Hi, I’m a little confused. My husband and myself are AP but our kids are not. I was looking to purchase tickets for them for our 2021 trip and there is an option for purchasing park hoppers. I thought we can only book reservations for one park a day? Am I wrong or will things be changing sooner than I thought? I would certainly like to save 85x3 if I can but they would like to park hop if it’s going to be allowed. Any info?

So easy this morning to change my 4 day pass to a 5 day. Took about 2 minutes to change. Had to wait a bit after for it to process before it let me make a fifth park reservation but all set now for April 2021
Hi. You did this over the phone? Thanks.

Am I losing my mind? Every link to purchase tickets sends me into a loop of "Know Before You Go" pages, and I can't ever get to a page that offers actual tickets.

Edit: Never mind, had to delete cookies :) - never a dull moment with WDW website

Last edited:
Anyone know if we can add days to existing 2020 tickets?

(Updated; unable to Check Out with these changes yet)
Seems like you can now on MDE, but doing so will change your ticket's valid date range (just a heads up).

(I went to My Plans, went to our Tickets, and hit Change Ticket)

4zvtf2s.png

EDIT:

false alarm, looks like you cannot Check Out for these changes yet:

5aDPmx3.png

(Updated; unable to Check Out with these changes yet)
Seems like you can now on MDE, but doing so will change your ticket's valid date range (just a heads up).

(I went to My Plans, went to our Tickets, and hit Change Ticket)

4zvtf2s.png

EDIT:

false alarm, looks like you cannot Check Out for these changes yet:

5aDPmx3.png
Ah, that is the first time I have seen the validity window of the "extended" tickets worded exactly that way. It states clearly that you can spread out the ticket days any way you want up to 9/26/21. The verbiage used in the park updates section on MDE was somewhat more weaselly. On another note, it seems rather obnoxious of Disney to reinstate the normal ticket validity range when a guest wants a change. Maybe they can be talked out of doing that.

Ah, that is the first time I have seen the validity window of the "extended" tickets worded exactly that way. It states clearly that you can spread out the ticket days any way you want up to 9/26/21. The verbiage used in the park updates section on MDE was somewhat more weaselly. On another note, it seems rather obnoxious of Disney to reinstate the normal ticket validity range when a guest wants a change. Maybe they can be talked out of doing that.
Interesting...I assumed that the tickets could be activated any time during the extended window but then would behave like typical 7-day tickets. You’re right that the wording implies otherwise (although I’m not convinced that’s how it will actually be in practice).

Question. I have Credit Card points (Citi Thank You Points) on 2 cards totaling about 130,000 points. Right now (through April I think) I can call Citi and they can get me Disney Tickets with those points at a 1.25 ratio. So, instead of my points being worth $1300 they would be worth $1625. I wanted to get Disney Tickets with these points but don't know when we will be going. Hoping to go in May but depends on how things are then.

Am I correct that Disney does not offer the tickets anymore without choosing a date? I thought they had them bur they cost a bit more? I didn't see them on the website. So, worse case If I get them for May and we don't go then. I can just pay to upgrade the difference when we do go correct? I won't lose anything on what I paid? I would not put them in MDE until I know for sure what dates we are going or does that not matter...

You are right, I don't see the "Flexible" option offered right now. Basically all that did was upcharge to the highest ticket price of the year. You are better off booking for specific dates and then changing if necessary. Unless you might go during the year-end holidays, "Flex" was an overpriced ticket for any other time of year. Unused tickets standard multi-day tickets retain their value.

You are right, I don't see the "Flexible" option offered right now. Basically all that did was upcharge to the highest ticket price of the year. You are better off booking for specific dates and then changing if necessary. Unless you might go during the year-end holidays, "Flex" was an overpriced ticket for any other time of year. Unused tickets standard multi-day tickets retain their value.

Thanks. That is what I needed to know.

Interesting...I assumed that the tickets could be activated any time during the extended window but then would behave like typical 7-day tickets. You’re right that the wording implies otherwise (although I’m not convinced that’s how it will actually be in practice).
This is exactly my question. We have 10 day hoppers from our canceled trip end of May. Our trip is scheduled 7/20-7/31. And we have park reservations, basically all set. I'm excited to go but if we can't handle the masks in the heat or feel like it's just not the experience we are hoping for, i.e., wait times are a lot longer than expected, would we be able to use 4-5 days and still keep the remaining days for a trip when things are more back to normal? I guess no one knows for sure but any speculation?
It certainly seems to be the case with the wording in MDE.

We have 10 day hoppers...
I'm excited to go but...
1. would we be able to use 4-5 days and still keep the remaining days for a trip when things are more back to normal?
2. I guess no one knows for sure but any speculation?
3. It certainly seems to be the case with the wording in MDE.
While that's counterintuitive to WDW "normal..."
1. Looks like that'll work (for the short term, anyway.)
2. Yup. That's what I've been able to piece together.
3. Yup.

According to the WDRPD availability calendar it looks like most days in August and beyond is wide open and not close to being sold out... when do you guys think Disney will open up general ticket sales for those months?

So, if I have 7 day hoppers bought from UT and we only have access to the parks for 4 days since we will be there July 8-13, what are my viable options of getting some value out of the 3remaining days? Does the caveat that tickets are good until Sept 2021 mean we still have the 3 days left until then? If not, should we be able to go to Customer Service when we arrive to purchase tickets for 2021 with the remaining balance? If not, I wonder if we can just keep the hoppers and purchase 4 day one park tickets since we already have park reservations. Help.

So, if I have 7 day hoppers bought from UT and we only have access to the parks for 4 days since we will be there July 8-13, what are my viable options of getting some value out of the 3remaining days?
1. Does the caveat that tickets are good until Sept 2021 mean we still have the 3 days left until then?
2. If not, should we be able to go to Customer Service when we arrive to purchase tickets for 2021 with the remaining balance?
3. If not, I wonder if we can just keep the hoppers and purchase 4 day one park tickets since we already have park reservations.
1. That LOOKS to be the case.

2. Under "normal" conditions, if you USE any part of a ticket, you can't use any of it's value to purchase ANOTHER (non-AP) ticket to use on another trip.
If you have new, never-used tickets you can use their value to buy other tickets,

3. That is (and has normally been) a choice you could make.
You can always buy and use NEW tickets and keep the older ones, unused.

Last edited:
I purchased a 3 day Flex park hopper ticket for Sept 2020. Tickets were purchased through Sams Club Travel. Do I call Sams or WDW to request a refund/cancellation??? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter