Trip Report! ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Part 1 - IMAGE INTENSIVE!

Glad your are back and injury free this time can't wait for the next installment:goodvibes
:lmao:Well, injury free, but still not quite 100%!!! Seems like it's always something!

Next installment soon!

Sayhello

Nice trip report. Can I ask how you managed to retrieve your pictures from the corrupt camera card *** in the same position myself and gutted that i've lost pics from my nephews last birthday party :( Really wanted to try get them back..
Loving your pics btw was thinking of doing the cruise next year maybe. Did you go solo on the cruise?

Nice trip report. Can I ask how you managed to retrieve your pictures from the corrupt camera card *** in the same position myself and gutted that i've lost pics from my nephews last birthday party :( Really wanted to try get them back..
Loving your pics btw was thinking of doing the cruise next year maybe. Did you go solo on the cruise?
Thanks! Glad you liked the report.

I took the bad memory card to Best Buy, and they said there was nothing they could do, but they could send it out to another place that could definitely recover them for a LOT of $$$$. Alternately, he suggested that I go to SanDisk's website, where they had a link to some recovery software they recommend, RescuePro by LC Technologies. The software was able to recognize the card as a drive, and found 98% of the stuff that was on the card (including hundreds of pictures I'd previously deleted, but, oh well, the ones I wanted were in there with the rest.) I first ran the Demo version, to make sure it could actually find the pictures, but the Demo version doesn't allow you to save what it finds. Since it found them, I went ahead & spent the $40 to buy the software, and recovered almost all of my pictures. One quirk I found is that it retrieved video as multiple snapshots, so it looked like there were a TON more pictures that I'd really taken.

If you need any help with the software, let me know. But LC Technologies' technical help were really responsive.

Sayhello

Hi Sayhello! Another great trip report! I am looking forward to reading more. I am glad you put so many pictures, it makes it so much easier to imagine I am there!

Thanks! Glad you liked the report.

I took the bad memory card to Best Buy, and they said there was nothing they could do, but they could send it out to another place that could definitely recover them for a LOT of $$$$. Alternately, he suggested that I go to SanDisk's website, where they had a link to some recovery software they recommend, RescuePro by LC Technologies. The software was able to recognize the card as a drive, and found 98% of the stuff that was on the card (including hundreds of pictures I'd previously deleted, but, oh well, the ones I wanted were in there with the rest.) I first ran the Demo version, to make sure it could actually find the pictures, but the Demo version doesn't allow you to save what it finds. Since it found them, I went ahead & spent the $40 to buy the software, and recovered almost all of my pictures. One quirk I found is that it retrieved video as multiple snapshots, so it looked like there were a TON more pictures that I'd really taken.

If you need any help with the software, let me know. But LC Technologies' technical help were really responsive.

Sayhello

Thank the dear Lord that you were able to save those photos! I can't imagine. I would of been a basket case!!!

Hi Sayhello! Another great trip report! I am looking forward to reading more. I am glad you put so many pictures, it makes it so much easier to imagine I am there!
Thanks, 2GirlsMama! There will be plenty more to read. My biggest challenge is that I'm only allowed 25 pictures per post! :goodvibes

Sayhello

Thank the dear Lord that you were able to save those photos! I can't imagine. I would of been a basket case!!!
Basket case is a pretty good description! I was SO glad that I had my iPad, and had a lot of the pictures backed up. If I was facing losing *ALL* my pics, I'd've been comatose!

Sayhello

My biggest challenge is that I'm only allowed 25 pictures per post! :goodvibes

Sayhello

That is why I created a website and provided the link for my Italy trip report. I did a newletter on my Mac and downloaded it to the website. I could use as many pictures as I wanted. I love my Mac! :)

That is why I created a website and provided the link for my Italy trip report. I did a newletter on my Mac and downloaded it to the website. I could use as many pictures as I wanted. I love my Mac! :)
Well, first, I'd have to figure out how to create a website... :confused3 Secondly, there would be nothing keeping me from posting all 2000 photos, in a 75 page trip report! This at least keeps it manageable!!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

LOVE your trip report! Started reading this one, then went back and read your other 2 on the ABD board!! Your pictures are awesome as is the report. I feel like I know you! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Well, first, I'd have to figure out how to create a website... :confused3 Secondly, there would be nothing keeping me from posting all 2000 photos, in a 75 page trip report! This at least keeps it manageable!!!!! :rotfl:

Sayhello

That was my issue to, but thanks to iweb and MobileMe, it was really simple stuff.

BTW, your trip reports are wonderful just as they are!

LOVE your trip report! Started reading this one, then went back and read your other 2 on the ABD board!! Your pictures are awesome as is the report.
:love: Thank you! :) I love doing the reports, and am always gobsmacked by how much people seem to enjoy them!

I feel like I know you! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes
I hope that's a good thing! ;)

Sayhello

Oh, I missed that last question when I replied to you earlier. Yes, I took the cruise as a solo. That was one reason I wanted to do the ABD, to have people I was "traveling" with. The price for the Category 12 was just too good to pass up, and I was surprised that DCL's single supplement was only 150%. Most cruise lines, it's almost 200%.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter