So I bought 2 day tix for January. Bought recently for a marathon week trip I've had booked, via DVC, for several months. Last night I booked a DVC stay for Dec. I'd like to move my 2 day tix to the Dec trip as I suspect the marathon will be cancelled and then we won't go. But the tix are dated tix for something like Jan 3-7. I go on MDE and click to 'change' the tix but it gives me error message. I do have park reservations booked. If I cancel those will it allow me to swap to Dec dates? Do I have to call in? Or is it not at all possible to swap dates?

Hi

Does anyone know when tickets are going to be on sale for October 21?

We have a week booked at Pop and are keen to get tickets for it.

BEFORE you go to the gate at the first park, stop by any Guest Relations and have them set the ticket that you want to use first as your top "priority" in MDX.
Okay thank you! If we have to pick a date for the one day ticket wont it just automatically set it up?

Last edited:

Okay thank you! If we have to pick a date for the one day ticket wont it just automatically set it up?
Likely so.
HOWEVER, knowing how "reliably" (?) MDX works, I'd simply make the quick stop by Guest Relations and
make sure by having your tickets' priorities set.
And, that GR stop can even be on a day earlier than the day that you first use your ticket(s,) if that suits your trip.

We had plans for April this past year. We still have our tickets that have been extended thru December. We had hoped to go in September or November but it’s just not going to happen. One of our travel party has some pretty strict travel restrictions. So we are going to travel late February early March.

My question is has anyone tried to get their tickets extended beyond the December something date?

My question is has anyone tried to get their tickets extended beyond the December something date?
If your tickets cannot be extended, you can use their original value to help purchase new tickets that will be usable at a future date.

Likely so.
HOWEVER, knowing how "reliably" (?) MDX works, I'd simply make the quick stop by Guest Relations and
make sure by having your tickets' priorities set.
And, that GR stop can even be on a day earlier than the day that you first use your ticket(s,) if that suits your trip.
Okay yeah I will make sure to stop at GR.

We still have our tickets that have been extended thru December.
I suggest you check that expiration date again. It’s my understanding all tickets impacted by the closure or purchased prior to the announced reopening plans should have been automatically extended through 9/26/2021 (re-extended in your case). If your tickets do not reflect that date, call.

I suggest you check that expiration date again. It’s my understanding all tickets impacted by the closure or purchased prior to the announced reopening plans should have been automatically extended through 9/26/2021 (re-extended in your case). If your tickets do not reflect that date, call.

thank you! I will check. There’s been so many changes ams so much going on i haven’t been able to keep up.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or even if there is an answer to the question.

I currently have a 14 day trip booked for the end of April 2021, I have made park reservations with a DVC stay and a 14 day park ticket linked to my account. I am however going to be buying a gold annual pass before this trip (Disney are offering to refund UK 14 day tickets), does anyone know if I will lose those park reservations when the tickets on my MDE change?
I have a similar question- I may try to buy points for a DVC stay but I cannot do that until I can book flights & know the dates. Can I buy tickets now to secure park dates with a room stay package and then replace the confirm # of the DVC (if I can get one) and maintain my tickets with the park reservations somehow, or will my park reservation disappear during the update?

I have a similar question- I may try to buy points for a DVC stay but I cannot do that until I can book flights & know the dates. Can I buy tickets now to secure park dates with a room stay package and then replace the confirm # of the DVC (if I can get one) and maintain my tickets with the park reservations somehow, or will my park reservation disappear during the update?
If you buy a package, the tickets cannot be separated from that. I'd recommend just buying separate tickets.

Yes, you can apply the value of your date-based tickets towards a different date if needed.

Yes, you can apply the value of your date-based tickets towards a different date if needed.
Is payment due immediately on tickets in MDE? Also, do you know if park reservations would remain in the system if I booked a package and then canceled it if I had to & immediately purchased the park tickets as a replacement?

1. Is payment due immediately on tickets in MDE?
2. Also, do you know if park reservations would remain in the system if I booked a package and then canceled it if I had to & immediately purchased the park tickets as a replacement?
1. If you BUY them as stand-alone tickets, then, yes. In order to actually order stand-alone tickets, you must pay for them when you order them.
2. I don't understand. Do you already HAVE tickets on which you are booking the park reservations?
Regardless, like most anything regarding WDW reservations, I recommend that you buy the NEW tickets and have them in your MDE account BEFORE you cancel anything that is currently being "used" for holding reservations.
OTOH, if your park reservations are booked based on you having a "package," I don't know if those park reservations would stay booked if you dropped the package.
Rules and procedures are changeable and not certain during this time of the pandemic.

1. If you BUY them as stand-alone tickets, then, yes. In order to actually order stand-alone tickets, you must pay for them when you order them.
2. I don't understand. Do you already HAVE tickets on which you are booking the park reservations?
Regardless, like most anything regarding WDW reservations, I recommend that you buy the NEW tickets and have them in your MDE account BEFORE you cancel anything that is currently being "used" for holding reservations.
OTOH, if your park reservations are booked based on you having a "package," I don't know if those park reservations would stay booked if you dropped the package.
Rules and procedures are changeable and not certain during this time of the pandemic.
Thanks-yes, that is the only issue- I don't know if Covid will prevent our travel next spring which is why I really can't rent points with a non refundable DVC room. I will not know until it is closer in time and from what I've read, may be too late to get the DVC. Which is why I may or may not need tickets.
I guess there is really no way to know anything now except that travel restrictions are keeping me from coming on my current trip. (Which is a package, so no issue with canceling, it's the reschedule that's the problem)

I purchased our tix through UnderCover Tourist in Feb 2020.
I first contacted them for a refund of the Hopper Option portion. They told me to contact Disney for a refund in the form of a GC. I asked what the cost of adding the hopper was when I purchased them (since my UT invoice didn't break it down). They told me $90.53

Called WDW ticketing today and after she did some "figuring" (her words) the CM wanted to refund me just $40.35 total, per ticket, for the cost of the hopper added to 8 day tickets.

This seems rather low compared to what I've seen others post here that they've received for tix with less days on.
It also seems low compared to what I recall paying for the hopper added to tix in previous years.

Because of many past experiences with WDW phone reps not always being correct, I declined her offered refund and contacted UT again. (they had asked me to get back to them with what WDW refund amount was)

While I'm waiting for a reply from UT, I was wondering...... What's been your experience?

Last edited:
I purchased our tix through UnderCover Tourist in Feb 2020.
I first contacted them for a refund of the Hopper Option portion. They told me to contact Disney for a refund in the form of a GC. I asked what the cost of adding the hopper was when I purchased them (since my UT invoice didn't break it down). They told me $90.53

Called WDW ticketing today and after she did some "figuring" (her words) the CM wanted to refund me just $40.35 total, per ticket, for the cost of the hopper added to 8 day tickets.

This seems rather low compared to what I've seen others post here that they've received for tix with less days on.
It also seems low compared to what I recall paying for the hopper added to tix in previous years.

Because of many past experiences with WDW phone reps not always being correct, I declined her offered refund and contacted UT again. (they had asked me to get back to them with what WDW refund amount was)

While I'm waiting for a reply from UT, I was wondering...... What's been your experience?
In years 2017 & 2018, adding the Hopper to multi-day tickets cost about $80 per ticket (including tax.)
I don't have the exact price list for Feb. 2020, but figure that the cost of the Hopper option was at least $80.
If UT says $90.53, I'd say that could be darn-near correct.

In years 2017 & 2018, adding the Hopper to multi-day tickets cost about $80 per ticket (including tax.)
I don't have the exact price list for Feb. 2020, but figure that the cost of the Hopper option was at least $80.
If UT says $90.53, I'd say that could be darn-near correct.
I got a reply from UT via Facebook Messenger (they've been REALLY good about communications thru that channel). Said their Customer Service Team is back up to speed and will address my case via their online contact form. So I popped a brief one off right away.
If Disney CM was even close, to the $90, I'd be OK with that, but less than HALF what I actually spent..... made me think her "figuring" was off somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time a Disney phone CM got it wrong. She was real nice but I think she made an error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter