1. I know with canceling a package from Disney the tickets are refunded.
If say we purchase separate room only + tickets from undercover tourist and then opt to move our trip again,
2. how do we then apply our tickets towards new dated tickets.
3. Call Disney with our ticket number
4. or can we do it through undercover tourist if we buy from them?
5. Do we have to provide them with how much we paid? Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. You can "change/move dates" with UT stand-alone tickets, just like stand-alone tickets bought from Disney.
3. Yes. OR- A guest can often/usually make changes from inside their MDX account.
4. Not that I know of. Once an authorized ticket reseller sells a guest tickets, they are then treated as "Disney tickets" (they are always "Disney tickets.")
5. No. (They are valued as "Disney tickets.")

1. Yes.
2. You can "change/move dates" with UT stand-alone tickets, just like stand-alone tickets bought from Disney.
3. Yes. OR- A guest can often/usually make changes from inside their MDX account.
4. Not that I know of. Once an authorized ticket reseller sells a guest tickets, they are then treated as "Disney tickets" (they are always "Disney tickets.")
5. No. (They are valued as "Disney tickets.")

Thanks!

I am online looking at booking a January vacation to DW. I notice it is now giving me the option of booking a park hopper. Is park hopping going to be a thing in January?

I still have some non expiration park hoppers. We bought new tickets before we went a couple of weeks ago as we thought using the park hoppers would be a waste.

Did you already use the tickets on a previous trip, with some days remaining? If so, I highly doubt they would offer any refund for the hopper even though that is not available now since a used ticket cannot be modified more than 14 days after first use. Since these are non-expiring tickets, they are obviously several years old. If you have not yet used the tickets for any days, you can probably call to ask about removing the hopper option, but be aware they may require you to upgrade to current tickets which could be costly. I believe folks who call to remove hopping before arrival have ended up with current date-based tickets with an expiration date. Weigh whether using the old tickets is really your best option right now.

Our tickets have the park hopping option, and that option hasn't been or won't be available for a long period of time. Disney isn't currently able to honor the tickets we have. Since we paid for park hopping and park hopping isn't available, we should be compensated/refunded for that (just on our unused days). By the time park hopping comes back, our kids will likely be out of the house. And we have no interest in visiting without park hopping.

Our situation isn't that different from that of the AP holders. Disney cannot fulfill what they sold.
We have those too.

We went 2 weeks ago and since we didn't want to use our park hopping tickets, we bought new one day tickets and then prioritized them ahead of our other tickets. Looking at MDE, they are still there.

However, side note, they do show an expiration even though they aren't suppose to expire of 2030. I think we'll use them by then. That would be my advice, just buy new tickets until Covid is done.

I am online looking at booking a January vacation to DW. I notice it is now giving me the option of booking a park hopper. Is park hopping going to be a thing in January?
Since it’s uncertain whether or not park hopping will be back for your trip, the general advice is to buy regular tickets. It’s easy to add the hopping privileges if hopping does return in time for you.

Our tickets have the park hopping option, and that option hasn't been or won't be available for a long period of time. Disney isn't currently able to honor the tickets we have. Since we paid for park hopping and park hopping isn't available, we should be compensated/refunded for that (just on our unused days). By the time park hopping comes back, our kids will likely be out of the house. And we have no interest in visiting without park hopping.

Our situation isn't that different from that of the AP holders. Disney cannot fulfill what they sold.

The issue is that there is no "daily" value for park hopping, so there is no way to determine what a refund amount for remaining days would be.

It's somewhat the same issue as military tickets. They are either park hoppers or park hopper plus. Since no base version is sold, Disney can't offer a refund for the hopper option on them right now, because there is no way to determine the value of that. The choice is to use them as base tickets or not use them at all.

Your tickets do have value. You can go to one park per day with them. I'm not sure why you have "no interest" in visiting without hopping. We also love to hop (we always visit with either military hoppers or APs), but we still find value in visiting one park per day.

As far as kids leaving home, my 28 year old daughter is still my avid Disney buddy. If park hopping is as important to your experience as it seems, I'd hang onto the tickets and enjoy a trip when it returns.

The park reservation system has had unavailable parks consistently with the current system and capacity, particularly at DHS. Unless they are going to expand the park capacity significantly in January, I don't see them adding park hopper. Given the current state of COVID, I don't see them increasing capacity in Jan. To allow hopping, you would potentially be denying access to additional guests. My guess is a hopping guest spends little to no more money on food and souvenirs than a one park guest. Disney wants the maximum number of people on property to maximize spending, which means , no hopping.

Looking at purchasing park tickets for a trip in the Spring. Normally we would book a package, stay onsite, and use the Disney buses from Orlando airport. This year, however, we have some timeshare points to use before they expire and were considering staying at Bonnet Creek.

The concern is COVID. We live in New York where our fabulous governor, King Cuomo, likes to dictate what people can and cannot do with travel. So, naturally I am concerned if I spend money on park tickets for the spring and COVID gets worse, travel becomes completely locked down, that I would not be able to get a refund.

Looking online I think I read that refunds were not being given but I wasn't sure on that with everything that is happening.

Refunds are unlikely. However, if you don't use your tickets they will not lose value -- each unused/expired ticket can be applied as a credit towards a future ticket. So if you spend $500 now on tickets, and then cancel your spring 2021 plans, you can use that as a credit towards tickets for fall 2021 (or spring 2022 or whenever you next return).

Does anyone have personal experience on how the park hopper refund amount is calculated on tickets purchased from Undercover Tourist? I called Disney and they said I had to get the refund from UT. I called UT and they said I could either go to guest services at Disney and they would give us a gift card for the difference or UT would give us a 95% refund for the PH tickets and we could then purchase the base tickets. We plan to go to guest services and get the gift card but I would like to know how they calculate the refund amount.

I believe it will be the same Park Hopper upcharge as purchasing from WDW directly, based on when you bought your tickets. That is most likely $85 plus tax assuming you have at least 4-day tickets. But I don't recall when the last Hopper increase was so it could be a little less.

called Disney and they said I had to get the refund from UT.
That would be counter to many years of ticket "standard procedure."
CM's who work the phones seldom have accurate info regarding tickets
bought from authorized ticket resellers.

I believe it will be the same Park Hopper upcharge as purchasing from WDW directly, based on when you bought your tickets.
Ditto.

Last edited:
Hi all--We were supposed to go to WDW right after they shut down. We had 9 day park hoppers. We are now scheduled to go over Christmas/New Year's. Our trip is now going to be a bit longer, so that we would love 10 day tickets instead. I'm obviously aware that I could purchase a 1 day ticket, but that is so costly. 10 day tickets are allowed in 2021. Since our trip falls over New Years, do you think I'll be able to add a day on January 1? Also, anyone know if they are doing any sort of reimbursement for hopper tickets? I bought from Sam's Club. Thanks for any insight!

10 day tickets are allowed in 2021. Since our trip falls over New Years,
1. do you think I'll be able to add a day on January 1?
2. Also, anyone know if they are doing any sort of reimbursement for hopper tickets?
1. You can try. (Ask nicely.) Be sure to try the upgrade no later than on the same day that you use your current tickets' last valid "day."
2. They are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter