TINKGURL & XOKTENOX Conquer Walt Disney World in July~A PTR--UPDATE 8/1

xoktenox

DIS Veteran
Hello to all our Disney loving readers out there! Tinkgurl and xoktenox are here to start a brand spankin’ new PTR for our joint trip to WDW this July!! First, we’ll start with introductions…

~xoktenox’s group:

Hey everyone! I’d taken a little hiatus from the disboards but I’m back now :) I apologize to anyone who was reading my Nov/Dec TR that I ditched…I’m unfortunately not going to finish it. But I’m really excited to start the PTR for two reasons…one, it means we’re going back to WDW! And two, I get to write it with one of my bestest friends in the whole world, tinkgurl!

For those of you who don’t know us, here’s our group…there’s only two of us haha

Me, Kristen- I’m a 22 year old financial service rep for a local credit union. I graduated college in 2008 and am in grad school right now to become a social studies teacher!
(I twirl my hair obsessively)

032.jpg

My boyfriend, Chris- He’s a 25 year old cable technician who loves everything and anything to do with cars. He’s obsessed!

491.jpg

I’m the Disney addict out of the two of us, however; this will be mine and Chris’ third time in WDW together (we went in April 2009 and November/December 2009) and he loves it more every time we go. We’ll be in the World from July 20-28 staying at Pop Century Resort with 8 day park hopper tickets, 5 “fun visit” tickets from a previous stay and the basic dining plan.

For those of you who don’t know, tinkgurl and I live 1000 miles from one another…literally. We’ve never met but we talk everyday and I even have the honor of being a bridesmaid in her upcoming wedding! So although this will be our first time meeting in person, it’s going to be like meeting someone who I’ve known forever. I can’t even describe the excitement I’m feeling to not only get to go to my happy place again, but to get to spend the time with two of the people I love the most in the world! And I’m also sooo thrilled to get to meet her family while we’re there too!

~tinkgurl's group:

This is a very big trip for us! It will be our usual 5: me, Fiance, Sis, Mom, and Dad. And, we have some more family coming along this time! Grandma and Grandpa (last time at WDW was in 2001), Uncle (last time at WDW was in 2006), Step-Cousin (I'll call him Cuz) (last time at WDW was in 2006), the little guy (cousin) (THIS IS HIS FIRST TIME!). :yay:

*Sorry this pic is blurry. The camera was not cooperating that day. :rolleyes:*

allofus1-1.jpg

Front row: Cuz and Mom, Second row: Grandma, little guy, Grandpa, Third row: Uncle, Fiance, Me, Sis, Dad.

Here's another pic of us all taken a few years ago. As you can see, we're missing just one person on this trip. My Aunt, the boys' mom, passed away in 2008. We miss her every day and know that she will be there with us in spirit. :angel:

all10-1.jpg

We'll be staying at the Contemporary from July 19 to July 24. The Contemporary is Grandma and Grandpa's choice. They took Uncle, Mom & Dad (dating) to WDW and stayed there way back in the day. We stayed at the Contemporary with them over Christmas in 2001. Now, they want to take us there for the little guy's first time. It means the world to them. On the 24th, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle, and the boys are going home. My 5 are then moving over to OKW from July 24 to July 31. We are DVC members and have fallen in love with OKW!

So, as you can see, this is an exciting trip for us. Not only are we going to spend most of the trip with xoktenox and her BF, but it's also the little guy's 1st trip!

So there ya have it, the entire cast of the PTR! There’s a lot of us but you’ll know us well by the time we leave for WDW! We’ll also be writing a joint TR when we get back from WDW so we hope you’ll stick around for that later in the year! Thanks for joining in :thumbsup2

You know I'm here, ladies. ;)

Heyyy Sarah! Glad you're joining in :thumbsup2

Woo! It's started! :banana:

Girl, this is gonna be greattttttt :banana:

I'm here! :yay: You guys picked a good time to go, my birthday is the 27th! :laughing:

Hey, welcome! We'll have a birthday drink for you on the 27th! haha My bday is in early August and tinkgurl's is in early July so it's kind of a birthday celebration trip for us too.

Hey, welcome! Glad you're joining in for the ride :thumbsup2

Checking in for duty!!

Welcome! Thanks for coming over for the fun :thumbsup2

Do we get to take any credit for this friendship? I may have a fuzzy memory, but I'm thinking that three sets of good friends may have met on our reports - you guys, Katie and Meghan, and Dawn and Erica. I know for sure Dawn and Erica, and I am really thinking the rest of you pretty much hooked up on our reports at the very beginning, as well.

And if you did, my reward will be easy enough - just making page one of your report makes me happy! :)

I am in on this ride, and Jill will be here as soon as she finds out you have started. Looking forward to the fun!!! :woohoo:

Do we get to take any credit for this friendship? I may have a fuzzy memory, but I'm thinking that three sets of good friends may have met on our reports - you guys, Katie and Meghan, and Dawn and Erica. I know for sure Dawn and Erica, and I am really thinking the rest of you pretty much hooked up on our reports at the very beginning, as well.

And if you did, my reward will be easy enough - just making page one of your report makes me happy! :)

I am in on this ride, and Jill will be here as soon as she finds out you have started. Looking forward to the fun!!! :woohoo:

Haha, MeMom you make me smile. :) It is amazing to meet someone on here that really has become your best friend. :) That's so great that others have found one too.

Sounds FUN!!!! I'm IN!!! :woohoo:

Can't wait to read about your experience when you meet for the 1st time! I bet there will be lots of happy tears to be had. :hug:

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Can't wait to read about your experience when you meet for the 1st time! I bet there will be lots of happy tears to be had. :hug:

Welcome! :cheer2:

There will definately be happy tears! :goodvibes We've been waiting for this moment for awhile now!

Hi there! Xoktenox I wasn't following your TR but I have been following Tinkgurl's PTR; can't wait to hear about all the fun you will have! :dance3:

Tinkgurl I know you have been anticipating taking your little guy for awhile now; this will be so special for all your family! :grouphug:

Please make sure someone takes pictures when you guys actually meet for the first time! :yay:

I'm in! This sounds like it should be a fun trip. I can't wait to see all the pics of the little guy at the happiest place on earth!

I'm in! There is nothing better than the look on someone's face on their first trip to WDW...no matter how old they are. I can't wait!

Here to hear all your plans! :surfweb::cool2:

Woo hoo! Glad you made it over Tim!

Hi there! Xoktenox I wasn't following your TR but I have been following Tinkgurl's PTR; can't wait to hear about all the fun you will have! :dance3:

Tinkgurl I know you have been anticipating taking your little guy for awhile now; this will be so special for all your family! :grouphug:

Please make sure someone takes pictures when you guys actually meet for the first time! :yay:

Welcome!

We cannot wait to finally meet. Sure, we will make sure someone takes pics of us meeting!

I am so excited to take the little guy and I'm so excited that xoktenox will be there to share it with me.

I'm in! This sounds like it should be a fun trip. I can't wait to see all the pics of the little guy at the happiest place on earth!

Hey girl! Glad you made it over!

I'm in! There is nothing better than the look on someone's face on their first trip to WDW...no matter how old they are. I can't wait!

Hi! Thanks for coming over!

Aww MeMom, you guys totally get to take the credit for this friendship! It's so amazing how many people become such good friends from a Disney website and directly from meeting on your TRs. If I do recall, tinkgurl and I did meet on your report. Can't wait for Jill to join in too :thumbsup2

We will probably be blubbering idiots considering I could cry about it right now :rotfl: Thanks for joining in!

Here to hear all your plans! :surfweb::cool2:

Hey Tim, thanks for coming over!

Someone will have to take pictures of us so you guys can see us crying together :lmao: Welcome aboard!

I'm so excited not only to get to finally meet the little guy and the rest of tinkgurl's family, but to get to see his first time and how he experiences WDW through his eyes!

I can't wait to see the little guy's reaction to everything!

I'm so happy for you both and so excited to read along!! :cutie:

We're pretty darn happy too! :banana:

Hi! I followed along on your first TR, xoktenox and am excited to read this one :goodvibes How exciting that you guys get to meet for the first time! Whenever I travel with the fam, it always seems like 30 people come along, so I think I will enjoy reading this PTR/TR very much!

Aww MeMom, you guys totally get to take the credit for this friendship! It's so amazing how many people become such good friends from a Disney website and directly from meeting on your TRs. If I do recall, tinkgurl and I did meet on your report. Can't wait for Jill to join in too :thumbsup2

Yay! :cool1:
It makes me feel good that we could be a part of a good DIS friendship.
And if you really didn't first hook up on our TR, just let me pretend you did. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter