can get at the same level. At worst you cancel what you have before the deadline, no harm no foul.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I didn't make cookies today but I did make 3 loaves of banana bread with chocolate chips.

5kidsmommy,

A warm slice of banana nut bread with chocolate chips and a cold glass of milk would be SO awesome. It sounds delicious. I might even ask for seconds. :worship:

Bama Ed

PS - I made a "chili and cheesecake" menu for the Iron Bowl tailgate menu this past Saturday and if I do say so, it was DELICIOUS! Tiggerdad and 5er have been to my tailgate. I made chili on Friday and then warmed it in the crockpot on Saturday and made 2 cheesecakes on Friday. A straight New York style with cherry topping and whipped cream and a pumpkin cheesecake (in honor of the Thanksgiving season) which was also received to rave reviews. The whipped cream went great with it too. They were both "keeper" recipes....

This thread is making me incredibly hungry. I would love to cook a huge meal tonight but I'm in the midst of mudding drywall. Cookies and chili are far more exciting than sanding drywall. And yes I am taking a break and enjoying Disboards.

This thread is making me incredibly hungry. I would love to cook a huge meal tonight but I'm in the midst of mudding drywall. Cookies and chili are far more exciting than sanding drywall. And yes I am taking a break and enjoying Disboards.

You missed a spot...

Do you give bids. I don't mind hanging drywall, but I hate taping.

j

Hahaha! Next time I have to do this I will be hiring someone. Never again. I showered and washed my hair twice and cannot get this dust from sanding out of my hair. My husband is thrilled though because I'm doing the work and not him.

I missed and sanded my drywall in my house as well. I sneezed dust for weeks.

I missed and sanded my drywall in my house as well. I sneezed dust for weeks.

I was going to say, If you think your hair was bad, wait until you blow your nose tomorrow, but Michael beat me to it. :D

Now... back to the cookie discussion.

j

I was smart and wore a mask. :)

Tomorrow is definitely going to be a cookie baking day. It's so cold and making cookies warms up the house. I think I'm going to make pumpkin spice cookies.

Has anyone here ever heard of butterscotch cookies???? I used to bake them for my Dad. You rolled the dough into a loaf, refrigerated it, then sliced it and baked, YUM. They are great dunked in coffee or milk:)
Now I'm really hungry. Thanks for changing this thread to a really good, useful one and MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Has anyone here ever heard of butterscotch cookies???? I used to bake them for my Dad. You rolled the dough into a loaf, refrigerated it, then sliced it and baked, YUM. They are great dunked in coffee or milk:)
Now I'm really hungry. Thanks for changing this thread to a really good, useful one and MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Woh! Woh!

You got a recipe for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter