• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far in advance are park reservations filling up for busy times? Or is there a separate thread tracking this?
Not a specific separate thread, but people will start threads or make comments on ongoing threads about availability for certain times. In general, busy times like the December holiday period have started to show booked-up days at certain parks about 6 weeks ahead of time. Super desirable times, like MK for the anniversary date of Oct 1, 2021, booked up months in advance. It’s probably a good idea to watch it yourself on the official availability calendar for the time you’re interested in. Keep in mind there are three “buckets” of points and be sure to check the one appropriate for you. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder

I'm sorry, I just need to vent....I have called Ticket Services three times, one time I waited 2 hours, still on hold when I finally gave up. 2nd time I waited 1 1/2 hours and then was disconnected. The third time I called I was told there was a two hour wait but they were closing soon and weren't allowed to transfer more calls. Now I'm on hold for almost an hour, fourth try. I just want to add park days to two people in our party. My Disney Experience only lets me transfer tickets - can't add days. And I need to add days in order to make park reservations. I have never dealt with this in all of our trips. I'm so frustrated. It should not be this difficult! UPDATE - just waited an hour, finally someone answered, I gave him my phone number and pleaded that he call me back if disney disconnects us. He said he would. After five minutes of discussion, I was disconnected and no phone call back. I'm losing my mind! Thanks for listening.
Same here. When I arrive on 2/25, I am just planning to visit guest services at the hotel to add my days. I’ve already got my reservation for Hollywood Studios so I’m not real concerned about park availability. I didn’t buy a ticket for the day of arrival since I’m flying from the upper Midwest and could face winter weather delays.

Same here. When I arrive on 2/25, I am just planning to visit guest services at the hotel to add my days. I’ve already got my reservation for Hollywood Studios so I’m not real concerned about park availability. I didn’t buy a ticket for the day of arrival since I’m flying from the upper Midwest and could face winter weather delays.
Isn't it just crazy!? Funny, I called back a day later, after I asked him to please call me back if we were disconnected, waited 2 hours and got the SAME employee that never called me back. So....either they just don't have enough employees working in Ticket Services or that was a big coincidence that I got the same person! I finally got it all worked out. It's unbelievable how difficlult that was!

I have looked and can’t find information on this topic. Can you upgrade/add days to a ticket from the play more days promotion. We were looking at booking a 4 night package which you pay for 3 day tickets and get 2 more days. Will that be treated (bridged) as a 5 day ticket that can be upgraded or will it revert to the cost of a 3 day ticket negating the discount? If you book more nights and pick the option of a 7 day ticket they factor the cost as 2 free days added to a 5 day ticket which is barely a discount and I don’t want the additional hotel days.

I have looked and can’t find information on this topic. Can you upgrade/add days to a ticket from the play more days promotion. We were looking at booking a 4 night package which you pay for 3 day tickets and get 2 more days.

Will that be treated (bridged) as a 5 day ticket that can be upgraded or will it revert to the cost of a 3 day ticket negating the discount?

I am not sure if those tickets can be upgraded.
(If they can be, you should get the value of a 5-day ticket.)

Sorry to jump in here, & if this has been asked /answered already, but on a different note: Is there any word yet on if AP's will be allowed to purchase for DVC / or anyone for that matter. Or existing tickets upgradeable to an AP? T.I.A. DizDad

Sorry to jump in here, & if this has been asked /answered already, but on a different note: Is there any word yet on if AP's will be allowed to purchase for DVC / or anyone for that matter. Or existing tickets upgradeable to an AP? T.I.A. DizDad
Some have been sold. Case-by-case seems to be the situation.
A guest needs to ask to see if Disney will allow the purchase.
Upgrades would work, if the sale of AP is allowed for the guest(s) involved.

Called WDW customer service last Wednesday in the afternoon, was only a 45min wait. Cast member was very friendly!

Some have been sold. Case-by-case seems to be the situation.
A guest needs to ask to see if Disney will allow the purchase.
Upgrades would work, if the sale of AP is allowed for the guest(s) involved.
This I assume is for an existing AP, to Renew"
Called WDW customer service last Wednesday in the afternoon, was only a 45min wait. Cast member was very friendly!
Did you get a brand new one? Or just extend/renew and existing one? Or Did you have tickets and you upgrade? Sorry to be a bother... Thanks for the info guys

Greetings!

My family is considering a trip (six nights) to WDW in early May 2021. This would be our 5th trip in the last twelve years. We always stay on property and use ME. I'm struggling with the fact that based on what I have priced for a package that week, I will be spending a fair amount more than I have in the past and be receiving less of a product. I know Covid is a part of the issue but I also feel like WDW is using Covid as an excuse to cut services that were a key part of a magical vacation. With no extra magic hours, no fast passes, many dining options closed, no fireworks, considerably less shows etc. I am having trouble signing on to this endeavor. This is not intended to be a whiny post even though as I read it, that's what it kind of sounds like. Trust me. I want to get excited. Am I looking at this wrong?

Many thanks!

One way to look at it is as an escape from what you’ve been living with for the past year. I went for a week pre-covid last January, and thought I wouldn’t be going back until Dec 2021, but by October, I was going stir-crazy being trapped with my family (whom I love and are wonderful, in normal circumstances 😆😆) so I went for a 5 day solo trip the last week of October and recharged before the stress of the holidays. Now I’m going back for a solo birthday trip in March for another recharge.

Will it be a different experience from “normal” Disney? Yes, of course. But the magic is still there, and the random cavalcades are a great addition, I definitely saw more characters in October than I did in January. I do miss fireworks/evening shows, but it’s not the end of the world for me.

l look at it from the point of view that it’s going to be tons of fun and we’re going to make great memories regardless. It won’t be the same, but no trip is. No fireworks means we get to go to bed as early as I want. No shows means more pool time. Maybe not all restaurants are open, but we will still eat good food! If it just won’t be worth it to you, then you may want to reconsider so that you don’t regret going. I’ve read some posters wish they hadn’t gone. That said, I can’t wait! I’m going with the mindset that it’s going to be great no matter what and I’m grateful to be able to have some sun, fun, and smiles. Pared down Disney is still better than staying here all summer long.

I’ve changed my perception on a disney vacation but I don’t think it is worth it for everyone. It’s worth it for us right now only cause I have an AP and my kid is under 2. For me, the changes have meant no more worrying about the time and trying to stay on a “schedule”. We get up for rope drop, and while it stinks not having as much to do at the parks, it’s nice being able to go back for a nap and not feel like we are missing out. It’s also been nice to have more pool time especially since my child loves the water.

however there are things I don’t like, I miss the fireworks, I miss character hugs (although I don’t think my kid would have anything to do with that), and I hate some of the park hours, for example epcot opening at 11 makes us have to decide whether to go for rope drop or give our kid a decent nap (plus she wakes up early and there isn’t much to do in the early mornings). And it does feel like the magic is missing when you can’t see people’s face mask (and I hate photos with masks on).

if this was an only trip for me or the only trip for a long time,I wouldn’t go and save my money. If you just want an escape from real life and just a vacation then I’d say go

I went to WDW three times in 2020, not having been since a MVMCP in December 2014. In the past, most trips were done without a lot of planning and lasted under 5 days.

After a week in Orlando in Jan 2020 (one ? park day), I really thought I was done with WDW. It was the week following Princess Marathon. And I had never experienced the crowd sizes that had become common.

After reports of low crowds after reopening, I waited for traditional low season (and cooler temps, somewhat) and went to Orlando in September, eventually staying for two weeks. Once home, we made arrangements to return in early November, utilizing scheduled vacation time that had been designated for a booked / paid-for Disney cruise.

I was headed to Orlando in January 2021, but came home due to car troubles. I have been plotting the best time to return there this spring, trying to avoid Spring Break and Easter crowds.

I don’t consider myself a Disney fanatic - it’s not my “Happy Place;” that would probably be Hawaii. The roller coasters are just okay. Things are overpriced. Not a fan of standing in line. Didn’t visit during the heyday years of FP+; we were used to having to crisscross a park to get that paper FP ticket. I say character greetings don’t matter, but get teary when a random encounter happens (I know they are just people in costumes, but still). I skip most parades to catch a shorter queue for a ride (unless it’s the MNSSHP parade).

.... I am still excited about going this Spring. Sure, I miss MK fireworks and the live shows. (I miss live shows that were retired, 23 years after I saw them once). We ate corn dog nuggets or had Dole Whip while watching the fireworks - Dole Whip is still there, in more parks than Used to be - and corn dog nuggets are available at Westward Ho!

But it’s still WDW. There’s a familiarity for those returning. When you enter Main Street, there’s a castle at the end of the street (new colors). Animal Kingdom is still A great immersion into a man-made nature (the animals are wonderful - and I have been on safari in Africa). The Festivals at EPCOT and Soarin’ give me a reason to incorporate it into my trip (thanks to the return of park hopping). The positive changes to Hollywood Studios are reflected in its increased crowds, but Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge are definitely positive improvements.

I have stopped in the street to listen to the Dapper Dans, watched the mini parades or cavalcades without having to stake out a spot and ridden new favorite rides (Rise of the Resistance) and old, cheesy (kiddie) rides that I used to skip due to long lines - Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan - thanks to shorter lines at various times of the day.

... If you just aren’t excited, its okay to skip it. Just think about what is about a Disney trip that has made you return all those times. Is it the family spending time together in a place you are comfortable, with old good memories? Is there a deal breaker? ME, a specific ride or show that is not available?

Best of success in your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter