Toy Story 3 effect?

Saw yesterday afternoon, Great movie!! Just make sure you stay for the outtakes. I was surprised at how many people get up and leave as soon as the credits starts.

It's a great movie. I don't think it's going to have a large impact on the TSMM ride, tho', unless they update the games to include some of the new characters. Didn't someone already discuss that aspect?

Anyway, TSMM will remain wildly popular with the RD crowd, and the bane of stand by riders for the forseeable future. Yes, they could probably install a second TSMM venue without appreciably dampening demand, but look how long it took them to do that with the OTHER most popular ride in the MK -- Dumbo.

And from a corporate perspective, how much would adding a second TSMM add to the bottom line? Not much, I'd wager. They've already got the crowds coming to the one. No further action necessary, other than making the RD stampede safer.

It's a great movie. I don't think it's going to have a large impact on the TSMM ride, tho', unless they update the games to include some of the new characters. Didn't someone already discuss that aspect?

Anyway, TSMM will remain wildly popular with the RD crowd, and the bane of stand by riders for the forseeable future. Yes, they could probably install a second TSMM venue without appreciably dampening demand, but look how long it took them to do that with the OTHER most popular ride in the MK -- Dumbo.

And from a corporate perspective, how much would adding a second TSMM add to the bottom line? Not much, I'd wager. They've already got the crowds coming to the one. No further action necessary, other than making the RD stampede safer.

They have already updated the game to include some of the new characters.

Oh my gosh, I did the same thing when they mentioned Bo Peep. I got excited when they went to Sunnyside. I so thought it was heading in that direction. (a reunion )

Lotso is really cute, every time he's sad he has puppy eyes(hope that didn't spoil anything) and it was just too cute. I'll definitely want to meet him, probably just won't hug him! :laughing:

Saw the midnight showing....it. was. INCREDIBLE. I absolutely ADORED Andy in this film. :goodvibes I definitely felt an emotional attachment to this film, as it was definitely geared toward my generation. I cried, I laughed, it was definitely the most emotional animated movie I've ever endured.

Some spoilerish things down here, don't read if you haven't seen it.....

It was such a small mention in the film, but the brief thing they said about Bo Peep toward the beginning broke my heart. The whole film definitely has a bittersweet feeling to it. Toys being lost along the way, them having to stick together and moving on from their lives with Andy...I went through letting go of my childhood things recently as I'm just about a year or two older than Andy in the movie, and the pain Andy feels in the movie is definitely real. There's just a part of you that's hard to let go of, even if it seems childish.

I'm going to see it again in theatres. It was so good.

SPOILERS (kinda)

I wondered why Bo Peep wasn't included in this film, why the cut her out. I guess b/c her character would have no functionality? :confused3

I also thought it was sad when the Army Men left (but funny b/c they said they are first to go in the trash lol). They were pretty important in the past TS movies.

They should have had Bo and Weezy @ Sunnyside, or Bo now belonging to Bonnie and Woody discovering her when he went home with her. It would have made sense in a way, Andy's mom seemed to know Bonnie's mom.
How funny was it when Zurg was in the box @ the end?
Other toys that were missing..Mr. Spell, Mic, Lenny, the car, can you think of any others? I mean I know they weren't all going to be in the film, but a little cameo at the end would have been cool.
It would have been funny is Lotso ended up with Al and shipped off to the Toy Museum in Japan :lmao:

I also agree with a PP, my DD has carried around her Snoopy doll since her 1st Christmas when she got him (she's now 5). I will NEVER throw that dog away, has so many memories of her childhood. Dog has been put in the wash more times than I can count and has gone everywhere with here. Toys are such an important part of childhood.

I am so bummed that I won't get to see it until next weekend! My 8-year-old twin daughters were promised that they could each take 3 friends to see it for their birthday on the 26th. I CAN'T WAIT!!!:dance3:

Having met Joan Cusack this past week, Toy Story 3 meant so much more to us. It will be very exciting to see the Toy Story characters again this trip (Nov) and seeing Jessie will make everything complete.

I wanted to say that we saw the Pizza Planet truck, (yay!!), and that the new Narnia movie preview was INCREDIBLE!!!!

Ellie

SPOILERS (kinda)

They should have had Bo and Weezy @ Sunnyside, or Bo now belonging to Bonnie and Woody discovering her when he went home with her.

I don't know about Bo, but the guy who did the voices for Weezy and Lenny passed away.

Having met Joan Cusack this past week, Toy Story 3 meant so much more to us. It will be very exciting to see the Toy Story characters again this trip (Nov) and seeing Jessie will make everything complete.

Was she as wonderful as I think she is?? Everything I've ever seen her on makes me think that she is just an amazing, warm person. Please tell me that's true!

I don't know about Bo, but the guy who did the voices for Weezy and Lenny passed away.

Yes, I know, but didn't the guy who did Slinky pass, Jim Varney, is that his name? I noticed Slinky didn't talk all that much in TS3. Maybe b/c the voice of Lenny and Weezy was done by Joe Ranft, and they really did not want to replace him with anyone else.

The woman who did Bo's voice, can't think of her name either, but she's on Law and Order SVU a lot, one of the lawyers. I just looked it up, Annie Potts.

Bo was Molly's technically though right? And with her no longer being a baby/toddler it makes sense toys go along the way. Annie Potts is still alive so I don't know if she chose not to do it or they decided not to put the character in.

The movie was great!

I am sitting here getting misty over this movie and haven't even seen it yet. We are going in a few hours and I know I am going to be a sniffling mess. At least I will be prepared with the tissue. At 41 yrs young...I will never grow up. The magic of Disney will always touch my heart.

i also would have loved more of Bonnie's toys. they have such great comic potential. also agree that it would have been awesome for Bo to be in Bonnie's room. i so wish they would come out with a short showing some great adventure with all the old friends with the new characters. pretty please pixar!!:worship:

SPOILERS!

Yeah, I think it was supposed to be implied that Bo went via a garage sale. I don't like to say how a film should have been, because the filmmakers usually have pretty justified reasons for doing what they do. Which is why I'm excited for the film to come out on DVD so I can watch it with the commentary and find out their reasoning for things! :goodvibes It's just the ol' hopeless romantic in me wanted to see them together one more time, I always liked that relationship.

Slinky was too prominent of a character and was always one of the most popular (he was definitely one of my favorites), so I think it really would have upset audiences too much if he shared a fate with Lenny, Etch and the others, even if that meant having to find a new voice actor. While the smaller characters were cute and fun, they weren't nearly as vital to the story as Slink.

I REALLY hope they release some Chuckles merchandise....he was one of the most HILARIOUS characters to me. Just his face when they first show him...I was in stitches. The unicorn as well was funny, forget his name.

And, I LOVED the way they handled the Army Men...they gave them a well deserved mention but it would have been so unrealistic for Andy to want to keep them with the others due to some emotional attachment. So I loved their line about the trash. And there were only 3 or 4 shown in the movie...so it seems to me like the rest were probably trashed awhile ago and those were just a couple that got lost in his room so were left behind. They served their last mission with the gang and went on their way. It would explain what happened to all my army guys from when I was kid! :laughing: But yeah, another bittersweet moment in the film that just really made the Toy Story trilogy immortal.

Aaah I can't get over this film, so amazing. :thumbsup2

i also would have loved more of Bonnie's toys. they have such great comic potential. also agree that it would have been awesome for Bo to be in Bonnie's room. i so wish they would come out with a short showing some great adventure with all the old friends with the new characters. pretty please pixar!!:worship:

The Pixar short that will be released with Cars 2 is going to be about the Toy Story gang...so something to look forward to! :)

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/06/18/confirmed-toy-story-short-set-to-play-in-front-of-cars-2/

And, I LOVED the way they handled the Army Men...they gave them a well deserved mention but it would have been so unrealistic for Andy to want to keep them with the others due to some emotional attachment. So I loved their line about the trash. And there were only 3 or 4 shown in the movie...so it seems to me like the rest were probably trashed awhile ago and those were just a couple that got lost in his room so were left behind. They served their last mission with the gang and went on their way. It would explain what happened to all my army guys from when I was kid! :laughing: But yeah, another bittersweet moment in the film that just really made the Toy Story trilogy immortal.

Aaah I can't get over this film, so amazing. :thumbsup2

Me too. I was laughing so hard I almost chocked because that is so what happens here with the trash. :rotfl:

Just got back...

Awesome movie. Two :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My only comment...
SPOILER ALERT....

Is the original premise was kind of lost. Originally it was about "What the toys do when humans aren't around", but when humans do show up they are back exactly how they were left.
Now there were two instances that I remember where the toy world affected the human world.
1) When Woody called Andy's cell phone
and
2) When Woody left Andy a sticky note on the attic box

This was one of (if not) the BEST Pixar short.

I absolutely loved it... Worth the price of admission alone.

I just got back from seeing it and it was amazing.

SPOILER!

The most heartwrenching moment in the whole film was when they were trying to get away from the incinerator and Jessie asked Buzz what they were going to do. You'd expect Buzz to jump up and save the day, maybe do a little "falling, with style" action, but instead, he just looks at her and takes her hand. And then they all join hands. I knew that wasn't going to be the end for them, but realizing they all gave up hope was so, so, sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter