• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ticket should have been ready anyway, but another visit you could put an earlier time for arrival -- what time you expect to be on-property (at the park) instead of when you'll get to the resort. But it sounds like something was just messed up anyway so it probably wasn't related to the online check-in at all.

I had reservations January 30 for 4 nights at The Contemporary with a 4 day park ticket. I had received a text message January 29 that they were expecting us at The Contemporary. On the morning of January 30 we went straight to Hollywood Studios but were not able to get in because we had not checked into the room. We had to go to guest services and wait for them to activate our tickets. For future trips, how can I prevent this? Thanks!

honestly I think that was an IT error in Disney’s part. We do this every trip without issue. It prob was just some bad luck for you snd won’t happen again. I saw something on FB where someone had this exact same thing happen with same hotel and all recently.
Edit to fix spelling error

Can a 5 day base ticket be "upgraded" to a 4 day hopper since the hopper is more expensive? If so, can it be done over the phone or must it be done in person? Thank you in advance!

1. Can a 5 day base ticket be "upgraded" to a 4 day hopper since the hopper is more expensive?
2. If so, can it be done over the phone or must it be done in person? Thank you in advance!
1. Yes.
2. You can try.
But, since you are wanting FEWER days than the original ticket,
(and, therefore, you don't need to make additional park reservations) there's no real need to do the change in advance of your trip.

1. Yes.
2. You can try.
But, since you are wanting FEWER days than the original ticket,
(and, therefore, you don't need to make additional park reservations) there's no real need to do the change in advance of your trip.
Thank you very much for your response!

I called tonight to check my request from about 2 weeks ago. Spoke with a couple CM's..the first didn't have all the answers but the 2nd knew more. I was told that they were approving every body who's pass expired or they cancelled after mid march till mid august and that they had so many that it could take up to a month to call the PH's back.
I asked about the discount and was told that it would full price at the time of purchase with no option to upgrade 'like from silver to gold" until the passes were open to everyone...but it would be a voucher "for a new pass" to activate from your first day on.
But..... I did not talk to the CM that would actually be the one to take your CC so I guess it might be possible for a discount....but they really don't need to since there is a lot of demand and it is starting over with a new pass.
I take it as a nice gesture to let us AP's get the passes first and await my call...:)

So if my pass was canceled during the pandemic last year in mid august to get the refund , i can renew and get the Ap voucher? Is this in person at Disney or over the phone?

So if my pass was canceled during the pandemic last year in mid august to get the refund , i can renew and get the Ap voucher? Is this in person at Disney or over the phone?
I suggest contacting WDW to find out, sooner rather than later. I'm honestly not sure that you can just show up at a ticket window and request it -- APs aren't being sold right now, though you are correct that folks who cancelled their APs due to the closure are allows to purchase a new voucher (not a renewal). But I think it's a specific group handling that and folks have reported waiting considerable time (2+ weeks) for call-backs to do this.

I suggest contacting WDW to find out, sooner rather than later. I'm honestly not sure that you can just show up at a ticket window and request it -- APs aren't being sold right now, though you are correct that folks who cancelled their APs due to the closure are allows to purchase a new voucher (not a renewal). But I think it's a specific group handling that and folks have reported waiting considerable time (2+ weeks) for call-backs to do this.

Do you happen to have the number or is it just the customer service number?

First time in a while buying tickets that werent part of a resort package. Bought the tickets for myself and the wife and they are linked in MDE. Whats weird is that when I go to make a park reservation, it wont let me make one for both of us at the same time. I have to make mine, then go back in and make hers.

It says that parties cant have multiple admission types, which we dont.

This seems a bit wonky, is it normal?

This seems a bit wonky, is it normal?
Depends.
What is rather inconsistently "wonky" is the behavior (in general) of the MyDisneyExperience site and app.

But, wonky or not, If you can make it work to get the reservations you want (and they stay after you make them) you'll be OK.

I wish they sold an after 4 or 5pm ticket like the Tokyo parks do. I’m going to Orlando soon for a Universal trip but would love to pop over to Epcot or MK for an evening. The day tickets are just way too expensive.

I have an unusual situation. I’m going in April with my teenage son. I have a room and ticket package with regular tickets, not park hoppers. I would like to go to Epcot in the evening on a day when we will be in a different park in the daytime. My son has no interest in going to Epcot with me. I don’t want to pay for hoppers for both of us for our length of stay just for me to go to Epcot one evening. My question is, can I buy a separate 1 day ticket separate from the package and use that? Proving the park has not reached capacity of course. Any thoughts?

1. can I buy a separate 1 day ticket separate from the package and use that? Proving the park has not reached capacity of course.
2. Any thoughts?
1. Yes. But, no reason to do that.
2. After you arrive, you can upgrade just YOUR ticket to a Hopper.
Once guests arrive, they can deal with even "package" tickets individually.

BTW, Epcot never reaches capacity.

Our previously booked trip was for August 2020. We had a room only reservation, then picked up six 4 Park Magic tickets tickets, 4 adults and 2 of which were children under 9. They now expire on September 26. My husband and I are going before they expire but the family trip has been postponed until January/February 2022. I also realize things may change between now and September.
First question: Since the tickets "rolled over" into basically anytime before September 26, can we go to any park or are we still bound to 1 of each park? (Just checking - DHS is our must do and I need to figure out how to reserve the park days)
Second question: Since we bought discounted tickets, when we go to buy new tickets for the 2022 trip, will it be price bridged? (I bought online through Disney)
Third question: One of the kids has now aged out and I know we will have to pay the difference between a child ticket and an adult price for her, but if we arrive at WDW before the second child's birthday and we are there when she turns 9, (already using her child ticket prior to her birthday), will that make a difference?
I'm not planning to make changes to the 4 tickets at this time because I'm waiting to see if they come up with another "special priced ticket" or extend the expiration date past September 26, but just gathering info in order to try to decide what to do with our unused tickets.
Thank you!
Also, I went to the magic band thread but that looks inactive; is there a current Q&A thread for magic bands? Thanks!

Our previously booked trip was for August 2020. We had a room only reservation, then picked up six 4 Park Magic tickets tickets, 4 adults and 2 of which were children under 9. They now expire on September 26. My husband and I are going before they expire but the family trip has been postponed until January/February 2022. I also realize things may change between now and September.
1. First question: Since the tickets "rolled over" into basically anytime before September 26, can we go to any park or are we still bound to 1 of each park? (Just checking - DHS is our must do and I need to figure out how to reserve the park days)
2. Second question: Since we bought discounted tickets, when we go to buy new tickets for the 2022 trip, will it be price bridged? (I bought online through Disney)
3. Third question: One of the kids has now aged out and I know we will have to pay the difference between a child ticket and an adult price for her, but if we arrive at WDW before the second child's birthday and we are there when she turns 9, (already using her child ticket prior to her birthday), will that make a difference?
I'm not planning to make changes to the 4 tickets at this time because I'm waiting to see if they come up with another "special priced ticket" or extend the expiration date past September 26, but just gathering info in order to try to decide what to do with our unused tickets.
Thank you!
Also, I went to the magic band thread but that looks inactive; is there a current Q&A thread for magic bands? Thanks!
1. Unsure. I would expect only one visit per park. (But, with the pandemic craziness... who knows?)
2. Expect price bridging (as usual.)
3. A child "remains" the age she/he was on the first day a ticket is used on a trip.

Thank you! This is what had me confused.
•Price bridging is NOT done for tickets purchased "directly from Disney," as in:
On-line Order from Disney site.
Phone Order from Disney Phone Cast Member.
In-person at a WDW ticket booth, etc.

Thank you! This is what had me confused.
•Price bridging is NOT done for tickets purchased "directly from Disney," as in:
On-line Order from Disney site.
Phone Order from Disney Phone Cast Member.
In-person at a WDW ticket booth, etc.
Don't worry about "price bridging," per se.
What you would be doing is using the amount you originally paid for the old (expired) tickets as a partial payment toward new tickets at the time of your trip.

Hi — I’m just letting everyone know of my positive ticketing experience yesterday.

For background, my DH and I had Florida Resident Weekday Select passes that originally were set to expire in late March 2020. With the shutdown days credited the new expiration date became August 19, 2020. We were interested in getting new Florida Resident APs, which ideally wouldn’t be activated until our planned trip in December this year.

Two days ago I called Disney to get my case started and was given the standard 14 day time period to receive a call back concerning an answer. That’s when I started reading here to get more info on what’s been going on and decided that it might be worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to Disney Springs to speak to someone face to face.

We got to the Guest Services building at Disney Springs at 9:40 AM and were second in line. Right at 10 AM a person at the kiosk outside of the building checked in the people in front of us and then it was our turn. Upon hearing a brief summary of our issue we were directed to go to the ticketing office in a nearby building and were the first people there.

The cast member quickly found our information (we are only part time Fl residents and hadn’t brought our AP pass cards with us because we knew we wouldn’t be going to the parks on this trip and didn’t realize when we left home that it might be possible to get a new AP). She told us that we couldn’t renew our expired passes (which would have had the date run from August 2020-August 2021) but we could buy new APs that would run one year from first use. And we were able to upgrade and purchase the Platinum APs instead of the Florida Select, which was exactly what we wanted. We did have to pay the regular price instead of the renewal price.

I have no idea if we would have gotten the same result had we not gone to Disney Springs but it definitely was worth the drive for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter