I received my 7 day PH tickets today from Undercover Tourist. I purchased these in May. However, the ticket says 1/28/17. There isn't an expiration date listed on the ticket. I'm planning on upgrading the tickets to an AP. I thought I was purchasing tickets that could be upgraded with the price difference after February 12th. Does the 1/28/17 date mean they're from old stock and I'd have to pay the pre Feb 12th 2017 upgrade cost?

I got the same deal last year. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any deal as good this year.

I asked the same question here and someone alerted me to the deal I wound up buying.

When you sign up for the Mousesavers newsletter, you get a link on the 15th of each month to their best prices. American Express has an offer that expires next Wednesday, 5/31 for $30 off any Undercover Tourist purchase over $150 that has to be loaded onto your card before you do the transaction.

So I got a 5 day park hopper for $403--UCT $433 minus the $30 AmEx credit. The paper ticket has been delivered, and it is returnable on the outside chance a better offer becomes available.

I wish I got the same deal as last year, but the price I paid is a $70 discount off the gate price, so I'll just have to be happy with it.

We'll just keep watching then I guess - not in a huge rush to buy but don't want to miss any deals that may pop up and trying to help DS's friend budget. We're covering the room with our DVC points and are paying for meals and that's all we can afford to do for him. I bought last years Parksavers deal in July (We needed valid tix in MDE to book FP's for a fall trip for F&W - DH and I and expiring AP's at that time and we just let them go and bought this deal instead so that we could upgrade in the fall and change our renewal date to fall rather than July.) DS wasn't with us on that trip as he's in college. We upgraded him to an AP on Jan. 3rd which was the last day for the 13 month AP. DH and I will renew now when we go again in Sept....but DS's friend that may join us will need a tix if he comes with us in January. At the current prices he's probably not going to buy a hopper....but we'll need him to have bought SOMETHING before 60 days out so we can book FP's. Since we'll all have AP's we'd like for him to be able to afford a hopper....we may end up paying the difference for him... I already get the Mousesavers newsletter every month. I was just hoping someone would know another place to watch for new deals. I would hate to miss out on something but don't really have the time to check every site every day between now and November...

We'll just keep watching then I guess - not in a huge rush to buy but don't want to miss any deals that may pop up and trying to help DS's friend budget. We're covering the room with our DVC points and are paying for meals and that's all we can afford to do for him. I bought last years Parksavers deal in July (We needed valid tix in MDE to book FP's for a fall trip for F&W - DH and I and expiring AP's at that time and we just let them go and bought this deal instead so that we could upgrade in the fall and change our renewal date to fall rather than July.) DS wasn't with us on that trip as he's in college. We upgraded him to an AP on Jan. 3rd which was the last day for the 13 month AP. DH and I will renew now when we go again in Sept....but DS's friend that may join us will need a tix if he comes with us in January. At the current prices he's probably not going to buy a hopper....but we'll need him to have bought SOMETHING before 60 days out so we can book FP's. Since we'll all have AP's we'd like for him to be able to afford a hopper....we may end up paying the difference for him... I already get the Mousesavers newsletter every month. I was just hoping someone would know another place to watch for new deals. I would hate to miss out on something but don't really have the time to check every site every day between now and November...
You could out an alert on slickdeals for Disney tickets. Some times they aren't posted there. But otherwise watching DIS and FB groups are the best way to keep on top of an new deals.

@Anal Annie OPs suggested on the thread I posted about ticket deals to check Touring Plans and use their price comparison feature which I did do.

But the tip about AmEx was the best one I got on that thread. I never bothered making an on-line account for my AmEx until I came across this deal, and it turned there were other offers I could use.

@Anal Annie OPs suggested on the thread I posted about ticket deals to check Touring Plans and use their price comparison feature which I did do.

But the tip about AmEx was the best one I got on that thread. I never bothered making an on-line account for my AmEx until I came across this deal, and it turned there were other offers I could use.

Thanks....pretty sure this 20 yr old college student doesn't have an Amex tho (actually, neither do we).

Thanks....pretty sure this 20 yr old college student doesn't have an Amex tho (actually, neither do we).

Up until last June, the only credit card Costco would take was AmEx. I had the card from then; I hadn't used it in months before last Monday.

I have a 20 year old college student of my own. Is yours an adorable little wallet drainer too? I need to save every dime to give him to spend. LOL!

If I buy a four day park hopper from undercover tourist to use the Amex deal and then convert it to a dvc gold pass, how would that work? If I make fast passes now with the hopper will I lose those fast passes when I upgrade at the park? Just trying to figure out if the cost savings will be worth the hassle. Thanks

We stopped to use a ticket to renew DGD's AP on Thursday at the ticket office inside MK, in Liberty Square. We'd used the ticket to enter the park that day.
Just like last month they told us we couldn't apply a ticket to renew an annual pass but they'd make an exception for us this one time.
They asked me when the last time I did it was and I said last month and they asked me if they gave me an M number (they didn't)
I had to fill out some sort of little form with my name and address and they said this is what had the M number
As I was told last month, this was a one time thing and I would not be able to use an existing ticket to renew an AP in the future, this was not normally done. They were making an exception. He told me this over and over again.
He completed the process, I paid what I expected to pay and oddly enough, while he asked if they gave me the "M" number when they did it last month, he didn't give me the "M" number this time. Whatever a M number is.

So not sure what is up with this. 2 times now, 2 different locations, some information. Just more muddy waters in regards to AP renewals and tickets.

Oh, and he did screw up the expiration date too. In our favor so not fighting it. But instead if it renewing on the old date it inherited the date that we did the renewal, but 13 months in the future. No idea how he accomplished that one.

Last edited:
If I buy a four day park hopper from undercover tourist to use the Amex deal and then convert it to a dvc gold pass,
1. how would that work?
2. If I make fast passes now with the hopper will I lose those fast passes when I upgrade at the park?

1. Normal upgrade procedure for currently-purchased tickets...
Subtract the current gate price of a new ticket of the kind that you HAVE
from the current gate price of a new ticket of the kind that you WANT.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
(It makes no difference what you PAID for the original ticket.)

2. Nope.

@Robo Please help me wrap my brain around this. I purchased a 5 day plus 1 free from UT before price increase for 361.96 for a November trip I might be going on a short trip in 2 weeks. I'll be with friends and don't know what parks we'll be at on what days. Thinking our first day will be at MK so my plan was to use my ticket to enter park and go to guest relations to upgrade to AP. The AP cost is $829.64. The prices I got from Disney's website are 5 day w/tax 394.05 6 day w/tax 415.35 and I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out what I should have to pay for the upgrade. Should I just ask them how much to upgrade or should I word it differently? Also I haven't linked the ticket to my MDE should I do that now or wait until the upgrade? Will they give me the AP card for discounts right then when I do the upgrade?
Thank you for any help!

We stopped to use a ticket to renew DGD's AP on Thursday at the ticket office inside MK, in Liberty Square. We'd used the ticket to enter the park that day.
Just like last month they told us we couldn't apply a ticket to renew an annual pass but they'd make an exception for us this one time.
They asked me when the last time I did it was and I said last month and they asked me if they gave me an M number (they didn't)
I had to fill out some sort of little form with my name and address and they said this is what had the M number
As I was told last month, this was a one time thing and I would not be able to use an existing ticket to renew an AP in the future, this was not normally done. They were making an exception. He told me this over and over again.
He completed the process, I paid what I expected to pay and oddly enough, while he asked if they gave me the "M" number when they did it last month, he didn't give me the "M" number this time. Whatever a M number is.

So not sure what is up with this. 2 times now, 2 different locations, some information. Just more muddy waters in regards to AP renewals and tickets.

Oh, and he did screw up the expiration date too. In our favor so not fighting it. But instead if it renewing on the old date it inherited the date that we did the renewal, but 13 months in the future. No idea how he accomplished that one.

Did her pass just expire? If so were you able to make FP ahead of time?

I had posted we had issues with this last trip. Disney said they would extend DS's family AP by a few weeks, so we can make a trip in May again. I got an file number that does start with M.... I have to go to guest services and they will fix the date. But now I'm thinking what about making FP. I wonder if I can just take their bands with me on our trip in Sept to get it adjusted?

Does the 1/28/17 date mean they're from old stock and I'd have to pay the pre Feb 12th 2017 upgrade cost?

Sounds like it.
Did you actually OPEN these tickets (from their sealed packet?)
Did you connect them to your MDE account?

If you did, they are generally not returnable to UT.
If you have not done those things, you might consider talking to UT to
see if you have an alternative.

1. I purchased a 5 day plus 1 free from UT before price increase for 361.96...
2. first day will be at MK so my plan was to use my ticket to enter park and go to guest relations to upgrade to AP.
The AP cost is $829.64.
3. a 6 day w/tax 415.35
4. Should I just ask them how much to upgrade
5. or should I word it differently?
6. Also I haven't linked the ticket to my MDE should I do that now or wait until the upgrade?
7. Will they give me the AP card for discounts right then when I do the upgrade?
1. OK. That's a 6-day base ticket.
2. That will be fine, but it is not necessary to USE the ticket before you upgrade it.
3. That is the price of a 6-day base ticket AFTER the Feb. 12 price increase.
The price that you need to use is for a 6-day base ticket BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase. ($378.08)
$829.64
=451.56
The price to upgrade should be $451.56

4. Yes.
5. How you word your request should not be an issue. (If there is a problem, it won't be because of your wording.)
6. Doesn't matter. (If you want to make advance FP+, link it in time before your trip.)
7. Yes.

Did her pass just expire? If so were you able to make FP ahead of time?

I had posted we had issues with this last trip. Disney said they would extend DS's family AP by a few weeks, so we can make a trip in May again. I got an file number that does start with M.... I have to go to guest services and they will fix the date. But now I'm thinking what about making FP. I wonder if I can just take their bands with me on our trip in Sept to get it adjusted?
Her pass expired on 5/20
We have 8 day ghost tickets on our account that can be used to make FP when the AP expired so it's not a problem. The MDE system thinks they have all 8 days of admission left on them but they really don't. Since MDE thinks that, we can always make 8 days of FP for her. So it was no problem to plan the trip even though her AP expired 4 days before we arrived.

Our CM made our exp date the day we upgraded a week or so ago instead of the day we first used the tickets...I wasn't going to complain about a few extra days. LOL

I guess you just mean that you have no idea WHY he put in that particular date.
(Baffles me, too, of course.)

But, how he accomplished it is no real mystery, as the ticket CM must manually type in the AP anniversary date.

Maybe he just LIKED that date.
Maybe its his girlfriend's birthday. ;)

A lesson in buying APs...
Always check the anniversary date before leaving the ticket booth.

itGood point.
I guess you just mean that you have no idea WHY he put in that particular date.
(Baffles me, too, of course.)

But, how he accomplished it is no real mystery, as the ticket CM must manually type in the AP anniversary date.

Maybe he just LIKED that date.
Maybe its his girlfriend's birthday. ;)

A lesson in buying APs...
Always check the anniversary date before leaving the ticket booth.
Yes, No idea why he did it. Or why it is a recurring theme that they do not want to use tickets to apply towards renewal without some nudging

Her pass expired on 5/20
We have 8 day ghost tickets on our account that can be used to make FP when the AP expired so it's not a problem. The MDE system thinks they have all 8 days of admission left on them but they really don't. Since MDE thinks that, we can always make 8 days of FP for her. So it was no problem to plan the trip even though her AP expired 4 days before we arrived.

I'll try my idea with bringing their bands with me in Sept. If that doesn't work, still have lots of time to contact disney before FP time.

Hope you're having a good trip.

Our CM made our exp date the day we upgraded a week or so ago instead of the day we first used the tickets...I wasn't going to complain about a few extra days. LOL
If it works out that NEXT year you DO need those extra days (its surprising how many times that situation comes up) you will be able to get that fixed at that time.

The "M number" is a Magic file. Used for documenting exceptions. Also referr

I know exactly what he did in the computer - since your ticket had been used, he couldn't delete it an apply the value to a renewal in the regular way we would do a renewal, so he had to upgrade the ticket to a renewal straight out, and he didn't bother to calculate the correct date based on the expiration of your old pass.

Using the value of tickets, whether they've been used or not, to renew APs isn't something we've got a standard procedure for and it's not something anyone gets trained on. IDK if it used to be something there was a procedure for, but I've read the entire operating guide for ticketing very recently and there's no mention at all in current documentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter