The "M number" is a Magic file. Used for documenting exceptions. Also referr

I know exactly what he did in the computer - since your ticket had been used, he couldn't delete it an apply the value to a renewal in the regular way we would do a renewal, so he had to upgrade the ticket to a renewal straight out, and he didn't bother to calculate the correct date based on the expiration of your old pass.

Using the value of tickets, whether they've been used or not, to renew APs isn't something we've got a standard procedure for and it's not something anyone gets trained on. IDK if it used to be something there was a procedure for, but I've read the entire operating guide for ticketing very recently and there's no mention at all in current documentation.
Wonder if the fact that the manual doesn't address it is why I've found these CM who say it can't be done. Both of them have told me it has never been policy to do it but they would make exceptions this time

And I did wonder why the CM this week asked if I had an m number but then didn't give me one. Is it routine to give the guest this number? Why did he think I would have it?

1. OK. That's a 6-day base ticket.
2. That will be fine, but it is not necessary to USE the ticket before you upgrade it.
3. That is the price of a 6-day base ticket AFTER the Feb. 12 price increase.
The price that you need to use is for a 6-day base ticket BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase. ($378.08)
$829.64
=451.56
The price to upgrade should be $451.56

4. Yes.
5. How you word your request should not be an issue. (If there is a problem, it won't be because of your wording.)
6. Doesn't matter. (If you want to make advance FP+, link it in time before your trip.)
7. Yes.

Thank you so much! I was getting very confused :crazy:

Here is our deal. Sister's boyfriend gave her 3---1 day magic kingdom adult tickets. These are from a few years ago. Unused. We are taking her and her 6 year old son.

Can we use an adult ticket for him? And just confirming we can add days on to this style of ticket. The third one will go unused on this trip. Hubby says we could say her son is ten to use the ticket but then we are locked into adult prices to add the other 4 days.

We have annual passes so never had to deal with this.

Here is our deal. Sister's boyfriend gave her 3---1 day magic kingdom adult tickets.
1. These are from a few years ago. Unused. We are taking her and her 6 year old son.
2. Can we use an adult ticket for him?
3. And just confirming we can add days on to this style of ticket.

1. Not knowing from WHERE those tickets came, I can't say for sure.
(You say "a few years ago."
"Magic Kingdom" tickets have only been around since the end of Feb. 2014.
Before that, one-day tickets were not specific to any park.)
These kind of details are extremely important, as it will affect the price of upgrading and even
whether they can be upgraded at all.
2. It likely won't be a problem IF you just USE the one-day ticket as-is, if the child looks to be close to 10 yrs.
HOWEVER...
If you intend to UPGRADE (add days) to the ticket (if allowed,) it will be no problem to upgrade to a child's ticket.
3. The answer to exactly what kind of tickets these are will affect the ability to upgrade.
And the price.

Bought from Disney directly. Been sitting at will call. Said it was 2015 when he ordered the tickets. His trip never happened. We have successfully added the tickets with help over the phone from Disney to DME. We have not assigned the tickets. Her son looks 6-8 and would be hard to convince someone he is 10 if we had to. But we will upgrade the tickets to multi day tickets. Also think we may have to do that before we get there to do fastpass reservations.

1. Bought from Disney directly. Been sitting at will call.
2. Said it was 2015 when he ordered the tickets. His trip never happened.
3. We have successfully added the tickets with help over the phone from Disney to DME.
4. We have not assigned the tickets.
5. Her son looks 6-8 and would be hard to convince someone he is 10 if we had to.
6. But we will upgrade the tickets to multi day tickets.
7. Also think we may have to do that before we get there to do fastpass reservations.

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. OK.
4. That's fine.
5. Now that we know that you can upgrade, that's a non-issue.
6. Sounds good.
7. About that...
It is very rare to be able to upgrade stand-alone tickets except in-person at WDW.
But, you can certainly try.
Please report back with what you find out.

In the upgrade, those tickets should be "worth" what a 1-day MK ticket cost in 2015 (the date of purchase matters, btw.)

I know with a 3 Day PH+ you get 3 entries to water parks. Are you allowed to go to the water park first, or are you required to go to a park first to "activate" your ticket?

Thanks!!!

I know with a 3 Day PH+ you get 3 entries to water parks. Are you allowed to go to the water park first, or are you required to go to a park first to "activate" your ticket?

Thanks!!!
You can use a Water Park visit first if you wish.

You can use a Water Park visit first if you wish.

Thanks!

Second question- if I have a package with a room reservation that starts on a Monday, can I use the water park on Sunday if staying off-site or doing a one night split stay?

if I have a package with a room reservation that starts on a Monday,
can I use the water park on Sunday if staying off-site or doing a one night split stay?

Yes.
If your tickets are part of your on-site WDW resort reservation, you just need to stop by any Guest Relations
with a legal photo ID and ask that your package tickets be activated.
You can do this up to 10 days before your on-site WDW resort check-in date.

Yes.
If your tickets are part of your on-site WDW resort reservation, you just need to stop by any Guest Relations
with a legal photo ID and ask that your package tickets be activated.
You can do this up to 10 days before your on-site WDW resort check-in date.

Thank you so much!

Suggestions Needed

I bought 2 sets of 4 7 Day PH from UT before the Feb price increases. My thinking at that time was these tickets have no expiration and would bridge to the current gate price in whatever year I use them to renew my AP's. Apparently, this is not the case. My question is, should I return the tickets and buy 1 set of current UT tickets (still save approx $50 per ticket over gate but tickets would be approx $50 more). The thinking being that there will be another ticket increase before I use those tickets to renew in Fall 2018. Or (as long as the UT savings is $50 per ticket) just wait until right before I want to renew, buy the tickets. I don't like the idea of having that much money tied up in tickets that are not saving me anything additional the longer I hold onto them. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Suggestions Needed

I bought 2 sets of 4 7 Day PH from UT before the Feb price increases.
1. My thinking at that time was these tickets have no expiration and would bridge to the current gate price in whatever year I use them to renew my AP's.
2. Apparently, this is not the case. My question is,
3. should I return the tickets and buy 1 set of current UT tickets (still save approx $50 per ticket over gate but tickets would be approx $50 more). The thinking being that there will be another ticket increase before I use those tickets to renew in Fall 2018. Or (as long as the UT savings is $50 per ticket) just wait until right before I want to renew, buy the tickets. I don't like the idea of having that much money tied up in tickets that are not saving me anything additional the longer I hold onto them. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
1. Yup.
2. Correct. But, what has changed is simply the amount you save.
It is based on the gate price of pre-Feb. 2017 instead of the current gate price.
You will still be saving money if you upgrade. In some cases, more money than others.
3. I see no reason (for me) to do so.
But, if that's what you want to do, and your tickets are still returnable, so be it.

Thanks Robo...is this thinking correct?

All of these numbers are just examples to make the math easier
AP Renewal 2018 - $500
Feb 2017 Gate Price 7 day ticket - $300
Feb 2017 UT Price - $250 (Saving $50)
Fall 2018 Gate Price 7 day ticket - $400
Fall 2018 UT Price - $350 (Saving $50)

Upgrade with 2017 tickets:
$500 - $300 = pay $200 at renewal + $250 original price = $450 total cost

Upgrade with 2018 tickets:
$500 - $400 = pay $100 at renewal + $350 original price = $450 total cost

So I think the savings would be the same in these scenarios. Both are only saving $50 on the AP renewal. The key benefit would be keeping the cash in hand for an extra 1.5 years as it is not earning anything being tied up in the tickets. Am I missing anything here?

So are existing APs pro-rated? My example: We have existing WDW APs that are four months into our AP year. If we upgrade to Premier passports, we understand that the additional cost of the Premier is not pro-rated. But is the value applied from our existing APs reduced by 25%?

Thanks!

Thanks Robo...is this thinking correct?

If the numbers matter to YOU, that's all that counts.
We have no inkling what Disney will do in the future with ticket pricing and upgrade rules.

For that matter, "Magic Your Way" has been around a very long time (in Disney terms.)
They may decide to completely change the ticket "structure" at any time.

You can move around (between names) UN-used tickets as many times as you like.
What about moving between MDE accounts, and upgrading reassigned tickets?

My brother has two unused tickets in his MDE account that I’d like to use. After having him reassign those tickets to my family members, I’d like to upgrade those tickets to APs. Those tickets are currently sitting in his MDE account, assigned to his in-laws (who can no longer use them due to health reasons).

I know how we can reassign them (‘friending’ each other via MDE), I’m just concerned about potential problems after the upgrade. He’s not a regular WDW visitor/MDE user, and I’m worried he could unintentionally cause problems for my family’s APs through his MDE account.

My assumption is that up until we use the ticket the first time, he could reassign them and cause problems for my FP+ selections. But I also assume that once the tickets are used the first time, there’s nothing more he can do to them from his MDE account.

Am I correct? Do I have anything else to worry about?

How about if we ‘unfriend’ right after he reassigns the tickets to my family’s MDE account members. Is there any way his MDE account could claw back the tickets?

Thanks!

Suggestions Needed

I bought 2 sets of 4 7 Day PH from UT before the Feb price increases. My thinking at that time was these tickets have no expiration and would bridge to the current gate price in whatever year I use them to renew my AP's. Apparently, this is not the case. My question is, should I return the tickets and buy 1 set of current UT tickets (still save approx $50 per ticket over gate but tickets would be approx $50 more). The thinking being that there will be another ticket increase before I use those tickets to renew in Fall 2018. Or (as long as the UT savings is $50 per ticket) just wait until right before I want to renew, buy the tickets. I don't like the idea of having that much money tied up in tickets that are not saving me anything additional the longer I hold onto them. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Not sure if you are accounting for this, but if you return tickets to UT there is a 5% fee taken out of your refund amount.

What about moving between MDE accounts, and upgrading reassigned tickets?

My brother has two unused tickets in his MDE account that I’d like to use. After having him reassign those tickets to my family members, I’d like to upgrade those tickets to APs. Those tickets are currently sitting in his MDE account, assigned to his in-laws (who can no longer use them due to health reasons).

I know how we can reassign them (‘friending’ each other via MDE), I’m just concerned about potential problems after the upgrade. He’s not a regular WDW visitor/MDE user, and I’m worried he could unintentionally cause problems for my family’s APs through his MDE account.

My assumption is that up until we use the ticket the first time, he could reassign them and cause problems for my FP+ selections. But I also assume that once the tickets are used the first time, there’s nothing more he can do to them from his MDE account.

Am I correct? Do I have anything else to worry about?

How about if we ‘unfriend’ right after he reassigns the tickets to my family’s MDE account members. Is there any way his MDE account could claw back the tickets?

Thanks!
You can reassign tickets and upgrade them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter