Impatiently waiting for the release of late July - early Aug dates ... trying to decide whether or not to purchase an AP and wanted to double check if any discounts are offered for the HEA Dessert Party for AP holders ?? I don't believe so but just double checking ...

Impatiently waiting for the release of late July - early Aug dates ... trying to decide whether or not to purchase an AP and wanted to double check if any discounts are offered for the HEA Dessert Party for AP holders ?? I don't believe so but just double checking ...
To my knowledge, no discounts have ever been offered for the dessert parties.

A friend and I attended this on Friday night after a meal at Cali Grill. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend this to anyone on the fence about it. Everything was orderly, we had an amazing spot, great desserts ( I think I had one of everything), and plenty of room to move around within the viewing area.

When my friends decided to go see HEA the next night, without the party, I decided to stay at the room because I knew I would be disappointed with our viewing area and I personally don't like being stuck after the show on Main St. for 40 mins.

Just FYI - you may want to do something other than Photobucket for this stuff. The pics you posted yesterday were great, but looks like it wants you to pay up. Not sure if you noticed, but just wanted you to know.

Also, thanks for the review!

I just booked the plaza view dessert party for April and got an AP discount. At least, that's what I assume it was, since I don't have anything else that would give me a discount (DVC, Disney Visa, etc)

I just booked the plaza view dessert party for April and got an AP discount. At least, that's what I assume it was, since I don't have anything else that would give me a discount (DVC, Disney Visa, etc)

You may want to check your math/confirmation e-mail. There aren’t any discounts available for the dessert parties.

Just FYI - you may want to do something other than Photobucket for this stuff. The pics you posted yesterday were great, but looks like it wants you to pay up. Not sure if you noticed, but just wanted you to know.

Also, thanks for the review!

Sorry again. Updated the post.

After reading the reviews and seeing the photos, I am really interested in doing this with my husband during our next trip in September (if offered). I like the idea of having a sectioned off viewing space. While we're not big dessert eaters, I'm sure the price is worth the experience.

Maybe they won’t let us book it because they are in the process of raising prices for it this summer.. they will probably add a new 20 cent cupcake to justify it

I'm checking availability for the plaza garden view in early May, just to see if it is an option. After I search, it shows me a box with a 7:45 arrival, but I click the box and nothing happens. Other dates I checked that are full show no times available. Does this mean it's sold out or is it a glitch?

Maybe they won’t let us book it because they are in the process of raising prices for it this summer.. they will probably add a new 20 cent cupcake to justify it

I will honestly be shocked (and super happy) if they DON'T raise the prices!

I just wish they'd add in parade viewing for the MNSSHP and MVMCP dessert parties. That along with the fireworks viewing would probably be the only way I could convince DH to do another dessert party!

I'm checking availability for the plaza garden view in early May, just to see if it is an option. After I search, it shows me a box with a 7:45 arrival, but I click the box and nothing happens. Other dates I checked that are full show no times available. Does this mean it's sold out or is it a glitch?

If the “time” pops up, it’s not sold out. Try a different browser or computer. If you’re on chrome, use the Incognito function (or equivalent on other browsers). Sometimes MDX gets wonky, ‘usually’ this fixes it.

I am hoping to book a dessert party for August 2. My 15 year old has never seen MK fireworks, this is her 4th trip. She is on the autism spectrum and crowds and noise are a problem for her. She really wants to see HEA. I am hoping with noise cancelling headphones and the less crowded dessert party she will be able to enjoy them. But which party? It looks like the view is better/straight on from the plaza and you sit on the ground or stand, and the terrace has a side view and seats. Am I right that this is the major difference? I mean, price aside, lol. Does the plaza area get very crowded? The last time we tried the fireworks I ended up walking towards the exit with my hands over her ears and her eyes closed. I am not above paying for her to have a good experience.

I am hoping to book a dessert party for August 2. My 15 year old has never seen MK fireworks, this is her 4th trip. She is on the autism spectrum and crowds and noise are a problem for her. She really wants to see HEA. I am hoping with noise cancelling headphones and the less crowded dessert party she will be able to enjoy them. But which party? It looks like the view is better/straight on from the plaza and you sit on the ground or stand, and the terrace has a side view and seats. Am I right that this is the major difference? I mean, price aside, lol. Does the plaza area get very crowded? The last time we tried the fireworks I ended up walking towards the exit with my hands over her ears and her eyes closed. I am not above paying for her to have a good experience.

It did not get crowded last week when we were there (during some of the higher crowds due to Spring Break). This was 10 minutes before the fireworks:

29314435_10156252444698748_7057900984214749184_n.jpg

It did not get crowded last week when we were there (during some of the higher crowds due to Spring Break). This was 10 minutes before the fireworks:

29314435_10156252444698748_7057900984214749184_n.jpg

This pic makes me so happy I booked this. I don't mind crowds, but a little room to spread out like this looks amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter