I purchased 7 day hoppers from UT before February 12. If I would add a day when we get there, do I subtract 467.54 from 495.00 then add 6.5% tax. I figure each ticket upgrade would be about 29.25, does this sound correct?

I purchased 7 day hoppers from UT before February 12. If I would add a day when we get there, do I subtract 467.54 from 495.00 then add 6.5% tax. I figure each ticket upgrade would be about 29.25, does this sound correct?

Well, not so much.
You need to figure both numbers with tax... OR- both without tax, then add the tax.

Subtract 467.54 (7-day PH with tax, pre-Feb. 12 price)
from 527.18 (8-day PH with tax, current price)

$527.18
=59.64
-----------------------------

All that said, I would ask nicely at the ticket booth if you could please have the day added for
closer to $20.

I was afraid that might be the case. We were not planning on 8 days until my granddaughter's friends decided to join us for the last four days. Now I'll just have to upgrade no matter what the cost. I will try to ask nicely.

I bought two 7 day park hoppers from UT last week. They arrived today. I noticed on the back that there is a date of 02/07/17 (bottom right) - so this means I got the pre-increase ticket? This means that despite paying the post-increase price, I will get less value when I go to upgrade to a Gold AP, correct? I will get a credit of $467.54 (per the all ears chart)?

Pachelbel9, I bought some tickets before the price increase then I bought 2 more in May from UT. I did not see an expiration date on the newer ones and also noticed a date on the back which was before Feb. 12. Their website states the tickets expire December 31, 2018, but nowhere does it show this. I entered them to my MDE account and it still does not show they expire, so I'm thinking like you old tickets at newer prices.

I bought two 7 day park hoppers from UT last week. They arrived today. I noticed on the back that there is a date of 02/07/17 (bottom right) -
so this means I got the pre-increase ticket? This means that despite paying the post-increase price, I will get less value when I go to upgrade to a Gold AP, correct?
I will get a credit of $467.54 (per the all ears chart)?

You need to ask UT exactly what tickets you have.

Can I upgrade tickets to ap at the liberty square ticket area? The lines at guest relations are long.

Now this is a long shot. The first time we went to Disney World (2012) we bought a one day ticket (that was never used) just so we could buy the DDP package (we didn't know we could buy a DDP with our APs). We never used those tickets and we couldn't find them now, but I have the e-mails for the Hotel Package stating: Park Tickets: 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket with the reservation #. Is it possible to retrieve these tickets? Is there a Disney e-mail/chat/phone for that? Thanks in advance.

Now this is a long shot. The first time we went to Disney World (2012) we bought a one day ticket (that was never used) just so we could buy the DDP package (we didn't know we could buy a DDP with our APs). We never used those tickets and we couldn't find them now, but I have the e-mails for the Hotel Package stating: Park Tickets: 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket with the reservation #.
1. Is it possible to retrieve these tickets?
2. Is there a Disney e-mail/chat/phone for that?
1. Likely.
2. Yes.
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

1. Likely.
2. Yes.
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

I would like to thank you. I called and the CM could find the tickets (eight 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Complimentary Tickets). He sent me an e-mail with a "Magic number" - M********* so I can present it to the guest relations and get the tickets. But now I have more questions:

1 - Do you think I can get a ticket number to link them to my MDE account over the phone (I am overseas)?
2 - Are these tickets valid for any park (they are one day tickets from 2012)?
3 - Are they transferable?
4 - Are they non-expirable?

Thanks again

I would like to thank you. I called and the CM could find the tickets (eight 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Complimentary Tickets). He sent me an e-mail with a "Magic number" - M********* so I can present it to the guest relations and get the tickets. But now I have more questions:

1 - Do you think I can get a ticket number to link them to my MDE account over the phone (I am overseas)?
2 - Are these tickets valid for any park (they are one day tickets from 2012)?
3 - Are they transferable?
4 - Are they non-expirable?

Thanks again

1. Maybe. You should certainly ASK. (It may take some special help on the WDW end.)
2. Yup. All 4 theme parks.
3. Yes.
4. They will remain ready for use indefinitely, until you are ready to use them.

The "downside" in this is that these tickets cannot be upgraded, but can only be used as
one-day tickets.
So, if you are making a multiple-day trip, it would be quite wasteful to use one of these tickets
in addition to another multi-day ticket. It would render your old tickets worth nearly nothing.
HOWEVER, if there are multiple guests in your party, give ALL of the tickets to one person
to use, one-day-at-a time, for the duration of the trip, while other members purchase
new multi-day tickets for their use.

Last edited:
Quick question - we originally bought a 3 day+ ticket (the one with the waterparks/mini golf). Now, we are getting in earlier, so I was THINKING of upgrading to a 4 day. Is this something I can do online, or on the phone, or do I need to wait until I get to WDW? Thanks!

Quick question - we originally bought a 3 day+ ticket (the one with the waterparks/mini golf). Now, we are getting in earlier, so I was THINKING of upgrading to a 4 day. Is this something I can do online, or on the phone, or do I need to wait until I get to WDW? Thanks!

If these are stand-alone tickets (not part of a resort package) it is very rare that you can upgrade
before arrival.

But, you can certainly call and ask nicely.

If you purchased them from Disney,
call: (407) 939-7523, this is the "Existing Tickets" phone number at WDW.

Wow, this thread has been incredibly useful. Thanks for the information and the keeping it up to date.

Here is my scenario and would love to have someone check my math and process. We have purchased a Kids Play & Stay Package with a 7 day admission to 1-park per day and are staying at All Star Movies with 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 4) this September. We are now thinking that we would like to upgrade to Disney Platinum Annual Passes for all 4 of us. Just want to make sure I have everything right.

1. Based on what I see in the sticky posts, I should be able to upgrade these tickets to annual passes as they would be classified as room and tickets package. Am I correct?
2. My math is the following: Current Price of the 7 day ticket for 4: $1600 (pre-tax). Price for the Disney Platinum Passes for 4: $3116 (pre-tax). Difference: $1516. Tax: $98.54 Total difference I would pay: $1614.54
3. I should be able to do this any time after I arrive at the park. I hope to do it ASAP so I can take advantages of the dining discounts. :-)

Thanks so much for any help!
Ed

Wow, this thread has been incredibly useful. Thanks for the information and the keeping it up to date.

Here is my scenario and would love to have someone check my math and process. We have purchased a Kids Play & Stay Package with a 7 day admission to 1-park per day and are staying at All Star Movies with 2 adults and 2 kids (6 and 4) this September. We are now thinking that we would like to upgrade to Disney Platinum Annual Passes for all 4 of us. Just want to make sure I have everything right.

1. Based on what I see in the sticky posts, I should be able to upgrade these tickets to annual passes as they would be classified as room and tickets package. Am I correct?
2. My math is the following: Current Price of the 7 day ticket for 4: $1600 (pre-tax). Price for the Disney Platinum Passes for 4: $3116 (pre-tax). Difference: $1516. Tax: $98.54 Total difference I would pay: $1614.54
3. I should be able to do this any time after I arrive at the park. I hope to do it ASAP so I can take advantages of the dining discounts. :-)

Thanks so much for any help!
Ed

1. Room & tickets package tickets can be upgraded, but so can many other kinds of tickets.

I generally only deal with the cost of one ticket at a time.
(Then just multiply by the number of tickets you want.)
That way, others can more easily apply the info to their individual case.

2. One adult 7-day base (1-park per day) ticket costs $410, plus tax ($436.65)
One Platinum Pass AP costs $779, plus tax ($829.64)
$829.64
=369
$392.99 w/tax
$392.99 (Cost to upgrade)
3. Yes.

1. Maybe. You should certainly ASK. (It may take some special help on the WDW end.)
2. Yup. All 4 theme parks.
3. Yes.
4. They will remain ready for use indefinitely, until you are ready to use them.

The "downside" in this is that these tickets cannot be upgraded, but can only be used as
one-day tickets.
So, if you are making a multiple-day trip, it would be quite wasteful to use one of these tickets
in addition to another multi-day ticket. It would render your old tickets worth nearly nothing.
HOWEVER, if there are multiple guests in your party, give ALL of the tickets to one person
to use, one-day-at-a time, for the duration of the trip, while other members purchase
new multi-day tickets for their use.
That is a good idea. Thanks a lot for your help!

Robo... I just want to make sure that I have this right. I purchased a 4 day + 1 free day Park Hopper ticket recently from Undercover Tourist. I want to upgrade to an Annual Pass. So, the cost of a 5 day Park Hopper ticket pre-February is $435.59. Current cost of AP w/ tax is $829.64. My cost to upgrade will be $394.05. Do I have that right? TIA!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter